Choose Your Favorite! V Faces Off the Map in the 'Renew Our Show' Bracket Tourney!

It’s the cirrrrrcle of life, TV fans. Networks pick up pilots for their fall schedules, and cancel a sampling of existing series to make room for ‘em. Which is why fans of ABC’s V and Off the Map are eagerly awaiting news of their shows’ fates. Luckily for them, they don’t have to sit idly by and do nothing to help the alien-invasion thriller or the docs-in-the-jungle drama; instead, they can vote for one or the other as part of the first annual “Renew Our Show!” Sweet 16 Bracket Tournament.

“Renew Our Show!” features 16 existing on-the-bubble series; we left out the sure-fire pickups (like The Good Wife, Supernatural, and Bones) and those to which the Grim Reaper has already paid a visit.

Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next two weeks, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the field. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). Yesterday saw another series, One Tree Hill, fight its way to the second round over fellow CW combatant Hellcats.

Now you’ve got to decide between V and Off the Map. Polls will be open for 72 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy. What’s more, if you’re worried about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.)

And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

1. Ingmar says:

I voted for Off The Map. Medical shows always have to find their ground and since it is yet another medical produced by the awesome Grey’s writers I think its just a matter of time or a time switch that Off the map will generate a bigger audience.

• John Berggren says:

Or conversely “yet another clone of Grey’s”. Does ABC really need their CSI to be this middle of the road soap opera?

• Amber says:

I just clicked the “like” button on your post, John. Grey’s started out as a really good series, and I loved it, but then it jumped the shark when all that drama with Isaiah Washington started. Private Practice was never good.

• ash says:

dude they are totally different shows. it’s really not a grey’s clone. my vote is for off the map for suree. and it really is only getting better

• Skyler says:

OFF THE MAP NEEDS TO STAY. IF THIS SHOW GOES OFF THE AIR, THE PEOPLE THAT MADE SAID DECISION ARE SERIOUSLY IN NEED OF MENTAL HELP. This is easily the best show on television, and I cannot believe its in a competition with an freak-alien show…I don’t mean to insult anyone, but seriously — ALIENS? Off the Map has some serious substance. The characters are relateable and have depth, and the plot lines are well thought out and exciting, keeping you on the edge of your seat. I have seen both shows, and I agree that both are good. However, Off the Map is a in a completely different category as V and is not being given a fair shot. The problem with t.v. networks nowadays is that they don’t give news shows a fair chance. If a show doesn’t get 50 million views in its first season, apparently it should be cancelled (I say sarcastically). GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!!

• Kerri says:

I 100% agree with you on this……….Personally, I think this is one of the best shows on TV, I’m actually SHOCKED that this wasn’t automatically renewed. I wasn’t even “thinking” about “if” it was coming back on, I’ve just been waiting to see WHEN it was coming on, so I just started investigating lol…..now I am just bummed.

• Kim Hignite says:

I agree I loved off the map i think abc should give it a chance because it was given none I looked forward to watching it every week I am sure fans want to see if she gets her heart surgery and how that turns out PLEASE BRING BACK THE SHOW big fan

• Krasy says:

Agreed Off the Map is a great show and deserves the chance to evolve

• Jordan says:

V is the best, but not without Jane Badler (Queen Diana). I want her back or I will not watch the show anymore. I like Off The Map just as well, and the only reason I switched to V was because of Jane Badler.

• Ruthie says:

Well then you don’t really like the show.

• Rick says:

I am very intrigued by the V series. I think that if it is renewed, Queen Diana will be back. Joshua is still in the picture, so he can bring her back. Even if she doesn’t, this is still a great show. There are so many deeper aspect to the show than just aliens invading Earth; it brings about many social, political, and moral issues that people deal with everyday. Off the Map is just another doctor drama that we don’t need. There are enough doctor shows across all networks, especially on ABC.

• Molly says:

I love Off the Map. I can’t stand Grey’s Anatomy or Private Practice and was skeptical of this show because it’s from the same people, but it is a great show. Mina is my favorite and it would be terrible to take this show off the air without giving it a full season to try and get the viewers.

• sharon says:

I agree, I do not care for Grays Anatomy or Private Practice. Off the Map is different. Every week it gets better. The characters are opening up more everyweek and adding more to the show. If the show is taken off too soon I do not think it will have a chance to show its potential.

