Choose Your Favorite! V Faces Off the Map in the 'Renew Our Show' Bracket Tourney!

It’s the cirrrrrcle of life, TV fans. Networks pick up pilots for their fall schedules, and cancel a sampling of existing series to make room for ‘em. Which is why fans of ABC’s V and Off the Map are eagerly awaiting news of their shows’ fates. Luckily for them, they don’t have to sit idly by and do nothing to help the alien-invasion thriller or the docs-in-the-jungle drama; instead, they can vote for one or the other as part of the first annual “Renew Our Show!” Sweet 16 Bracket Tournament.

“Renew Our Show!” features 16 existing on-the-bubble series; we left out the sure-fire pickups (like The Good Wife, Supernatural, and Bones) and those to which the Grim Reaper has already paid a visit.

Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next two weeks, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the field. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). Yesterday saw another series, One Tree Hill, fight its way to the second round over fellow CW combatant Hellcats.

Now you’ve got to decide between V and Off the Map. Polls will be open for 72 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy. What’s more, if you’re worried about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.)

And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

Comments (257)

• My vote is for Off The Map!!! I love the show, I want to know what happens with dr. Otis and dra. Zee :D

Comment by Cris – March 15, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can you not like “Off the Map”? Its like Greys meets Indiana Jones! One of my favorites!

Comment by Kathy – March 15, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map is a great show. With all the other reality crap on tv, they should not want to take this show off the air. Off the Map has stories everyone can relate to. LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Comment by CrystalRico – March 15, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I VOTE OFF THE MAP!!!!

Comment by Crystal Rico – March 15, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM pls bring it back next season!

Comment by jennifer – March 15, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map best show on tv. I just do not likeV, finally something new nad refreshing!!!

Comment by Teresa Reed – March 15, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted off the map, what a awesome show!! We need a season 2.Just love it!

Comment by LUZ – March 15, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for “Off the Map” but I have to say that I don’t think it is fair to put OTM up against V since V has been on the air much longer and therefore should have a larger and more established audience.

If ABC is reading then V needs to go! It can’t compare to other show in it’s genre but OTM blows Private Practice out of the water!

Comment by Kat – March 15, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Off The Map. Have been hooked from the first episode.Really hope it is renewed.

Comment by Donna Ferrell – March 15, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show !!!!!!!!!

Comment by Forest welton – March 15, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the map!!! Please!

Comment by Allison – March 15, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I choose OTM. It is such a great show. I remember V the original series back in the 80′s. I don’t care to see a remake

Comment by Jennifer – March 15, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love off the map not into v so I definitely vote for off the map! The more jason the better!

Comment by nichole baughan – March 15, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map best show ever. V is terrible!!!!

Comment by Haley smalley – March 15, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map Rocks!!!! Hate V.

Comment by Teresa Reed – March 15, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the Map is so refreshing, luv it!!!!!!!! Down with V.

Comment by TeresaReed – March 15, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally great show on ABC. Please do not cancel. V is terrible!

Comment by Teresa Reed – March 15, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i watched V in the 80s but i was just not interested in this run. i’ve never been a fan of Grey’s or Private Practice (the dialogue is insipid and literally makes my ears hurt), so i didn’t want to give OTM a chance either. however, being laid up and bedridden made me desperate and i decided to check out OTM on demand. to my surprise, i like it. i don’t love it. but i like it.

Comment by flutiefan – March 15, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love V and not the pirated copy and Mexican Lost is Off the Map.
    V is I think it deserves a third season so offered and not the classic romance of doctors for that we have a Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice which follow every Thursday.

Fifth Column and the whole long list for the year 2011-2012.

V and we love a third season

Comment by LOST1148 – March 15, 2011 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the map!!!

Comment by Julie – March 15, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never seen Off the Map….but after tonights V, I would vote for anything over V. I loved the original but this one is horrible. (and why did Lisa have to go through weeks of getting ready to breed with Tyler but NuLisa was ready in 5 minutes).

Comment by cptone – March 15, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is OTM. I love thus new series! It’s awesome.

Comment by Julie – March 15, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V!!!!!!

Comment by Lena – March 15, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V for sure. If it doesn’t get at least a half-season, humanity is screwed. Oh yeah, humans have been “blissed” by reality TV…

Comment by AC – March 15, 2011 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love V! It has to get renewed. I don’t want to be left hanging like Vegas did to it’s viewers. V all the way.

Comment by Carol – March 15, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Being a MAJOR “Vegas” fan (and knowing Josh Duhmel personally), I wholehearted agree with this post!! Please do NOT leave “V” viewers hanging!

Comment by bylswife – March 16, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V IS SO NECESSARY TO BE RENEWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    besides off the map, they can just watch another doctor show. :)

Comment by Chelsea – March 15, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save V

Comment by Janell – March 15, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save V for a 3th season. I think really good show.

Comment by Jason kyer – March 15, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V, please. There are so few decent (currently-in-production) sci-fi shows on TV anymore, which is pretty pathetic given that a whole network exists to show them. If ABC doesn’t pick it up, I hope the SyFy channel does. Work on some of those plot holes and green screens and we’ve got a good outlet for sci-fi geekdom now that we don’t have Caprica or Battlestar anymore.

Comment by Jennie – March 15, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save Off The Map please!!!!!!! That show makes more sense to me. I love the beautiful scenery and story line. Aloha!!

Comment by Lili – March 15, 2011 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be voting for V!!!! All the way:) Off The Map is like most medical shows on TV- Grey’s Anatomy, private practice, house etc. Why not something new and refreshing like “V”

Comment by nina – March 15, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off the map should win!!!! Love that show!!!

