Exclusive

Fringe Exclusive First Look Video: The Fight to Extract William From Olivia Begins!

Fringe fans let out a collective gasp in the final moments of last Friday’s episode when William Bell returned from the dead in Olivia Dunham’s body! But no one was more surprised by the unorthodox resurrection than Anna Torv herself.

The actress — who has already been tasked this season with juggling the dual roles of Olivia and Fauxlivia — admitted this morning to TVLine’s Matt Mitovich that adding a third personality to her repertoire “was not [a challenge] that I had been asking for!”

The fact that the new role involved channeling a sci-fi legend by the name of Leonard Nimoy made it all the more intimidating. “I was in shock for the first day,” Torv confesses. “I think I hyperventilated — and then I called John Noble [Walter] to say, ‘Can you please help me?’ I wanted to know what he thought, and what that [Walter/William] relationship was like. Plus, John is such a sweetheart, a lovely person to ask.”

The research paid off. The following exclusive clip from this week’s episode (Friday 9/8c) — which finds Walter and Peter reeling from William’s brazen body snatching — is proof of that. But don’t take my word for it. Press play and see for yourself.

1. allie says:

oh, that looks simply awesome!

2. Jones19 says:

This looks like an awesome episode.

3. kelly says:

Awesome.

But I want Olivia back.

Need more peter and olivia scenes where its normal and not someone else being olivia.

• Asa says:

That’s exactly how I feel… I haven’t really gotten a chance… How the hell are they suppose to fall in love? How is he suppose to pick her?

4. AmTechFox says:

lol, I was kinda freaked by the last moments of the previous episode when Olivia donned the new ‘voice’ but it looks like it’ll be kinda funny too this episode!

Gosh, Olivia is beautiful, even with a freaky mans voice. lol. :D

5. collectivesoul says:

GO Peter!!!

6. Mikaylah says:

Poor Olivia. People just will not leave her alone! Lol. But Anna Torv is amazing, and she is doing a great job with her “William Bell”. I am excited to see where it is all headed. I feel bad for Peter too though, with all the crap he’s had to deal with with Fauxlivia and now this. Hopefully he gets her back soon. I’m looking forward to seeing her true reaction to Peter’s “secret”.

• collectivesoul says:

People were worried that her Bell was going to be cheesy. I find it amazing. Calling Broyles “young man” haha!

But Walter’s indifference to Olivia is just plain terrible… They talk about Peter as if he were a thing, and discount his concern for the woman he loves.

Broyles gets props for caring about Olivia.

• Julianna Hart says:

I still think they should do a voice over with someone that impersanats him better if not Lenard Nemoy himself. Just my opinion. No haters I love Olivia too. I just think it would have been more freaky is all.

• Lynne says:

I totally agree. Bells voice should have been dubbed. Olivia’s ‘man voice’ just makes it seem kind of silly. This is my all time favorite show..I wish they would had dubbed the voice right away.

• Shania says:

NO, that wouldn’t be realistic. If your brain/personality are being hosted in another person’s body, then you must have their voice. Your voice is a reflection of your body, and that body is gone. But I love how the voice characteristics remain. I think Anna is doing a wonderful job. So infuriating that actors win awards for lesser dramas, and Anna and John Noble are overlooked just because they’re in a genre show.
          I wonder if Joshua Jackson feels that his challenges are so much less? Peter is a great role, but I wonder if he would like to do an alt version as well?

• A. Bet says:

Only con to that is the fact that Peter is the alt. The Peter originally in our universe died, remember?
            I feel bad for Torv. She’s got to play three characters who are totally different in nature, while I think the max the others have is two.
            Where the heck did they put Olivia?

7. Linda says:

“You have my word…..young man” I loved it!! Can’t wait for tomorrow night!!

8. Daniel2 says:

I thought I was going to hate this, but she’s doing pretty damn good!

It’s all in the pacing of the line delivery. Quite Nimoyesque.

9. Anjali says:

Anna is so brilliant!!
    This is going to be another fantastic episode!!

10. veronica says:

So excited….this is getting so good. This is proving that fringe is still one of the best shows on tv.

11. Dany says:

La mejor serie, sin duda alguna. Espero que los productores de la serie no la cancelen.

12. John Zaffino says:

Interesting plot twist… no doubt about it. I can’t wait to see how it’s resolved this week. FOX… DON’T YOU DARE CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!

13. Brooklyn says:

What else Anna Torv can not do? I bet nothing! She is beyond great now.

14. tobeornottobe says:

With that mind in THAT body, this is the perfect girl — I wonder if Bell lifts up his/her shirt and just gazes into the mirror… LOL ;-)

15. Lee says:

Bah da bah bah bah….im lovin it! love where fringe is headed! Kudos to the writers of this great show!

16. Ted Powers says:

Fringe has morphed to a higher level and I can’t wait until tomorrow !!

17. Cecilna says:

This is all really interesting but i still cant get over Fauxlivia being pregnant with Peter’s baby, and im biting nails and hoping in every episode to see what hapens next in that regard, hands up to the writers of this screenplay, what a twist in an already very twisted but great story!!!!

18. coffeewoman58 says:

Fringe is so great this season – what a weird but suitable twist – pleeease don’t cancel this show, you Fox people! we lost Firefly, X Files, Angel, might loose Chuck – don’t take Fringe!

19. fertallica says:

So freaking cool!!!!!! Its a great show FOX… don´t you dare…..

20. angelstorm says:

lol Anna Torv is just brilliant ! :D Fantastic delivery !

21. Michelle says:

Lol, I wonder if they’ll transfer Bell into Lincoln?

22. aegisprime says:

I fell off my sofa watching the final seconds of last week’s episode. I think we’ve only begun to see a small slice of what an amazing actress Anna Torv really is. This show – and the people who put it together – cast, crew, producers – are all amazing. Hope it goes at least ten seasons!

23. luke says:

…and this is why Fringe is the best show on TV after Justified of course!!!

24. Nashid says:

Loved it. This should be awesome.

25. beast says:

They should remove him and have him manifest as a young version of himself, since Leonerd is no longer acting. they could get Zachary Quinto!

26. Carrie says:

I love me some “Fringe”!

27. Leana says:

I just love the ideas that the writers are filling the story lines, all the unknowns, occult, paranormal, anything & everything is possible.

28. Cody Gude says:

i love anna torv!!! and i love fringe!!!!!
    FOX PLEASE RENEW FRINGE!!!!!!!!

29. Mau-Dee says:

I remember when Fringe had just started and people were mumbling about Anna Torv’s dead pan (some saying “boring”) take on Olivia. Little did we know that her inward uptight nature was just a shell waiting to crack and let her character(s) (and actress) truly shine. What Anna’s been doing this past couple seasons is worthy of an award. She had me sold on her American accent/personality from the get go but then adding Faux Olivia and NOW THIS?!! The girl is simply amazing. Also talk about a great plot twist and an absolutely clever way in bringing William Bell back from the beyond (and retirement). This show just keeps getting better and better each season. My tin foil hat off to everyone involved. Can’t wait :)

30. David says:

Anna may have been intimidated but that didn’t mean she wasn’t more than up to the task of “being” Nimoy/Bell.A testiment to her abilities and to the Fringe writers and production crew for coming up with it.This show must be saved.Fox really needs to give this show a chance to tell it’s story.

31. elie says:

Poor Olivia… of all the people why her. Are you sure it ain’t because of the childhood experiments? In that case I think it should be hard to drive Bell out of her brain…

32. Rei says:

I can’t see the video from my country, someone can post it on youtube and give a link for it?

33. Fall says:

PETER:STOP!! …. I wanna know how to get olivia back
    haha yay!! to peter frustration

34. wagner says:

Here on brazil, Fauxlivia is “B”olivia!

35. Tony says:

Now the story has gotten back to it’s Fringe roots!

36. Bill says:

Fringe is by far, the BEST show on TV (with Chuck being a VERY close second). If you cancel either of these shows, I swear I’ll boycott everything else on Fox.

That said, I loved the return of Bell. I’ve been expecting the writers to bring him back somehow ever since he sacrificed himself, and when Walter rang the ‘Bell’, I knew immediately that it was going to be Olivia. There was really no other choice that made sense since she is so tuned to both universes as Bell was. Absolutely awesome storyline, as is Faux-Olivia’s pregnancy to Peter. All the makings of another mind-bending season!

• Bill says:

Brain fart there. Of course Chuck isn’t on Fox, but it’s still a great show. Maybe if NBC cancels Chuck, Fox could pick it up!? Just a thought. ;)

37. Ed says:

Go ‘Bellivia!!!’
    Go Anna Torv!!!

38. Don says:

If she was so surprised I guess it means she did NOT see Star Trek III The Search For Spock.

39. Emily says:

So how many people does Anna Torv have to slip into to get that Emmy nomination? She’s KILLING it this season!

40. Dessy says:

OmiGod
    I can’t wait to watch this episode! At first, i thought, this is too ridiculous, even for fringe….but now, I’m loving it

41. Vivian says:

Can Anna Torv just get an Emmy for this season already? And when is John Noble getting his long overdue Emmy?

42. AlfromGboro says:

This reminds me of the “Gilligan’s Island” episode where the Skipper and Ginger switch bodies. Freaky! Hope there not “jumping the shark” with this one. We’ll see.

43. Anna says:

Haha i love this. Anna Torv is amazing for one thing her impression is dead on. This episode looks funning but its also embracing the true fringe roots as well. I can’t wait. (plus i love Peter saying he wants Olivia back. So cute :)

44. Rekka says:

I think this episode would have been more suitable to have called “Immortality” because essentially, if people can do what Bell has done, anyone can live forever. Very interesting!

I love Peter’s reaction in this clip!! I would be livid at Walter for being *happy* that Bell’s taken over Olivia’s body–and at what consequences, too?? I can understand how Walter would feel excited and relieved to have his best friend back, especially if he can help with the situation now…but at what cost? Will Olivia be okay in the end? Maybe she’ll keep some of mannerisms. lol Can’t wait to see how this season unfolds!

45. anamuller says:

Awwn he wants to get Olivia back :’)

46. Rockin clip/portrayal. But I DO want to see the REAL O back!

And yes, FOX, please renew Fringe!

47. Wendy Women says:

FRINGE….is the best show ever…love the twists and turns….never miss an eposide ….the only show I make SURE I watch every week !!

48. Wendy Women says:

FRINGE….is the best show ever…love the twists and turns….never miss an episode.

49. Juliana says:

I’m CRAZY to see that episode, but OK, i’m gonna laugh until i die with Torv’s voice, she is sooo good.

50. Lelle4life says:

Well a very interesting show indeed in store. Willivia is determined, let’s see where that leads. Walter is happy for the reunion and probably thinks there’s nothing strange about it. But poor Peter once again has to deal with the Universe playing tricks on him and will not lose Olivia again.