Chuck Battles Lie To Me as the 'Renew Our Show!' Tournament Quarterfinals Begin!

It’s not easy being on the bubble. Just ask fans of NBC’s Chuck and Fox’s Lie to Me, which are still awaiting word on whether or not they’ll be part of their respective networks’ 2011-2012 lineups. One thing that’s not in doubt, though, is that one of these at-risk gladiators is going to advance to the semifinals of TVLine.com’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Bracket Tournament. But it’s up to you to decide who’ll survive this ferocious quarterfinal matchup.

For those of you who didn’t jump in during Round One, “Renew Our Show!” brought together 16 existing on-the-bubble series in a single-elimination tournament. Chuck decimated Human Target in the first round, while Lie to Me scored a comfy win over No Ordinary Family to advance to the final eight.

Choose Your Favorite! V Faces Off the Map in the ‘Renew Our Show’ Bracket Tourney!

Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next week, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the “Renew Our Show!” field — until there’s only one champ standing. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But before that happens, you’ve got to decide between NBC’s zippy spy thriller and Fox’s complex crime procedural. Polls will be open for 48 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Fringe Vs. Outsourced: Only One Can Survive in the ‘Renew Our Show’ Tourney

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

Comments (334)

• CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by katie – March 17, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is impossible to choose any series other than Chuck. Chuck is, for me, that series that I will watch over and over and I will never get bored. CHUCK FTW!

Comment by Tharcyla – March 17, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree Chuck deserves to get renewed :)

Comment by Georgia – March 19, 2011 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sooo true ! Chuck’s the very best ! I’ve just discovered it, and I simply love everything about it. So rare, keep it please.

Comment by claire – March 21, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tough choice. I love Lie to Me a lot and would LOVE to see another season, for so many reasons! But… Chuck holds my heart! I just can’t let it go.

Comment by Bethany – March 17, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me!!!!!!

Comment by john – March 17, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love “Lie to Me. Why is it that all the good shows get cancelled and we are left with dumb ass shows like the Jersey Shore. That show has nothing to it, the kids are punks looking for their 15 mins. Why don’t the networks wake up. No wonder alot of people get Show Time, HBO and etc. Bring back LTM

Comment by keri – March 19, 2011 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lie to Me, all the way :) I can (and will) watch it over and over <3 Such a beautiful show <3

Comment by elysa – May 10, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lie to me is good!

Comment by NO – December 12, 2011 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck!

Comment by Shelby – March 17, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK, no contest!!!

Comment by michelle – March 17, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie To Me!!!!

Comment by Sonja – March 17, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck is better. Chuck is the best. Chuck ftw!

Comment by Stefi – March 17, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me, easy!

Comment by Salicia – March 17, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Chuck soo much but Lie to Me is the best show on television

Comment by Mary – March 17, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me!

Comment by Paulina – March 17, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME ALL THE WAY!!

Comment by Stephanie – March 17, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The final has to be Chuck vs. Fringe with a 50% to 50% tie of votes so both shows win

Comment by Breck – March 17, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Love this. :)

Comment by knr – March 17, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree.-

Comment by Stefi – March 17, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I think I would have to vote for Fringe just by a hair in that situation, but Chuck is a close second.

Comment by Cameron M – March 17, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK ALL THE WAY.

Comment by Kiki – March 17, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like Chuck too, but LIE TO ME is the best!

Comment by Janah – March 17, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t do it! I just CAN’T Michael! I love both of these shows! Chuck has run longer, but I don’t want it to end on a cliffhanger. Lie to Me has places to go but it’s not a ‘what happens next’ sort of thing.

I can’t put my stamp on either. I love them equal but different.

Comment by Ryan – March 17, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m the same, I love Chuck but I’m not sure how much longer it can go. Lie To Me is excellent, it’s been broken up in mid stream 2 times. If they could do a third full length season I know it’ll pick up more viewers.

This vote is unfair!!!! haha

Comment by amtechfox – March 17, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie To Me … hands down

Comment by leta – March 17, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck should have ended with season 3. this fourth sucked almost in its entirety. So, long live Cal Lightman :D

Comment by Polly – March 17, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK!!!! CHUCK!!! CHUCK!!!

Comment by Brandon J – March 17, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK! CHUCK! CHUCK! CHUCK!

Comment by Sheldon – March 17, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck me!

Comment by MoxieSue – March 17, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me, Tim Roth. Do I need to say more ? Seriously ? No.

Comment by Sbbo – March 17, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me!
    I’ve seen Chuck a few times and I wasn’t impressed
    Lie to Me is far superior in story line and character development and deserves to return.

Comment by Anne – March 17, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK FTW !!!!!!!

Comment by Jen – March 17, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck!!! Times one million. Love this show.

Comment by Lisa – March 17, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sure as hell lie to me!!!

Comment by Aanchal sethi – March 17, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME is definitely at the top of my MUST HAVE shows for this fall. It’s the BEST SHOW ON TV!!!

