Exclusive: Prison Breaker Chris Vance Shakes Up Rizzoli & Isles (But Mostly Rizzoli)

Prison Break‘s Chris Vance (Whistler!) has booked a major recurring role on TNT’s breakout hit Rizzoli & Isles, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The Brit — whose credits also include Showtime’s Dexter and Fox’s short-lived shrink procedural Mental — will play Sgt. Major Charles “Casey” Jones, an old flame of Rizzoli’s (Angie Harmon) who comes back into her life just as she’s struggling to recover from being shot and nearly killed in the line of duty.

Vance will debut in R&I‘s season 2 opener on July 11.

Comments (29)

• How how will her current love, Maura, deal with it? heehee

Comment by xav – March 23, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is the question now isn’t it? How will Maura feel about the competition?

Comment by zenobiadtc – March 23, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought, too!

Comment by Elizabeth – March 23, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! I thought I was the only one that got this “vibe.” Hilarious! Yeah, poor Maura! ;)

Comment by KBC – March 25, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever since I saw him on “Burn Notice” I can’t get enough! Now I’m even more excited for R&I to come back.

Comment by B – March 23, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris can shake me up anytime!

Comment by Anna – March 23, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yummers!

Comment by Dwight Supremacy – March 23, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isles needs more love interests. I’m getting tired of watching Rizzoli swoon over men

Comment by juli – March 23, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • getting tired of shows thinking they need to add love interests.

Comment by steve – March 23, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this guy! I’ve never watched Prison Break but I am a loyal Burn Notice and Dexter fan. He was great on both of those shows. And I recently saw him on Fairly Legal. I’m definitely looking forward to him being on R&I!

Comment by Elizabeth – March 23, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll be interesting to see how the influx of new male characters affects the second season. I liked the first one because it was about two strong female characters who’s lives weren’t based around men, but the balance will be totally re-calibrated with the new love interest, rival and the appearance of the brother. I have my doubts, but hopefully it’ll still be entertaining…

Comment by Rebeccapedia – March 23, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say bring back Lt Grant!!! Just sayin…… ;)

Comment by Nikki Henshaw – March 23, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree!!!

Comment by Erin – April 21, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Chris Vance Australian and not a Brit?

Comment by andrew – March 23, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope. Born in England.

Comment by Sue – March 24, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So what’s happened to FBI agent Gabriel Dean (who is the actual love interest/husband to Rizzoli in the books?)

Comment by Mykey716 – March 23, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly! I want them to get together soon.

Comment by Chatty – March 23, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHISTLER! I love that these Prison Break alums (Robert Knepper, Dom Purcell, Chris Vance) are coming back on TV.

Comment by melissa – March 23, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooooh. Where have you seen Dom Purcell?

Comment by Sue – March 24, 2011 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo Hoo…can’t wait for the season 2 to start. :D

Comment by Vannesa – March 23, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t this kinda spoilerish? In the final scene on the season finally they didn’t show if she got shot or the other guy right? Or am I mistaken? Anyway I agree this is gonna be a blow to Isiles lol

Comment by Neal – March 23, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thats what I kinda thought too, about the spoiler… Anyway. lol It will be interesting to see how it works out between them

Comment by Lindsey – March 23, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She shot threw herself into the bad guy.

Comment by Amy – April 5, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well Angie ROCKS in whatever she’s in, and I think some love tension will be good for her. He’s easy on the eyes, too, so I think it’s a win/win for everyone except Maura :-)

Comment by ycatsms – March 23, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • excellent. i was wondering when Chris Vance was going to pop up on something else. i just saw him on Fairly Legal and he totally stole it. he’s going to be big.

Comment by eviltwit – March 23, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that it stays in line somewhat w/ the books. I read them LONG before I saw the show and would love to see those stories get more indepth.

Comment by slumberpRtygrl – March 23, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you are referring to All Saints’ Chris Vance, But YAY!!! Love him, and love this show

Comment by Mel – March 23, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was unwilling to get my hopes up when the show first aired but almost immediately I fell in love with the dynamic that Harmon and Alexander brought to their characters. The idea of two female leads who were strong and confident and yet still women (you know what I mean) was refreshing. Not that I don’t understand the need to bring an old flame into the picture, after all revealing a characters past helps us to better understand them, but I hope it’s done tastefully. It would be unbecoming for us to watch Rizzoli become less than herself and if Isles gets left by the wayside then let’s face it we’ve taken the show back to high school!

Comment by Brandi – March 30, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post