Sci-Fi Showdown: 'Fringe' Battles 'V' in the 'Renew Our Show!' Quarterfinal

Steel yourselves, sci-fi fans! The final quarterfinal matchup of TVLine.com’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Bracket Tournament involves Fox’s Fringe and ABC’s V, a pair of out-of-this-world thrillers with enthusiastic cult followings.

To warm up for the big showdown, Fringe and V respectively bumped off Outsourced and Off the Map in Round One of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Every afternoon at 1 p.m. ET for the rest of the week, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the “Renew Our Show!” field — until there’s only one champ standing. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But before that happens, you’ve got to do your sci-fi civic duty and choose between Fringe and V. Polls will be open for 48 hours, and once you’re done, feel free to hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

1. Egor says:

“V” the best! From Russia with love.

2. rtmt says:

Gosh V is on fire but gotta go with Fringe! I love the chemistry between all the characters on that show!

3. Deb says:

GAWD I hate it when they do we viewers like this!!

I don’t understand the Big ‘decision’ V is on Tues night, Fringe fri night. Plus they are on two different channels!!

This is why I hate anymore to watch a program on TV. You just start getting ‘into’ it and they cancel it every time!! Maybe I should stay with watching TNT and FX series. They understand their viewers get ‘invested’ in a program and don’t pull “the rug’ out from under them!

4. matt says:

Painful choice, but my vote has to go to Fringe!

5. Bella says:

Fringe, no question.

6. jason says:

fringe is by far the better show! Elizabeth Mitchell is fantastic but the show is just not that good

7. darkside says:

FRINGE all the way, best show on television!

8. Fred says:

Why is this even a question? It’s like asking whether you dinner guests would prefer cake or rocks.

9. luvvy says:

Ok, guys, Fringe is good but V needs our votes! So, please, choose this show =) Russia loves V!

10. Jessica says:

FRINGE!!! V is a terrible remake and needs to go away! Fringe has awesome and original stories coupled with great acting!!!

11. Denise says:

Definitely Fringe! V was nothing but 4 people promising to bring down the Visitors and failing every week. Yawn! Walter is one of the greatest tv characters ever and I need to see how all this gets resolved. Long live Fringe!

12. Matt says:

Jump under the bus, V, Fringe is a better show than you.

13. russell says:

FRINGE WIN,S TO BAD V YOU SUCK COMPARED TO FRINGE BESID,S WALTER IS SO FUNNEY. THIS SHOW 5 STAR,S GREAT WRITING GREAT ACTING GREAT STORY PLUS THE DETAL,S SO MANEY IN EACH SESON

14. Thom says:

This is a hard one for me because I love them both. But I’m going with Fringe. It’s just too AWESOME

15. Sourabh says:

I like V, and though it also should be renewed, my vote goes to Fringe.

In the alternate universe, the Sourabh there also voted for Fringe. Although in the alternate universe, Ausiello is still stuck at TVGuide.

16. Max says:

За Гранью конечно рулит)))

17. Cass says:

FRINGE. No contest. FRINGE. FRINGE. FRINGE. Yes, I said FRINGE!
    However, I like Morena Baccarin, and I want V to succeed for her benefit. I stopped watching V some time ago, but hopefully ABC will have room for it.

18. Jimmy says:

Fringe is the best show on tv. V is just eye candy with the hot female leads.

19. Josh says:

FRINGE ALL THE WAY!!!! Who cares about V!?

20. Fran says:

I’ll watch V as long as it’s around for Elizabeth Mitchell, but the writing is just bad. I had to vote for Fringe – such a good show and compelling stories.

21. Mikaylah says:

No contest. Fringe is an amazing show, with an exceptional ensemble cast and great story telling. PLEASE RENEW! :)

22. Walter Bishop says:

Please watch Fringe LIVE, my precious viewers! Spread the news to your friends and let’s get a season 4:

23. 100Gramm says:

Russia love “V”!!!!!Fringe stupid episode.!!!!!!

24. Annie says:

Fringe of course! It has fans here and Over There!

25. Brian says:

Like “V” but LOVE “Fringe.” Sorry, “V.”

26. Avon97 says:

I think the real battle will be the final 2, between Chuck and Fringe!!

