90210 Pregnancy Mystery: Who's About to Break Some Big Baby News?

As I exclusively revealed on my Facebook page Wednesday, a major character on 90210 will announce that she’s expecting in the May 16 season finale. Who’ll be sporting a baby bump come fall? Let’s examine some of the pro/con arguments for each of the prime suspects.

Debbie
Pro: The show’s quasi-matriarch is currently robbing the cradle with Mr. Matthews, and, coincidentally, they’re both heading for the hills in the finale. What better parting gift than a visit from the stork?
Con: No offense to the youthful looking Lori Loughlin, but I think Deb’s childbearing window closed a few years ago.

Annie
Pro: It would certainly come as a surprise. Not necessarily an exciting surprise…
Con: Annie is already the whiniest girl at West Bev. Can you imagine what she’d be like with all those hormones?

Ivy
Pro: She can’t have Raj — at least not long-term — so this would be the next best thing.
Con: Let’s be real: Ivy’s more likely to give birth to a bong than a baby.

Naomi
Pro: Her interaction with her nephew has proven that the privileged vixen has a maternal side. Also, could you imagine Naomi’s take on maternity fashion?
Con: This would take the Redemption of Naomi a little too far. We’re fine with her geeking out over a nerd, but a pregnancy? That’d be pushing it.

Silver
Pro: A baby with Navid would certainly raise the stakes in her nasty feud with onetime teen mom Adrianna.
Con: Producers would have to figure out a way to bring sister Kelly back for the birth, and I don’t see Jennie Garth returning anytime soon. That’s hardly an insurmountable con though.

Adrianna
Pro: A baby with her ex would give the Silver/Navid/Adrianna triangle some serious legs, literally and figuratively.
Con: Adrianna’s been there done that.

Tags: ,

Comments (34)

• The Silver “con” especially might not be as big a deal anymore now that Rebecca Kirshner is gone ;)

Comment by George – March 18, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What do you mean by that? Do you mean Jennie Garth and Rebecca Kirshner had problems? Do dish!

Comment by Jenna – March 26, 2011 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I hope that Silver is going to be pregnant, just so that Jennie Garth will have to appear again :P

Comment by Donald – March 27, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh ANOTHER pregnancy storyline? Here’s hoping its Debbie because one of the kids getting pregnant would just be too “been there done that” considering Adrianna’s pregnancy during season 1.

Comment by FH14 – March 18, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. I can’t believe that they are doing another pregnancy storyline in the first place. Like really? First Adrianna, then Jen. VERY been there, done that for the whole series. I hope they find some way out of this storyline, cause I don’t see any fans actually liking this one. I mean, they honestly could not come up with anything else for the finale? The season one finale is the best finale so far.

Comment by Ryan – March 18, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG I know right? Who does this show think it is? Secret Life of the American Teenager?

Comment by Jesse – March 20, 2011 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You gave it away in Ask Ausiello a couple weeks ago – it’s Naomi. You said because of what happens, Max is sticking around for a while. She gets pregnant.

Comment by Alex – March 18, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Naomi. Obviously. Hence the reason Max is sticking around next season….yep, Naomi.

Comment by Mairead – March 18, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What would of been a more dramatic plotline is if Naomi got pregnant from Mr. Canon and had to decide whether she could handle keeping that baby or not, but it’s too late for that. I guess teen pregnancy has already been done on this show, but not with a character who kept the baby, which I’m sure will happen this time around. I bet Silver or Ivy. Naomi is doubtful (since it is too late to be pregnant by Canon) since she’s already had enough drama lately. And I was just staring to like Annie this season, so I’m hoping it isn’t her.

Comment by Sam – March 18, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adrianna could pretend she’s pregnant w/Navid’s baby.

But I agree with Ausiello. It won’t be Silver ’cause Kelly wouldn’t miss that birth.

Comment by Jamie – March 18, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The birth doesn’t have to actually happen. Character could easily miscarry.

Comment by Jenna – March 26, 2011 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is Ivy…isn’t she getting married towards the end of the season?

Comment by Hannah – March 18, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s probably going to marry Raj, who will then die. Very A Walk to Remember.

Comment by Jenna – March 26, 2011 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Naomi – the Max comment and I just can’t see the others with a baby. Although Silver would be interesting…

Comment by Sladewilson – March 18, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My intuition tells me it’s Naomi. Second choice would be Silver and third Annie.

Comment by Ingmar – March 18, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s not Silver I secretly hope she will be back with Dixon sooner or later!
    I can’t stand Navid is probably the more useless character thanks to Silver and Adrianna to give him a storyline!
    Anyway I think it’s Debbie because I can’t see one of the girls to be pregnant maybe Ade but like you said “Adrianna’s been there done that.”

Comment by melissa – March 18, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree, navid is a nice character. He’s different then the others, being a bit geeky and not so hot but he is fun. Dixon on the other hand is the most boring character. I’d be glad to see him go but i guess thar won’t happen anytime soon.
    I wish it were debbie so it would give a nice parting for the adults. But this wouldn’t be such a shock. So i think it will be naomi… Although i’d like to see her deal with just normal romance for once. I’m a fan of her and max

Comment by Sophie – March 18, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its Annie du!! Have u ppl not watched this show. Its so obvious.

Comment by sara – March 18, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Ivy. She marries Raj, he dies, and then she finds out she’s pregnant with his child. Tragic teen love.

Comment by Kris – March 18, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read somewhere awhile ago, I think Ausiello reported it, that Max would be around next season due to a big surprise or something along that lines. My guess is that Naomi is the one with child.

Comment by Mandy – March 18, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • probably Ivy, she is getting married in the finale after all.

Comment by t.t – March 18, 2011 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So first we do another coming out story and now another pregnancy. Let’s all reprise Adrianna’s story lines…. Who’s up for a singing career?

Comment by AngrodT – March 19, 2011 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Adrianna’s storyline was hardly a “coming out” story. Adrianna is needy and insecure and will generally be with anyone who makes her feel beautiful and loved. She is not actually gay.

Comment by Jenna – March 26, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • saying that one is pregnant and actually being pregnant is a difference… i doubt someone is REALLY pregnant!

Comment by WTF – March 20, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just how bad Sinclair is. Another pregnancy storyline. -.-

Well I do think it’s Naomi, but why do you have another one of these high school girls pregnant? Adrianna’s story was already so hard to watch and now we have to deal with this topic again!?

I’m so glad when Sinclair is gone. Maybe then this show is finally watchable again.

Comment by Dennis – March 20, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that more people like the pregnancy story line than they care to admit. It’s not like they’re pulling a Secret Life on us; they took it way too far. I, for one, am unashamed to admit that I’d like to see people’s reactions, even if only from Ryan and Debbie for one episode.

Comment by KK – March 20, 2011 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think its naomi.. 1. Jen has already been there done that! plus with Ryan leaving Jen nowhere they may shove Jack/Jacques into her arms but that’s not the same as being preggers
    2. If anyone remembers long back, Naomi told Ade that she should not have the child and she always is careful etc!
    3. Naomi has the hottest body (Abs) on the show.. who wants to see her turn into a beach ball
    Could be debbie, maybe she and ryan decide to settle elsewhere and raise jack and the other child together
    rest – not sure but wont be Ade

Although if this is just pretense pregnancy i think it will be Ade pretending to carry Navid’s child

Comment by lillian – March 21, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate baby storylines…they’re show-killers. See: Murphy Brown.

Comment by Jason – March 21, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll bet that the major character here isnt any one of them… but, the crazy mom of Ivy, too bad that wont be from my dear british.

Comment by PEL_BH – March 23, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s probably gonna be Debbie, what with her and mr matthews and all…besides they most likely wouldn’t want to repeat the whole teen pregnancy thing.. but that is just boring… as would be Ade pretending to have a bun in the oven to get Navid back.. i would like to see Ivy pregnant, that would be somethin

Comment by brooke0912 – March 25, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210 already has enough drama but whatever comes next will be anticipated by all of us fans. we can’t wait to know which character it is and even if this WILL happen. anything is possible at west bev.!!
    it probably wont be ADRIANNA!
    but it would be quite a twist if this happened to adrianna making her navid get back together. As long as its not Naomi,then Its OKAY!!!
    Ivy? hmmm,maybe
    Annie? Nooo
    Adrianna? There’s a chance
    Silver? Without kelly? NOT POSSIBLE!
    lets wait and see!!

Comment by 90210-Fan – March 26, 2011 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annie – I would love it! Did she ever sleep with Liam’s brother? I know she did with Liam, and I for one would love to see a Liam & Annie baby! :)
    Naomi – Please no! Let her have a carefree life for a bit. I think Max is going to stick around b/c Naomi and him are finally going to come out to all their friends. Right now they are hiding it from everyone, so them coming out would solidify him a spot in next season. Let’s not jump the shark and make the preggers as well.
    Silver – Eh, it’d be tragic b/c of the fact that she took Navid from Adrianna, but boring.
    Adrianna – I can most definitely see her giving everyone a scare and saying she’s pregnant, then next season we find out she really isn’t. Although, that’s really predictable of her character at this point, so maybe not.
    Ivy – She’s getting married … I don’t think they would overload her with a baby too.

Comment by Kristen – March 30, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the promo Michael Stegar (Navid) shot for the “Cw spoiler room” he said that alot is still going on between Adrianna and Navid that could make or break the navid/silver relationship. Could it be a baby ?

Comment by Emma – April 6, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post