Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Grey's Anatomy, House, Castle and More!

Got the Monday blahs? Let’s see if I can perk up the start of your week with a flurry of scoops, teases and sound bites from some of TV’s hottest shows and stars.

No Dark Grey’s Finale | Kevin McKidd says that Grey’s Anatomy’s upcoming season-ender won’t be nearly as grim as last May’s blood-soaked finale. “There’s not going to be some massive event, like a shooting,” he tells TVLine, “but there’s definitely going to be a lot of things that come to light that are going to change a lot of perceptions and pose a lot of very difficult questions for people. It’s going to leave big question marks, [because] quite serious kind of things happen in the last couple of episodes that are left unresolved.” Might Owen and Cristina be among those left in flux, since they’ve been at odds about when to start a family? Per McKidd, Owen needs Cristina “to realize that maybe there’s more to life than just work. And that is going to play out in a very interesting way towards the end of the season.”

Grey’s Anatomy Triangle Twist: Teddy Gets a Proposal!

Messy House | One team member is leaving, another is returning, “Huddy” is no more and House himself is back on the Vicodin. Fox’s hit medical drama has many balls in the air as Season 7 winds down, so what sort of finale are we looking at? Will it be about transitions? House again trying to stop the pill-popping? A ruined romance revived? “Those are all good questions you’re asking,” exec producer Greg Yaitanes said when I put forth that string of season-ending stories. “And about all I can say is that a lot is going to come to a head in the finale. Everything you’re talking about, these are all things that in some form or another are going to get answered or addressed before the season’s up.” House fans, what sort of cliffhanger, if any, do you think we’ll get?

House‘s Amber Tamblyn: Masters Will Have a ‘Juicy’ Encounter with Thirteen

Double Trouble | As much as Laura Vandervoort hopes that ABC renews V for a third season, there’s one storyline twist that she is dreading to play, given how “Lisa 2.0” violently slaughtered Tyler after their roll in the spaceship hay. “The heart-wrenching thing is that Erica will think it was [the original] Lisa who killed her son,” says Vandervoort, obviously disheartened to see her and Elizabeth Mitchell’s on-screen dynamic demolished. Hmm, maybe that dungeon ain’t so bad a hiding place after all.

V Star Weighs In on Finale’s Double Whammy

Castle Goes to the Movies | As revealed in my exclusive casting news about Castle’s Hollywood-based episode, the original plan was to have Laura Prepon back as actress Natalie Rhodes, now that production is underway on the Nikki Heat movie. But with Prepon busy working on a pilot, the ABC drama will forego Natalie’s encore and instead serve up movie versions of two other NYPD faves. That’s right, the springtime episode will introduce us to the actors playing the big screen “Ryan” and “Esposito.” Why do I have the feeling at least one of the choices will be cast wildly against type?

NBC Renews Three Thursday Comedies

Screened & Heard | I got an advanced peek at this Thursday’s episode of NBC’s newly renewed Parks & Recreation, and let’s just say that the success of the Harvest Festival proves to be a double-edged sword for Leslie & Co., who embark on a wilderness retreat to brainstorm their next big trick. You can also count on several references to Tom’s TV of choice that make me only more sad for the lad…. FX’s Lights Out this Tuesday night guest-stars the always, always excellent David Morse (House) as “The Rainmaker,” a former heavyweight champ who, having hit hard times, gets offered a leg up by Lights. The rest of the episode revolves around the very real possibility that Lights will be brought up on charges of beating up Visitor Marcus that dentist and then paying off the DA. Expectedly compelling stuff from the freshman drama.

If there’s a show or hot topic you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Michael Sacal says:

I think I’d enjoy seeing Erica hunt down Lisa 2.0 and killing her. I would enjoy it more if she did it very publicly and became a known enemy of the Vs.

No more secret identity. I want her to become public enemy number 1.

Heroes are at their best when they work against the system, not within it. It would make her an underdog… and isn’t that the point, to get us to root for the underdog?

It would make the V’s constant triumphs a little easier to accept for people who don’t like to see them win so often and see the Fifth Column lose every week.

I want to see Erica realize that all the members of the Fifth Column were treacherous SOBs except for Father Jack and the scientist whose name I forget.

Ryan betrayed her, Hobbes caused her husband’s death, and Lisa killed her son.

It be great is Singer became a regular next season and he was the only person (besides Jack) that Erica can trust.

• sash fan says:

I agree — enough hiding & ‘working’ for the FBI. Time for an all-out war!

• John Berggren says:

Well they’ve set up a perfect opportunity for Marc Singer to be a regular next season. He already has his own basement that he can be kept in – standing in one place and only interacting in one scene per episode. It’ll be perfect!

