What a wonderful week for Natasha Henstridge! First, the Eli Stone alumna landed a part in The CW’s buzzy Secret Circle pilot, and now she’s set to visit CSI: Miami.
Henstridge will appear in the CBS crime drama’s Season 9 finale as a Secret Service agent who likely will strike a spark with Horatio Caine (played by David Caruso), TV Guide Magazine reports – and Miami‘s Eva La Rue tells TVLine that the guest star could be back for more. “I think she will be there for the first episode of next season as well,” says La Rue. “She’s a really sweet girl, and would be a really good addition [to the cast].”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Comedy Central has renewed Futurama for two more 13-episode seasons, EW.com reports.
• HBO has greenlit Tea Leoni’s comedy pilot Spring/Fall, says Deadline. The series stars Leoni as one half of a partnership between two powerful New York City women “with different approaches to career, family and friendship.”
Deadline is also reporting the following casting scoops:
• Veteran actor Ed Harris (A Beautiful Mind) will play Senator John McCain to Julianne Moore’s Sarah Palin in HBO’s upcoming film Game Change.
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum Anthony Stewart Head has joined NBC’s comedy pilot Free Agents, reprising his role from the original UK series of the same name.
• Outsourced‘s Ben Rappaport has joined an untitled CBS workplace-comedy pilot, opposite Michelle Trachtenberg (Gossip Girl). The casting, of course, is in second position to his current NBC series.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?