• Ruthie says:

While I do watch and like Off the Map, my main issue with that show is the people who know how to speak English who shouldn’t and the people who don’t who should. I mean, for crying out loud, it is supposed to be in a remote part of the jungle in South America, and yet the number of native people who know English is astounding! And then, the “poor little rich girl” does NOT know English? That just doesn’t make any sense to me. If anything, SHE (Alma) should be the one who DOES know English. Okay, I just had to get that out.

• Terri says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OFF THE MAP!!! My children love it too! We can’t wait for it to be on and we watch it as a family! I love the jungle medical, the relationships, all of it!

It is so amazing and I do not want this show cancelled! It is right up there with Grey’s!!! It is clearly on my top 3 or 4 list!!!

Hope it stays!!!

2. Blake Barry says:

definitely OTM. What a great show. Totally surprised me.

3. asd says:

V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Laurel says:

I like both shows HOWEVER 2 of the main characters on OTM have already been cast in Pilot’s for the Fall.
    So even if they do renew OTM 2 of my favorite actors will be gone which will leave the show kinda lacking.

So I’m going with V.
    All of the actors have stuck with there show and have not went looking for other jobs.

• CLM says:

I think it was mentioned that the two actors who have pilots are only if OTM doesn’t get picked up.

• IC says:

No, you are wrong. Those pilots are just in case. If Off The Map gets renewed they will stay. Vote for off the map!

• Kervindran Mohanasundaram says:

That isn’t right. Both CLM and IC are correct. I hope the show stays! I’m a fan of medical series but “Off the Map” is something really new and fresh, even for a medical series. You don’t see some of the bizarre medical rescues that you see in this series on other shows. It has my vote!

• Kris says:

First of all, the pilots aren’t garunteed to be picked up. Second of all, those pilots will be in 2nd priority order, meaning that if OTM is picked up, they would drop out of the pilots. That’s why Jordana Spiro had to drop out of Love Bites last year.

5. Michael Sacal says:

I voted for V. I do like show, but Anna could learn a few things from Zo’Or when it comes to how to manipulate humanity.

6. Alan says:

Is there a way to vote for none? I’d rather have a new Sci-Fi show come than a rehash that is not all that great of a show. It started strong and sort of lost its way.

And someone needs to tell Shondra Rhimes no more

• Sourabh says:

Are you kidding? V started off horribly, and season 2 is when it became something worth saving.

• John D says:

I second your emotion. I don’t think either show should be renewed. We don’t need another Grey’s clone and V has been horribly disappointing.

7. KB23 says:

Which two characters from OTM have pilots?!?! I love this show but no one seems to be watching or any of these entertainament websites seem to be interested in it – no discussions or recaps anywhere! :o( I would love to see this show renewed but have my doubts.

8. Jamie says:

V!! It’s just getting better.

I couldn’t make it through the OTM pilot.

9. Ashton says:

I have to sit this round out. These are two of my favorite shows so I can’t make a decision. I want to know what happens on V so badly, and I’m a sucker for Shonda Rhimes. Can’t choose!

10. MoxieSue says:

Looking at the bracket, I’m guessing it will be Chuck vs. Fringe in the final.

11. BrianR says:

I voted for V but I also want Off the Map to stay on if just for Caroline Dhavernas to be on TV again. Its not fair to have to choose between her and Elizabeth Mitchel. Lets get rid of the insipid Private Practice morass instead.

12. Allison says:

While I did watch “V” until about 3 episodes ago when I gave it up I voted for “Off the Map.” Last year we heard that ABC had to choose which show to give a second season (chance) to between “V” and “Flash Forward.” “V” could be great but it isn’t and it has wasted the second chance it stole from “Flash Forward” in my opinion.
    I agree with first comment that OTM just needs a chance to catch on, since it is from the creator of two other great shows.

• xav says:

They definitely made the right choice though. Flashforward had twice the amount of episode and only did half as much with them. So many interesting characters and they wasted all their potential.

13. McFLYVfan says:

V all the way!!! V IS the best show currently on broadcast tv!!!

14. amy says:

Off the Map….I watched it because it was Shonda and nothing else on at the time that interested me. I didn’t think I would be interested in it but I really like it. Great actors, great characters, interesting storylines. I wish they would put it on after Greys for a few weeks. Private Practice has been “meh” this year.

• Emily says:

I agree with you that it would be great after Grey’s. All too often I’ve been turning the tv off as soon as Grey’s is over because Private Practice just isn’t sparking for me anymore – but I do love the cases on Off the Map. Plus I feel that although the OTM docs are flawed – they at least try to change – whereas the PP docs keep on doing the same things week after week.