2. Shannon says:

House writers are way too dramatic. They need to sit down and watch Castle to see how a show should be written.

3. djesus says:

“House fans, what sort of cliffhanger, if any, do you think we’ll get”
    Since Bombshells, it’s cuddy’s nightmare because she’s in a coma, and she’ll die in the finale with House near her, clean, and not stoned this time. Give me this finale now!

4. xav says:

Hopefully the “interesting way” the Owen/Cristina storyline plays out is that she dumps his ass and finds someone who appreciates her for her awesome self and doesn’t want to change her. First Burke, now Owen keep telling her that who she is as a doctor and a person is wrong.

• Odette Baez says:

you took the words out of my mouth!

i am sick of this whole perception that they ONLY way to “true” happiness is not caring about carrier, loving up your man and having babies [after the requisite lame white fluffy wedding]

christina has always been career-focused, esp when it comes to surgery, why change her personality??? ANNOYING

• Jill says:

I completely agree! I’m going to be really upset if Cristina discovers she’s pregnant and then comes to some sort of “realization” that the only way to be happy is to have a baby. Especially when she just got herself back in the game.

5. Lisa says:

I hope the “interesting way” is growth for Cristina, not retreading the surgery hungry animal routine. Owen enlightening Cristina that there is more to life could be a good thing – that she can have a successful career, love (which she has with Owen), and enjoy other things outside of work. Now that would be growth for her character!

6. Michelle says:

Why does Cristina have to be the one who learns something? Why not Owen? I love him and I love he and Cristina together, but come on. Yes, there is more to life than work, but why does it have to involve children?! Why is Shonda feeding the “woman can’t be happy without kids’ trope?! ARGH!!!

• Erica says:

I don’t think their last argument was just about “babies”, it was about communicating and making life decisions together. I truly doubt Owen would leave Cristina just because she decided to not have a baby. He just wants to part of making that decision, that is what makes a strong relationship. Discussing difficult subjects and come to a decision or “agree to disagree”.

• mantispath says:

Christina never considers Owen’s feelings or dreams. She is too self absorbed. She has a lot of growing up to do, but not with him… and no… she should NOT have a child.
      [gag… major eyeball roll] Shonda needs some new topic ideas to get off the baby kick.

7. Ann says:

I don’t believe Owen has ever tried to change Cristina. He loves her for who she is, even when they disagree. Owen lets Cristina breathe and make her own decisions but he also is not going to just sit back and not share his love of life and his beliefs. That is what I love so much about this couple, they are not simple/boring – they are exciting/have conflicts like normal people. Owen is exactly what Cristina needs, someone that will stand up for his own beliefs. Owen isn’t demanding Cristina do anything, he just wants his voice to be heard and for them to discuss it – communication was never Cristina’s strong suite. LOL

• Nicole says:

Cristina has been moving toward this realization that work isn’t all there is to life for quite some time. Heck, they’ve been dropping that into her storyline from S.1 when Meredith went from surgical competition to friend. It would only be natural for Owen to want to share a life with Cristina outside the hospital too. He’s not trying to change her, he’s simply trying to broaden her focus to include him and their life together. I love that he wants to share his ‘love of life’ as you call it with her. They’ve worked so hard to be together it’d be nice to see them get to enjoy it.

8. mel says:

After all she has been through with Owen, I thought that Cristina already learnt that there is more to life than work. But if she needs a confirmation, it’s OK for me, CO FOREVER !

9. jaded says:

Yeah House is a MESS! You got that right! Blah..

• lmao says:

What are you doing here? You said you didn’t like the show because the huddy crap was over. I guess you bitter huddies will always come back to spread your hate, lol

• jaded says:

Are you stalking me now? I’m here because i want to be and??! Just like you are here and your Hilson or Hameron has never happened.. That never stopped you from posting!

• lmao says:

Don’t worry, I’m not stalking you, I just remember you because I told you good bye few days ago and I’m surprised to see you again, you were so adamant with your “I’m done with the show”. You huddies are so coerent, lol
          Anyway, I’m not a hilson (I mean, I like House and Wilson interaction but for me they’re just friends ) and sure I’m not a hameron. Don’t make assumption, just because you watch the show for a stupid ship doesn’t mean I do the same.

• Liz says:

LOL at the bitter Huddies, you really are too much fun. RIP Huddy, hopefully in the finale too.

10. NF says:

I would be most interested in having Castle and the others meet the actor playing Rook. I imagine Rick would have some very interesting interactions with the person playing his alter-ego onscreen. That being said, it’ll be intersting enough watching Ryan and Esposito meet their fictional counterparts.

• NS says:

Ryan Reynolds is the only actor that can play Rook.

