Exclusive

Exclusive: Prison Breaker Chris Vance Shakes Up Rizzoli & Isles (But Mostly Rizzoli)

Prison Break‘s Chris Vance (Whistler!) has booked a major recurring role on TNT’s breakout hit Rizzoli & Isles, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The Brit — whose credits also include Showtime’s Dexter and Fox’s short-lived shrink procedural Mental — will play Sgt. Major Charles “Casey” Jones, an old flame of Rizzoli’s (Angie Harmon) who comes back into her life just as she’s struggling to recover from being shot and nearly killed in the line of duty.

Vance will debut in R&I‘s season 2 opener on July 11.

1. xav says:

How how will her current love, Maura, deal with it? heehee

2. B says:

Ever since I saw him on “Burn Notice” I can’t get enough! Now I’m even more excited for R&I to come back.

3. Anna says:

Chris can shake me up anytime!

4. juli says:

Isles needs more love interests. I’m getting tired of watching Rizzoli swoon over men

5. steve says:

getting tired of shows thinking they need to add love interests.

6. Elizabeth says:

I love this guy! I’ve never watched Prison Break but I am a loyal Burn Notice and Dexter fan. He was great on both of those shows. And I recently saw him on Fairly Legal. I’m definitely looking forward to him being on R&I!

7. Rebeccapedia says:

It’ll be interesting to see how the influx of new male characters affects the second season. I liked the first one because it was about two strong female characters who’s lives weren’t based around men, but the balance will be totally re-calibrated with the new love interest, rival and the appearance of the brother. I have my doubts, but hopefully it’ll still be entertaining…

8. Nikki Henshaw says:

I say bring back Lt Grant!!! Just sayin…… ;)

9. andrew says:

Isn’t Chris Vance Australian and not a Brit?

10. Mykey716 says:

So what’s happened to FBI agent Gabriel Dean (who is the actual love interest/husband to Rizzoli in the books?)

11. melissa says:

WHISTLER! I love that these Prison Break alums (Robert Knepper, Dom Purcell, Chris Vance) are coming back on TV.

12. Vannesa says:

Woo Hoo…can’t wait for the season 2 to start. :D

13. Neal says:

Isn’t this kinda spoilerish? In the final scene on the season finally they didn’t show if she got shot or the other guy right? Or am I mistaken? Anyway I agree this is gonna be a blow to Isiles lol

14. ycatsms says:

Well Angie ROCKS in whatever she’s in, and I think some love tension will be good for her. He’s easy on the eyes, too, so I think it’s a win/win for everyone except Maura :-)

15. eviltwit says:

excellent. i was wondering when Chris Vance was going to pop up on something else. i just saw him on Fairly Legal and he totally stole it. he’s going to be big.

16. slumberpRtygrl says:

I hope that it stays in line somewhat w/ the books. I read them LONG before I saw the show and would love to see those stories get more indepth.

17. Mel says:

I think you are referring to All Saints’ Chris Vance, But YAY!!! Love him, and love this show

18. Brandi says:

I was unwilling to get my hopes up when the show first aired but almost immediately I fell in love with the dynamic that Harmon and Alexander brought to their characters. The idea of two female leads who were strong and confident and yet still women (you know what I mean) was refreshing. Not that I don’t understand the need to bring an old flame into the picture, after all revealing a characters past helps us to better understand them, but I hope it’s done tastefully. It would be unbecoming for us to watch Rizzoli become less than herself and if Isles gets left by the wayside then let’s face it we’ve taken the show back to high school!