Ratings: CBS Dramas Sweep Glee-free Tuesday

With Glee on a spring break, the Eye came away with twofold bragging rights this Tuesday, as its 1-2-3 punch of dramas won their respective time slots in not just total audience but also in the coveted 18-49 demo.

NCIS kicked off CBS’ winning night with an audience of 19.1 million total viewers and a 3.8 demo rating, on par with its previous fresh outing versus stronger competition. NCIS: LA led out of that with 16.5 million viewers and a 3.2, registering a gain in viewers and matching its previous demos.

The Good Wife then closed the night with an audience of 11.62 mil, up 3 percent from its last outing, which faced considerably stronger competition — a fresh Parenthood and 20/20‘s well-watched Charlie Sheen special, costarring TVLine. TGW‘s 2.1 demo rating, though, was down a bit.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Glee and More!

Elsewhere this Tuesday:

* Another beneficiary of Glee playing hooky, ABC bubble show No Ordinary Family enjoyed a 23 percent surge in both viewers (5.3 million) and in the demo (still, a distant fourth-place 1.5). Too little, too late? (REMINDER: Season 1’s penultimate episode airs Saturday at 10/9c.)

* Averaging 8.2 million viewers and a 2.7, The Biggest Loser showed little week-to-week movement.

* ABC’s Best In Film thingamajig averaged 7.1 million viewers and a 1.7 rating.

What were you tuned into this Tuesday?

1. Nate Luo says:

People need to start tuning into the Good Wife. A smart and entertaining show.

2. Alexandre Leal says:

Totally agreed.

3. xav says:

The Good Wife was amazing last night. Still have no idea why Tv By the Numbers keeps insisting it’s getting cancelled. CBS would be morons to cancel it.

• Kathryn says:

Indeed! Did you catch their not so subtle jab at the other entertainment websites that don’t believe The Good Wife will be cancelled, much less on the bubble?

• Scott says:

Their renew/cancel index would have no reason to exist unless a lot of shows were at least on the bubble. So, other sites are a threat to their site’s existence. Lol! As for The Good Wife, I think their reasoning is that CBS is going to cancel a certain number of hours of programming and therefore all the shows we think are safe cannot be.

4. Sally says:

Parenthood wasn’t a repeat last night?

5. Sally says:

Oh and I think The Good Wife’s prelims were 2.1 in demos, not 2.5?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Thanks for the catch, Sally — yes, THE GOOD WIFE was at 2.1. And perhaps you misread, I said that LAST time around, TGW was up against a fresh PARENTHOOD.

• Sally says:

Ah, indeed I did misread. Thanks!

And I just want to add: last night’s episode of TGW was amazing!

• Marie says:

Matt, Parenthood was a repeat last night! This first aired back in January I think. Haddie’s parents just informed her she could not see Alex anymore. So it is a repeat!!!!

6. Lisa says:

7. Lisa says:

Update: No Ordinary Family – This show much improved as the season progressed. I love the actors and the characters they play. The family has good rapport. With any show that is looking to the long haul, it took some time to acquire depth. I am glad I stuck with it and I look forward to watching each week. I love Julie Benz. Lucy Lawless is an awesome addition. I very much hope No Ordinary Family returns for a second season.

8. joey jones says:

I have been a fan of Good Wife — not anymore. I don’t want to hear the sob story of illegal aliens who broke our laws. You are going to lose many viewers.