• stacie says:

ryan reynolds would be very nice and seeing the former 2GAAPP alumni together again would be awesome but i think it would be funnier if jason bateman whom nathan is often mistaken for would be better :)

11. Colm says:

The thing I love about this post is that I watch all the shows bar the last one. I can’t wait to see how the Lisa 2.0 story plays out, hopefully now the real Lisa toughen up and take matters into her own hands.

Looking forward to Castle, can’t wait for Thirteen to return on House I have direly missed her, but sad that Amber Tamblyn can’t stay, not really fussed if Huddy make it or not, but I don’t want her to let herself feel bad about breaking off with him and then it compromising her job.

As for Owen and Cristina on GA, I think it would be a pity if they didn’t end up having a kid in a way because they’d make the best parents, not just in terms of baby care but in the long term of how there kids would grow up, its amazing how many Merder fans believe that them getting pregnant is a gateway of eternal happiness for that couple. Taking a look at the bigger picture, the truth is that Meredith Grey or Derek Shephard wouldn’t be bothered with a child. They are more career driven than they are for family so why is this pretense that they really want this. That child would be neglected so badly that he’ll grow up with parents who would rather build their surgical ego’s than spend time with their own son or daughter. Trust me that kid will get dropped in the OR gallery or the daycare facility and ignored as much as possible, he will grow up bitter, resentful and unloved by the two of them.

Mark Sloan is another one, I mean who would want a manwhore as your father when your already being made fun at school for having two moms, I wonder how many of the GA writers have actually considered how realistically bad parents all these people having babies are going to make.

• mantispath says:

I’m with you on GA, all this baby stuff for people so devoted to launching a career is silly and out of character. Meredith and Derek are downright sappy these days, always unrealistically smiley and huggy. The whole baby thing is just a way for us to get so bored with her character they can write her out of the show and no one will care.

As for Christina, no way is she maternal. She would be an abusive parent. She is abusive to nearly everyone, has no sensitivity except toward herself, and the only thing she is interested in is her career. She has zero interest in being a mother, and heaven knows she shouldn’t be one! She doesn’t fit with Owen, who would make a good parent, and I think he should move on to someone warmer who shares more of the same vision. Christina tramples him constantly.

As for Mark, gee wiz, they have changed his personality so many times I have no clue who his character is anymore. But, I bet he will be one doting and devoted dad, even with two moms on the scene. My bet: Arizona can’t handle it and she and Kallie eventually split.

12. zaza says:

I think it would be funny if the actor playing “Ryan” in the movie was over-the-top Irish and the actor playing “Esposito” was tough looking, but gay in real life. Ryan and Esposito’s reactions to their counterparts would be hysterical!

13. Sally says:

I don’t watch any of the other shows and just recently started watching House again (after having watched since the very first episode many years ago till the Huddy doom started), and all I do NOT want to see in the House finale is Huddy. Anything but this awful, awful Huddy stuff. I’d only make an exception if House kills Cuddy. :P

• Alicia says:

“I’d only make an exception if House kills Cuddy.”

Wow, aren’t you hilarious–cause this is supposed to be “funny”?
      That’s what that little smiley face represents, right? Casual misogyny and domestic violence–SUCH a great joke.
      And people say shippers have problems…

14. Jada says:

I stopped watching House because of the stupid huddy soap, let that silly ship RIP!

15. Cindy says:

I hope Grey’s focuses on something other than Callie/Mark/whats-her-name/baby. I’m so over that. Too much time on it and now it’s boring and annoying.

16. Jen says:

Dear fellow Huddies, GY said that he enjoys the hate mails bc it shows that we care. Well, let’s show him that we don’t care anymore about #HookersMD. Let’s stop watching, let’s stop commenting, let’s stop voting. #RIPHuddy? I say #RIPHouse (This was my last comment btw :P)

• Ariel says:

Huddy was killing the show, that’s why the people at fox decided to end it and I’m glad because now we’ll have our show back. Hopefully there’ll be still time to save the show for the damage that the huddy crap did!

• Sure says:

Right, “Huddy” was killing the show (not–still–terrible writing) which is why last week’s episode was down to 10.4 million viewers from Bombshells’ 11.1 million.
        You’d think the post breakup episode would have all the “real” House “fans” surging back to watch him in all his single man glory.
        Where was that inevitable bump? Do you think it will kick in this week?? Because that’s surely why people weren’t watching…

• Ariel says:

