Fringe Exclusive First Look Video: The Fight to Extract William From Olivia Begins!

Fringe fans let out a collective gasp in the final moments of last Friday’s episode when William Bell returned from the dead in Olivia Dunham’s body! But no one was more surprised by the unorthodox resurrection than Anna Torv herself.

The actress — who has already been tasked this season with juggling the dual roles of Olivia and Fauxlivia — admitted this morning to TVLine’s Matt Mitovich that adding a third personality to her repertoire “was not [a challenge] that I had been asking for!”

The fact that the new role involved channeling a sci-fi legend by the name of Leonard Nimoy made it all the more intimidating. “I was in shock for the first day,” Torv confesses. “I think I hyperventilated — and then I called John Noble [Walter] to say, ‘Can you please help me?’ I wanted to know what he thought, and what that [Walter/William] relationship was like. Plus, John is such a sweetheart, a lovely person to ask.”

The research paid off. The following exclusive clip from this week’s episode (Friday 9/8c) — which finds Walter and Peter reeling from William’s brazen body snatching — is proof of that. But don’t take my word for it. Press play and see for yourself.

Tags: , ,

Comments (69)

• oh, that looks simply awesome!

Comment by allie – March 17, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks like an awesome episode.

Comment by Jones19 – March 17, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome.

But I want Olivia back.

Need more peter and olivia scenes where its normal and not someone else being olivia.

Comment by kelly – March 17, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly how I feel… I haven’t really gotten a chance… How the hell are they suppose to fall in love? How is he suppose to pick her?

Comment by Asa – March 18, 2011 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol, I was kinda freaked by the last moments of the previous episode when Olivia donned the new ‘voice’ but it looks like it’ll be kinda funny too this episode!

Gosh, Olivia is beautiful, even with a freaky mans voice. lol. :D

Comment by AmTechFox – March 17, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO Peter!!!

Comment by collectivesoul – March 17, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Olivia. People just will not leave her alone! Lol. But Anna Torv is amazing, and she is doing a great job with her “William Bell”. I am excited to see where it is all headed. I feel bad for Peter too though, with all the crap he’s had to deal with with Fauxlivia and now this. Hopefully he gets her back soon. I’m looking forward to seeing her true reaction to Peter’s “secret”.

Comment by Mikaylah – March 17, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People were worried that her Bell was going to be cheesy. I find it amazing. Calling Broyles “young man” haha!

But Walter’s indifference to Olivia is just plain terrible… They talk about Peter as if he were a thing, and discount his concern for the woman he loves.

Broyles gets props for caring about Olivia.

Comment by collectivesoul – March 17, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I still think they should do a voice over with someone that impersanats him better if not Lenard Nemoy himself. Just my opinion. No haters I love Olivia too. I just think it would have been more freaky is all.

Comment by Julianna Hart – March 17, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree. Bells voice should have been dubbed. Olivia’s ‘man voice’ just makes it seem kind of silly. This is my all time favorite show..I wish they would had dubbed the voice right away.

Comment by Lynne – March 18, 2011 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • NO, that wouldn’t be realistic. If your brain/personality are being hosted in another person’s body, then you must have their voice. Your voice is a reflection of your body, and that body is gone. But I love how the voice characteristics remain. I think Anna is doing a wonderful job. So infuriating that actors win awards for lesser dramas, and Anna and John Noble are overlooked just because they’re in a genre show.
          I wonder if Joshua Jackson feels that his challenges are so much less? Peter is a great role, but I wonder if he would like to do an alt version as well?

Comment by Shania – March 18, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Only con to that is the fact that Peter is the alt. The Peter originally in our universe died, remember?
            I feel bad for Torv. She’s got to play three characters who are totally different in nature, while I think the max the others have is two.
            Where the heck did they put Olivia?

Comment by A. Bet – March 21, 2011 07:06 PM PDT
  • “You have my word…..young man” I loved it!! Can’t wait for tomorrow night!!

