Fall TV Preview

Pilot News: Eliza Dushku Teams with Damon Wayans on CBS Sports Comedy

Dollhouse knockout Eliza Dushku is getting imprinted with a new personality: sitcom star.

The actress has been cast alongside Damon Wayans in CBS’ untitled sports radio-themed comedy pilot.

Inspired by ESPN personality Colin Cowherd’s outspoken sports talk show The Herd, the project centers on a radio host (Wayans) with a quick wit and cocky likability who is adored by his fans. Dushku will play his on-air sidekick Casey.

In a celebratory post on her Facebook page, Dushku confirmed the news and referred to Wayans as “her comic idol.”

Comments (8)

• So it seems like Eliza Dushku will be taking the Michelle Beadle role (even though Beadle is only Cowherd’s cohost on SportsNation)

Comment by Tausif Khan – March 23, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Eliza Dushku again! I adored her on Buffy and in Dollhouse and to see her every week on the small screen is gonna be a BLAST :)I’m hoping she gets to use her badass fighting skills on this new show ‘crossing fingers’

Comment by QMAN – March 23, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a Wayans fan, but I’ll give it a watch for Eliza.

Comment by XK – March 23, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never saw Buffy or Dollhouse, but I liked her a lot in Bring It On, which was tonally a lot closer to this. I also like Damon Wayans (though his last sitcom sucked). Unfortunately, I can’t stand Colin Cowpat, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why anyone would concoct a sitcom about him. I do think sports talk radio is a fertile field for comedy, but the kind of thing I envision wouldn’t center on a unpleasant blowhard like him. He’d be the bad guy and the butt of jokes.

Comment by Tego Livi – March 24, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Eliza Dushku, but I’m not sure she can do comedy. She was terrible in her guest stint on The Big Bang Theory. But I like her well enough that I’ll tune in and give the show a chance, when I probably wouldn’t have otherwise.

Comment by Bella – March 24, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this has FAIL written all over it. :(

Comment by Liz – March 24, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love TV, love sports… However, this could be the best new show on television and I probably wouldn’t watch out of spite toward Cowherd, easily my least favorite sports radio personality. The pilot deal became public within weeks of Cowherd’s most noteworthy contributions to his medium – a pair of wildly ignorant, seemingly racially prejudiced rants against John Wall that caused a lot of stir, all negative.

Comment by KR – March 24, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sitcom is a 2-syllable word meaning “I’m not going to watch it”

Comment by Page 48 – March 25, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post