Pilot Scoop: Connie Britton Snags Lead in Ryan Murphy's American Horror Story

Horror? This is more like an American dream.

Friday Night Lights‘ Connie Britton has snagged the female lead in American Horror Story, FX’s much-buzzed-about drama pilot from Glee bosses Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.

Britton — who is also developing an FX drama with Fighter director David O. Russell — will play the role of Vivien Harmon, one half of the show’s central couple. Vivien is described as a force to be reckoned with in spite of her vulnerable demeanor.

The Horror premise is being kept under tight wraps, but this much I can reveal: Each season will feature an entirely new cast. As a result, if the project gets a green light, Britton would only be under contract for one season. So she could conceivably finish Horror and segue right into the new project with Russell.

1. shockpop08 says:

Don’t know if I can get over anything, but Tami Taylor, but will def. watch cause I adore CB!

2. Bee says:

OMG YES! connie connie connie! love her and can’t wait to see her back on TV. too bad it’ll only be for 1 season. but i’ll take what i can get!
    is this scheduled for the fall? and does this mean she won’t be in the david o. russell drama if that gets made too?

3. Mohammad says:

As much as I love Connie, I wish she wasn’t on a Ryan Murphy show. He’s gonna mess his new show up just like he messed up Glee and Nip/Tuck…

4. Pug says:

Not sure what I think about there being a new cast each season. Of course, with the way FX dramas have done in the ratings recently (Terriers, Lights Out) there will only be one season.

5. Sam says:

Ofcourse i’ll watch this. After the casting of Dylan Walsch in that CBS drama i’m having some major withdrawals from Nip/Tuck. Time to stick those DVDs in the player.

6. Tania says:

The negative? Ryan Murphy. The positive? Connie Britton. Her talent was wasted away in the drivel that was Friday Night Lights. We’ll see about this RM project.

7. deedeedragons says:

Each season a different cast, like Harper’s Island was going to be or is the title misleading?

8. Amanda says:

I love Connie, so I’ll probably watch this despite the fact that Ryan Murphy seems to like to ruin his TV shows. I’m afraid that nothing will be able to take the place of Friday Night Lights.

9. Menda says:

Cool! Connie is terrific. I knew it would not be long before someone snagged her. She has good taste in shows so perhaps there is hope for the Ryan Murphy project. Sounds interesting.

10. Sam says:

And, yet again, Murphy recognizes talent. Too bad he often kills it with his heavy handed form of “edge” and “camp.”
    I fear this show is going to be like Harper’s Island, killing off the characters, which would explain the need for a new cast every season. If H.I. taught television anything, it’s that watching characters you like die every episode isn’t as much fun as it sounds.