Choose Your Favorite! V Faces Off the Map in the 'Renew Our Show' Bracket Tourney!

It’s the cirrrrrcle of life, TV fans. Networks pick up pilots for their fall schedules, and cancel a sampling of existing series to make room for ‘em. Which is why fans of ABC’s V and Off the Map are eagerly awaiting news of their shows’ fates. Luckily for them, they don’t have to sit idly by and do nothing to help the alien-invasion thriller or the docs-in-the-jungle drama; instead, they can vote for one or the other as part of the first annual “Renew Our Show!” Sweet 16 Bracket Tournament.

“Renew Our Show!” features 16 existing on-the-bubble series; we left out the sure-fire pickups (like The Good Wife, Supernatural, and Bones) and those to which the Grim Reaper has already paid a visit.

Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next two weeks, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the field. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). Yesterday saw another series, One Tree Hill, fight its way to the second round over fellow CW combatant Hellcats.

Now you’ve got to decide between V and Off the Map. Polls will be open for 72 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy. What’s more, if you’re worried about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.)

And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

Comments (257)

• Come on give Off The Map more of a chance! It has been so good and keeps you on your toes…definitely not your avg medical drama! Love it!

Comment by Sue – March 16, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want V to be renewed because it is the most fantastic show and that would be terrible if it’s cancelled… Please !

Comment by Chris – March 16, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V all the way :D

Comment by LM – March 16, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a huge fan of V, but anything is better than Shonda Rimes felgercarb.

Comment by Rush – March 16, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map! I absolutely adore that show!

Comment by Shivani Chitroda – March 16, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they can bring back Marcus and Ryan on “V,” they can surely bring back Diana (Jane Badler). She HAS to return for the next season because they’ve brought in Marc Singer, and the two of them were in the original. It would be great to see what happens if they work together for a change! Also, we need to see the repercussions of Anna’s killings on this finale, plus what’s happened to Hobbes and Chad (if anything). We have two MAJORLY interested “V” viewers at our house, and they’re of two different generations. Go “V”!!

Comment by wolfy – March 16, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save Off the Map, love the characters & stories. I am hook & want to see more….

Comment by jose – March 16, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way!

Comment by Jenna – March 16, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the map rocks!!!

Comment by Belinda reed – March 16, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the map all the way

Comment by Anita boyett – March 16, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t matter, as both are on the about-to-burst bubble. They both go.

Comment by Bob – March 16, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Teresa reid – March 16, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the map rules

Comment by Teresa reed – March 16, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “V”…definitely! We can’t be left hanging without knowing who wins in the end and HOW! Got to see more of Marc Singer, too!

Comment by MIckey – March 16, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM….. its definately worth watching and the cast and are great people!

Comment by Kelii – March 16, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V, no doubt in my mind.

Comment by Lisa – March 16, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save V it is a great show. We love it in the UK

Comment by Suzie – March 16, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘V’ must win!!!!!

Comment by Cesar – March 16, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘V’ must win!!!!!!

Comment by Cesar – March 16, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definately vote for off the map!! Smart show,,with a cast that will definately mesh with time!!

Comment by Debbie – March 16, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! I watch and really enjoy both these shows! I’ll have to pass on this one… On a side note, V’s finale last night had me shaking! You know when that happens your watching good TV…

Comment by Rosina – March 16, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep off the map on. V isn’t good

Comment by Marcus smalley – March 16, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM all the way. Don’t like V

Comment by Tracy smith – March 16, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM is a great show. V boring!!!

Comment by Rachelle maharrey – March 16, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM is my favorite show

Comment by Kristi moss – March 16, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM rocks and rolls!!!!

Comment by Stephanie rowles – March 16, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM is my best show

Comment by Christy reed – March 16, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep Off The Map On!!!!!!!!

Comment by Kristin thomas – March 16, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep OTM on abc

Comment by Rick maharrey – March 16, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “V” absolutely need 3th!!! That was really fantastic finale and cant be finished like that!

ABC must save V!

Comment by The_Erinch – March 16, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM is my winding down time!!!!!!!!

Comment by Randy baker – March 16, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM best ever

Comment by Tracy tanner – March 16, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM!!!!!

Comment by Cole reed – March 16, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love OTM

Comment by Cole reed – March 16, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luv OTM!!!

Comment by Chad mahareey – March 16, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM rules!!!!

Comment by Kennedi reed – March 16, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE OFF THE MAP!!! I look forwarder watching it every week!! Off the map is by far my favorite show!!!

Comment by Cole – March 16, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map is an amazing show that has sparked my attention. I would greatly appreciate if Off the Map stayed on.

Comment by Pones – March 16, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for Off The Map!!!

Comment by Ben – March 16, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM is my number one choice!!

Comment by Fati – March 16, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer Watching OFF THE MAP so my vote is Otm !!!

Comment by Lore – March 16, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V without a doubt. It’s the only show on a major network that i even watch. It started out strong then faded and then had a season finale that never let you pick your jaw up off the floor! Even more thrilling than the awesome remake of Battlestar Galactica. I remember another sci-fi series that was a remake/sequel it started out lagging and people were wondering why it should even be on then soon it grew into one of the most amazing shows in TV history and helped put a struggling network on the map…Star Trek The Next Generation.

Comment by Anarimus – March 16, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V is definitely our preferred choice. My husband and I look forward to each installment of this extremely well-written and well-acted series and look forward to a third season. We thought we would enjoy Off the Map and watched three episodes. We had set the recording to tape the entire series; however, after three episodes, we canceled that program and stopped the taping. Now that we have an opportunity to publicly state our preference, we are eager to plead the continuation of V.

Comment by ruth smith – March 16, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely OTM!!! All the way.

Comment by Ken – March 16, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAVE V PLEASE!!!! <3

Comment by LEANDRO – March 16, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, vote for v, it’s the best one

Comment by Gorth – March 16, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF is Off the Map?

Comment by Moog – March 16, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Off the Map because although it started out really, and I mean, REALLY bad, it has improved. The stories are unique and I enjoy seeing the interaction with the locals. It gives the show a different feel, but the problem to me is the casting. Especially the three young doctors. There is no chemistry among them and they are just not compelling characters. The only two strong players are Jason George and the read head, sorry, don’t know her name. They both have a strong screen presence and can carry a scene, the others kind of blend in the background. Some of the guests have been more compelling and appealing than the regular characters.

Comment by babygate – March 16, 2011 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is for OFF THE MAP! I love the storyline and the characters. My heart has been won by Off the Map!!!

Comment by GG – March 16, 2011 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map is more realistic than just a bunch of aliens. I want off the Map to stay. The characters has won me over. I am definitely rooting for depthness of humanity not a bunch of devouring UFO’S so to speak!!!

Comment by JerPri – March 16, 2011 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post