15. PV says:

V!!! save V

Its not the best show in the world, but its campy and fun. I look forward to watching it every week.

And its the only show where all the major players are women! Anna, Erica, Lisa, Diane – goodness I need this show to survive for that alone.

16. John Berggren says:

V hands down. I love the original and still hope that the new one can get anywhere close to it. Off the Map to me is another medical soap drama and it’s not like there isn’t an abundance of that on TV anyway. Why do we need Greys Anatomy in the jungle when Greys Anatomy is still running (and Private Practice)

17. Jami says:

V has finally become the show it should’ve started as! I vote for V! But the execs are so dumb! Both shows could be brought back, it’s not as though too many new shows work. They like the attention from viewers begging for their shows to be saved. I gave up asking for show renewals after Legend of the Seeker was canceled.

• Ruthie says:

I loved that show!! I was so sad it got canceled, and for what reason? It’s hard to find shows like that on TV on any network, cable or otherwise. I can’t even rely on the “Syfy” channel any more.

• Scott says:

I completely agree re: LOTS. I was pretty bummed when it ended and still had so much of the story left to tell. Sadly, no more Bridget Regan on my screen. :( As for the execs loving all the attention, well, let’s just say the people at CBS Blackrock weren’t all that thrilled when the Jericho fans(myself included)sent all the peanuts. The LA offices got several tons delivered too. Throw in a full page ad that was taken out in a Hollywood Trade Magizine in support of the show and we got a second season, sort of. So, it’s possible.

For my part, I voted for V. I was and am a fan of the the original and I am a fan of the new V. I am no fan of Grey’s Anatomy or Off the Map. I watched the pilot for OTM but found it lacking in anything that would keep me coming back. IF I want medical shows, I’ll take House any day of the week.

As far as the “numbers” go, does anyone know if the jerks at Neilsen ever started counting DVR viewers as well? I know that was a problem with Jericho but when the execs were presented with those numbers as well as online viewers from around the world, they actually took notice. I know that in some markets, including mine, Time Warner’s Primetime On-Demand does not list V among the ABC shows you can watch. Of course, Grey’s is there as is OTM.

18. Diana says:

I voted for Off the Map. I really like the setting and the characters have good chemistry. It’s interesting and easy to watch. Just my style after a hard day’s work.

19. Thom says:

Only one answer here. V

20. Brittany says:

Seriously? You expect me to choose one or the other?
    Why not both? :) I enjoy watching both shows! If I HAVE to choose…. I guess V.

21. Carrie says:

Even “V” is better than that awful “Off the Map”.

22. Jacques says:

As if this is a real duel … V … all the way!

Shonda Rhimes shows blow big time!

23. Cory says:

V all the way baby! It’s finally found it’s legs and is at a dead run for awesomeness! It’s a great show with many kick-ass characters! Off The Map… I constantly fall asleep during…

24. Sarah says:

I voted for V. With V at least you know that the wooden personalities and lack of emotions is because they aren’t human! With OTM it is just really bad acting. Last week the one doctor’s only good reason for not dating a guy growing the plant that cocaine is made from is “I grew up on Nancy Reagan and Just say no!” which I don’t she would have known Nancy Reagan much really at her character’s age. I am 30 and I barely knew Nancy Reagan. But couldn’t a Doctor at least come up with a better excuse like ” this one leaf is fulling a drug trade that is killing thousands and got you shot!”

25. Sarah says:

Fueling not fulling…sorry!

26. AndyLuvr says:

V for sure. US TV will not be the same without Elizabeth Mitchell, Charles Mesure and Morena Baccarin giving terrific performances each week. I can’t even imagine not seeing Mitchell and Baccarin on a regular basis on TV. So, please renew V, ABC!!!

27. brandy says:

VVVVVVVVVV

28. Ana says:

Voted for V. OTM is following the pathetic patterns of GA, and will just wait for its inevitable destruction.

29. Tara Hatmaker says:

Off the Map for sure!

30. Chantal Da Silva says:

V! It’s such a great show and it’s really unfortunate it gets overlooked.
    It has to stay on!

31. lamoush says:

kill them both… who cares!!!

32. Nina says:

If the primary actors are bailing out of OTM then they should renew V.
    I really like both shows.
    It’s just feel like it’s more proffesional to to see actors stick with there show and not go off and sign on to do Fall Pilots prior to knowing if there show is continuing or not.

