Kristin Kreuk Clears the Air On Her Smallville Status: 'Lana's Story Is Done'

Get More: Controversy, News

Smallville alum Kristin Kreuk apparently was met with a meteor storm of fan criticism after sharing her take on the CW show’s upcoming series finale — so much so that she decided to set the record straight on where she stands.

Speaking with Hollywoodlife.com at the Genie Awards last week, Kreuk said, “I probably won’t watch” the Smallville finale when it airs on May 13. “Maybe later on — like, on DVD or something.”

The actress’ honesty about not committing that Friday night to saying so long to the series she called home for seven years must have elicited some slings and arrows from the avid fandom. To fend off the online attacks — after all, she notes, “There are many people who are just waiting for me to say something that they can hate me for” — she posted some clarifications to her Facebook page.

“There is no personal reason why I am not watching Smallville weekly. Honestly, I never really did,” she shares. “I know people want to make it a drama … but there is really no drama.”

Kreuk’s love for Smallville must have also been called into question as it regards her MIA status from said series finale (whereas Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack are set to return as Lex and Chloe). About her absence, she says, “I do not believe there was ever a real offer for me to come back — though I am pretty sure that if I showed interest in returning, [showrunners] Kelly [Souders] and Brian [Peterson] would find a way to fit me in.”

Kreuk, though, steadfastly believes that Lana should not be shoehorned into a place she does not belong — and has said so in numerous interviews since leaving the series. (As she told me in early 2010, “The show has changed so much, it would be weird for [Lana] to come back. She was from a different Smallville time.”)

“I may be in the minority, but I thought Lana’s story ended well,” she says of her seven-year run, which was followed by a brief 2009 encore. “I liked that she gained inner strength and … had the courage to walk away from Clark, that her commitment to a greater good outweighed her very human desire to be with Clark. That she saw that her love for Clark would never diminish, even if they could not be in the same vicinity. And that if she did not do … the best she could for humanity, that would counter some of the very reasons she loved Clark in the first place.”

“I think her story is done,” she reiterated. “I am not sure how her coming back changes Clark’s story any longer. He has moved forward. As he was always supposed to do. As Lana would have wanted him to do.”

“I may be missing something,” Kreuk said in conclusion, “but those are my long-ass thoughts.”

Do you agree with Kreuk, that Lana returning for the Smallville finale would be incongruous at best? And were you surprised to see her red carpet comments draw such fire?

Comments (234)

• I think she is right in saying her part is finished. Its time for Lois and Clark. Good for Kristen

Comment by tony D – March 15, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why do Clois fans hate KK so much

Comment by svfan – March 15, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably the same reason Clana fans seem to rag on Erica for mundane things. In general with this fandom it seems there is very vocal minorities for all shipper based fans that get nasty with the other 2 female characters in other ships.

Comment by Mr E – March 15, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let them have their crappy 2m viewers an episode. Just remember when Smallville was in it’s prime Lana centric episodes were pulling 8m+ viewers.

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Mike – March 15, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kk I hope you come back to smallville the story just isn’t the same without out the Lana and Clark story is not done and neither is the lana story. Your character is a Classic character your never out dated I hope you do come back to Smallvile One more Clark and Lana special moment before the show ends this isn’t superman Clark and Lana forever

Comment by Mike – March 15, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of you guys are hating on kristen and the lana character we all know clark and smallville times is better then most of the new the smallville times now give credit where its due Clark and lana story line is way more interesting and more exciting than the clark and Lois story line. Kristen bring lana back for your fans all around the world give the fans one More Clana moment your smallville peers would love to have you back One more time lana alone moments and one more clark and lana love moments. Please come back for your fans

Comment by Mike – March 15, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, Please. Lana and Clark would make Mr. Rogers go on a rampage!

Comment by Muffy – March 18, 2011 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hating on a character and the actress that plays it,just shows how sad u guys are.KK did her job for as this show goes and she DO NOT owe this show or her co-works one d** thing… none of her so call co-works have praise her,so why should she return the favor(even though she speaks highly of them) u have got what u have bieng whinning for(KK/Lana off the show) and yet after 2+years later u are still hating on a actress/character thats not there anymore(sad) for as KK not watching the finale big deal,because from what i have readed JS/AOT haven’t wtach the show since they left either,i don’t hear a off with their heads… Superman have being around for 70+yrs and if this is what he represents(hating on others) count me out.

oh and MATT shame on u for letting this kind of crap take place!!!

Comment by OH PLEAAAAAASE!! – March 15, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well, i ain’t watching it either. the show has gotten progressively worse and the current fans of Smallville are ridiculously annoying. it tells you something when some of the largest amount of noise surrounding this show is generated by an actress who left the show two years ago.

Comment by yo – March 15, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Remember around Season 2 when Smallville was absolute must watch TV?. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand her feelings that Lana’s story is finished on Smallville. I agree, and I am certain she’s eager to move on in her career. That said, I find her comments about people who were upset about her earlier statement are just looking for a reason to hate her to be a bit surprising and a tad naive. (I’m sure there ARE people who are looking for a reason to hate her, but when even some of her biggest fans are upset by her comments, it seems a little much to play the “I’m a victim and people are mean” card.)

Smallville has been a huge part of her career, at least to date. I’m sure she will go on to do many other things, but there’s a very good chance that in 30 years, people will STILL associate Kruek with Smallville. Just like Ron Howard is still connected to Happy Days in many people’s minds to date, even though he’s gone on to be a successful director.

Did she really not anticipate the question was coming her way? And, given how deeply many fans have connected emotionally to this show (likely part of the reason it’s lasted 10 years), did she really expect some of these fans – even huge KK fans – to be rather offended at what could be considered to be a cavalier and/or dismissive opinion of the show that helped build her fan base?

Personally, I could care less that she’s not planning to watch the finale. I don’t blame her for feeling it’s a different show. That said, there was certainly a more politic answer to the question, and for her to seem to be so surprised – and even wounded – that fans would be upset at her comments is at best naive. It’s an absurd thing for fans to be upset about, sure, but it’s the business she’s in and that kind of fan reaction isn’t exclusive to the Smallville fandom and it’s not going away. It’s a little absurd that she’s still surprised by it after all this time.

Comment by Jade – March 15, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “plus IMO, erica durance is much hotter/sexier than kristen kruek”

haha ha what?,Not even going to debate this, there is no point.

KK is so much more than that, much more than ED will ever be.

Comment by RY – March 15, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe she said “long-last thoughts” instead of “long-ass thoughts”??
    That’s my short-ass thought on the matter anyway.

Comment by bll – March 15, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care that she doesn’t watch Smallville. But if you watch the video, you get the feeling that she’s not that bright, but I already knew that from her other interviews. She actually paused to think about what she said and then admitted that she wasn’t going to watch it and then she’s on a red carpet and didn’t know who designed her dress. I just think she’s terribly unprofessional. Honesty is great. She’s just not that smart.

Comment by Chris – March 15, 2011 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And I hated her story in season 8 and I hated how she left and the only reason why I would want her to come back is to fix that stupid story line. She felt like she had to get super powers to be equal to Clark. That’s so ridiculous. That’s why I like Lois. She just is who she is and that’s fine. Clark would and did love Lana any kind of way: fake pregnant, vampire, possessed witch, kryptonite necklace/body filled Lana, it didn’t matter. And all of that kryptonite would make her sick. They should have fixed the story, but I really wish that they would have NEVER done it. It was the worst part of season 8 for me, besides that anti-climactic Doomsday and fake Jimmy ending.

And I don’t even feel like Clark and Lois had a proper “Lana” conversation. Actually, they didn’t. It’s like out of sight, out of mind…like Chloe and Jimmy. No one freaking mentions Jimmy.