Bombshell had a lot of promotions, obviously it was going to have a bust in ratings and still they only get 11.1 millions. Why? Because it was supposed to be another huddy episode. Regarding the ratings, you seem to forget that this season some episodes had barely 9.5 million of viewers. And don’t forget what happened with the SB ads: the show had more than 12 millions because of that ads but the episode was so full of huddy crap that they lost the new viewers the next week!
          And I have to remind you all the promotion of huddy before the beginning of this season? They also used sex to sell the huddy and all they got was a merely 10 millions.
          Yes, huddy ruined the show by turning it into a stupid soap. Don’t forget that tonight DWTS is on so I’m waitng for a dip in ratings especially because a lot of us non huddy think that the huddy is going to come back.
          The only way to gain viewers back is put an end to this soap once and for all, making clear that the show is about House interaction with Wilson, his team and the POTW, no more silly soap and hopefully the next season a lot of us will come back

• Sure says:

Yeah, “Huddy” is driving everyone away, even though Family Practice, the episode with the most viewers so far (12.3 million), was all about Cuddy and her mom. But I’m sure “you’ll remind me,” with some convoluted explanation, what “I’m forgetting” in that instance too.

• @sure says:

Some data, from this huddy season:
            HOUSE 3.3 9.678 millions
            House 3.4 9.24 millions
            HOUSE 3.5 9.385 millions

No need convoluted explanation, just some numbers ;)
            And as I said, Family Practice had the SB ads, no wonder it got 12.3 millions, but it was all about huddy/cuddy and the next week ratings went down? Why? Because the viewers didn’t like the huddy crap!

• Sure says:

Thanks again Ariel–now I know promotion is the only explanation for when “Huddy” episodes do well. Because ad saturation makes even distasteful episodes palatable.
            And every season has their down episodes, not sure about the significance of the three arbitrary ones you keep posting. Wasn’t 3×05 (Unplanned Parenthood) a Hilson heavy episode though? Hmm, that’s curious, wonder if there’s some deeper meaning there… I’m sure you tell me.

17. Ariel says:

Some data, from this huddy season:
    HOUSE 3.3 9.678 millions
    House 3.4 9.24 millions
    HOUSE 3.5 9.385 millions
    Poor huddy, they really think they matter :)

• GTFO says:

Don’t waste your breath Ariel. The Huddies are dense. GY told them they’re a percentage of a percentage. He’s right. NOONE wants them around. TPTB hate them, GY hates them and they’re telling them CLEARLY to get lost with his tweets and with their interviews telling them Huddy is definitely over. If they thought they mattered they wouldn’t have cut off any chance of House and Cuddy getting together again like that. Do they need to sky write it? Go away Huddy fangirls. There’s nothing for you here now. You’re wasting your time on false hopes when TPTB told you point blank it’s over. Move on.

• Ariel says:

Yes, I know, huddy are really stupid and tptb are well aware of that. That’s why is so funny mocking them until you get bored. I was playing with that silly huddy named Sure but I’m already bored by her.
        Anyway, this huddy season is a disaster and tptb know is because of the huddy crap, hopefully the next episodes will declare the definitive end of huddy, it’s the only way to bring the old viewers back for the next season. Also, without that crappy romance, the writing could improve, let’s hope for it.

18. teniba says:

House: A ruined romance revived? hmmm i predict the rtourn of Forteen!

19. Kate says:

I don’t care who will be on the Castle LA episode (although Laura Prepon was great as Nikki Heat and I’ll miss her); I’m just superjazzed to see what’s going to happen. Love that show!

I hope Grey’s doesn’t throw yet another roadblock at Cristina and Owen, they need some good times at last.

House started going downhill when the original team was sidelined but Huddy was the nail in its coffin. RIP, House M.D.

20. fdf says:

Renew chuck!!

21. Janet says:

PLEASE DON’T KILL WILSON!!! House would die.
    TAKE TAUB……PLEASE…..TAKE TAUB!!!!!
    PLEASE DON’T TAKE WILSON!!!!

22. PMH says:

The only way id watch House again is if they bought Cameron back,imo the whole series lost its mojo when they let the original team go.Shame it used to be one of my favourite programs ever.

23. Jake says:

I love “V”. I was sad to see Jane Badler go, but Morena Baccarin is awesome as Anna and pulls off evil perfectly…she deserves an award for her portrayl. I hope it gets another season.

24. Karen says:

Maybe because Kevin McKidd and Sandra Oh are two of the best actors around GA keeps giving Cristina and Owen heavy-duty, angsty storylines, but please, even they need to have some onscreen good times. All of the happiness they have apparently been experiencing over the past few months has happened off screen. These two are great at comedy — let’s see icicle girl and leg stapling guy have some fun. As for career conflict, I really think Cristina’s character has already become more complex in S5 and S6, so to see her regress to the “career only” person she was the first few seasons seems silly. Likewise, Owen has always been a champion of her career (bringing her the best mentor she ever had, trying to get her back into surgery after the shooting, etc) so lets hope the writers don’t try to go down a road of trashing Owen’s character. We want to see this marriage of equals in action, not in soapy argument.