It sends a bad message to the fans of the show. Like don’t bother…
    When 2 of of the lead characters sign on to new Fall Shows that just sucks.

33. Lola says:

I had to go V…partially out of loyalty to the original, which was such a big deal to me when I was little. And, I want to give it one more year to get into shape. And, I couldn’t vote for a show that is supposed to be about a hospital that is off of the map, yet, somehow has most of its patients are from the states…or europe. Really? That’s who their patients would be? And, the niceness of the hospital is simply silly.

34. tj says:

Off the Map, It started to get way better at about the second ep!! Now I am totally hooked. Even if they do a little tweaking with some of the characters that would be okay with me. I’d like to see more of Brenna anyway! Not the redhead.
    I tried V for one entire season (even through the break) and could not get into it) So my vote goes for Off The Map! tj:)

35. mgb says:

V is just getting to the good part, whereas Off The Map is so predictable and written at such a juvenile level that I stopped watching it after three episodes. This vote required no thinking whatsoever.

36. PamelaJaye says:

OTM is only “new and fresh!” if you never saw Going to Extremes. But I voted for it anyway. Seems even when Shonda’s bedhopping plots confuse me to boredom (Privacte Practice) sometimes the medicine or ethics is interesting.

37. PashaPd says:

V!v!V!

38. CS says:

Why are some shows pitted against shows on opposing networks and others on the same network? Granted this not a scientific poll and the networks are going to make their final decisions based many factors but, wouldn’t it serve two purposes if the brackets showed the networks which shows on their networks more people were for saving then a show they have have no control over?

Example “V” vs “Off The Map” both on ABC. Whoever wins that round will show ABC which show more people support. Same with “One Tree Hill” vs “Hellcats” – both CW shows competing for space on the network.

“Fridge” vs “Outsourced” however are on two different networks, FOX vs NBC and are two totally different shows.
    Outsourced has no chance against Fringe and shouldn’t have to compete with it. A better pairing would have been Chuck. Both comedies both on NBC. Or “Chuck” vs “The Event” (sounds like one of the shows episodes, too!) Bot hour long shows on NBC.

So how did you make these pairings?

39. CS says:

Anyone else seeing this coming down to Chuck vs Fringe?

40. GeriGalant says:

I am definitely an avid fan of “Off the Map.” The story penetrates to your core. It’s about saving a life with what they have, with the little that they have. It’s about finding themselves in the midst of chaos. It’s real life because its about LIFE! It’s about the human aspect of emotions and unrelentless love for another who can’t give you anything back in return. It’s about changing a person’s life whether the characters themselves in the show OR THE PERSON WATCHING IT!!! So, because of that I vote for “Off the Map”

41. Simone says:

My vote was for Off The Map. Now I’ve watched both shows but this season V just lost me. It’s no longer on my DVR and I don’t even miss it. It take a lot for me to give up on a show.

I was drawn to OTM by the talented (and oh so sexy) Martin Henderson who is a fine actor and I believe could grow in this role and is already a strong leading man for the show. In my opinion people didn’t give OTM a fair shot. They saw that Shonda was involved and immediately thought Grey’s in the jungle. It’s not that. As far as bedhopping, there hasn’t been much of that going on. The focus on the means the doctors have to go through to treat their patients is amazing. Come on, who else knew that green coconuts contained enough electrolytes to save someones life? I sure as heck didn’t.

Even though V has a talented cast, I’d rather see it go and make room for OTM to grow and flourish. Though me casting my vote for OTM is probably a sign that the show won’t make it. Firefly, Dollhouse, etc were all also huge favorites of mine.

42. Mairead says:

I vote for Off the Map. I caught it with the second episode and have been hooked since. I really think they should give it a chance and renew it so we can see what they would do with a full season.

43. Anna says:

I voted Off The Map. V doesn’t hold a candle to the original

44. Bernardo says:

I vote for OTF to be renewed!

45. sharon says:

I voted for V . I love the show. It’s different. I am so sick of comedies, hospital shows and police shows. We need more episodes to better develop the characters!! I always look forward to tuesdays. Every episode is great . Cant wait to see it each week!!!

46. Mk says:

Off the map!!!! It is a brilliant show. Will eventually end up as either the same or a greater hit than Grey’s anatomy !!! Addictive !!! I want more more more

47. Carlos says: