Exclusive

90210 Pregnancy Mystery: Who's About to Break Some Big Baby News?

As I exclusively revealed on my Facebook page Wednesday, a major character on 90210 will announce that she’s expecting in the May 16 season finale. Who’ll be sporting a baby bump come fall? Let’s examine some of the pro/con arguments for each of the prime suspects.

Debbie
Pro: The show’s quasi-matriarch is currently robbing the cradle with Mr. Matthews, and, coincidentally, they’re both heading for the hills in the finale. What better parting gift than a visit from the stork?
Con: No offense to the youthful looking Lori Loughlin, but I think Deb’s childbearing window closed a few years ago.

Annie
Pro: It would certainly come as a surprise. Not necessarily an exciting surprise…
Con: Annie is already the whiniest girl at West Bev. Can you imagine what she’d be like with all those hormones?

Ivy
Pro: She can’t have Raj — at least not long-term — so this would be the next best thing.
Con: Let’s be real: Ivy’s more likely to give birth to a bong than a baby.

Naomi
Pro: Her interaction with her nephew has proven that the privileged vixen has a maternal side. Also, could you imagine Naomi’s take on maternity fashion?
Con: This would take the Redemption of Naomi a little too far. We’re fine with her geeking out over a nerd, but a pregnancy? That’d be pushing it.

Silver
Pro: A baby with Navid would certainly raise the stakes in her nasty feud with onetime teen mom Adrianna.
Con: Producers would have to figure out a way to bring sister Kelly back for the birth, and I don’t see Jennie Garth returning anytime soon. That’s hardly an insurmountable con though.

Adrianna
Pro: A baby with her ex would give the Silver/Navid/Adrianna triangle some serious legs, literally and figuratively.
Con: Adrianna’s been there done that.

1. George says:

The Silver “con” especially might not be as big a deal anymore now that Rebecca Kirshner is gone ;)

2. FH14 says:

Ugh ANOTHER pregnancy storyline? Here’s hoping its Debbie because one of the kids getting pregnant would just be too “been there done that” considering Adrianna’s pregnancy during season 1.

• Ryan says:

Completely agree. I can’t believe that they are doing another pregnancy storyline in the first place. Like really? First Adrianna, then Jen. VERY been there, done that for the whole series. I hope they find some way out of this storyline, cause I don’t see any fans actually liking this one. I mean, they honestly could not come up with anything else for the finale? The season one finale is the best finale so far.

• Jesse says:

OMG I know right? Who does this show think it is? Secret Life of the American Teenager?

3. Alex says:

You gave it away in Ask Ausiello a couple weeks ago – it’s Naomi. You said because of what happens, Max is sticking around for a while. She gets pregnant.

4. Mairead says:

It’s Naomi. Obviously. Hence the reason Max is sticking around next season….yep, Naomi.

5. Sam says:

What would of been a more dramatic plotline is if Naomi got pregnant from Mr. Canon and had to decide whether she could handle keeping that baby or not, but it’s too late for that. I guess teen pregnancy has already been done on this show, but not with a character who kept the baby, which I’m sure will happen this time around. I bet Silver or Ivy. Naomi is doubtful (since it is too late to be pregnant by Canon) since she’s already had enough drama lately. And I was just staring to like Annie this season, so I’m hoping it isn’t her.

6. Jamie says:

Adrianna could pretend she’s pregnant w/Navid’s baby.

But I agree with Ausiello. It won’t be Silver ’cause Kelly wouldn’t miss that birth.

7. Hannah says:

I think it is Ivy…isn’t she getting married towards the end of the season?

8. Sladewilson says:

Naomi – the Max comment and I just can’t see the others with a baby. Although Silver would be interesting…

9. Ingmar says:

My intuition tells me it’s Naomi. Second choice would be Silver and third Annie.

10. melissa says:

I hope it’s not Silver I secretly hope she will be back with Dixon sooner or later!
    I can’t stand Navid is probably the more useless character thanks to Silver and Adrianna to give him a storyline!
    Anyway I think it’s Debbie because I can’t see one of the girls to be pregnant maybe Ade but like you said “Adrianna’s been there done that.”