27. JoJo Skittlebean says:

I like both shows and have been watching them both since day one, but Fringe is by far one of the best shows on TV and judging by the results of the poll so far, a lot of people feel the same way. It’s imperative that this show gets renewed for a fourth season! The entire cast and crew have been doing an amazing job on the show as of late and this needs to be encouraged. There are far too many shows on television these days that don’t have nearly as much depth as Fringe does. I know that no one wants to be blamed for the mass hysteria and depression that will ensue if Fringe doesn’t get renewed for another season. Renew our show! :-D

28. mse says:

I seriously consider watching V – as far as sci-fi goes, I can be pretty much sold with anything – but at this moment I can’t even imagine that I could find anything that I’d choose over Fringe. Ever since this show stopped being a weekly “wacky” investigative entertainment television and started to focus on its mythology and unusual plotlines (therefore from my perspective: became extremely awesome), it has started to find itself in a difficult position. Truth be told, the ratings are not as they used to be, but I do believe, that Fringe CAN make what other cult shows failed to deliver to FOX – do well continually on Friday nights. (Though, let’s be honest: some of those shows were badly mistreated and doomed to cancellation with or without the Friday slot – Whedon fans will know what I’m talking about…).

So, well, in a short version: Fringe = quality television -> instant renewal. That’s simply logic. :)

29. Erinç says:

İmpossible to choose…2 of them r my favorute!!! both must renew!

30. Jeremy says:

I really enjoy watching both shows and look forward to seeing both renewed. I know this doesn’t really affect the final renewals of either show because a) the shows air on different networks (V on ABC and Fringe on Fox), b) V airs on tuesday nites whereas Fringe airs on Friday nights. But since this is a showdown I will have to go with Fringe even tho I really really would like to select both.

31. Marcus says:

Really difficult decision to make – personally I’d rather “Dancing With Nobodies” got cancelled.

But V needs to be renewed! End of. It’s AWESOME!!!

32. Elin says:

Fringe.

33. Andrea says:

Fringe all the way!

34. Andrea says:

I’ve never seen V, but I love Fringe so there is no contest. Fringe definitely needs a season four.

35. robinepowell says:

Definately Fringe for me! I’m glad to see this show has 73% of the vote, so far. ;)

36. Megan says:

Fringe! And while we’re at it, give Noble an Emmy nom!

37. David says:

Is this a joke? Fringe is the only choice here.

38. AZDave says:

Fringe is the best show on network TV, and maybe the best on all of TV. The fact its renewal is even up for debate just shows that the other universe should survive in the end.

39. Honeyrider says:

FRINGE ALL DAY!!!!!

40. Fall says:

Anna Josh and John are all stars josh didn’t get so much screen time this season doesn’t mean he’s not a hilarious star , and fringe fans plz the last thing we need is deviding !
    FOX plz I Want Fringe to be renewed !!!!!

41. fringeobsessed says:

If someone reading these comments really thinks “V” is BETTER than “Fringe,” they need to repeat some grades in school.

42. Fringeee says:

Well all I can tell you about fringe is that it’s FRIIIINNNGE !!!! you can’t find anything like fringe !!! and who doesn’t watch it is reallly missing the real entertainement , each episode lives your face in an accidental form and your heart in a state of addiction that makes you wanna do anything and everything just to watch the next episode , I can add the genius clues that each scene brings up and that gives you that joyful feeling of challenge, you just wanna theorize,speculate, predict what’s gonna happend , but then , and in a smart way , the writers makes you see the unexpected !!!! I never watched a serie on TV so faithfully until I met this Obssession called fringe !!

43. Rasvyet says:

Definitely Fringe….not even close!!!

44. Mel says:

No contest: Fringe!

45. Evan Meadow says:

Gave my vote to V.

Fringe is getting renewed so I’m not worried about it. Even Fox said the ratings its getting on Fridays are what they want for it and they have remained steady (barring last week obviously because of the NCAA tourney, which has been taken into consideration).

46. Guy says:

Sorry but i want V to return. Sort of over Fringe now.

47. W0NK042 says:

Fringe. No contest.

48. Nia says:

this is a funny coincidence. i just started getting into FRINGE and have become widely obsessed with it. after i’ve finished all the previous episodes, i decided to try watching V while waiting for the next FRINGE episode. couldn’t get into V at all. and believe me, i tried. i watched one episode after another, hoping to like it.. but sadly, it just didn’t happen. which is a shame because i really love sci-fi and i love elizabeth mitchell and morena baccarin. FRINGE, however.. quality TV, screenwriting at its best, production quality is outstanding, all the characters (and relationships) are complex, the mythos is rich and mindblowing and the acting is top notch. shame it’s underrated. i can’t possibly let this tv show not get a fourth season.. when it deserves eight or more.