Fringe Battles Nikita: Only One Can Make the 'Renew Our Show!' Finals

One features brainy characters whose doppelgängers live in an alternate universe. The other features sexy sleuths leading double lives. But both Fox’s Fringe and the CW’s Nikita have one important thing in common: They’re in the semifinals of TVLine.com’s first annual ‘Renew Our Show!’ Bracket Tournament, and only one will survive into Monday’s final showdown.

To make the final four, Fringe had to erase Outsourced and V, while Nikita assassinated The Event then pulled off a close upset over No. 3 seed One Tree Hill in the opening two rounds of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Monday at 1 p.m. ET, you’ll be able to vote for the ultimate “Renew Our Show!” Champion — where the winner of this battle will be up against the winner of Chuck Vs. Parenthood. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But now, you’ve got a tough choice to make — either Fringe or Nikita. Polls will be open for 48 hours, and once you’re done, feel free to hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. And now the time has come for you to vote like you mean it!

Comments (532)

• GO NIKITA!!!! Fringe is really confusing and Michael and Nikita are
    such a good couple.

Comment by Sarah – April 6, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite is MIKITA!!!
    Voted for MIKITA!!!

Comment by Alice – April 7, 2011 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA will win!

NIKITA is the best!

Comment by cici – April 7, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO NIKITA! Nd if it comes down to Chuck vs. Fringe, sorry but I love Chuck more!

Comment by Sydney – April 8, 2011 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My LOVE is NIKITA! NIKITA is very attractive show!

Michael and Nikita please work hard and go on…

Comment by jack – April 11, 2011 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need NIKITA. GOOD SHOW.

Comment by fan – April 11, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita! Fringe is good but if I could only choose one it would be Nikita. It’s my can’t miss show. I DVR it and I will watch it more than once and there are things I missed the first time. Hoping for a love triangle storyline with Michael/Nikita/Owen. NIKITA!

Comment by Monalisa – April 27, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita should be renewed… thats really the best show on the network…

Comment by byron – May 2, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch both Fringe and Nikita… I liked Nikita.. I thought it was going to be somewhat like Le femme Fatale but it is more like a soap opera gone wrong…. GOOOOOOOOO FRINGE

Comment by Noni – May 6, 2011 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is the best!

Comment by AWest – May 12, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, never thought I’d ever say it, because I thought Nikita STANK 1st season… but, it’s grown on me. Keep Nikita.

That being said, I LOVE Fringe. I think BOTH should be renewed. If I HAD to choose ONE… I guess Fringe, but I’d be upset because Nikita should also be there. lol

These two are 100,000 times better than all the STUPID Vampire shows. It’s just absurd. All I ever see is the Oracle from The Matrix, talking to Neo on the park bench, about when you see and hear about Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts, etc., that someone is up to no good. It’s a very true, logical statement. Who CARES about bloody vampires all over the place! Holy BORING, Batman! What about (forget the name) that pudgy little mini-blimp that’s supposed to be invincible…. like a Charlie’s Angels type of show… it’s DUMB… I an’t see what anyone sees in that show. Oh and CHUCK!! The biggest waste of time in the history of TV… Everytime I hear them all saying Chuck~ Chuck! 50 times… I can’t help but say Schmuck… sounds mch better, and he can’t act for beans, so he is a Schmuck IMO. You’re all entitled to your opinion, I’m entitled to mine.

Why they ever cancelled the Dresden Files and put another stupid vampire show in its place. Yeesh… give me a break. Dresden was an Awesome show…. whoever decided to kill it before it even had one season should be drawn and quartered! Smallville? TEN YEAR soap opera… a real boring soap opera… couple of Special EFX per show… show for romantic airheads… and everyone waited TEN YEARS to see him FLY!! Te last 5 minutes of the series closer, we see him FLY in the S-Man costume! This show should have been called THE FLASH… because tha’s all he ever did… was RUN. Stupid waste of time. Now they’re all super ultra filthy rich on a dumb show that wasn’t even worth one season….. okay maybe one…mayb even a generous two… but then Dresden should’ve gotten three+.

I could write 20 more pages… but I’ll spare you.

Fringe AND Nikita!! Renew BOTH!

Oh right… Sanctuary beats out SG-U? For SHAME!! SG-U was the BEST of all show on TV! Shame on SyFy… I’ve decided to boycott SyFy from now on for killing SG-U. Cripes! It won AWARDS less than a year ago and you’ve killed it? STUPID. Most DUMB decision ever. Even BSG lasted 3 seasons and it didn’t even come close to SG-U.

SG-A should’ve also continued… it easily could’ve gone another 5 seasons. LAZY producers. Too much money you’ve been paid… Don’t want to work anymore. You should do it for the LOVE of doing it, not ONLY the money.

Comment by Joe Silverman – May 16, 2011 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I LOVE NIKITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO RENEW IT. GO NIKITA GO!!!!!!!

Comment by lusi – May 16, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guys what you are doing is HORRRIBLE!
    How can you choose between Nikita and Fringe?! Those shows are so badass and awesome! Dammit, if one of these had to be canacelled, I would be SO destroyed!
    Voting blank!

Comment by Aixela – October 26, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita!

Comment by GVANCII – April 1, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by марина андреева – September 15, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Vote “NIKITA” . Its the best show I have ever whatched and always will be

You GO NIKITS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Stacia – April 10, 2014 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post