Fringe Battles Nikita: Only One Can Make the 'Renew Our Show!' Finals

One features brainy characters whose doppelgängers live in an alternate universe. The other features sexy sleuths leading double lives. But both Fox’s Fringe and the CW’s Nikita have one important thing in common: They’re in the semifinals of TVLine.com’s first annual ‘Renew Our Show!’ Bracket Tournament, and only one will survive into Monday’s final showdown.

To make the final four, Fringe had to erase Outsourced and V, while Nikita assassinated The Event then pulled off a close upset over No. 3 seed One Tree Hill in the opening two rounds of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Monday at 1 p.m. ET, you’ll be able to vote for the ultimate “Renew Our Show!” Champion — where the winner of this battle will be up against the winner of Chuck Vs. Parenthood. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But now, you’ve got a tough choice to make — either Fringe or Nikita. Polls will be open for 48 hours, and once you’re done, feel free to hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. And now the time has come for you to vote like you mean it!

Comments (532)

• i think this is a unfair poll, since both shows AREN’T alike at all. and both deserves to be renewed. i’m picking fringe since nikita it’s almost right to be renew ;)

Comment by nathy – March 24, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe for the win……….. Plus it’s filmed here in Vancouver and I love spotting them filming on the streets…

Comment by Drewgo – March 24, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love them both, but if i have to choose…. FRINGE ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Comment by brown betty – March 24, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow i knew from the beginning that it would be Chuck and Fringe at the Finals!!! but i voted for Nikita cuz it is awesome!!!

Comment by asdfsaf – March 24, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have nothing against Nikita. In fact, I plan on watching it someday so I hope both shows survive cancellation. However, since Fringe is the only show that I do watch between the two: FRINGE ALL THE WAY. Tune in LIVE! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137291516340511

Comment by Sam Weiss – March 24, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this is so not fair, I adore both of these shows for very different reasons. I voted for Nikita as it’s only in its first season, but I love them both! Looks like Nikita needed the support, though.

But then again, I don’t have any concerns about Nikita not getting another season, while I do worry about Fringe. *crosses fingers we get them both back*

Comment by Natasha – March 24, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita, of course

Comment by Eliza – March 24, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OF course FRINGE!!! Fringe NEEDS to be renewed, it’s the best show on TV currently!!!!
    It’s going to be hard to pick between Chuck and Fringe if that’s the final, but we’ll leave that for later…

PLEASE RENEW FRINGE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Maru – March 24, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe all the way, I have never watched Nikita so I won’t trash it. I just love fringe!!

Comment by Annie – March 24, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is posts just forum-shouting out the name “NIKITA” contributing to anything? Seriously, is there a bunch of 10 year olds posting on this board? Came here to here the pros and cons of both shows, but instead I’m seeing post after post most a minute between each other which means one person is spamming just useless Nikita shout outs rather than explaining why I should watch this show. Or maybe the shout outs rather than opinions just convinced me I shouldn’t……

Comment by Jessica – March 24, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita!!!

Comment by Jarrod – March 24, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita makes more sense.

Comment by Dan Feddern – March 24, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like both. and nikita is most likely already renewed.

FRINGE NEEDS TO LIVE. its one of the like 3 shows that are good on television now adays.

Comment by Colormytv – March 24, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita 100% I have never seen or heard of Fringe(is that correct??) but I do watch Nikita. And I shall vote for it, because truly a spy-action-killer-thirller is a quadrople punch, and in my opinion what sane teenage girl wouldnt want to see Shane West on the once alonst every week? Unless you haven’t heard of him, guessing the percentage is small. Just saying, so yes I am voting for Nikita ALL THE WAY (episode 1.09)

Comment by Raichy95 – March 24, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha Nikita fans you rock! OTH fans maybe in another poll yeah? Nikita takes the cake definitely!

Comment by Zara – March 24, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita off course!!!!!!

Comment by Anne – March 24, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita All Da Way. Its awesome ;-)

Comment by Thasleema x – March 24, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is the best tv show that’s ever been made!!! Love it♥

Comment by Tiril – March 24, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE FRINGE and like NIkita.

I’m sure CW will renew Nikita, we are just waiting for FOX to renew the best sci-fi show on all universes.

So FRINGE FTW!

Comment by Insider – March 24, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A hard match up… going with FRINGE. Shane’s tweet about Fringe made it easier to choose.

