TVLine Items: David James Elliott Joins Bitches, X Factor Judges, and Other TV News to Know

David James Elliott has found a new home on TV. The longtime JAG star has joined Leslie Bibb in ABC’s comedy pilot Good Christian Bitches, per Deadline. Elliott, who will guest star in an upcoming episode of CSI: NY, is set to play the husband of the just-cast Kristin Chenoweth.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

•  Music mogul L.A. Reid has secured a spot on the judging panel for Simon Cowell’s X Factor, Per The Hollywood ReporterDeadline, meanwhile, reports that Enrique Iglesias has been approached as a potential host.

• NBC has renewed late-late-night show Last Call with Carson Daly. Daly will be pulling double duty for the network in the coming months as host of Idol rival The Voice.

Prison Break alum Robert Knepper has secured a supporting part in NBC’s drama pilot Reconstruction, reports Deadline. Off the Map‘s Martin Henderson has already been tapped to play the lead.

• And in case you missed it, V‘s Laura Vandervoort will star in an original holiday movie for ABC Family.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. John Berggren says:

Good Christian B!+¢#@$ is shaping up to be a must see for me. I hope it gets a pickup. If it doesn’t, I hope Ryan Murphy finally gets that Sitcom/Music show going for my girl Kristin.

2. Steven says:

I’ll say it again. ABC you better pick up Bitches!

3. Michelle says:

ABC better pick up Bitches! I need to have DJE back on my TV!

4. Patrick says:

I really want GCB to get picked up… But I’m not sure I want it done at the expense of the awesome name!!

5. Lorie says:

David & Kristin?! I pray this show gets picked up.

6. David P. Graf says:

This shows sounds more and more like it would be a hoot to watch even though I have a hard time believing that Eliot and Chenoweth as a married couple given the difference in height. Did they first meet after he literally tripped over her? :-) All joking aside, can’t they change the name of the show? A lot of people are never going to even view this program because they’ll find the name offensive. The same kind of issue almost whacked Cougar Town when it premiered.

7. Kali says:

wonderful…I loved David Elliott in JAG. He was truly amazing as Harm, can’t wait!

8. Justin says:

I have a feeling they will have good chemistry!

9. Peggy White says:

I have watched David from the very first Jag. It was a must just like Dallas, Magum PI, etc.. I loved the take off of NCIS in seasons 7 & 8. David is such a “FOX”. He is good in whatever he does. Also enjoyed him on the TALK on CBS. Looking forward to seeing more of him….

10. mary mcCoy says:

I enjoy any videos, movies or interview that David James Ek\lliot performs. He is an excellent actor. I qwn a lot of his movies anf the 10 year Jay series. He needs to be on tv more than ever since Jag left the air. Please bring him back with Nanci too. She is a god actress.