Exclusive

Parenthood Exclusive: Steven Weber to Romance Lauren Graham's Sarah?

It looks like burgeoning playwright Sarah Braverman is about to headline her very own fairytale romance.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Steven Weber is joining the cast of Parenthood as a potential love interest for Lauren Graham’s lovelorn single mom.

Weber will play Jack Kraft, a charismatic artistic director of the Berkeley Theater Company who crosses paths with Sarah when her play is submitted to his New Voices reading series.

The Wings actor will debut in the NBC drama’s April 19 season finale, and I hear there’s a chance he’ll return in the fall on a recurring basis.

Of course, that’s provided Parenthood is back next fall. (Fingers crossed.)

Weber, meanwhile, is awaiting word on the fate of his untitled TNT drama pilot with D.L. Hughley.

1. George says:

I LOVE Lauren Graham/Sarah Braverman, but does every guy that comes on this show have to be a love interest for her?

• Avon97 says:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing!

• Jennifer says:

Why YES since she is the ONLY single person on the show! And I love Parenthood but that is the one flaw I see with the show. I am always hoping that both Jasmine/Crosby and Julia/Joel (snore!) will break up so we can see some single action!!

Steven Webber and Lauren Graham will be HOT together! (Is there anyone she doesn’t have chemistry with??)

2. Lou says:

I have the biggest crush on Steven Weber. I’ll definitely be watching.

3. Lala says:

I want for Sarah someone more permanent. I had enough of the 3 episode romances for her. She deserves better. Mark Cyr is the best.

4. li says:

I want sarah to be with mark, they’re such a great couple!

5. Claire says:

Boo! Bring back Jason Ritter! I know, I know… I shouldn’t wish The Event to be cancelled, but if it meant we got Ritter back on Parenthood then, well, let’s just say I wouldn’t be too sorry. He and Lauren have so much chemistry, their scenes are an absolute joy to watch.

6. natalia says:

personally i hope the event doesn’t get picked up for a second season, because i’m still holding on for jason ritter to come back to parenthood and get picked up to become a series regular. they have AMAZING chemistry, and their relationship is so great. i mean, the first person sarah wanted to read her book/play was mark. that’s something!

7. Sarah says:

So that means he won’t be back on In Plain Sight?

8. Leela says:

@Sarah – more IPS is still a definite maybe.

9. Jenny says:

The writers need to slow it down on the love interests. It’s getting a little crazy.

10. Saracen Riggins says:

Count me as one STRONGLY in the field of holding out hope that Mark is THE one for her. I LOVE their scenes. More chemistry than I’ve “felt” watching a show in a looooong time.

11. Mel says:

Yes! I say he should stick around for a while too :D

12. Luz says:

I LOVE LOVE Steven Weber, loved his character on Brothers and Sisters and I Know I will love him for Sarah. He’s been like the perfect guest star these days.

13. olive says:

boo! i don’t like steven weber, i still hate him from “once and again”. bring back that nice guy who got tickets to that show in the club. i think his name was mike (kevin alejandro) he was cute!

14. t says:

NO, he’s not the right guy for her!!

15. Kiki says:

i’ll have to see, but i really liked jason ritter ….. so cute together. And if NBC doesn’t pick up parenthood there is something seriously wrong with them ….

16. Matt says:

Yet again, Parenthood is copying Brothers & Sisters… “Sarah” dating a character played by Steven Weber… just sayinggg…

17. Guy says:

I feel bad for Sam Jaeger and Peter Krause being on a show that is slowly going down the toilet. They and the rest of the cast, except Dax Sheppard, are so talented and the writers obviously suck.