Fringe Battles Nikita: Only One Can Make the 'Renew Our Show!' Finals

One features brainy characters whose doppelgängers live in an alternate universe. The other features sexy sleuths leading double lives. But both Fox’s Fringe and the CW’s Nikita have one important thing in common: They’re in the semifinals of TVLine.com’s first annual ‘Renew Our Show!’ Bracket Tournament, and only one will survive into Monday’s final showdown.

To make the final four, Fringe had to erase Outsourced and V, while Nikita assassinated The Event then pulled off a close upset over No. 3 seed One Tree Hill in the opening two rounds of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Monday at 1 p.m. ET, you’ll be able to vote for the ultimate “Renew Our Show!” Champion — where the winner of this battle will be up against the winner of Chuck Vs. Parenthood. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But now, you’ve got a tough choice to make — either Fringe or Nikita. Polls will be open for 48 hours, and once you’re done, feel free to hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. And now the time has come for you to vote like you mean it!

Comments (532)

• Nikita is by far the better show

Comment by alliew – March 24, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe sucks, Nikita is amazing

Comment by cali21 – March 24, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #Nikita ftw!

Comment by Selket – March 24, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can I vote? Just by comenting? FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE! IF FRINGE DIES, SO DO I.
    PLEEEEASE FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE!

Comment by Agentjessupfbi – March 24, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The two series are amazing… but i think that NIKITA is much better than FRINGE… In the last season FRINGE is so boring!!!…

Comment by Claudia – March 24, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA!

Comment by sammy – March 24, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well yeah, Fringe may win this one… but we all know both shows deserve to be renewed :)

Nikita is an awesome show, there hasn’t been a spy show on tv with this many kickass characters and interesting plot twists in a long time.
    Fringe? well. what can’t I say about it. It’s great sci fi stuff.

i still voted Nikita though. I just CANT have enough Maggie Q on my tv.

Comment by sylvie – March 24, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF is Nikita?? FRINGE –> UNTIL THE WORLD STOPS SPINNING!

Comment by fauxmeonce – March 24, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COME ON NIKITA FANS, VOTE VOTE VOTE ! WE CANT LET SOME STUPID SHOW FRINGE WIN!

Comment by nikita!!!!! – March 24, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita has only 16 episodes… All of us just waiting the 2 season!!! And Maggie Q is so hot, SHE IS the perfect NIKITA!!!… PLEASE!!!!!

Comment by Claudia – March 24, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita by a country mile. I used to watch Fringe but got bored after the first season.

Comment by Annie – March 24, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Nikita!!! Is amazing ;) !!!! Kisses from Madrid !!!

Comment by Mariaa – March 24, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay..can I just say that I had to unfollow like 3 geeks on Twitter today spamming on Nikita? I don’t hate that show, but c’mon, grow up and realize not all of us want to be spammed online on this stuff. Some fan are actually making me hate this show. Knock it off PlEASE.

Comment by Neal – March 24, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita Nikita!!!! ;)

Comment by Marisa – March 24, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FFRINGE NEEDS TO SURVIVE It is the purest, clean loving, fun, imaginative, scientific, frightening, amazing show on the Universes. I AGREE WITH JESSUP, IF FRINGE DIES, I DIE. PLEASE LET US HAVE OUR FRINGE SCIENE TEAM FOREVER. I WANT TO GROW OLD WITH THEM NOT DIE YOUNG. I BEG YOU!!!!

Comment by AgentFarnsworth – March 24, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by AgentFarnsworth – March 24, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nikita, but not nearly as much as I love Fringe.

Comment by Annie – March 24, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There may be more than one of everything. Except Fringe. There is only 1 Fringe. Season 4 is on Fox’s vagenda.

Comment by Lola Howle – March 24, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe all the way. Please renew…I love that show!

Comment by cecilia – March 24, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and dollhouse (i agree with u victor lol)

Comment by moses rios – March 24, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is the only show I watch. The only time my tv is on is for Fringe, please don’t take that away from me.
    Fringe! SAVE FRINGE! HOW CAN IT EVEN BE IN DANGER? IT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST SHOW EVER. FRINGE BABY FRINGE

Comment by Christina – March 24, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dollhouse (i agree with u victor lol)

Comment by moses – March 24, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE is amazing but in the last season is so boring!!! The show needs romance, kisses and more action!!! … But NIKITA is all… ROMANCE, WEAPONS, ASSASINS, FIGHTS… and MAGGIE Q + SHANE WEST= DELICIOUS!!!!

