For Grey's Anatomy's Lexie, Things Get 'Steamy' and 'Awkward' With the Men In Her Life

This Thursday on Grey’s Anatomy (ABC, 9/8c), Lexie rides quite the emotional roller-coaster, enjoying a hot hook-up with one fella before getting served a chilly helping of “uncomfortable” courtesy of another.

First (and frothy) things first: Chyler Leigh tells TVLine that the opening scene of this week’s Grey’s, featuring Lexie and Jackson, is “a bit steamy.” She is quick to clarify that is is “not, like, literally steamy — it’s not a shower scene again! — but it involves other equipment.”

Steamy? Other equipment? What the what? Leigh offered no further details, only teasing, “You’ll see….”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey’s, Smallville, Glee and More

Dissecting the dynamic between Lexie and Jackson, Leigh says, “I think they support each other, they care about each other and it’s easy for one another to talk to each other about whatever they need or whatever want — things like that.”

“They’re both in the same place in their lives, and they also have the physical attraction to one another, so…. It’s Grey’s Anatomy, so they want sex,” she adds with a smile. “You will see us interacting a lot.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Grey’s and More

Interactions between Lexie and Mark, meanwhile, have been few and far between, largely because of the plenty complicated baby drama he’s got going with Callie and Arizona — a twist that did the always-fragile “Mexie” relationship no favors.

“Lexie got pretty rocked by the whole thing,” Leigh says of Mark’s latest baby daddy status, which came not so long after his grown daughter Sloan hit Seattle. “It was a breaking point for her, so her involvement [with all of that] so far hasn’t been too much.”

Yet in this week’s episode, a baby shower thrown for Callie sets the scene for Lexie and Mark to cross paths, and the chill in the air could revisit winter upon Seattle. “There’s a run in between [them] that’s a bit awkward,” Leigh previews. “It’s one of those moments.”

So are things thus finished, done, finito with Lexie and Mark? Will they continue to ignore the elephant in the room rather than talk about what happened? By season’s end, Leigh reckons, “Something will have to come to a head. I am sure something will come up where they’ll be at least in the same room together for more than a few minutes.”

Grey’s Anatomy Triangle Twist: Teddy Gets a Proposal!

In the meantime, Lexie and Jackson will continue to sing a happy tune (or at least make beautiful music together), especially when Grey’s serves up its “musical” episode on March 31.

“I’m singing ‘Breathe (2 AM)’ by Anna Nalick, and Sarah Drew (April) and I do the chorus on a song called ‘Grace,'” Leigh shares. “And In ‘Walking On Sunshine,’ by Jesus Jackson, I do a part in there.”

And might Lexie be singing to Jackson in any of the scenes…? “I can’t say,” Leigh non-answers. “But there are other people involved, definitely.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

(polls)

1. Danielle H. says:

I have watched this show since the pilot, and I have almost stopped watching over the past 3 seasons. This show is nothing like what it started as the first couple seasons. Chandra needs to get over herself and quit this stupid thing where only one couple can be okay on this show at a time. The back and forth between Lexie and Mark being together and apart is so old and possibly even more annoying then when it was happening with Meredith and Derek. Mark really adores her…. no woman is going to say no to that. I am honestly not sure how much longer I can stay with Grey’s.

• Mary says:

I would say no to that! He just got another woman pregnant!
      Being with Jackson is a no-brainer.

• xav says:

He adores her so much that he slept with everyone at the hospital and got someone else pregnant and then bribes someone else to stalk her.