Comment by Kay – March 15, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep V! The finale was amazing. The nex tseason is going ot look so different. Talk about cliffhangers. And I wnat to know hwat else the hybrid can do (and how are they going to win her over?) some shocking moments… best episode of the season. If they can keep that up next season it’ll be deadly.

Comment by Jeff – March 15, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he votado por V sin duda la mejor serie de la historia

Comment by vanessa – March 15, 2011 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Off the Map just fine, but I switched to V when the brought Jane Badler (Queen Diana) back! She rocks and I will switch back to off the map if she is really dead!

Comment by Jane Badler (Queen Diana) Made "V" Worth Watching – March 15, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • unfortunately diana is really dead..

Comment by jj – March 16, 2011 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Jordan – March 15, 2011 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like both shows but if i had to choose between them I would go with V because there are way to many doctor shows on, and V other hand is something different on the main networks.

Comment by Nick – March 15, 2011 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw V once and never watched again. On the other hand, Off The Map has gotten my attention since episode one. Save Off The Map please!

Comment by Nancy – March 15, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for V, I was a huge fan of the 80 movie/series.I am not happy though, just when the show got good they killed off Queen Diana. If they bring her back I’ll watch it for another season. If not won’t bother the writing really suck for the first season. They need to fire the writers and get somebody else to do justice to this legendary saga. Then and only then will they get the ratings they so desire.

Comment by moe – March 15, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “V” > “Off The Map” 1,000,000 to 1, in my humble opinion. In a way, V is basically the show “24″ but with aliens in the mix. I like how Anna is pretty much a female Hitler trying to create a perfect, doll-faced “master race” that cannot be defiled by human blood. The second season has DRASTICALLY improved on the first: if you had asked me to vote for this show a year ago I wouldn’t have, but V has finally gotten into its groove and it’s working.

Comment by Caliph – March 15, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM!!! It is the best thing on tv right now. Okay, actually it’s a three way tie with Bones and Castle. But it’s definitely the best new show of the season. Hands down. If TPTB decide to cancel it all of us who are in love with this show should boycott by sending tongue depressors to the network. It needs a little time to grow and find the groove but it will get there. If it does end up canceled then maybe someone else will pick it up ie Netflix. They just recently bought a series so it could happen. The cast is great and the storylines are interesting every week. I haven’t missed an episode and can’t wait to see what is in store for them. I think that Fuller and Minard are a very cute couple btw.

Comment by tvfruitcake – March 15, 2011 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never seen or heard of V…Off the map is pretty awesome!

Comment by Layla – March 15, 2011 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OFF THE MAP!!!!!

Comment by Farah – March 15, 2011 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love both V and Off the Map…. I would not be able to choose between either.. What ABC needs to do is get rid of reality tv shows like The Bachelor/Dancing with the Stars/The Bachelorette… I mean who cares about the above shows… ??? Those 3 shows are just pure crap… Other shows they can get rid of: Cougar Town…

Comment by JJ – March 16, 2011 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow – I have to say I am a fan of Both shows and don’t understand why they would be competing as they are on different nights. BUT OF Course OFF THE MAP WINS!!! OTM is the BEST SHOW since I have begum watching shows :-) IT keeps your interest because of the EXCITEMENT and MEDICAL parts (like ER & Grey’s) BUT keeps your interest MORE with the CHARACTERS – the AWESOME Acting – THE ROMANCE the Intrigue (like Dallas & Knots LAnding).
    OFF THE MAP has everything anyone is looking for and there will be a STORYLINE for years to come.
    “V” on the other hand is a Great MINI-SERIES but has no potential to be a on-going program.
    OFF the MAP wins by Far!! And I have falling in Love with all the ACTORS & ACTRESSES and the EXTRAS!!! JASON WINSTON GEROGE is my FAV – how can WE Live without his Trials & Tribulations :-P As a matter of fact – i would CRY – I would MISS all the CHARACTERS and their Lives.
    That HOUR goes by SO FAST – I am upset when it’s OVER and cannot wait until the next week.
    OTM ALL THE WAY!!
    Love another CANADIAN xoxo

Comment by Tina Raimnndo – March 16, 2011 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM is really cool. I cried this last episode. I don’t know, it’s full of human emotions, not like V.. I never liked that one

Comment by Anne – March 16, 2011 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTM it would be a shame to see this show taken off…..we need it here on the islands..,,and we love the plots

Comment by Shari jay – March 16, 2011 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The V finale was great!!! Two twists I did not see coming at all. Please please please bring it back ABC.

Comment by mdb – March 16, 2011 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for Off The Map! My Family and I love the show and look forward for it every week.

Comment by Lori – March 16, 2011 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • V HAS to stay! It started slow, but now it’s ON! I’m glad to see they are not “holding a candle” as one person said, to the original. Rather, they are taking it in new and fascinating directions! How can you NOT NEED to know what happens after last nights cliff hanger? Killing off Diana (Jane Badler) emmitted an audible gasp from me last night, followed by an echoing “NOOOOO!”, but I was back to feeling like a giddy school girl upon realizing that “humanity’s last hope” was being spearheaded by the character played by yet another leading actor from the original series. Who will they bring in next? Will Robert Englund jump in as another V? Will Lisa escape prison to reign as the new, peaceful queen? Will Amy be able to discover the truth behind Ana’s lies and unite humanity and visitors? Who’s side is Marcus really on? We MUST know!!!!!!

Comment by Amy – March 16, 2011 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post