Fringe Exclusive First Look Video: The Fight to Extract William From Olivia Begins!

Fringe fans let out a collective gasp in the final moments of last Friday’s episode when William Bell returned from the dead in Olivia Dunham’s body! But no one was more surprised by the unorthodox resurrection than Anna Torv herself.

The actress — who has already been tasked this season with juggling the dual roles of Olivia and Fauxlivia — admitted this morning to TVLine’s Matt Mitovich that adding a third personality to her repertoire “was not [a challenge] that I had been asking for!”

The fact that the new role involved channeling a sci-fi legend by the name of Leonard Nimoy made it all the more intimidating. “I was in shock for the first day,” Torv confesses. “I think I hyperventilated — and then I called John Noble [Walter] to say, ‘Can you please help me?’ I wanted to know what he thought, and what that [Walter/William] relationship was like. Plus, John is such a sweetheart, a lovely person to ask.”

The research paid off. The following exclusive clip from this week’s episode (Friday 9/8c) — which finds Walter and Peter reeling from William’s brazen body snatching — is proof of that. But don’t take my word for it. Press play and see for yourself.

Tags: , ,

Comments (69)

• Honestly Anna Torv why haven’t you be nominated for an Emmy yet? Between playing our Olivia,Fauxlivia and now Bell. Last weeks episode had be falling off my bed and almost breaking my laptop. So glad I’ve stuck with this show since the beginning. This season keeps getting better. And we get to meet our version of Lincoln Lee, should be interesting to see him. Can’t wait for Friday night.

Comment by Geff – March 17, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We just got our team back and now this. SO glad Peter wanted to know how to get our Olivia back. I know Walter is excited to have Bell back but was disappointed at least in that clip no concern for Olivia. Kudos to Anna Torv. The voice and mannerisms are so amazing.

Comment by Kelly – March 17, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she says “fascinating”

Comment by MST3K – March 17, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like it’s time for an observer intervention. Or maybe Bell gets to inhabit a shapeshifter or the machine….

Comment by Bob Singer – March 17, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is/was there a faux Bellie?

Comment by Bob Singer – March 17, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome.

Comment by Sourabh – March 17, 2011 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bell should go into Brandon, he’s too valuable and Brandon hasn’t been doing much lately =P

Comment by I Dnt KNow – March 18, 2011 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think tonight’s episode is going to have a lot of funny moments :) I can’t wait. You’re awesome Anna Torv!

Comment by Fringee – March 18, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, i am pretty sure it will have a lot of funny but awkward moments in tonight episode, let’s see.

Comment by Christine lee – March 18, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me either, i want Olivia bace as fast as possible, hope and love to see the scene of Peter and Olivia(the real Olivia)together。

Comment by Christine lee – March 18, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me either, i want Olivia back as soon as possible, hope and love to see the scene of Peter and Olivia(the real Olivia)together。

Comment by Christine lee – March 18, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I’m glad to hear she did attempt to research LM as Bell to try to get it right. She didn’t come remotely close, but she tried? Egads, I just can’t! Why did they let her do that insane affected roboto impression?!

Comment by Nina – March 20, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post