Comment by Chris – March 15, 2011 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry, but you naming every SV Lana Lang arc is funny. lol

Comment by Muffy – March 18, 2011 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree that the end of Season 8 was such a dud. I didn’t think they should have introduced Doomsday at all, but it was great to see it. But it didn’t resolve anything. And the whole Jimmy ruse. That was the only character on the entire show, with half a brain…!!! I thought if anything, they would be expanding his role. But they didn’t, they cut him off entirely. I thought if anything they were gonna kill off Chloe. Since she is really not a major character in the grand scheme of things.

Comment by Darrell – March 19, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If not for KK as Lana lang, Smallville would have never graduated from high school.

Comment by SVFan – March 16, 2011 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have nothing whatever against Kristin Kreuk. I’m sure she’s a very nice person. Why the hell are people criticizing her for not watching that loathsome TV series she finally got away from? I’m not going to be watching it either, so I understand her perfectly reasonable lack of interest. I’m sick to death of Smallville fans and their belief that this crappy series is the be-all and end-all of human existence, and that everyone else has to agree with them and fall down and worship it in awe and reverence. KK has moved on. The show has been over for her for some time. The show was over for me years ago, because THIS SHOW IS CRAP! That’s my opinion, to which I’m entitled, and KK is entitled to not watch it. If you’re a fan of Smallville, be a fan, watch the stupid thing which is destroying your brain cells, but let other people have their own opinions, and leave KK alone.

Comment by Jen – March 16, 2011 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t even know why she was asked that question. Her character is one of, if not the most hated character on the show and for a good reason. I have nothing against the actress, but I despise her character on SV. Clana and the stalling is two of the reasons so many fans dropped the show. There are many things I love and hate about the show.

Comment by Muffy – March 18, 2011 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No,Her character is one of the most loved

Comment by Supsfan – March 18, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ‘One of the most loved’? Loved by whom? The producers who thought Lana was the Virgin Mary? All those other characters on the show who worshipped her for reasons that totally escaped me? What did she ever do to earn that massive amount of ‘love’? Look pretty and have shiny hair?

Comment by Jen – March 18, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I have to agree with you on that one. As if there aren’t any other pretty girls in Smallville…!!! In fact, that Alicia character was way hotter than Lana. And she was a nutjob…!!! Are we supposed to be that stupid…? Look at the chicks Lex pulled in Season 2 alone. I mean come on. Granted, Lex is in another social status, but still…

Comment by Darrell – March 19, 2011 09:08 AM PDT
      • I agree. I despise her character, too, though I liked her well enough in the first season. But I just don’t think all this is the fault of KK. Yes, she was a very inexperienced actress, and I don’t think she’ll ever be a great one, but people really can’t blame the crap fest Smallville became on her. In any event, she really shouldn’t be expected to come back, just to give her fans one last look at her. For God’s sake, she was on for 8 years or so, and had far more storylines devoted to her than the character ever deserved. Enough, already.

Comment by Jen – March 18, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree that the writers of the show, didn’t know when to quit. They didn’t know when to put an end to the CLANA saga. And because of that, KK is demonized for the character she portrayed. I think after so many years, she could have enough pull and say, the character has run its course. She didn’t. I know there has been debate about Lex coming back and his reasons FOR coming back. I don’t think MR wanted to do comicon’s for the rest of his life, and I can respect that. But him bringing Lex back, was the right thing to do. Lana NOT coming back EVER…is the right thing to do.

Comment by Darrell – March 19, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my comment was removed(what the crap)i guess u have to hate KK inoder to get an oipnion heard… anywho,we all know the real reason so many of u hate Kristin/caracter and i don’t need to say it out loud,because u know within yourself now don’t u(pretty sad isn’t it) and Matt if this were your gold to keep the hate going on KK/her character,then u reached it(good job)

Comment by WHAT THE H** – March 16, 2011 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bad form matt very bad form you took something from kk face book and made it yours thats the same thing as stealing. just to cause hate that is the reason you suck matt. you matt are very disteastful pearson and you suck.

Comment by mattsucks – March 16, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just wondering that what if lana doesnt have any powers is there still clark and lois romance in the tv show “smallville”?

