Exclusive

Exclusive: Meet America's Best New Dance Crews (Including a Half-Dozen Pole Dancers?!)

America’s Best Dance Crew returns with its sixth installment on Thursday, April 7 (MTV, 10/9c), and while its being touted as the “Season of the Superstars” (because of its new celebrity theme-weeks), we think the strength of the dancers speaks for itself.

Ready to meet the real superstars? We’ve got exclusive details on ABDC‘s 10 new crews.

787 Crew | Meet one of the fiercest cliques to hit the ABDC stage. Their fusion of tricks and acrobatics, combined with their street finesse and Latin flavor, are sure to dazzle the dance floor.

FootworKingz | Welcome to the stage a dance style never-before-seen on ABDC. Blink and you may miss their incredibly quick foot movement in unison with music played at 160 BPM. Even better? This ultimate synchronized crew are actually two battle-cliques representing the West and South sides of Chicago. Here, they’ve united to draw attention to their one-of-a-kind dance style.

IaMmE | Although this hip-hop crew originated in Houston, its members hail from all around the globe, including China and the Czech Republic, and have performed with the likes of Justin Bieber, Fat Joe, Cobra Starship and American Rejects.

Iconic Boyz | With one member as young as 10 years old, these New Jersey boys are the literally freshest dancers to ever compete on ABDC. They hope to impress the crowd with their unique mix of hip-hop and street jazz.

Instant Noodles | Say hello to this season’s b-boys. The Los Angeles-based crew, with roots in Taipei, Taiwan, aims to build on the already unique style and share what makes them distinct.

JAG6ED | This all-girl collection of contemporary pole dancers are on a mission to change the image of of their craft, replacing erotic connotations with jaw-dropping acrobatic ability.

Eclectic Gentlemen | With their focus on being clean-cut and well dressed, these suave hoofers from North Hollywood bring a professional style to the stage. The crew currently teaches workshops and has traveled the world with big-name musical acts, but hopes to attain individual recognition on ABDC.

Phunk Phenomenon | Boasting a blend of modern and traditional dance styles, this co-ed crew from Boston is ready to wow the West Coast. In addition to performing, this group promotes “Hip Hop for Hope,” which raises awareness for Sanfilippo disease.

ReQuest | These New Zealand ladies are currently riding high as the 2010-11 World Hip Hop Dance Champions. They hope to showcase their  moves while fusing cultures together and inspiring girls around the world to dance.

Street Kingdom | Despite their rough pasts in inner city Los Angeles, Street Kingdom’s co-ed members have made a fresh start — and it’s all because of a shared passion known as KRUMP.

America’s Best Dance Crew premieres Thursday, April 7 at 10/9c on MTV.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Reality TV, Summer TV Preview

1. pastor Q says:

I would like 2 no if street kingdom r born again believers living a life of Christ likeness or just performing in the house if they r the former welcomee to the house hold of faith but if they r the latter we the family of faith r waiting 4 praying 4 holding u up your brother in christ pastor q

2. Melvin says:

IaMmE is soo dope nasty crew! i love them! woot woot

3. BLur says:

OH SHIZZLE Instant Noodles gonna represent yo. and i know these girl groups are gonna bring it. CNT WAIT TO SEE!!!!all the new talent. ABDC TAKING IT UP A NOTCH

4. Kerbie says:

I am in LOVE with the Iconic Boys, eventhough im like 6 years older then them. They are really good. I hope they go real far

5. Olivia says:

I think the Iconic Boyz are gonna go far! There younger and I have a feeling teens will vote for them. Im definately goin for them theyre cuties :)

6. Taylor says:

Each year this show gets weaker and weaker. Not to offend but girl groups aren’t impressive. Wrist flicking and butt jiggling gets old. smh.

7. G says:

Go the girl from Rewa Request rock the US and bring back the crown your whanau are right beside you

8. Darbie says:

I LOVE THE ICONIC BOYZ best thing is that they are in my age range

9. Tempting says:

Iconic Crew was “RAW” all day all night all the time, they definitely killed it again, following: Phunk Phenomenon,Street Kingdom,787 and of course the yummy Instant Noodles…Really enjoying myself with these diverse performances…

10. Lea G. says:

Hi guys, I’m in love with the Iconic boyz. Does anyone have absolutely ANY connection to them? I really want to be a costume designer and they would be a perfect start for me. I’m only 13 but I have a lot of good feedback on my boyish style. Is anyone out there going to help me?

11. caitlin says:

Omg I love the iconic boyz they rock plus there all cute

12. We looooooooved the fact that the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, CA was represented on ABDC this season. We think the Eclectic Gentlemen didn’t get a chance to shine like they do. We interviewed them about their experience…Super fly gents who represent NoHo!

Thursdays are ABDC nights at the NoHo Team office.

13. abdcisgettingsuckiereachyear says:

i thought it was AMERICA’s best dance crew? wtf why are people from around the world heading there. abdc is getting worse and worse each year.

14. Melissa says:

Iconic Boyz will take the stage. Win and make all of the other crews jealous of the talent that these boyz have……….. im with them all the way!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

15. i lov em says:

i love u iconic boys! you guys rock <3

16. Samantha Marlatt says:

Iconic Boys ily…. Madison ily I wish I lived in Jersey to see u…I Love Iconic Boys and Madison!!!!

17. love you alott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iconic boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; ) says:

love you alott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iconic boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; ) good luck you guys are jyst soooooooooooooooooooooo hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Donte says:

Iconic boys!! Let’s go baby

19. 829 says:

we want be on the show in the summer from 829.

20. Madison! :) says:

I love iconic boyz!!!!!!!!!! Go iconic boyz!

21. Gee.eye.are.ell. says:

Loved instant noodles… :(
    Phunk phenomenon and I aM mE are Uh-MAZING!
    I hate how other people hate on street kingdom. They’ve had a rough past and people don’t need to be mean, Nevis you don’t know what they’ve been through. Also, crump is a real dance style and shouldn’t be judged along with othe tastes and styles because it’s all personal preference. Plus it looks like a great stress relief…
    Iconic boyz

22. Gee.eye.are.ell. says:

Are great and I love them but quite honestly I dont think they would’ve made it so far if they weren’t kids. Not that they don’t deserve to be there, but most of their fans are probably 14 and younger and like them cuz they’re young cute dancers but their age definitely gives them an edge. Still love them though :) :) :) :) :) :) :) <3 <3

23. Troy says:

All of the crews rock but I am me will bring and the iconic boys to go ABDC

24. j says: