TVLine Items: David James Elliott Joins Bitches, X Factor Judges, and Other TV News to Know

David James Elliott has found a new home on TV. The longtime JAG star has joined Leslie Bibb in ABC’s comedy pilot Good Christian Bitches, per Deadline. Elliott, who will guest star in an upcoming episode of CSI: NY, is set to play the husband of the just-cast Kristin Chenoweth.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

•  Music mogul L.A. Reid has secured a spot on the judging panel for Simon Cowell’s X Factor, Per The Hollywood ReporterDeadline, meanwhile, reports that Enrique Iglesias has been approached as a potential host.

• NBC has renewed late-late-night show Last Call with Carson Daly. Daly will be pulling double duty for the network in the coming months as host of Idol rival The Voice.

Prison Break alum Robert Knepper has secured a supporting part in NBC’s drama pilot Reconstruction, reports Deadline. Off the Map‘s Martin Henderson has already been tapped to play the lead.

• And in case you missed it, V‘s Laura Vandervoort will star in an original holiday movie for ABC Family.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (13)

• Good Christian B!+¢#@$ is shaping up to be a must see for me. I hope it gets a pickup. If it doesn’t, I hope Ryan Murphy finally gets that Sitcom/Music show going for my girl Kristin.

Comment by John Berggren – March 16, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll say it again. ABC you better pick up Bitches!

Comment by Steven – March 16, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC better pick up Bitches! I need to have DJE back on my TV!

Comment by Michelle – March 16, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want GCB to get picked up… But I’m not sure I want it done at the expense of the awesome name!!

Comment by Patrick – March 16, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David & Kristin?! I pray this show gets picked up.

Comment by Lorie – March 16, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This shows sounds more and more like it would be a hoot to watch even though I have a hard time believing that Eliot and Chenoweth as a married couple given the difference in height. Did they first meet after he literally tripped over her? :-) All joking aside, can’t they change the name of the show? A lot of people are never going to even view this program because they’ll find the name offensive. The same kind of issue almost whacked Cougar Town when it premiered.

Comment by David P. Graf – March 16, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I gotta admit my first thought was “Man, that’s some major height difference!”. Wonder if she’s stocking up on 4″ heels.

Comment by Lorie – March 17, 2011 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Cougar Town title has not harmed the show at all. The problem with the title is that it describes the pitched premise – not the premise that developed naturally as the characters interacted.

Comment by John Berggren – March 17, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, the show name comes from the book that it’s based on:

Comment by Bob – March 17, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wonderful…I loved David Elliott in JAG. He was truly amazing as Harm, can’t wait!

Comment by Kali – March 17, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling they will have good chemistry!

Comment by Justin – March 17, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched David from the very first Jag. It was a must just like Dallas, Magum PI, etc.. I loved the take off of NCIS in seasons 7 & 8. David is such a “FOX”. He is good in whatever he does. Also enjoyed him on the TALK on CBS. Looking forward to seeing more of him….

Comment by Peggy White – March 24, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy any videos, movies or interview that David James Ek\lliot performs. He is an excellent actor. I qwn a lot of his movies anf the 10 year Jay series. He needs to be on tv more than ever since Jag left the air. Please bring him back with Nanci too. She is a god actress.

Comment by mary mcCoy – March 25, 2011 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post