Comment by mary_margarette – March 16, 2011 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can bash lana and respect kk
    that’s my case i can’t stand lana and her arc in s8 glorifiction of lana as a god, Superman equal and nemesis, Oliver a killer, Chloé helping ollie, Clark the babby crying like a woman, tess was lex webcam, LOL, when lana was the best sv character ever
    her super suit was awful
    but i don’t bash kk
    just lana

Comment by Franck – March 17, 2011 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why dont they have a flash into the future and show clark and lois bumping into lana and seeing that shes been doing well or something?

Comment by Futured – March 17, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Like the flash forward idea but also have her lose the suit, like…it only lasts until the skin cells regenerate, something corny to go along with those 5 episodes of season 8.

Comment by SVFan – March 17, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed, line’s story line IS DONE.
    Although I did not like her story arc for season 8, it has come to a conclusive end, unlike Lex Luthor’s.

Comment by Andrew – March 17, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lana/Clana S8 arc was garbage. I have nothing against the actress, but I despise her character on SV. After S1 I no longer liked her and the Clark and Lana relationship was horribly written. Funny how the Lois and Clark relationship as been the better written relationship since S4.

Comment by muffy – March 18, 2011 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Better written in what sense? Clark and Lois just woke up as soulmates. That’s not how it works!. There has been no build up at all and it’s clear the producers weren’t initially intending on exploring the relatiobship. Clark dumped Lois for Lana twice in Crimson and Bride, and had to be ripped away from Lana to move on. So much for the iconic couple, at least Welling and Kreuk had a certain spark. Durance can hardly move her face to emote. Terrible.

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clois fans are jealous

Comment by Supsfan – March 18, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My point is her story ran its course. Sometimes you have to do what is best for the show, and not be trying to promote your God-awful Chun-Li movie, at the same time, on the show that made you known. (Yeah, another abortion in your career.) Her encore lapse on the show, only slowed down production. And sent the ratings spiraling down out of control. Its always been about the journey of Clark!!! Not any of the other characters. I don’t have anything against KK, and I realize her character did try to pull away from Clark several times. She tried to date other people. But Clark would find a way to re-hash those feelings. And he would always do something stupid, and drop everything for her. So if anyone gave Lana a complex, its Clark.

Comment by Darrell – March 19, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised KK` won`t watch,I`m surprised some people going to watch.

Comment by Jay – March 19, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clark kent will never be superman if there is no LOIS LANE!!! Lana was just his past from smallville which is clark kent/superman human emotions trial…

Comment by my_baby – March 20, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Lana and was happy with her send off. I agree with Kristin that it was beautiful and tragic and that both she and Clark have moved on. I don’t know how he’s moved on because I haven’t watched SV since Requiem. Anyway I am not upset that that KK isn’t going to be in the finale but I am kinda disappointed, it would have been nice to see just a glimpse of Lana in her present day life just to catchup with her. She needn’t be in SV or wherever the crew are now.

I wish KK all the best. She was a huge part of why I watched SV.

Comment by Wendy – March 20, 2011 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana is Clark’s first choice, he has to settle for Lois. I find that hilarious. Also the show sucks ass now. It’s been crap since Season 7 and has never bounced back. Seasons 9 and 10 are unwatchable seeing as Clois have no chemistry and the miniscule budget is pathetic. Is there only one street in metropolis?.

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lois Lane- Clark’s consolation prize.

Kreuk>Smallville

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well..CLARK AND LOIS FOREVER

Comment by hahahaha – March 22, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOIS IS FOR CLARK ONLY…LANA IS FOR LEX ON THE SMALLVILLE….

Comment by lovely – March 22, 2011 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont watch smallville anymore because lana is not in it. I love her character and i think they could have played the storyline better with her.

Comment by Latoya – March 22, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG DONT SAY THAT AGAIN PLZ.LANA FOR LEX?ARE U CRAZY?SHE NEVER WAS FOR LEX even when they get married.

Comment by bill – March 22, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ERICA is so HOT!!!

Comment by eric – March 23, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen not watching the show is her business, she’s entitled not to watch it and shouldn’t be made to feel bad about it.

Her liking the way Lana’s story ended doesn’t surprise me. THAT she should be made to feel bad about because she had a hand in making that atrocious storyline happen. The second Lana came back in S8 the show came to a dead halt so that it was ONCE AGAIN all about Lana Lang. And when she left she was more powerful than Clark Kent and without any of his weaknesses and with him ONCE AGAIN crying on his knees begging her to stay. Lana came out of it the winner in every way imaginable, and the future Superman was ONCE AGAIN completely crapped all over for her. So why in hell would Kristen WANT to come back just to have all that taken away from Lana? Simple answer: SHE WOULDN’T and if she came back it would be taken away. She left the show with Lana on top and as I mentioned before she liked it that way, so she WON’T want to return and have her character come in last.

I’m glad she’s not coming back, I don’t want to see her face in SV ever again; not even in a flashback. I don’t even want to hear the name Lana Lang mentioned in Smallville again, just the thought of it makes me break out in hives. So STAY AWAY Kristen. Do your other projects and I truly wish you well with them, but for god’s sake leave the future Superman and his fans in peace for ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Linda – March 27, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin/Lana is the best.
    Why didn’t the producers think about ALL the Clana fans and let them be together in an alternate universe?
    Imagine that: everybody happy!

Comment by José van der Linde – March 27, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Linda it is seemed that u hate the character Lana.As for not even mention her or show a video with her at the finale,u are totally wrong.Omg, Kristin(Lana) was the first actor of smallville and she was one of the most important at the series,so it’s unfair to not see or listen her again.This will only disappoint not only lana’s fans but also Kristin’s fans.

Comment by bill – March 29, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure only a few sad losers will be still watching this show at the end. Can hardly blame her.

Comment by Wr – April 2, 2011 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It might have been nice if as a side note she was shown in a distant place, at peace with nature in her happy and content life watching a small boy child playing with their dog, How old is the child, whose child is it, could it be….

Comment by Michael Turner – April 8, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I for one (going on 64 yrs old) have always been a superman fan! I loved the Lana Lang character in the series and think KK did a fantastic job!!! I hate seeing her leave. It takes away the “heart-tug” of the series. The program is usually on every morning here at 8:00 AM (on HDNET) and I always look forward to watching it first thing every morning. For some reson it isn’t on this week at all. Don’t know why! I definitely did not like the way they ended her character (car bomb)! i mean, I REALLY got into the series daily and Lana was a big part of the reason! They could have at least ended her character with a loving parting between her and Clark and THYEn began the Clark/Lois relationship! I still would have hated seeing LL leave though! She and Clark MADE the program (it was all about true love) and it just won’t be the same from now on!!! Just my two cents!

Comment by Dennis – April 18, 2011 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. The CLois relationship never had the “heart-tug factor” of Clark and Lois. It was this chemistry and tension between Clark and Lana which made Smallville such a hit to begin with.

Comment by Clayton Miller – June 10, 2011 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whoops…I meant the “heart-tug factor of Clark and Lana.”

Comment by Clayton Miller – June 10, 2011 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very sad to hear that Kristen Kreuk wont be returning for the series finale. . .Truth be told, I ve been hoping in awe, that she would suprise us all. However, after reading her interview, I understand the prospect of ending things on good terms, and recognizing when it’s time to say good bye. Im a fan of Smallvile, and a big fan of hers. As I am for many of the other cast-members. I wish my girl the best. Smallvile wouldnt of been the same without her. ; )

Comment by Cecil Singleton – April 18, 2011 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she has made the point of “she’s moved on” it’s as simple as that. The character’s life has ended for the show. Get a life people it just a TV Show ! Of course it’s good that people want to see her in the end for a happy closure to the show, but sometimes it doesn’t happen. And maybe she/writers didn’t like the way the character was going, as an actor you have to like the scripts you play. Plus, as your career moves along you want different roles…better roles. That was a long show for them to be on, they all grew up on Smallville.
    Seven seasons +5 episodes is so long. Chloe and Clark was the longest.

