Fringe Battles Nikita: Only One Can Make the 'Renew Our Show!' Finals

One features brainy characters whose doppelgängers live in an alternate universe. The other features sexy sleuths leading double lives. But both Fox’s Fringe and the CW’s Nikita have one important thing in common: They’re in the semifinals of TVLine.com’s first annual ‘Renew Our Show!’ Bracket Tournament, and only one will survive into Monday’s final showdown.

To make the final four, Fringe had to erase Outsourced and V, while Nikita assassinated The Event then pulled off a close upset over No. 3 seed One Tree Hill in the opening two rounds of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Monday at 1 p.m. ET, you’ll be able to vote for the ultimate “Renew Our Show!” Champion — where the winner of this battle will be up against the winner of Chuck Vs. Parenthood. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But now, you’ve got a tough choice to make — either Fringe or Nikita. Polls will be open for 48 hours, and once you’re done, feel free to hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. And now the time has come for you to vote like you mean it!

1. Emma says:

Nikita, meant to be. ;)

2. Jorge Jose Herrera says:

I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jay says:

Fringe’s just been picked up so I hope Nikita wins lol

4. Jess says:

FRINGE ALL THE WAY!! THIS IS THE BEST SHOW IN TV!!!

5. A Fan says:

Sabrina should STFU about others talking about a show. Pot say hello to kettle. Claims she hasn’t watched a show for 2 years yet rants daily about it, trashes actors, writers and ther fans. Then feels the need to tell fans of other shows not to bash. Hypocrite.

6. hueeezy says:

N I K I T AAAAA

MAGGGIE Q FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ana muller says:

FRINGE HAS JUST BEEN PICKED UP! WOOT WOOT FRINGE FANDOM IS THE BEST :)

8. Angela says:

As much as I have a soft spot for Anna Torv for being in my favorite video game (Heavenly Sword),

I VOTE FOR NIKITA. NIKITA!!

9. Jay says:

With Fringe renewed already, shouldn’t Nikita have a free pass? Not that it matters seeing how low the numbers for Nikita are against the titan that is Chuck/Parenthood. So I think they should just skip finals as well :P

btw I love Nikita lol

10. Cayci says:

Nikita!! Nikita!!! Nikita!!! Please please PLEASE renew it! It has so much potential and a growing fanbase. Too many other shows like fringe in the scifi genre. Nikita may not be 100% original in form but it is carried through so well, great complex interrelationships, wonderful dynamic characters and appealing to a large age range. They deserve the chance to prove how amazing they can be to those who have yet to see it all. Looove!!!

11. Jack says:

LOL fringe just got renewed for another season so i think NIKITA should get get automatically win

12. Mindy says:

Well, I would obviously vote for Fringe, but FOX just renewed it!!!! I may vote for it anyway. Just because the Fringe vs. Chuck showdown would be very interesting to see. Though, Chuck may get more votes now that Fringe is already renewed.

13. fringeee says:

OMG OMG
    NIKITA GO TO HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRINGE IS RENEWED GUYSSSSSSSSSSS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG

OMG OMG

OMG OMG
    OMG OMG
    OMG OMG

• hmmm says:

Wow! That’s really mature.

• You're embarrassing yourself. says:

What purpose does this serve? Both these shows are great.

Stop trolling.

• fringeee says:

Hello again !
        OK I APOLOGIZE GUYS , NIKITA FANS : SORRY
        I SAW THE “mediocre” comment by Shane west and some BAD BAD comments that made me hate Nikita …THEN SAW THE RENWEL NEWS SO I had THIS HYSTERICAL STATE
        But now I know it was wrong ok DESOLE :)
        I just voted for Nikita for the common Good :D

14. Deion says:

With Fringe renewed, let’s vote for Nikita with wild abandon!

15. Virginia says:

Fringe is clearly the better show – but it has three years to grow as a show. Also, it was just renewed! http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-Renewed-Fox-1031081.aspx
    Give Nikita the chance to make great improvements like Fringe has! It might be a little rough now, but it has a great cast, inspiring leads, and a lot of potential

16. michael connaughton says:

Its a toss up both shows are excellent

17. Both These Shows are Flawless. says:

It really upsets me when two shows of this caliber get ignored for other shows that are less deserving of attention. Both Nikita and Fringe have a strong fanbase (although no where near as strong as the SPN one, but those gals are crazy about their show, no contest with them lol). Both shows tell consistent stories that actually keep you guessing and the acting is great.

I wish both Anna Torv and Maggie Q (and their fellow castmates!) got the recognition they deserve. <3

18. Yumi says:

Fringe has been renewed for Season 4. Hell yes!!!!!!

19. Solis says:

fringe is picked up OMG!!

20. Brann says:

Fringe has already been renewed! So shared fans vote for Nikita!

21. ILeN says:

Indonesia LOVE NIKITA so MUCH!!!!!!

22. Angela says:

OF COURSE NIKITA. ITS SUCH A GOOD AWESOME SHOW!! <3 its too awesome :D

23. Shine says:

yeah great news

24. Kiley rondeau says:

Nikita is my favorite show next to PLL so I vote Nikita! Nikita is legit she is amazing I wish I can do those sweet moves like a ninja!

