Chuck Vs. Parenthood: Vote Now as the 'Renew Our Show!' Semifinals Begin

The ‘Renew Our Show!’ Bracket Tournament Semifinals are upon us, and we’re looking at a full-fledged Scarecrow and Mrs. King situation, with a network of stealthy spies crashing up against a nice suburban family. Or to put it another way, it’s Chuck vs. Parenthood, and only one of NBC’s beloved-but-not-yet-renewed dramas can take a coveted spot in our finals.

To make the final four, Chuck had to vanquish Human Target and Lie to Me, while Parenthood bumped off The Defenders and Brothers & Sisters in the opening two rounds of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Tomorrow at 1 p.m. ET, you’ll be able to vote in our second ‘Renew Our Show!’ semifinals; on Friday, we’ll have a day of rest; and then on Monday, you can come to TVLine.com to vote for the ultimate “Renew Our Show!” Champion. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But now, you’ve got to put yourself in the shoes of an NBC exec, and choose your most valuable on-the-bubble player: a sexy spy thriller or a nuanced family dramedy. Polls will be open for 48 hours, and once you’re done, feel free to hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

1. Karen says:

Love love love Parenthood…stuff on this show is so true to life.

• Aunt Paige says:

I LIVE true life. I watch TV to get away from it!

Sounds like you live Parenthood daily, so I’d think you wouldn’t need to watch it for entertainment too.

RENEW Chuck! Please!

2. Laurel says:

BOTH !
    I’m not picking a favorite.
    They should BOTH be renewed.

3. Parenthood Fan says:

PARENTHOOD! This season it has become one of the best, most moving dramas on television. No question about this decision.

CHUCK used to be great but has kind of run its course.

• Jacob says:

Agreed. Chuck feels like it’s running on fumes lately, pulling storylines from other (and better) spy shows from TV’s past. I used to love it, but I can’t even stomach an hour anymore.
      Parenthood on the other hand has so much life left in it, killing it now would be to kill one of TVs greatest family dramas in the last 20 years.

• Matt says:

Totally agree. I am a HUGE fan of Chuck and remain loyal to the show, but I think that it’s gone on longer than even the creators anticipated, and there’s just not enough left in the concept to do another whole season.

Parenthood, on the other hand, seems to just be hitting its stride – their writing (and liberal on-set improv, as I hear) is wonderfully real, and the cast is really phenomenal across the board.

• LaurenGrahamx3 says:

I agre, I mean Chuck has been around for quite a few years. And I mean you don’t really hear about it anymore. I watch Fox8 and I like NEVER see adds about it. I also have a brother who is obsessed with that channel who is older then me. And I asked him about it and he said what’s Chuck ?! Until I showed hima pic of it he was like ohh that? He didn’t even remember or care about it! what does that tell you ?

Parenthood is only just beginning and I think Chcuk should move over for it. Parenthood needs a chance. It deals with real life dramas. And so many people are saying how much it’s actually helped them. PARENTHODO !!!

• Emtifah says:

I’m hoping for one more season to close everything out. Get Chuck and Sarah married and established. Also – I’m intrigued about this Agent X thing that Ellie is now getting roped into. And if it gets a fifth season, then the show will be able to reach the number of episodes it needs for syndication.

4. R says:

Ah, two of my three favorites! I love both so much, but I have to go with CHUCK because I think PARENTHOOD is more likely to get renewed….

5. Alex says:

Love both…but gotta go with Parenthood!

6. Mike says:

Seriously…it’s all about the CHUCK!

7. Shelby says:

Chuck!

8. Emily says:

Chuck all the way! Way more creative and since the ending is called Chuck vs. the Cliffhanger I better get to see what’s coming up!

• katie says:

Couldn’t agree more with you! I will go crazy if they end this season with a major cliffhanger and then they discover that they didn’t get renewed. So CHUCK all the way!

9. Xixi says:

PARENTHOOD! It has always been great but this season really delivered.. Can’t comment on Chuck (I don’t watch) so of course my vote goes to the Parenthood!

10. AJ says:

I love Chuck, but this season just has not been up to its earlier standards. Rather see it go out on a relative high and springboard its stars onto bigger things.

Meanwhile, Parenthood has just hired Steven Weber. That gets my vote.

11. This is a tough one, but I’ve been loyal to Chuck from the first episode!

12. Chau says:

Parenthood!!

13. Samantha D says:

Umm, let me think about it…CHUCK!!!

14. Tharcyla says:

I have never watched Parenthood, I guess it is probably a good show. But Chuck has won my heart a long time ago. CHUCK FTW!

15. Erin says:

If you have to cancel two of the semifinalist shows, cancel fringe and Nikita and keep Chuck and Parenthood! These are two of my favourite shows on TV!

16. The Pit says:

Chuck! It is easily the best show on TV. ’nuff said.