Comment by David – June 17, 2011 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The series finale kinda stunk in my book. They played up the whole Darkseid theme and then the climax was rather lame. Kreuk didn’t miss much the finale for me was rather anti-climatic. I totally agree with her on people wanting make a drama where one doesn’t exist. See,s as a society we’re hook on drama and conflict. It doesn’t bode well for our society if continue down the controversy feeding frenzy.

Comment by Silvio Renzulli – August 6, 2011 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i loved that she had the strenght to not get involved wid clark and to have the courage to say that she will or she wont be back on smallville! thanks for the great times for smallville fans

Comment by samuel eger – October 5, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree with darrel and angie. Lana’S̶̲̥̅ character was becoming really boring and it was ƪĩк̣̣̥ε she culd always make her maistakes go away and still manage to b everyone favourite. Am glad she left.

Comment by comfort – October 28, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It makes me really mad that fans talk bad about her , because I loved Lana being on the show and I’m really sad that she left . I seriously cried .. I wish that she was still on. I stopped watching smallville for awhile after she left because it wasn’t as good anymore..

Comment by Shanna Watson – October 28, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m late on this one and I don’t know if anyone is still reading this thread. But here’s my take on this: although I’m not a hardcore Smallville fan, I’ve always liked Kristin Kreuk; I think she’s lovely and talented. It’s a bit unfair that Kristin got all this backlash for saying that Lana Lang’s story is done. I get that fans of the show are upset that one of the major characters won’t be coming back, but Kristin, like all actors, are entitled to her own decisions. She’s an actress and she has the right to explore other roles, to turn down or to accept an offer, or whatever she thinks is best. Besides, I think she was just being honest when she said Lana’s story is done. The thing is Superman/Clark Kent is not like any other TV character. He’s an icon, arguably America’s most beloved superhero. His legend was already set long before most of the actors and fans of Smallville were born. According to this legend, Lana was Clark’s first love, but Lois was The One. Lana’s story, her role as Clark’s love interest, would come to an end, and it did. Kristin did a remarkable job in seeing Lana through. For me, it’s admirable that she was able to see beyond her own character, and was able to see the story in its entirety. She put the legend of Superman above the importance of Lana Lang. That’s vision, and it’s cool. I feel sad for her, though, and other actors who go through this kind of thing. They have a stressful gig. They work hard, and they try to please the fans, but still, it all comes down to one slip and they get haters instead of fans. Kristins’s facial expression was called into question, her word choices, even the fact that she said she didn’t think she’d watch the finale. She gets called ungrateful and disrespectful and other really harsh things. If fans can expend that much effort into interpreting every little thing, then I think that they can also expend just as much effort into giving their favorite cast and crew the benefit of the doubt. I mean that’s not too much to ask, right? Please, guys, let’s try not to jump to angry conclusions anymore. That way, we can enjoy our favorite shows much better, and we don’t cause needless pain to other people. Oh, and, I think its common among actors not to watch their own shows, not because they don’t want to, but because most of them have such killer work schedules. They just grab whatever spare time they can to rest and relax. That’s probably all that Kristin meant.

Comment by Gina – March 24, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s pretty clear she didn’t like the direction her character went….because it was dumb. She’s not the writer…but it’s her career, she doesn’t want to act in a stupid script.
    And that’s my loooong ass thoughts too. They didn’t do her right. She should of gotten a chance to direct too.

Comment by Dave – March 30, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She didn’t watch it because the script writing for her character went from brillant to stupid. So why watch it.

Comment by Dave – March 30, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana’s character was one of the best character in Smallville.. how she evolved from being a victim to becoming a hero herself and from being weak to becoming a strong person.. Kritin Kreuk has done the character justice and she’s a great actress.. And her not watching the finale is not a big deal. Almost all actors don’t watch their works and as she said, don’t make drama where one doesn’t exist. Come on people don’t be naive. her character was done and her life doesn’t only revolve in Smallville and not showing up on the finale, that’s her decision to make.

Comment by Michelle – July 2, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post