Comment by marynotpmoc – March 17, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME!

It’s interesting, you actually learn, it’s entertaining and has A+ performances. It has Tim Roth, people. TIM ROTH.

Comment by alex – March 17, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tim Roth is actually what’s hurting the show this last season. Cal was always a pushy, in your face kind of guy but Roth really dialed up the quirks and aggresiveness this season. There were scenes where I thought Cal’s usual head tilt was going for a 180 spin.

Comment by Mikos – March 17, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Normally, I’d say Tim Roth makes anything better, but this season they seem to have forgotten to direct him, and when left to his own devices, he took the aggressive behavior (and yes, the head-tilts) too far. I would think his character would be a little more subtle even if he is a hooligan at heart. This is what happens when Shawn Ryan is no longer running things – the actors run wild.

Comment by Rowan – March 17, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me for the win!
    AWESOME SHOW AWESOME TEAM
    #savelietome

Comment by nathkst35 – March 17, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I love them both but since one’s winning, I’ll vote the other one. XD

Comment by Deena – March 17, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This *SUCKS* … Chuck is my #1 show, and Lie to Me is close behind … *BOTH* would really be the better option ….

Comment by Stuart – March 17, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me, Kelli Williams and (the best Tim Roth ;) )
    need to say more? :D

Comment by nathkst35 – March 17, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame Lie To Me is against Chuck. LIE TO ME obviously for me, but it doesn’t have a shot against Chuck. *Frowns*

Comment by Kristen – March 17, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK

Comment by Kai – March 17, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Lisa – March 17, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK is The Best One!!!!

Comment by Zachary – March 17, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK!!!

Comment by Lyssa – March 17, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK THOUSAND TIMES!

Comment by Ruth – March 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Sam – March 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME LIE TO ME ! Seriously COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ON !

Comment by jo – March 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • team bartowski.

Comment by luca – March 17, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch both shows but would miss Lie To Me a lot more. Chuck is lazy and repetitive too often and is very inconsistent. Lie To Me is always interesting and has much better acting on a regular basis

Comment by Doug – March 17, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s no lie that I’m voting for CHUCK!

Comment by Brynna – March 17, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me!! It’s the only good show on TV, and it’s so unique! IT NEEDS A FOURTH SEASON!!

Comment by Vanessa – March 17, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t speak for Lie to Me because I just don’t watch it, but I can speak for Chuck. I find it one of the few smart and funny shows on tv today, and I love the fact that although Chuck (the character) is on his way to becoming a super spy – he still retains the every man in him. The show has heart and while it has evolved – it still holds true to its original premise.

Comment by Emily – March 17, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seconded, Emily! You said it perfectly.

Comment by ariel – March 17, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Lie to Me and never miss an episode, but to choose between it and Chuck, I LOVE Chuck! So, Chuck it is!

Comment by Dawn – March 17, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. That would of been a tough one last season, but, I have to say: Save Lie to Me.

- Chuck: is still fun (just), but the storyline has lost what it once had & I just don’t find myself wanting to watch any more.

- Lie to Me: However is still GREAT in both fun & storyline. Strong characters, the will they-won’t-they of certain members & the what the hell will Lightman do/say (that’s completely) nuts next.

so yes, I have to say; Save Lie to Me (Please)

Comment by W0NK042 – March 17, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me! Hands down. I LOVE this show!

Comment by Jala – March 17, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just love this kind of show!!

Comment by Gail – November 11, 2011 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It occurs to me with the pictures side by side that they look like they could be father and son.

Comment by Jenn – March 17, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Err, it wouldn’t be. They’re completely different types/genre of show.

Comment by W0NK042 – March 17, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I voted for Lie To Me, I expect it to be Chuck vs Fringe in the final match.

Comment by Todd – March 17, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck was a really fun show, but I’m sorry to say it’s past it’s prime. It feels like the original premise has really been creatively stretched, and it should have had a great wrap-up season instead of trying to eke out another one.

(Chuck fans should check out “Bryce Larson” on White Collar if they haven’t already! It’s a little more sophisticated, but as fun as the best S1/S2 stuff in it’s own way.)

Lie to Me is a totally different kind of show, but it’s also a little different from anything else on. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty good and deserves a chance to get even better.

Comment by LP – March 17, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like White Collar too, but Lie To Me is a “cranky old white guy yells at everyone” show, just like House used to be.

But I digress, CHUCK! CHUCK!! CHUCK!!!

Comment by fmhvfv – March 17, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to go with Chuck as well, Lie to me is just too procedural for my taste. I like White collar a lot. It has a great cast, and I started watching it because of Matt Boemer. However, while there is an overall story arc to White Collar, that arc is pretty weak compared to Chuck (and Chuck is much funnier!)

Comment by SpyTV – March 17, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have no idea what you are saying. An old white guy yelling at people. What kind of dumb COMMENT is that? IT IS LIE TO ME ALL THE WAY. LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME! LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME!LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME, LIE TO ME!

Comment by Keri – March 19, 2011 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post