25. Fee says:

NIKITA!! All the way!!!

26. Stevie says:

Fringe is so overrated and the drop in ratings prove it. Good luck getting a season 5. Neither Fringe or Nikita is an original concept. Fringe copies the X-File so badly it hurts. Nikita is a fresh new show that I like and doesn’t try too hard. Giving my vote to Nikita!

• ELLA says:

Fringe is NOT a copy of X-File…way too different.

• Nia says:

i agree. fringe doesn’t have a single “alien” in their storyline. it’s completely original. name one other tv series that has alternate universes as their main storyline while maintaining and tying it with their serialized episodes?! none. fringe is super original!

27. Michee says:

NIKITA ALL THE WAY BITCHESSSSS!

28. Nicolette says:

NIKITA gets my vote <3

29. Donna says:

Bring back Nikita! Maggie Q kicks serious a$$ every week, and can’t get enough of Shane West, HOT,HOT,HOT!

30. Lisa says:

So wait! Fringe was just renewed so doesn’t that disqualify it? Does Nikita win by default?? Because both shows deserve another season!

31. will says:

first of all, NIKITA’s highest rated episode couldn’t even manage to be higher than FRINGE’S lowest rated episode. plus, NIKITA’s ratings, too, have continued to lower as each episode passes. so you shouldn’t even start comparing ratings here. it’s such a shame because after the news of FRINGE’S renewal, i was gonna come here and start giving my vote for NIKITA. but the posts by the show’s fans have been such a turn off. that’s one fandom i wouldn’t want to be a part of. add to that SHANE WEST’S arrogant tweet bashing FRINGE and, well, i have scrapped my plans to watch this show. i used to have plans to start watching it. but after these vile display of immaturity by its fans and its stars? no, thanks.

• Kris says:

Do you honestly expect us to cry over YOU not giving us pity vote? BFD. I’ve seen no Nikita comments that are any different from any of the Fringe fans rabid comments. It’s an article that pits shows against each other, it should be expected some of the comments are negative. Don’t try to shame people from behind your computer screen, it’s not becoming.

• will says:

sorry but i was addressing that person who said FRINGE was overrated and unoriginal and said the proof of that is the ratings. but then again, who said i was expecting anyone to cry over my “pity vote”? i don’t expect nor force you to do anything. and i’m not trying to shame people behind my computer screen. this is a comment box. i am going to say what i please about which show is deserving. it wasn’t even gonna be a pity vote because i was honestly interested in watching the series and i didn’t want it canceled. it’s just interesting coz i haven’t seen any of the fringe fans saying stuff like this before THIS particular poll. when it was up against v and such, they weren’t this nasty. something must have triggered it and i assume it’s from shane west’s tweet. i was following the comments here and the first few comments weren’t as nasty until that tweet came out.

32. Kris says:

Fringe was renewed so Nikita wins by default…and by AWESOMENESS!

33. Jay says:

Well…this just got awkward…

34. Christy says:

Nikita Seriously!!! Fringe already got renewed so chill out Fringe people and let Nikita get it. I’ve never seen fringe and it’s probably amazing (im not hating) but Nikita is AMAZING and the thought of the canceling it makes me want to cry!

35. Cma says:

Definitely Nikita should be renewed

36. beast says:

To late, fringe has already been renewed. so I saw Nikita.

37. Jennifer says:

GO NIKITA GO!!!! :-)

38. Axelle says:

Nikita !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This a really great show !!!!

39. Deanna says:

Oh c’mon Fringe fans.!Your show is already renewed.Plz vote for Nikita..C’mon be logical and dont hate and diss our show.I am sure we can all be matured here.If you haven’t watched it Nikita is pretty AWESOME.!You’ll should check it out.!

40. fs says:

fringe is already renewed !! so vote for nikita

41. Lucie says:

I’m french and I watch Nikita !!!!!!!!!!!!! Nikita is a really good show !!! It’s getting better and better !!! Nikita shoul de renewed !!!!!! I need a second season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Spyder23 says:

Fringe was renewed people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. FRINGE HAS BEEN RENEWED says:

Fringe has been renewed for a fourth season SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote for Nikita
    PLEASE

44. Lu says:

I think we can safely say that Fringe won.
    F YES.

*dances*

45. leia_naberrie says:

Come on guys, FRINGE has been renewed for a 4th season! Please, let NIKITA get at least 2 seasons.

46. Micheeeelleeee says:

Hi, can anyone tell me where to click to vote? I can’t seem to find the link to vote! I’m viewing this page from my iPhone. Please help!

47. Zachariah says:

“A Fox spokesperson confirms to TVLine that the acclaimed (yet ratings-challenged) drama will return for a fourth season next fall — and a full season (22 episodes!) at that.”

Though I was already for Nikita, that makes it even moreso, and hopefully Fringe fans would do the same

48. Gabriel says:

absolutely nikita cause Lyndsy Fonseca is amazing!

49. Abby says:

NIKITA :) Really looking forward to the rest of this series and the next!
    Great team behind this and gets me excited for each new episode :)

50. Michelleeee says: