Parenthood Vs. Brothers & Sisters: 'Renew Our Show!' Quarterfinals Continue!

You want family drama? You can’t handle our brand of family drama! Wait, you think you can? Okay, well how about NBC’s Braverman clan locked in a bloody battle to the death against ABC’s Walker household? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that’s the kind of intensity you’re getting in the quarterfinals of TVLine.com’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Bracket Tournament, where No. 4 seed Parenthood is clashing with No. 5 seed Brothers & Sisters for a coveted semifinal berth.

Parenthood and Brothers & Sisters are already grizzled “Renew Our Show!” veterans, having respectively vanquished The Defenders and Harry’s Law in Round One of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Chuck Battles Lie To Me as the ‘Renew Our Show!’ Tournament Quarterfinals Begin!

Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next week, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the “Renew Our Show!” field — until there’s only one champ standing. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But before that happens, you’ve got to make a decision: Team Braverman or Team Walker. Polls will be open for 48 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Fringe Vs. Outsourced: Only One Can Survive in the ‘Renew Our Show’ Tourney

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

Comments (123)

• Definitely Brothers & Sisters. My mom and I both love that show and look forward to seeing it each week.

Comment by Susan – March 18, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!!! Best show on TV!

Comment by Elizabeth – March 18, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BROTHERS and SISTERS is one of the best shows on TV with some of the BEST Actors !! I know so many people who watch this shoe religiously and adore it! The story lines are current, and very interesting. VOTE Brothers and Sisters!!

Comment by Michael – March 18, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need brothers & sisters – closest thing to having a proper family in my life need it every week to check in, get involved & live with this absolutely amazing family – sure they fight & argue – but also love each other so much that they will do whatever they can to help each other too.. So what if the stories aren’t to everybody’s liking; how many ‘real’ families have interesting lives 24/7 – I love this show – I laugh, cry, get angry and wish that I had a family like the Walkers. I need the show to continue, please…!

Comment by Scot – March 18, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD BECAUSE I LOVE KRAHAM LAUREN GRAHAM N PETER KRAUSE THEY HAVE AMAZING CHEM TOGETHER!!

Comment by Jamie – March 18, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD!!

Comment by Parenthood LG FAN 4eva! – March 18, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!

• Parenthood!

Comment by Carrie – March 18, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!

Comment by Kelsey – March 18, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD!!!!!!!!

Comment by Patty – March 18, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love B&S, but it’s taken a nose dive since Rob Lowe left. He should never leave TV shows in the middle of their runs.

Parenthood, adversely, is fantastic!

Comment by Cat – March 18, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood is one of the most amazing, best shows on television! Renew it!!!<3

Comment by Lexi – March 18, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood sucks less than Brothers and Sisters, but not by much.

Comment by mgb – March 18, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love brothers and sisters the most. Loyaly since the very beginning I’ve watched and fell in love with the entire cast. Rob lowe’s character, got killed off and it still has me depressed but I will always love this show. Can’t I have both parenthood and B&S?!?!

Comment by bri – March 18, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood! It would be absurd to let that good of a show finish so early on…it has so much to offer: besides entertainment, an outstanding cast! Love it!

Comment by bj – March 18, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see where to vote, but, my choice is Brothers & Sisters. It’s an amazing show, and I want it to continue!

Comment by Kevin Song – March 18, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not have much time to watch television, however, I have found Parenthood to be compelling from the first show. In fact, this is one of the most intelligent shows I have ever seen. The writing is superb and the acting and direction fabulous. The last show on March 1, which portrayed the discussion of Asperger’s syndrome with Max, was realistic, poignant and heartbreaking. The love for and support of family, amidst the imperfections of the characters, makes for great drama. Kudos to Ron Howard; he is a genius. This show will be a big hit, if given a chance.

Comment by Felicia Cosman – March 18, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys mean B&S has been a bit soapy in season five?? I have just started watching after the horrendous trainwreck that was season four! Seriously, it gets worse than that??

I say Parenthood all the way, even if I haven’t seen it yet!

Comment by godzilla_foil – March 18, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers and Sisters by far!!!!