17. mandy says:

Parenthood!!!! Best show on TV. It’s funny, and dramatic and the cast seriously is the best cast on TV!

18. Evil. Making me choose between these two.

Ultimately my allegiances lie with Chuck, but if it comes down to Chuck vs. Fringe for the finals… I don’t know what I’ll do.

19. TheRiffRaff says:

Can I just say my bracket is perfect so far :) so lets get to that inevitable Chuck VS Fringe showdown that we’re all waiting for.

20. Izzie says:

Parenthood!!! Love loooove this show! This cast is insanely talented! And Lauren Graham is in it!!

21. Mike says:

Can we just skip to the Chuck v. Fringe finals already?

22. Alexandre says:

I think if NBC doesnt renew P’hood, they’re stupid.
    Not only because we love it and the show is great, but because it’s a pretty solid audience.

I mean, this show can compete head to head in the coveted demos with Good Wife – and that’s a pretty huge deal.
    They’re far away from the almost any other peacock dramas out there…

And i like(d?) Chuck, but don’t you guys think it’s time to let go?

23. flutiefan says:

i’m a ginormous fan of both. this is so hard! someone said above they thought Parenthood had a better chance of renewal. is that true? i thought they were both teetering on the edge.
    i think i have to vote Parenthood just because the writing is so much deeper. but it kills me to not click “Chuck”…

24. Matt says:

Chuck is sputtering out, Parenthood gets better and better. No contest, PARENTHOOD for the win!

25. Melanie says:

definitely both…

26. Darren says:

Chuck!!!

27. Jacqi says:

I don’t watch either one, but because my parents watch Parenthood I picked that one.

28. Caroline says:

PARENTHOOD for sure!

29. sunny says:

This is unfair! It’s like Sophie’s Choice. Love both these shows.

30. Jonathan says:

CHUCK for the WIN! There’s no other cast or show like it on the air and it deserves to stay on for another season. Parenthood can’t decide if it wants to be a comedy or a drama, and frankly, though talented, all the swallowing the actors do while getting emotional is too much for me. Chuck knows just how to balance comedy, action, and heart, and shows like that don’t come around often enough.

Chuck for the frakkin win, yo.

31. Hank N. says:

Love both and want them both renewed but if I have to pick one, it’s Parenthood.

32. nathy says:

Can we just skip to the Chuck v. Fringe finals already? [2]

33. David says:

Parenthood!

34. Chuck is better then Parenthood says:

Go Chuck, never even watched Parenthood and never will because I have liked Chuck since day 1, go CHUCK

35. L says:

Parenthood is too awesome to be cancelled, I like Chuck but Parenthood is much better and they have the better cast.
    So my vote goes to PARENTHOOD!

36. Becca says:

Two of my very fave shows! But I think I gotta go with Chuck, I’ve watched that from the very beginning :)

37. Adrienne says:

I’ve been hoping for a Fringe vs. Parenthood finale so I have to go with Parenthood.

38. C says:

there is only 1 thing better about parenthood than Chuck:

IT IS A MUCH MUCH BETTER SHOW WITH THE GREATEST CAST EVER!!

so, yeah I guess that should persuade me to vote for Parenthood..yes it did!!

39. Jeanne says:

Chuck!!!!!!and bring back Kevin Bacon ;-)

40. Melissa says:

Renew Chuck. Chuck is the only show on NBC that is still on the bubble.

Parenthood is already sure to be renewed anyway, and it is more heavily promoted than Chuck.

I vote for Chuck!

41. Linda says:

Parenthood.

42. sammy says:

SAVE CHUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

43. Saracen Riggins says:

While I love both, I think Parenthood has a ton of life left in it. It’s just barely getting going, whereas Chuck is close to running it’s course.

44. Melissa says:

Please renew Chuck! Chuck and Harry’s Law are the only shows on NBC on Monday night that are worth watching. The Event and the Law and order franchise don’t even hold a candle to these great shows!

45. Sophie says:

CHUCK ALL THE WAY!

46. Kary says:

Parenthood! It´s so fresh and has so many great storylines going on. Love the cast, love the characters.

47. Dauna says:

Chuck…still love it.

48. brandy says:

My two favorite shows?? Seriously, guys?

I’m only picking Chuck because I think Parenthood’s chances are a little bit better.

49. Tony says:

I used to like Chuck a lot, but now find myself losing interest. Not sure what changed, but I just can’t get excited about it this year. Parenthood, on the other hand, still pulls me in. I look forward to it every week and am sad when each episode is over. Parenthood gets my vote!

50. Eugene says:

The thing is Parenthood will be renewed soon enough. Chuck’s future is entirely up in the air. Chuck relies solely on its fans every year to get it renewed so I’m joining the movement to SAVE CHUCK!