• Jerry says:

What woman would want her man to have a baby with someone else??? who cares if the manwhore adores her??? it’s definitely not enough……

• Kate says:

I have stopped watching, but will read updates once in awhile to see if things have improved but nothing has convinced me I made the wrong decision. I don’t understand Chandra throwing the brakes on Mer/Der who have been together forever, while rushing AZ/Callie/Mark into a insta-family. It would have been a great step forward for Mer/Der after all the crap they’ve been through, but instead they get another crappy health scare storyline. Then because the writers are too lazy to come up with new ways to include all the characters, they bounce them back and forth between relationships which gives you little reason to root for the characters. I liked AZ/Callie and Mark/Lexie but in the process of creating drama the show let Callie and Mark disrespect them so badly I’m actively rooting against either relationship reconciling. I’m all for Lexie moving on with Jackson, and hopefully Arizona finding someone new instead of being a third wheel to Mark and Callie’s disfunction.

• IC says:

You mean Shonda, it’s Shonda Rhimes, Chandra is the actress that plays Bailey, Chandra Wilson.

• Me says:

Chandra Wilson is Bailey.. do you mean Shonda Rhimes?

• Claudy says:

It’s Shonda the executive producer/scriptwriter you want, not Chandra.

Mexie? Yawn. That ship is SO insipid…

2. lara says:

Lexie n Jackson are HOT! They go get Mark with Callie and send Arizona back to Africa with Teddy

3. gabhainn says:

I completely agree that Mark’s and Lexie’s ups and downs has gotten kind of old, which is why I welcome Jackson into the fold. It’s early days but I prefer Jaxie to Mexie. Lexie is perfectly within her rights to leave Mark, twice he has been involved with rearing children which is something she doesn’t want to do – at twenty seven that’s a valid concern. Lexie isn’t ready for children, she isn’t mature enough to deal with that yet.

She’s not saying no because he doesn’t adore her. She’s saying no because she can’t live in a situation that will leave her with those responsibilities yet.

4. Raksha says:

I totally want Lexie with Jackson…and, if I may add, I would love to see April and Alex together!!

5. Maddie says:

I love Grey’s Anatomy, I really do. I’ve been watching since season 1, and all the breaking up and dramas and new couples and sexual tension are part of the show, I get that. But this last season is nothing but boring. I feel like they’re running out of new drama things, so they’ve been writing these crazy stuff. Really, can a couple be happily together for an entire season? I feel like there are too many characters lately, and they’ve been forgetting the really important ones. I used to like Callie and Arizona, now I can’t stand it. I loved Mark and Lexie, and lately I’ve been hating them both. Where’s Meredith lately? Where’s Alex? Their plots are being left behind. I miss those days with Derek having to choose between Addison and Meredith, Callie liking George, who likes Izzie, who likes Denny. Come on, no reason to come up with a crazy pregnancy and crazy weddings. Just get back to cheating or syphilis or Mark being a manwhore, crazy cardio Gods and Bailey basically running the hospital – that’s more like real life, like the show used to be, and much more entertaining.

6. xav says:

Definitely Jackson. Lexie deserves better than to have to be the step-mother to Mark’s stupid mistakes. He made her worst fear about their relationship a reality, when that happened I basically stopped wanting them to ever be together. Before that I thought they were adorable.

7. Jessica says:

I mis Grey’s oold days too, but I do NOT miss Derek having to choose between Meredith and Addison. Even Patrick Dempsey siad taht storyline went on for far to long, he never agreed or understood why I too agree with Maddie with all except the Der/Mer/Addison love triangle. Derek would ever choose Addison and wanted MerDer back together much sooner. Other than that, S1-2 rocked. As far as Lexie/Mark/Jackson are concerned-Bring on Jackson I say. Mark & Lexie give me the creeps. He looks seriously like her grandfather, and a creepy grandfather at that. Mark has gotten three women pregnant (that we know of in terms of the SLs) and has slept with every nurse at SGH. Mark/Lexie are a miss match as far as I’m concerned in almost every way. Miss when Mark loved Addison. They were just a much better pairing. I kind of like Jackson and Lexie. Both similar ages, both at similar places in the storyline. I’m interested in seeing how it plays out.

8. Jerry says:

Lexie is way better off with Jackson!!!

9. Juli says:

I’m all for Lexie/Jackson.