Comment by mia – March 24, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate 2 C anyone go, but have 2 vote 4 Nikita!!!

Comment by Diana – March 24, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE, FRINGE, FRINGE!!!!!! :D

Comment by Josh – March 24, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching both these shows, but there is no contest in my mind. It’s Fringe all the way. A show I’ve just recently fallen madly in love with (I resisted for so long, knowing it would take up my soul onc eI sat down and gave it a go). It’s grand and complicated and well, it fills you up somehow. While Nikita is a good romp with Maggiw Q rocking those leggings it just doesn’t measure up to the storytelling quality of Fringe. Or the scope of Fringe for that matter. But it is quite hard to compare anything to a show juggling two universes successfully when it comes to scope, isn’t it?

Comment by Pocki – March 24, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA

Comment by Tim – March 24, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really, really want BOTH Fringe and Nikita renewed.

Comment by truthmaw – March 24, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita. Nuff said :D

Comment by Katy – March 24, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita

Comment by whatever – March 24, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita……..please

Comment by Jill – March 24, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita 100%

Comment by arjun99 – March 24, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • N I K I T A ^____^ I <3 that show so much!!!!!

Comment by Sally – March 24, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is the best!

Comment by nanda – March 24, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita

Comment by anonymous – March 24, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    nikita
    nikita

Comment by breeze9 – March 24, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE! Nikita is total crap, fringe is the best most well-written show on TV!

Comment by ana muller – March 24, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA ALL THE WAY!!!!!! BEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!! NIKITA FWT<3<3<3<3 ^____^

Comment by Ted – March 24, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Nikita (I love that show), and though I have never really watched Fringe, I know people who do, and they say it’s brilliant. Personally, I think both should be renewed, but let’s be realistic here:

Fringe (according fans) is a well-written, well acted, unique, amazing show. It’s a Sci-fi, and it’s on Fox on Friday of all days.

It’s going to get cancelled. Fox has a reputation of cancelling amazing shows. *cough* Firefly & Wonderfalls *cough*

Comment by Lo – March 24, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shows what you know. Fringe was renewed yesterday.

Comment by A – March 25, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry Nikita but sex appeal only gets you so far. Fringe is by far the better show and it will kick ass

Comment by Dirge Crowley – March 24, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is AMAZING just the plot and story line. Plus awesome actors:) NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA x]

Comment by Jerry – March 24, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita!!! Fringe is a very interesting show, no doubt, but Nikita is AMAZING. Great writing, great acting, great camera work… Each episode ends with you begging for more :D This show is a find– It’s underrated: Not enough people have given it a chance to dig into its story… But when/if you do, it’s good stuff people! Check it out ;)

Comment by Tia – March 24, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fringe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FRINGE

Comment by caroline – March 24, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita!!!!!!! It’s a way better show than fringe. If they don’t renew Nikita, I will just DIE. Nikita all the way :)

Comment by Nicolette – March 24, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Did I really just see Shane West call Fringe a “mediocre” show on Twitter? Shane West isn’t fit to lick John Noble’s shoes. What a twit.

Comment by Dan – March 24, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s just probably ticked that he wanted to be Peter Bishop, but the better man, Joshua Jackson, won the role.

Comment by Fringe – March 24, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • JOSH JACKSON IS TOOO MUCH BETTER AND HIS PERFORMANCE IS OUTSTANDING WOW !!!!!

YOU CAN SEE EVERY SINGLE EMOTION ONLY IN HIS EYES !!

ANYWAY FRINGE CAST IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Hell – March 24, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is best! Lets go fringies vote! #foxrenewfringe

Comment by marie – March 24, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe, hands down. It’s in its best season yet, and I don’t think any Fringe fans want to see it end really hurried.

Comment by allie – March 24, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita. end of discussion.

Comment by Salindaaa – March 24, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA!!!

Comment by whatever – March 24, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG NIKITA ALL THE WAY!!!!!
    IT HAS TO GET RENEWED!!
    I NEED MORE OF MIKITA!!! :-D

Comment by heather – March 24, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew Nikita !!! The show is doing great so far! The Vampire Diaries and Nikita are the BEST shows on tv. Anyone agree :)

Comment by Elaine – March 24, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is superior.

Comment by Riley – March 24, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe Nikita is losing!!!! I am going to vote AGAINST Fringe in the last round! Chuck FTW!!!!

Comment by Kelly – March 24, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post