Comment by Natalie Jolly – March 18, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have only seen a small number of Parenthood episodes. I enjoyed them, but I am a Bro & Sis fan.
    I haven’t been very happy with the story line this past season but I like most of the Walkers and would like to see if the writers can turn a not so great season around.

Comment by Igloo – March 18, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like brothers & sisters a most,this show is so great,their storylines are so good and I want to see the Walkers on the season 6-10 as well…pls continued this show and don’t stop it!!!i need b&s in my life…please…

Comment by Adibah Idris – March 18, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers & Sisters!! Parenthood is ok, but Kevin and Scotty are my favorite couple on TV

Comment by Stucky – March 18, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kevin and Scotty are my favorite couple on TV too. But this season the writing of this couple has been abused in every way possible. This season plots seems not to have consistency with the previous seasons. Where has all of the intelligent and witty writing gone?

Comment by Amanda – March 19, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!

Comment by K – March 18, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers & Sisters … absolutely. Love the Walkers, love Sarah and Luc (best couple on TV) and can’t imagine Sunday nights without ‘em. Hey, ABC, give us at least a season six so the show gets a class send-off. B&S for the win (I hope!)

Comment by lindgal – March 18, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Count me in as someone who enjoys watching both shows! This match up however, was a no brainer. Parenthood is far superior over Brothers And Sisters these days. You need only watch the latest two episodes of Parenthood to see how amazing this show is both in writing and acting. If Peter Krause is not nominated for an emmy I will be so upset! What a performance he gave in the latest episode where Max finds out he has Asbergers! Parenthood is TV’s best show these days and deserves a third season!

Comment by PGP – March 18, 2011 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B&S all the way.

Comment by Anna – March 19, 2011 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BROTHERS & SISTERS <3

Comment by Rui – March 19, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD, the best show network TV has to offer. The cast is just soooooo good and the guest stars are great. We need another year of PARENTHOOD.

Comment by Donna – March 19, 2011 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood. I use to love Brothers and Sisters but it got so bad that I had to stop watching. Parenthood is fresh and still in its prime. It wuld be a shame to see it go.

Comment by Kris – March 19, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What…? Season 5 of Brothers & Sisters has been absolutely amazing this far!

Comment by Sara – March 19, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers And Sisters may be past its prime; but my problem with Parenthood is Dax Shepard kicks of a visceral level of disgust that I usually reserve for John Noble and Michael Cera.

Comment by Anna – March 19, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers & Sisters. While this season hasn’t been as shiny without Robert, Parenthood is almost a rip-off of B&S, without as stellar a cast, or as interesting storylines.

Comment by Lexie – March 19, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B&S…please, keep Luke Macfarlane on weekly tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Molly – March 19, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based wholly on this season Parenthood hands down. Sorry but Brothers and Sisters slipped big time this season even though i still love it the writing sucked.

However why did it have to be these shows clashing in the Quarters!

Comment by Guy – March 19, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would like to see Brothers and Sisters stick around. Has been a hit and miss season but still has potential. Anyhow, hasn’t it been announced that Parenthood has been renewed?

Comment by andrew – March 19, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers & Sisters all the way!! The cast is way better than the cast of Parenthood! Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, Matthew Rhys… and it has more viewers thank Parenthood !!! So I guess it would be renewed! =)

Comment by Francesco – March 19, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bros and sisters is terrible,so dull and boring. I stopped watching it..parenthood is very good….hope it continues..

Comment by suzie – March 19, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never watched either of these, but I just realized this is Brenda Chenowith against Nate Fisher.

Comment by Michelle R. – March 19, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B&S of course…they’ve captured my heart fr a season 1 n till now…no matter what their storylines is,i still love this show more n more everyday…especially kevin & scotty story…always love both of them so much…HOPE B&S GET RENEWAL 4 SEASON 6…really really hope…please…this show is really great…pls continued it!!i’m looking forward to it.

Comment by Adibah Idris – March 19, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT DOUBT! “BROTHERS & SISTERS” Should Be Renew, Of Course! We Need The Walkers One More Season!

Comment by Javier – March 19, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Walkers! We Love U! And The Winner is…”BROTHERS & SISTERS”!!!

Comment by Oswald – March 19, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • parenthood is such a wonderful show!!!

Comment by mart – March 20, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post