Fringe Battles Nikita: Only One Can Make the 'Renew Our Show!' Finals

One features brainy characters whose doppelgängers live in an alternate universe. The other features sexy sleuths leading double lives. But both Fox’s Fringe and the CW’s Nikita have one important thing in common: They’re in the semifinals of TVLine.com’s first annual ‘Renew Our Show!’ Bracket Tournament, and only one will survive into Monday’s final showdown.

To make the final four, Fringe had to erase Outsourced and V, while Nikita assassinated The Event then pulled off a close upset over No. 3 seed One Tree Hill in the opening two rounds of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Monday at 1 p.m. ET, you’ll be able to vote for the ultimate “Renew Our Show!” Champion — where the winner of this battle will be up against the winner of Chuck Vs. Parenthood. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But now, you’ve got a tough choice to make — either Fringe or Nikita. Polls will be open for 48 hours, and once you’re done, feel free to hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. And now the time has come for you to vote like you mean it!

Comments (532)

• Again, had to choose…

Nikita is really great but… my heart goes always to FRINGE!!!

We need a 4th season!!!!… but it’s up to us…

AMERICA PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO WATCH FRINGE IN LIVE ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!

Comment by Caroline – March 24, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita’s not in danger of cancelation and I voted for it because I’ve never seen Fringe. I’m waiting to get the DVD’s or watch it on Netflix. Right now, Fringe is in more danger.

Comment by A – March 24, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe all the way of course!

Comment by Dale – March 24, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gooooo….. NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA!

NIKITA vs. CHUCK in the final…. wow, that’ll be hard!

Comment by Sheldon – March 24, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe.

Comment by Jen – March 24, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This raises an even more important question: Who would win in a fight between Olivia and Nikita??

Comment by claire – March 24, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikita. Hands down.

Comment by Sabrina Shaw – March 24, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Olivia could set her on fire with her mind, or send her to another reality.

Comment by Aimee – March 24, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is SUCH an amazing show. Its too young to give up on it yet! The CW needs to give it a chance to let its fanbase grow.

NIKITA

Comment by Kate – March 24, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA BEST SHOW EVER!!!

Comment by Daphne – March 24, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t beat me up Maggie Q, but my heart will always lie with Gene Lincoln Lee Team Dunham.

Comment by Elizabeth – March 24, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe, Nikita belongs in the Alternate Universe!

Comment by rtmtluvfringe – March 24, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE IS THE BEST SHOW IN ANY UNIVERSE!!!

Comment by Lori – March 24, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is the winner, of course

best show on television

Comment by Darkside – March 24, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fringe

Comment by alex – March 24, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t Fringe and Nikita just shake hands and call it a draw? And we all walk away from the tourney happier and better entertained?

Comment by Deion – March 24, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, difficult because I love both! And either of them going up against Chuck would be another heart-wrenching decision! Hopefully all the above get renewed (*fingers crossed*). Just for the poll, though, gotta go Nikita, the underdog, even if it is futile.

Comment by CEB – March 24, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck vs. Fringe in the finals…..I totally love both shows, but since this is “for renewal” and Fringe is MUCH closer to being safe, I’ll prob vote Chuck in the finals

Comment by Breck – March 24, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe definitely! Go Fringe always! :)

Comment by Becks – March 24, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE…It is a simply amazing show with all the heart in the world. The one fault I can find is the ongoing “Bolivia/Fauxlivia” nonsense, but I’m hoping that whole thing will quickly end. Outside of that, Fringe is a joy to watch. The show is the little engine that could. It has moved from Tues, to Wed, and now to Fridays and the fans still follow it. I know i have. It’s been a pleasure watching a show where the writers continually try to surprise the fans, the actors are excited and supportive of the show and the fans are so loyal. Thanks to Fringe, my Friday social life is now over. Small price to pay to support the show though. Long live Fringe!

Comment by Jamie – March 24, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA NIKITA NIKITA ROCKSSS
    I personally don’t like fringe and if Nikita doesn’t gets renewed I will literally get depressed

Comment by Martina – March 24, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE GO FRINGE

Comment by Valentina – March 24, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love fringe

Comment by maria – March 24, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never seen Nikita and I dont know anyone who is a fan of the show so I can’t say if it sucks. But when you compare any show on TV today with Fringe they lose!!

This should not even be a contest in my opinion this season of Fringe is super slow and uneventful but I love this show!

