Grey's Anatomy Twist: Teddy Gets a Proposal

Grey’s Anatomy‘s Teddy aka the Cardiac God will find herself juggling a few hearts — and ultimately a very big decision — when James Tupper resurfaces as Dr. Andrew Perkins, the crisis counselor who last fall helped the Seattle Gracers recover from the hospital shooting.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Grey’s and More

“He’s a bit nomadic — he’s traveling — and he’s back in town when he contacts her,” Tupper tells us of Andrew’s springtime return.

The psychiatrist apparently “contacts” Teddy (played by Kim Raver) right off her feet, because before you know it, they’re picking things up where they left off at the end of Tupper’s original run. “They liked each other before, so they’re trying it again,” says the actor.

Well, yeah… except Teddy is now technically married to Henry (played by Scott Foley). Oh, that’s right — Andrew is kept in the dark about that pesky detail.

“Yeah, she hasn’t told me about that,” Tupper shares.

Scoop: A Grey’s Anatomy Crisis Intensifies!

Regardless — or more likely because of Teddy’s omission — things progress to the point that, by the end of the season, Andrew will drop a big question in her lap.

“I do make her a proposal,” Tupper teases. But is it an offer Teddy can’t refuse? “I’m waiting to see just like you are,” says Tupper, “but I think there’s a chemistry there.”

ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy returns with fresh episodes on Thursday, March 24. (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. xav says:

I don’t really need another love triangle or anything. But I really like the idea of Teddy and Henry falling for each other. They’re very cute.

2. Julie says:

UGH! Enough of Teddy and her men! Henry is going to die so can Perkins take Teddy far, far away?!

3. Blake says:

If Teddy and Andrew get engaged then most likely Kim Raver will be leaving the show. They obviously have no idea what to do with her. I love Kim and enjoy Teddy, but I wouldn’t be sad if she left. She’s just kind of there right now.

• Diane says:

No,if Teddy and Andrew get engaged that means Andrew will be sticking around in season 8 which means an already bloated cast will become even more bloated. The show will add on a trauma counselor and write in patients that need his crappy counseling skills. This show has become horrid. We have great characters like Alex Karev, who is rich in terms of material that can be explored (childhood trauma, foster kid, abusive father, schizo mother+brother with 16 y.o. sister in Iowa, wife left him, he got shot and almost died) and he’s had absolutely NOTHING worthwhile in terms of story line. Instead we get Teddy dealing with all these men falling in love with her and the awful Callie-Mark- Arizona baby storyline. Yeah this is my last season watching this show that has absolutely none of the qualities that made me start watching it in the first place.

• Steph says:

Amen! I was a huge fan of Greys and I don’t even recognize or enjoy it anymore.

• mantsipath says:

I so agree, Karev is one of the best characters on the show, and they continually push him aside. There could be so much good material there.
        Teddy is a crashing bore who can’t get her wishy-washy act together and is everything I can’t stand in a female character. She’s always looking for a man to hang her all-over-the-board sloppy emotions on. [gag] I hope they write her out.
        Callie-Arizona I like, but the ‘Mark as daddy’ story sucks. Lets lose the baby to some disease, have Callie blame Arizona, and let some fireworks begin.
        I too miss the “old Grey’s” with adult stories and hard-core medicine… not doctors acting like dizzy hormonal middle-schoolers.

4. eliott256 says:

Never warmed to her character and now that she has nothing to do, I care even less about her

5. Phoebe says:

Oh my god! I can’t wait!!!

6. rebecca says:

i love kim raver.. but i was a little slow to warm to her character, but i’ve come to like Teddy & i love her friendship with Arizona.

• xav says:

I like their friendship too. It’s refreshingly healthy compared to the Mark/Callie trainwreck of a friendship.

7. Kelly says:

I like Teddy with Henry.

• Cinders says:

What was the point of this couple? We already know that Henry is leaving the show to be a cardiologist on The Doctor pilot.