Comment by Linda – March 17, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought I was going to hate this, but she’s doing pretty damn good!

It’s all in the pacing of the line delivery. Quite Nimoyesque.

Comment by Daniel2 – March 17, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna is so brilliant!!
    This is going to be another fantastic episode!!

Comment by Anjali – March 17, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited….this is getting so good. This is proving that fringe is still one of the best shows on tv.

Comment by veronica – March 17, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • La mejor serie, sin duda alguna. Espero que los productores de la serie no la cancelen.

Comment by Dany – March 17, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting plot twist… no doubt about it. I can’t wait to see how it’s resolved this week. FOX… DON’T YOU DARE CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!

Comment by John Zaffino – March 17, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What else Anna Torv can not do? I bet nothing! She is beyond great now.

Comment by Brooklyn – March 17, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With that mind in THAT body, this is the perfect girl — I wonder if Bell lifts up his/her shirt and just gazes into the mirror… LOL ;-)

Comment by tobeornottobe – March 17, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bah da bah bah bah….im lovin it! love where fringe is headed! Kudos to the writers of this great show!

Comment by Lee – March 17, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe has morphed to a higher level and I can’t wait until tomorrow !!

Comment by Ted Powers – March 17, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is all really interesting but i still cant get over Fauxlivia being pregnant with Peter’s baby, and im biting nails and hoping in every episode to see what hapens next in that regard, hands up to the writers of this screenplay, what a twist in an already very twisted but great story!!!!

Comment by Cecilna – March 17, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is so great this season – what a weird but suitable twist – pleeease don’t cancel this show, you Fox people! we lost Firefly, X Files, Angel, might loose Chuck – don’t take Fringe!

Comment by coffeewoman58 – March 17, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So freaking cool!!!!!! Its a great show FOX… don´t you dare…..

Comment by fertallica – March 17, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol Anna Torv is just brilliant ! :D Fantastic delivery !

Comment by angelstorm – March 17, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, I wonder if they’ll transfer Bell into Lincoln?

Comment by Michelle – March 17, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I fell off my sofa watching the final seconds of last week’s episode. I think we’ve only begun to see a small slice of what an amazing actress Anna Torv really is. This show – and the people who put it together – cast, crew, producers – are all amazing. Hope it goes at least ten seasons!

Comment by aegisprime – March 17, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …and this is why Fringe is the best show on TV after Justified of course!!!

Comment by luke – March 17, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it. This should be awesome.

Comment by Nashid – March 17, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should remove him and have him manifest as a young version of himself, since Leonerd is no longer acting. they could get Zachary Quinto!

Comment by beast – March 17, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some “Fringe”!

Comment by Carrie – March 17, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love the ideas that the writers are filling the story lines, all the unknowns, occult, paranormal, anything & everything is possible.

Comment by Leana – March 17, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love anna torv!!! and i love fringe!!!!!
    FOX PLEASE RENEW FRINGE!!!!!!!!

Comment by Cody Gude – March 17, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember when Fringe had just started and people were mumbling about Anna Torv’s dead pan (some saying “boring”) take on Olivia. Little did we know that her inward uptight nature was just a shell waiting to crack and let her character(s) (and actress) truly shine. What Anna’s been doing this past couple seasons is worthy of an award. She had me sold on her American accent/personality from the get go but then adding Faux Olivia and NOW THIS?!! The girl is simply amazing. Also talk about a great plot twist and an absolutely clever way in bringing William Bell back from the beyond (and retirement). This show just keeps getting better and better each season. My tin foil hat off to everyone involved. Can’t wait :)

Comment by Mau-Dee – March 17, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna may have been intimidated but that didn’t mean she wasn’t more than up to the task of “being” Nimoy/Bell.A testiment to her abilities and to the Fringe writers and production crew for coming up with it.This show must be saved.Fox really needs to give this show a chance to tell it’s story.

