Pilot News: Eliza Dushku Teams with Damon Wayans on CBS Sports Comedy

Dollhouse knockout Eliza Dushku is getting imprinted with a new personality: sitcom star.

The actress has been cast alongside Damon Wayans in CBS’ untitled sports radio-themed comedy pilot.

Inspired by ESPN personality Colin Cowherd’s outspoken sports talk show The Herd, the project centers on a radio host (Wayans) with a quick wit and cocky likability who is adored by his fans. Dushku will play his on-air sidekick Casey.

In a celebratory post on her Facebook page, Dushku confirmed the news and referred to Wayans as “her comic idol.”

1. Tausif Khan says:

So it seems like Eliza Dushku will be taking the Michelle Beadle role (even though Beadle is only Cowherd’s cohost on SportsNation)

2. QMAN says:

I can’t wait to see Eliza Dushku again! I adored her on Buffy and in Dollhouse and to see her every week on the small screen is gonna be a BLAST :)I’m hoping she gets to use her badass fighting skills on this new show ‘crossing fingers’

3. XK says:

Not a Wayans fan, but I’ll give it a watch for Eliza.

4. Tego Livi says:

I never saw Buffy or Dollhouse, but I liked her a lot in Bring It On, which was tonally a lot closer to this. I also like Damon Wayans (though his last sitcom sucked). Unfortunately, I can’t stand Colin Cowpat, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why anyone would concoct a sitcom about him. I do think sports talk radio is a fertile field for comedy, but the kind of thing I envision wouldn’t center on a unpleasant blowhard like him. He’d be the bad guy and the butt of jokes.

5. Bella says:

I really like Eliza Dushku, but I’m not sure she can do comedy. She was terrible in her guest stint on The Big Bang Theory. But I like her well enough that I’ll tune in and give the show a chance, when I probably wouldn’t have otherwise.

6. Liz says:

this has FAIL written all over it. :(

7. KR says:

Love TV, love sports… However, this could be the best new show on television and I probably wouldn’t watch out of spite toward Cowherd, easily my least favorite sports radio personality. The pilot deal became public within weeks of Cowherd’s most noteworthy contributions to his medium – a pair of wildly ignorant, seemingly racially prejudiced rants against John Wall that caused a lot of stir, all negative.

8. Page 48 says:

Sitcom is a 2-syllable word meaning “I’m not going to watch it”