Comment by Vida – March 24, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like it’s gonna be Fringe Vs. Chuck next. That’s gonna be one tough fight since they are two of the best shows on TV, but my love for Fringe knows no bounds, so I know to where my vote will go. For now though, ROCK ON FRINGE. The show amazes me every week :)

Comment by Nallie – March 24, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM IN LOVE WITH BOTH SHOWS!!! But Nikita is sure to be renewed, while Fringe needs all the support it could get! I VOTE FRINGE!!

Comment by Sami – March 24, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE FTW <3

Comment by Elin – March 24, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this is just a poll, but it’s a popular website and I really hope FOX sees how popular Fringe is!! It keeps winning on this bracket with the largest percentages. Fringe fans are obsessed with this show, and comments on this site make that very clear. I haven’t loved a TV show this much since Lost, and I hope it lasts more than 3 measly seasons, especially considering the writers have had plans for the next 2-3 seasons since the very beginning! John Noble, Anna Torv, Josh Jackson, Lance Reddick, and Jasika Nicole are immensely talented and deserve the chance to make even more magic with the excellent stories the writers construct. Please, FOX, renew Fringe!!

Comment by Walternate – March 24, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s cruel Slezak!!! I love both shows but had to choose Fringe.

Comment by Jeremy – March 24, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Adam – March 24, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita!! Fringe went to the abyss. You cannot just turn it on and watch it. If you have not followed the story line; it is impossible.

Comment by MGL – March 24, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahhhh !!! it looks like it will be Chuck Vs. Fringe…….two of the three shows i watch….. AHHHH what will i choose next round!!!

Comment by christa – March 24, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gee. Let me think.

- Fringe: One of the best shows on telly.

- Nikita: Yet another re-make/image.

FRINGE for the win. (In any dimension/universe).

Comment by W0NK042 – March 24, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • frige, all there is and all there will ever be fringe!!!

Comment by mentalist – March 24, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only one answer: FRINGE!!!!

Comment by Thom – March 24, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me?! Hands down… NIKITA! Hello?

Comment by Lu – March 24, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No contest. “Fringe”, baby!

Comment by Carrie – March 24, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe! How could you not want to see more of Anna Torv channeling Leonard Nimoy? It’s both surreal and impossible to turn away from!
    Besides, Nikita is going to get renewed. CW shows get away with low ratings without being in danger if they are consistent. Fringe needs the show of support! It’s on FOX.

Comment by alice – March 24, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? That’s just mean, putting these two against each other, since they are nothing alike (though, if it was either Nikita or Fringe against Bones, I’d go for the former, and that’s painful to say as a long time Bones fan…I’m just kind of over it, even though I still watch).

Therefore I will not choose, and nothing in this ‘verse or the Other can make me choose.

P.S. Besides, what does else does CW have to replace Smallville with?

Comment by blackraven – March 24, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe.

Comment by Mike – March 24, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA

Comment by PK – March 24, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA is the best… it deserves a chance

Comment by Elliw – March 24, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO NIKITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ellie – March 24, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is so sad to vote, but nikita has great chances to be renew, so fringe ftw

Comment by nathalia – March 24, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Q is hotter than Ana Torv but FRINGE is a way better show.

Comment by Bufford T. Justice II – March 24, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita TONIGHT at 9 PM on the CW
    VOTE FOR NIKITA
    NIKITA
    NIKITA
    NIKITA
    NIKITA
    It’s so amazing I can’t miss a second of it. You’ll love it!

Comment by Kelsey – March 24, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe grew so much this year, it needs another chance next season !(2nd best show this year after Chuck).

Comment by claire – March 24, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow..I’m glad Fringe is doing so well in this poll. It proves that the fans love it and stand by it. I’ve never missed an episode, bought both seasons DVDs so far. Love this show. I want it to survive and will continue to support it. Fringe fans-you rock with all your support. No pimping or having to shove it down people’s throats via Twitter. This show stands on the strength of great writing and well developed characters. I hope it returns next season/

Comment by Paula – March 24, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe all the way! Love that show!!!

Comment by Clarinda Robertson – March 24, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA!!!!! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!

Comment by Jared – March 24, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA, NIKITA,NIKITA!!!! come on people Nikita ALL THE WAY!!! <3 <3 (i should also say…GO MIKITA!!)

Comment by Jocelyn – March 24, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post