Comment by David – March 17, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Olivia… of all the people why her. Are you sure it ain’t because of the childhood experiments? In that case I think it should be hard to drive Bell out of her brain…

Comment by elie – March 17, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t see the video from my country, someone can post it on youtube and give a link for it?

Comment by Rei – March 17, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PETER:STOP!! …. I wanna know how to get olivia back
    haha yay!! to peter frustration

Comment by Fall – March 17, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here on brazil, Fauxlivia is “B”olivia!

Comment by wagner – March 17, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now the story has gotten back to it’s Fringe roots!

Comment by Tony – March 17, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is by far, the BEST show on TV (with Chuck being a VERY close second). If you cancel either of these shows, I swear I’ll boycott everything else on Fox.

That said, I loved the return of Bell. I’ve been expecting the writers to bring him back somehow ever since he sacrificed himself, and when Walter rang the ‘Bell’, I knew immediately that it was going to be Olivia. There was really no other choice that made sense since she is so tuned to both universes as Bell was. Absolutely awesome storyline, as is Faux-Olivia’s pregnancy to Peter. All the makings of another mind-bending season!

Comment by Bill – March 17, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brain fart there. Of course Chuck isn’t on Fox, but it’s still a great show. Maybe if NBC cancels Chuck, Fox could pick it up!? Just a thought. ;)

Comment by Bill – March 17, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go ‘Bellivia!!!’
    Go Anna Torv!!!

Comment by Ed – March 17, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If she was so surprised I guess it means she did NOT see Star Trek III The Search For Spock.

Comment by Don – March 17, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So how many people does Anna Torv have to slip into to get that Emmy nomination? She’s KILLING it this season!

Comment by Emily – March 17, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OmiGod
    I can’t wait to watch this episode! At first, i thought, this is too ridiculous, even for fringe….but now, I’m loving it

Comment by Dessy – March 17, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Anna Torv just get an Emmy for this season already? And when is John Noble getting his long overdue Emmy?

Comment by Vivian – March 17, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This reminds me of the “Gilligan’s Island” episode where the Skipper and Ginger switch bodies. Freaky! Hope there not “jumping the shark” with this one. We’ll see.

Comment by AlfromGboro – March 17, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha i love this. Anna Torv is amazing for one thing her impression is dead on. This episode looks funning but its also embracing the true fringe roots as well. I can’t wait. (plus i love Peter saying he wants Olivia back. So cute :)

Comment by Anna – March 17, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this episode would have been more suitable to have called “Immortality” because essentially, if people can do what Bell has done, anyone can live forever. Very interesting!

I love Peter’s reaction in this clip!! I would be livid at Walter for being *happy* that Bell’s taken over Olivia’s body–and at what consequences, too?? I can understand how Walter would feel excited and relieved to have his best friend back, especially if he can help with the situation now…but at what cost? Will Olivia be okay in the end? Maybe she’ll keep some of mannerisms. lol Can’t wait to see how this season unfolds!

Comment by Rekka – March 17, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwn he wants to get Olivia back :’)

Comment by anamuller – March 17, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rockin clip/portrayal. But I DO want to see the REAL O back!

And yes, FOX, please renew Fringe!

Comment by Mike 'Stu' Stuhler – March 17, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE….is the best show ever…love the twists and turns….never miss an eposide ….the only show I make SURE I watch every week !!

Comment by Wendy Women – March 17, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Wendy Women – March 17, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m CRAZY to see that episode, but OK, i’m gonna laugh until i die with Torv’s voice, she is sooo good.

Comment by Juliana – March 17, 2011 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well a very interesting show indeed in store. Willivia is determined, let’s see where that leads. Walter is happy for the reunion and probably thinks there’s nothing strange about it. But poor Peter once again has to deal with the Universe playing tricks on him and will not lose Olivia again.

Comment by Lelle4life – March 17, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post