Comment by Claudia – March 24, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have we been watching the same show? This was the season that made romance a forefront!
      Fringe, hands down. I’ve been considering watching NIkita, but I’m a little ticked at Shane West calling Fringe a mediocre show. Unprofessional. Nikita will have to wait.

Comment by Sasha – March 24, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita <3

Comment by Helene – March 24, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAVE FRINGE SAVE FRINGE WE NEED FRINGE to those mean people don’t say mean things about our aeesome show. You obviously never watched it
    GOD, IF YOU ARE LISTENING Please save Fringe *sobs uncontrolably*

Comment by Chris – March 24, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita. and why? if you need to ask that, then you seriously have to watch it. :)

duh fringe is gonna survive whether it wins this poll or not.
    nikita, although we all know how awesome it is, seems to be hanging on the balance thanks to an unstable network with an unpopular reputation.

just tryin’ to support this awesome show that should be given a REAL chance!
    GO NIKITA!

Comment by sela – March 24, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch both shows and I enjoy them both, but I’m voting for Fringe. Nikita is great, but Fringe is my favorite. I think the writing is superior and the actors, especially John Noble and Anna Torv, are amazing.

Comment by Cynthia – March 24, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe awesome!!11
    nikita?? hahaha MEDIOCRE!

Comment by sandrosfc – March 24, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita.

Comment by Briana – March 24, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NikitaaAa

Comment by Mah – March 24, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen Fringe, but it’s obviously going to win. It’s on a much larger network and has a lot more recognition and fans. But I’m voting for Nikita.

Comment by Danny – March 24, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE.

Comment by Aaron B – March 24, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love nikita!!!!

Comment by Ana – March 24, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t fall into Nikita’s Vagenda! FRINGE for the win!!!

Comment by katie – March 24, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO at “vagenda”. FRINGE ALL THE WAY! DONT LET NIKITA’S VAGENDA BEGUILE YOU. BE DUNHAMMED INSTEAD!

Comment by will – March 24, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m chosing Nikita because it doesn’t star either Anna Torv or John Noble.

Comment by Anna – March 24, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA FTW!!!

Comment by MiKita – March 24, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA, NIKITA, NIKITA!!!! Nikita ALL THE WAY!!! come on people lets get real here,NIKITA!

Comment by Jocelyn J – March 24, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita nikita nikita!!!

Comment by katerina – March 24, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA. I’ve never seen fringe.

Comment by emma – March 24, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fringe rules

Comment by serguio – March 24, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Nikita well, but my vote goes to Fringe, all the way.

Comment by Amy – March 24, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is not even a question! FRINGE ALL THE WAY. Best tv show on tv. Should stay on forever.

Comment by Sara – March 24, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, how immature are those people voting for fringe to have to badmouth Nikita?

reading all these posts, ppl voting for nikita actually do respect and acknowledge that fringe is a good show, but they do vote for nikita cos they love it and they’re here to show support. there’s no need to get nasty if you’re just gonna show appreciation for your fave show.

some people better represent their fandom with more class.

love Nikita and its classy Fandom. Nikita FTW.

Comment by sandy – March 24, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Shane’s West’s tweets are helping Fringe fans being polite.

Comment by Sasha – March 24, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO NIKITA!!! Fringe my ass!! low lives who are insulting Nikita just to get Fringe to win -.- like really ?? Shane West is right! Fringe is a mediocre show.

Comment by Kat – March 24, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA
    NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA
    NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA
    NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA
    NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA
    PLEAAAAAAEEEESSSSSEE

Does the renewal of the show depend on the results this poll?! It doesn’t, right?!?

Comment by oolalai – March 24, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGE HANDS DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWN !!!!!!!!
    NO OTHER STUPID THING!
    FRINGE ALL THE WAY

FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGE HANDS DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWN !!!!!!!!
    NO OTHER STUPID THING!
    FRINGE ALL THE WAY

FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGE HANDS DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWN !!!!!!!!
    NO OTHER STUPID THING!
    FRINGE ALL THE WAY

Comment by Hell – March 24, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never even heard of Nikita?

Comment by Justin – March 24, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE !

where else can you find a Genius crazy walter bishop and a smart crazy peter bishop and a serious dunhamed olivia dunham ????? ha ? ha ?

Shane West ??!!! mediocre ! haha nothing compared to JOSH JACKSON
    sorry fans

Comment by Shine – March 24, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA EVER!!! ;)

Comment by shei – March 24, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE!!!!
    Olivia would totally burn Nikita with her mind!!

Comment by Amy – March 24, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post