Mark is a hypocritical ass. He had the nerve to make Lexie feel bad for sleeping with Alex when he had numerous hook-up’s with Addison. Lexie, and the entire female population, deserve better.

10. Dana says:

Bring back Alex/Lexie!

I don’t like the new blond doctor

11. Dominique says:

For me, this is really simple;
    Lexie has Jackson, who’s been a friend to her for wuite some time now, listens to her, supports her and helps her to get back on her feet and reminds her there are plenty of men out there who would kill to be with her.

Then there’s Mark, who never knows what he wants, doesn’t seem to understand that when your plan is to convince to woman you love to give their relationship another chance, rambeling on about how much he loves and wants to be with her, it’s NOT a good idea to have sex with your best friend and your’s best friend’s sister in the meantime. Lexie, no matter what, will always come second or third in their relationship.

So, like I said, for me, it’s quite simple; Jackson is the guy for her.

12. Cherry says:

You know, I used to love this show. Even during season 6, when everyone started to dislike Grey’s. Cause I was okay with all the drama – it’s like Grey’s used to be. And I didn’t mind either, that the focus wasn’t on MerDer all the time.
    But this season just pretty much sucks. We got this amazing finale last year, which could have resulted in amazing storylines. Instead, we get 10 episodes of Christina having PTSD.
    I’m happy when I get two minutes MerDer during one episode, cause Grey’s Anatomy seems to have turned into Calzona’s Anatomy.
    And even though I love Calzona – that’s not how it’s supposed to be.

About Mark/Lexie/Jackson. I think I’m still team Mark. I hate that Shonda screws Lexie and Mark up again and again, cause it’s slowly destroying them, but I think they belong together. And they’ll probably be together in the end. For now, I’m fine with Jackson/Lexie cause they’re fun to watch and don’t have any drama by now (I wonder how long it’s gonna stay like this).
    But it’s a lot like MerDer. I never shipped Meredith with anyone but Derek and the other way around. Same goes for Mark and Lexie.

13. Ashton says:

Im a Lexie/Mark fan. I hate the plot of Callie having a kid in general let alone with Mark. Too much and too random.

14. lothiriel says:

I hate what the writers did with mark, but I am a mark & lexie fan, I mean look at S05 and you will know why.

I don’t care abt Jackson, I don’t care abt how they are “hot” together, I just don’t forget that lexie is the woman that put mark back together!!!
    The writing is bad, not the couple ! can’t wait for ML !

• Annie says:

Interesting. “…lexie is the woman that put mark back together…”

But Mark is the jerk that keeps on stomping on Lexie’s heart.

See the pattern here? M/L fans do not really care about Lexie’s welfare. For them, it’s all about Mark – what Mark wants, what will make Mark happy… but it’s never about what’s good for Lexie.

Mark is not good for Lexie. He is toxic.

Jackson Avery is where it’s at.

• jhiujbjwehwekj says:

Excuse me? They were together for a year, he comforted her while her father had his surgery, when George died, when she was worried about losing her job. He threw her to the ground and covered her with HIS OWN BODY when the gunman was shooting. Their relationship only went bad when Sloane showed up, and that was not really Mark’s fault. I do agree that he should have handled it better and included Lexie more, not making her feel like a second thought, but I got really angry with her when she asked him to choose her over his DAUGHTER. Granted, he didn’t know her, but she is still his child (and considering the whole Addison thing and Mark’s parents, it’s not surprising that he chose Sloane). I understood why she did it but it still made me so, so mad. I was just as angry with Mark when he slept with Addison as I was when Lexie slept with Alex, but I literally could not watch any scene with Mark in for the middle pat of season 6 because the way he treated Lexie after their break-up WAS awful. I can’t say I didn’t feel a little sympathetic, though.
        I never actively shipped Alex/Lexie, but I could stand seeing them on the screen together purely because I love Alex almost as much as I love Mark. Lexie and Alex were actually OK together, and they made each other happy for a little while, so I was okay with that. I kind of felt that when Mark proposed to Lexie, even though she was with Alex, that he wasn’t really expecting her to answer positively, that it was more of a last ditch attempt to get her back because he saw what a horrible mistake he had made. Then the shooting happened and everything went to hell (I repeat: he covered her with his own body). Oh, I remembered another thing: he committed her to the psych ward. She had a breakdown, she needed to be taken care of, and Mark was there. Then she told him to leave her alone. That scene made me really sad, but he did what she told him to. He left her alone (I was angry that he slept with Amelia, though. Also, why couldn’t Lexie just pick up the telephone and saved everyone a lot of heartache). Then there was the whole ass thing, which was cute.
        Now: I blame Callie more than I blame mark for this dreadful pregnancy storyline because she was the one that jumped on him and she still got everything. the baby, the girlfriend, the baby daddy/best friend. Mark, however, lost the love of his life (can’t really blame Lexie for running, though she should have talked to him once she’d calmed down. And what was Mark supposed to do? If he’d chosen to be the cool uncle, people would have hated on him for not taking responsibility for his actions. He was in a rock meet hard place situation and where’s no way he could have both Lexie and his child. (repeat: his CHILD)). Now there’s the whole Lexie/Jackson thing. I don’t care all that much if she has sex with Jackson, but seeing them on my screen has actually made me stop watching and only watching parts I find interesting on Youtube. I don’t like Jackson. He was all “yo, here’s some PBCs, tell me all about your love life!” and then lied to Mark about it. If he cared about Lexie, he would at least have told her that Mark did, in fact, care how she was feeling so she could form her own opinion rather than talking him down in the next episode(s?).
        It is wrong for you to make the assumption that all ML fans only care about Mark and not Lexie. while I’m sure that a few are like that, most aren’t. We do care about Mark, true, but Lexie is just as important in their relationship. To tell you the truth, she holds all the cards.

• Alex says:

Wow, um, generalization, much? Mark/Lexie fans definitely care about Lexie.

She was awkward and had no self-confidence in season 4. When she started dating Mark, she became more mature and confident. He made her smile and made her feel loved, and after Alex, Meredith, and George, there was nothing she needed more. What Lexie gave to Mark was stability and direction: with her, he was no longer a manwhore, and he actually felt he was worth something for once. They both did so much to change each other. Compare them both to their season 4 counterparts and they’re entirely different people.

You can blame Mark all you want for choosing his daughter over Lexie but any parent would agree without a doubt that their child would come first. He’s not a heartless bastard for wanting to take care of his child. Lexie actually found this nice about him a couple of episodes ago; she realized he really was a good man and that while her reaction was fair, she wasn’t sure it was the right choice. Lexie loves Mark, Mark loves Lexie.

Lexie/Jackson has no substance. They’re just easy. They’re the same age, they work together, they live together… it’s easy. But they don’t love each other, and they don’t seem to really talk much… just have sex. That’s not really a great relationship.

• Annie says:

Who is saying that Mark should not step up and take responsibility for his child with Callie or his grandson or daughter? He absolutely should! But why should Lexie be dragged into it? Being a parent is Mark’s dream, not Lexie’s (at least not yet). This is Cristina and Burke all over again–Cristina feeling like she’s giving up pieces of herself to be in a relationship with Burke. Should Lexie have to do that? Should she feel like she has to go back on her stated position that she is just not ready for this sort of thing just to be in a relationship with Mark?

I don’t think so, but apparently, that’s what M/L fans want to happen. “Lexie, we know Mark hurt you badly TWICE, but never mind all that. You have to go back to him because poor Mark is lost without you.” Wow. Is that how much you care about Lexie? Have her go back to the guy who broke her–I believe the term Chyler used was “devastated”–in the first place?

Shonda said in one of her old interviews that nobody on the show gets everything they want. If that is true, then Mark shouldn’t be able to have his dream baby and Lexie as well. We will all see if that is true when the credits roll on the series (not season)finale when these characters ride off into TV history.

I used to love Lexie and Mark together, but I love my girl Lexie more. Now I can’t even bear to look at Mark Sloan; all I see is the guy who hurt Lexie Grey.

15. SloanGreyFan says:

It’s simple:

Jackson is refreshing, but Lexie shares a very deep love with Mark. Nevermind that Jackson is dull as crap. If Lexie stays with him, she’ll be settling and ultimately miserable.

• Cathy says:

Not loving Lexie/Jackson either; he comes off kind of smarmy to me, and he doesn’t seem very honest. Mark has grown a lot, and while it’s not the best situation, he is being honorable and wanting to be part of his kid’s life. Not great, but I do like him better with Lexie. And I didn’t like him with her before, they’ve grown on me.

• Annie says:

More miserable than Mark makes her?

• SloanGreyFan says:

More miserable, and if last night was any indication, L/J have no substance either. They spent the whole hour sexing each other up. How deep.

16. Gabby says:

I’m okay with Lexie/Jackson for now. But I want Mark and Lexie back together and happy. I’m sick of the ups and down just let them be together.
    Hate this stupid baby storyline too. HATE it

17. bulma says:

I really think all those CL and JW interviews abt Jackson/lexie is hard to take for ML fans especially since i am starting t think that Shonda won’t keep her promise to see ML back together ! what a shame!

18. Katie says:

I use to adore Mark. Back in the Addison days. I thought he rocked. The character was sexy, funny and made no apologies for who he was and with Addison, they complimented each other as characters. When Kate Walsh left for Private Practice is when I think the writers lost their way with Mark. “Nurses against Mark Sloan” an the implication he had slept with the entire nursing staff was just gross. The “unknown” but according to Mark “he kind of knew” daughter made him seem worse. And now he impregnated Callie which makes me feel so sorry for the Arizona character and put a complete end to any understanding I would have had for Mark and Lexie had their ages not put me off to begin with. Eric Dane is an okay actor, but I don’t think the writers know what to do with Mark or even how to match him with someone who is his equal. It’s sad. I think I’m going to support Jackson and Lexie. There’s something sweet about them that I haven’t seen since Lexie had a crush on George. I’d like to see it work into a real couple situation. They seem right. And my hope for Mark is to find him a well written, more age appropriate character to have a love SL with and fix his character STAT

19. Deion says:

Mark and Lexie, in the beginning, were a great idea. Lexie seemd to be what Mark needed to reform. But this needy man they turned him into is killing the character for me. He basically chased her off with Sloan and wanting to adopt her baby, and now they are doing it again. It can’t matter if he loves her, she doesn’t want kids and Mark is crazy for one. Let Lexie move on, as long as it isn’t with Alex, I don’t care with whom.

20. Annie says:

Oh, come on! It’s so easy to be for Jackson to be the “good guy” in this situation (and apparently everyone forgets the ass he’s being).
    That doesn’t make him the right guy for Lexie and that doesn’t mean he will make her happy in the long run. Also Lexie is too smart, she needs someone way more challenging than Jackson.

• Dominique says:

If you’re gonna make statements like that, can you at least give us some reasons as to why Jackson’s being an ass?

Cuase in between him being a good friend to Lexie and him helping her realize that there are plenty of other men out there who would put her first for once, I’m kinda lost.

• Kris says:

How about the fact he took advantage of her when he knew she was emotional? How about the fact he’s played on her hurt over her break-up with Mark since day one? How about the fact that he blows his top everytime Lexie and Mark are in the same room? He know they are going to end up together but he is prologing the inevitable for his own selfish purposes.