11. Sophie says:

I disagree, navid is a nice character. He’s different then the others, being a bit geeky and not so hot but he is fun. Dixon on the other hand is the most boring character. I’d be glad to see him go but i guess thar won’t happen anytime soon.
    I wish it were debbie so it would give a nice parting for the adults. But this wouldn’t be such a shock. So i think it will be naomi… Although i’d like to see her deal with just normal romance for once. I’m a fan of her and max

12. sara says:

Its Annie du!! Have u ppl not watched this show. Its so obvious.

13. Kris says:

My guess is Ivy. She marries Raj, he dies, and then she finds out she’s pregnant with his child. Tragic teen love.

14. Mandy says:

I read somewhere awhile ago, I think Ausiello reported it, that Max would be around next season due to a big surprise or something along that lines. My guess is that Naomi is the one with child.

15. t.t says:

probably Ivy, she is getting married in the finale after all.

16. AngrodT says:

So first we do another coming out story and now another pregnancy. Let’s all reprise Adrianna’s story lines…. Who’s up for a singing career?

• Jenna says:

Adrianna’s storyline was hardly a “coming out” story. Adrianna is needy and insecure and will generally be with anyone who makes her feel beautiful and loved. She is not actually gay.

17. WTF says:

saying that one is pregnant and actually being pregnant is a difference… i doubt someone is REALLY pregnant!

18. Dennis says:

This is just how bad Sinclair is. Another pregnancy storyline. -.-

Well I do think it’s Naomi, but why do you have another one of these high school girls pregnant? Adrianna’s story was already so hard to watch and now we have to deal with this topic again!?

I’m so glad when Sinclair is gone. Maybe then this show is finally watchable again.

19. KK says:

I think that more people like the pregnancy story line than they care to admit. It’s not like they’re pulling a Secret Life on us; they took it way too far. I, for one, am unashamed to admit that I’d like to see people’s reactions, even if only from Ryan and Debbie for one episode.

20. lillian says:

I don’t think its naomi.. 1. Jen has already been there done that! plus with Ryan leaving Jen nowhere they may shove Jack/Jacques into her arms but that’s not the same as being preggers
    2. If anyone remembers long back, Naomi told Ade that she should not have the child and she always is careful etc!
    3. Naomi has the hottest body (Abs) on the show.. who wants to see her turn into a beach ball
    Could be debbie, maybe she and ryan decide to settle elsewhere and raise jack and the other child together
    rest – not sure but wont be Ade

Although if this is just pretense pregnancy i think it will be Ade pretending to carry Navid’s child

21. Jason says:

I hate baby storylines…they’re show-killers. See: Murphy Brown.

22. PEL_BH says:

I’ll bet that the major character here isnt any one of them… but, the crazy mom of Ivy, too bad that wont be from my dear british.

23. brooke0912 says:

it’s probably gonna be Debbie, what with her and mr matthews and all…besides they most likely wouldn’t want to repeat the whole teen pregnancy thing.. but that is just boring… as would be Ade pretending to have a bun in the oven to get Navid back.. i would like to see Ivy pregnant, that would be somethin

24. 90210-Fan says:

90210 already has enough drama but whatever comes next will be anticipated by all of us fans. we can’t wait to know which character it is and even if this WILL happen. anything is possible at west bev.!!
    it probably wont be ADRIANNA!
    but it would be quite a twist if this happened to adrianna making her navid get back together. As long as its not Naomi,then Its OKAY!!!
    Ivy? hmmm,maybe
    Annie? Nooo
    Adrianna? There’s a chance
    Silver? Without kelly? NOT POSSIBLE!
    lets wait and see!!

25. Kristen says:

Annie – I would love it! Did she ever sleep with Liam’s brother? I know she did with Liam, and I for one would love to see a Liam & Annie baby! :)
    Naomi – Please no! Let her have a carefree life for a bit. I think Max is going to stick around b/c Naomi and him are finally going to come out to all their friends. Right now they are hiding it from everyone, so them coming out would solidify him a spot in next season. Let’s not jump the shark and make the preggers as well.
    Silver – Eh, it’d be tragic b/c of the fact that she took Navid from Adrianna, but boring.
    Adrianna – I can most definitely see her giving everyone a scare and saying she’s pregnant, then next season we find out she really isn’t. Although, that’s really predictable of her character at this point, so maybe not.
    Ivy – She’s getting married … I don’t think they would overload her with a baby too.

26. Emma says:

In the promo Michael Stegar (Navid) shot for the “Cw spoiler room” he said that alot is still going on between Adrianna and Navid that could make or break the navid/silver relationship. Could it be a baby ?