Breaking: Fox Renews Fringe for Season 4!

In any universe, this is the Best. News. Ever:  Fringe has been renewed!

A Fox spokesperson confirms to TVLine that the acclaimed (yet ratings-challenged) drama will return for a fourth season next fall — and a full season (22 episodes!) at that.

The news was announced on Twitter this evening by executive producer J.H. Wyman. “Fringe was picked up,” he wrote. “Thanks Fringedom!”

The pickup comes despite last Friday’s episode hitting a series low 3.85 million viewers. Fox, however, points out that the show still ranks as Friday’s No. 1 series among adults 18-49 and, creatively speaking, it’s never been better.

Fringe has truly hit a creative stride and has distinguished itself as one of television’s most original programs,” raves Fox president Kevin Reilly. “The series’ ingenious producers, amazingly talented cast and crew, as well as some of the most passionate and loyal fans on the planet, made this fourth-season pickup possible. When we moved the show to Fridays, we asked the fans to follow and they did. We’re thrilled to bring it back for another full season and keep it part of the Fox family.”

“This early pickup comes at a perfect time as we start production on the Season Three finale,” added Fringe showrunners Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman. “We join the cast and crew in thanking our loyal fans and Fox for allowing us to have this much fun telling stories we love.”

And with that, TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

Get the party started in the comments section! And while your at it, with Fringe out of harm’s way, how about throwing Nikita some support in our “Renew Our Show” Bracket Tourney? It’s the right thing to do people.

1. Fringe Viewer says:

Fringe. I’ve liked it from the beginning .. but

It’s ruined, lately, but the sound effects and ‘music’ which only distracts and irritates the viewers here where I live.

The sounds of dissonant horns irritates when it’s played 5 times for 30 seconds, each time, in 42 minutes of video.

Add 2 or 3 violins skewing up scale in non-harmonious tones and you’ve made me ill.

Listen: To me the show is interesting. And the sounds detract from my own feelings about the interests I have about the story.

Plus they’re getting old..recycled ‘Lost’ sounds

Make me happy. Drop some sounds and tell the story with the actors who are some of the more valuable ones on TV.
    I like them so don’t ruin their sandbox with sound.

2. monique- the Netherlands says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
    A scream of happiness from the Netherlands!!!
    True Blood: yessss another season and now Fringe!!!!!
    Best news ever!!!

3. zombie says:

Weeeeeeee…. great news :)

4. Sean says:

I was so happy to hear this! This show is amazing each episode continues to blow me away I started following this show petty late like this season. Even though I started watching it late Ive recently got the dvds and can see why people are so dedicated

5. Mali says:

This is amazing news. I was so worried about Fringe since it moved to Fridays, but I get another season!! This is fantastic!!

6. Wayne says:

Michael,

Are you going to publish a renewal scorecard for the cable stations and shows as you have done in the past?

7. Louise says:

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! I feel like I’ve won a sweepstakes!!! Let’s hope for another season after this new one.

8. Scott Kuncewicz says:

Thanks!!!!!!!! Are you moving it back to mid week somewhere??? Either way I’m there!!

9. valter says:

Best show ever! can’t wait to watch next season, i just wish it didn’t take so long to come back.

10. Varun says:

Yay!! 22 more opportunities to see Olivia again. :)
    We in India are also crazzzy about this Australian.

11. kamivh1 says:

thank you!!!
    great news! i was worried too!

12. Stan says:

Awesome news !!
    I must admit, when Fringe first premiered, I thought “Lame X-Files ripoff” and never watched it again. And then I happened to turn it on halfway thru the season 2 finale, where Olivia had the dark hair! MAN was I hooked ! I don’t like blondes and here was Anna Torv with dark hair. What a turn on! So I bought all of S1 AND S2 just to catch up, you know, and now I’m a fan. This is a great show with great writing, and though I love Olivia with dark hair, she is still absolutely beautiful as a blonde and a great actress too! Thanks for winning me over!