21. Jen says:

Jackson and Lexie FTW!!! Mark has let Lexie down so many times, I think enough is enough. She should just move on for good. How many chances should Mark get? Seriously, he’s gone and gotten more than one person pregnant, he’s put Lexie in a situation where she would have had to be a step mom 3 times, has screwed almost all the females in the hospital or maybe the whole of Seattle, he’s hypocritical and the list goes on. Believe it or not I like Mark. When he’s not being a douche or even when he is, he has a lot of charm and he can be a great guy but I just don’t think he’s meant to be with Lexie. They just aren’t right for each other. Lexie and Jackson however would be great together. They can talk easily (opening up to her about his ptsd, her opening up about Mark) have amazing chemistry, they bring out the best qualities in each other and they would be super cute :D I love Jaxie already.

22. Kelly says:

Jackson said it best do you want to be dating a guy,two girls and a baby. Loved Mark and Lexie but Lexie deserves better. Team Jackson all the way!

23. Kris says:

Breaking up Mark/Lexie 2 episodes after putting them together (for the SAME reason they broke up last year!) was the dumbest, worst plot device Grey’s Anatomy has ever produced. Her and Jackson just make this worse. I am dying for Mark/Lexie to get back together so I can take this show seriously again cause right now, it’s a joke.

24. jenn says:

Mark and Lexie all the way!!! They are the best and belong with eachother

25. leah says:

Def Team Mark and Lexie!!!

26. mara says:

Mark and Lexie belong together! Love them (even though avery is super fine)

27. jaimie says:

I kinda like avery and lexie for now but if mark and lexie don’t get back together soon and stay together this time I’m done! When they get back together they need to stick this time and writers need stop making them go back and forth it’s exhausting, but they are still my fave couple so Mark and Lexie all the way! :)

28. melanie says:

Mark/Lexie/jackson who cares! Lol M/L always go back and forth and the other dude is just there for his looks!

29. Mdz says:

Want Mark and Lexie back!!! I don’t like Avery,didn’t before Lexie and obviously don’t like now that he is..

30. teniba says:

It’s funny how Team Mark is inning in the poll but Team Avery is winning in the comments lol another illsutration of those vocal minorities devoted to a relationship on a tv show

• lothiriel says:

:-/ you should count again, there is approximatively the same number of pro-ML and anti-ML(I counted those against ML, they do not all agree with JL, some prefer Alex with lexie…). One more comment for the antiML I think.
      So not so different from the poll’s results !

Anyway I am proML, and I really hope the writers will finally be able to write a good, realistic SL for ML!

• Cherry says:

I doubt that everyone who’s voting also writes a comment…

31. Lara says:

I kind of didn’t know whether I ship M/L or J/L. But after last night, I definetly do know. So, Jackson and Lexie are hot. Like really hot. But that’s the only thing they are. Almost every scene they shared last night was about sex. What a great foundation for a relationship.Haha.
    And I think that Mark acted like an ass last season with Sloane and this season with the Callie baby, but none of this is his fault. He’s supposed to choose his kids over everything else. And Lexie may deserve better. But fact is, she loves Mark, and he loves her. And my heart almost broke when I saw Mark’s hurt look when he watched Jackson and Lexie leaving the shower together. So, they are broken up for the second time now, but I think they deserve another chance. All big Grey’s couples got at least three chances (MerDer, Calzona, Christina & Owen). And despite all the problems they have, Mark and Lexie an amazing couple.

32. Liz says:

I think by the SF Lexie will be making a big gesture and fighting for her and Mark and ML wlll finally be together again for good this time.

I really think this were the season is heading. BTW L/J ewwwwww

33. Sarahsmiles says:

I love love love Mark but I HATE Mark and Lexie together! I think her and Avery make a better pairing. I want someone else for Mark!!!! Though there is no one on there now I would want him to be with!

34. lothiriell says:

Glad last ep show the love is till there btw mark and lexie !! can’t wait for a reunion !!

I love that they reminded us of the S05scene (hair, mark, lexie, …broken penis ^^)