8. McScotty says:

yeah, I quite like Teddy but have to say that if it wasn’t for her friendship with Arizona I’d probably like her less. nice to see Arizona bonding with someone else in the hospital other than Callie or Karev.

9. Monica says:

Thanks for the spolier. I like all three of them!

10. Kris says:

Did Tupper just blow one of the season cliffhangers? Not a big one but still.

11. just says:

No, thanks, take that back…please noooooooo, no more Teddy and all her men pleaeaeaeassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LOL !

12. Cinders says:

Please, Dr Perkins, marry Teddy and take her far away. She is a useless character.

13. Linderella49 says:

They may be trying to cushion the blow for the loss of another main character…Alex, Meredith or Derek. Since Alex has not been featured and the OB Doc has been picked up for another pilot/series, maybe he’s going to be off to try to make up with Izzy. I still think there’s very bad news ahead for Mer/Der because of talk about someone else doing the voiceovers instead of Meredith. And I actually like Teddy – it’s Owen that leaves me cold.

14. OhNoes says:

I really like Henry I would like if he and Teddy fell in love and she moved on away from Seattle Grace and we can forget the train wreck that was Teddy/Hunt/Christina and Teddy still gets a happy ending. I wasn’t keen on the psychiatrist, he seemed like a bit of a douche just leaving her like that.

15. ggny says:

James Tupper is one of them actors that deserves a series regular role on a good show…I think Grey’s should make him a regular next year and i know there is already a ton of characters on the show but lets face it Seattle Grace needs a full time psychiatrist

• Cinders says:

They have a full time psychiatrist, Dr Wyatt, who was mentioned in the third episode of this season. The last person to use her was Owen, when he was going through his PTSD. Dr Perkins is a trauma counselor.

16. kate says:

NO!!!! I want Henry and Teddy together!!! :0 go away Andrew…

17. alice says:

I LOVE Henry and Teddy, and Teddy isnt a useless charecter. Her friendship with Arizona is so great, and her wierd sort-of relationship with Henry is cute :) Kim Raver does an awesome job and I don’t want Teddy to go ANYWHERE!!! I like this season, sure its no Season 2 or 3, but I still like it. Espeshially the whole Mark-Callie-Arizona baby stuff. I would like Meredith and Derek to have more screen time. And Alex and the new OB just annoy me. I like her a charecter, but not with Alex, please.

18. mel says:

Why they give us so easily precise spoilers about tedious and nothing about MD, CO or Alex ? I think it’s beca

19. mel says:

Why they give so easily precise spoilers about tedious and blurry ones for MD, CO or Alex ? I think the answer is simple : they know that majority of viewers don’t care about what could happen to tedious so they hope by giving so much about her SL we begin to care about her. That’s not gonna work with me, I just don’t care about her. But I do care about MD, CO and Alex and they didn’t give us anything precise about them to make us freak out and wonder what’s going to happen for them because that’s how TV works, I hope good things will happen for the five of them because I really care about them !

20. nate says:

Headline FAIL

21. rst says:

I wish they would stop getting Teddy on these triangles! Just focus on her being a kick-ass cardio god/teacher or develop the awesome friendship with Arizona. She so much more likable when she’s with AZ, and was just warming up to her and Henry. There wasn’t any spark with Dr Perkins earlier, the relationship felt really forced and flat.

22. Shuayb702 says:

Ok ppl enough with the winghing abt Teddy being boring. She is far from that. She is a great character who has added a lot of greatness to the show. My first impression of Kim was that she was flat and over rated. But since she started on Grey’s she grew on me and became awesome from the get go. If Henry dies and she falls for andrew she wont leave. I’ve always said that Greys needed a trauma person for patients. It would add a new level to medicine. A show that focused mainly on amazing and sometimes impossible surgeries needs to jabe more definition. Besides ER had a hugr cast and theu survived. So ppl please chill and lets see how this story line ends up…

• Ana says:

Not everyone has to like Teddy. I personally find her boring, useless and one-note. Wish she would leave soon because bloated cast with superficial stories didn’t make Grey’s great.

Oh, and ER had great writers and compelling characters. All which GA and Teddy aren’t.

23. Kiki says:

Oh please let Andrew propose to take Teddy far, far away. I hear Alaska is nice and he may even have a bit of experience there. And Teddy’s fond of woodland animals.

BTW, Teddy = Cardio God made me LOL. What a joke!

24. Star says:

C’mon people lemme state the obvious that Kim Raver is the most awful actress on this show, and Teddy is the least interesting character. I still dont’ know what her personality is aiming for since she’s always so manic and all over the place. The writers did an awful job and I think just threw this character in because another pilot didn’t work out. She can’t stand on her own in scenes, there always has to be Owen/Kevin or Cristina/Sandra in scenes to carry them. I really hope she is gone after this season, and I agree with who said the cast is still too big, its been clear that Henry is dying, so to bring on Tupper full time would be kind of ridiculous. I’m also not a fan of Tupper, to me he’s a mediocre actor and just some guy that cheated on his wife to be with Anne Heche. Teddy has not got a huge following so I am guessing TPTB are finally listening to fans that have been writing in.

25. Star says:

I forgot to mention that AZ is in scenens with Teddy and while AZ is friends with Teddy that friendship has made me like Arizona less, and they have turned AZ so passive agressive, I am fastforwarding her scenes as well. They are way too catty.

26. Samantha says:

Ugh, I hate Teddy. Stop giving her storylines. Can she just like do heart surgeries and stuff and that can be her involvement?

27. Colm says:

Kim Raver is one of the worst actresses on television, every episode of Greys shes in is an episode lost, I hope this will be her exit. She destroys the storyline of everyone she comes in contact with, and I would really love to know who exactly got her that job in ABC, because I find it very hard to believe she got that job through an audition by herself

28. lisa says:

She needs to go she was one of shondas mistakes and a waste of time. Every show she has been on she only stays for a minute.

29. Steph89 says:

Thats fine with me let her ride off into the sunset! She wanted Owen to cheat so she is a cheater be gone witch.

30. Missy says:

Greys has way to many people give Mer and Der a storyline. By Teddy.

31. Laura says:

OMG more storyline for teddy YUCK! I am so sick of her i want someone I care about (alex) to get a plot. Lame.

32. Ana says:

Pleeeeease exit Tedious.

33. Caro says:

That’s good news! I’d love to see Dr. Perkins back in Teddy’s life, and pursuing a relationship with her! Looking forward to that. Maybe Grey’s will be more enjoyable, after all that horrendous Callie/Mark baby stuff, which is unbearable to watch! Not to forget about the awful Lexie/Jackson storyline… and the total lack of amazing Mer/Der storylines! I really need some GOOD Grey’s stories, and this sounds like one, so I’m on board. Only remaining wish is MORE MER/DER!!! and Mark/Lexie please!

34. Ana says:

Great, now Teddy can say yes and leave GA. She’s such a boring character that adds nothing to the show. KR isn’t on the top of her game anymore.
    GA is a former shadow of what they were. The CAM story is absolutely ridiculous. Teddy-fest is boring to no end. There are way too many characters that are just standing there without any real purpose. The originals are not there anymore. So yes, please, please take Teddy away and Dr. Whateverhisnameis to somewhere else where they won’t be heard of ever again.

35. Sarah says:

What a bore-fest. I agree with those saying that KR is a bad actress. Sandra Oh is getting roles in Oscar nominated films and KR is doing Lifetime movies, need any more proof? The character of Teddy is badly developed and obviously they just wanted some heterosexual blonde character to replace Katherine Heigl. I hope Teddy’s gone after this season and takes her two ball and chain love interests Henry and Tupperware with her. Then maybe other people that are good actors who need screen time can finally get it.