Fox Sets Summer Premieres for So You Think You Can Dance, Hell's Kitchen and More

So You Think You Can Dance — once again bubbling over with Mary Murphy and her Hot Tamale Train goodness — will be back on Fox by the end of May.

SYTYCD‘s eighth season is set to kick-off Fox’s summer slate with a two-hour premiere on Thursday, May 26 at 8/7c. As previously reported, Murphy will be back at the judges table with Nigel Lythgoe, along with rotating guests Robin Antin, Lil C, Tyce Diorio, Toni Redpath and Jason Gilkison.

Once the audition process wraps up, SYTYCD will move to its regular timeslot — Wednesdays at 8, with results shows on Thursdays.

Fox’s summer sked will also dish out a double helping of Chef Gordon Ramsay, when his two series return for new seasons. Masterchef is back Monday, June 6 at 8 pm, while his torturous reality-competition series Hell’s Kitchen opens for business Tuesday, July 19.

Which Fox summer series are you most looking forward to? Sound off below!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Premieres, Summer TV Preview

1. Bella says:

I love So You Think You Can Dance, but hate Mary Murphy’s shrieking. It’s bad enough on television, I don’t know how her fellow judges can stand it sitting right next to her. I hate to miss out on the show altogether, so will probably do the same thing I did the last time she was a judge and that is hit the mute button eery time the camera comes on her.

2. Jared says:

I am happy to hear Mary Murphy will be returning to SYTYCD. It just wasn’t the same without her.

3. mas says:

What will the format be? Will the all-stars be there? If so, who are they?

4. John Berggren says:

I wish Fox would make a special effort with Fringe and run all 3 seasons over the summer instead of Bones reruns.

• Linda says:

Here, here!! I agree!! I tried to watch Bones the first year because of David Boreanaz but just didn’t like it. I don’t know what all the hype is about with that show! Now Fringe on the other hand, is all over the schedule. Heaven forbid they move something else to another day and time such as American Idol or Kitchen Nightmares….you know, the reality stuff. Scripted shows always get the shaft. Too bad. I look forward to reruns in the summer (apart from SYTYCD) so I can catch up on what I missed.

• Kiki says:

OMG! that is a fantastic idea!!!

5. CAM says:

So glad Mary murphy will be back on SYTYCD. I hope they skip the All Stars and keep more new dancers.

6. Renee says:

As long as Mary cuts the shreaking WAY down I’m ok w/that. But what about Adam? Is he gone?

7. Zach says:

I’m super happy Mary is back, but extremely sad that Adam is gone. He was by far the best judge always good for praising and giving constructive critiques to the dancers. It will not be the same with out him.

8. Midori4 says:

“With no original scripted programming set to air this summer, Fox plans to unspool encore episodes of Bones of Fridays starting June 3 at 8/7c.”

Remembered when repeats of TV shows were called repeats and not “encores”?

Those were the days….

9. ella says:

Will Mia Michaels be choreographing again?

10. browner says:

one reason why american idol improved is because they have a white, african american and hispanic judge. “so you think you can dance” should do the same thing and get rid of nigal as a judge because he influences the other judges, he need to be a producer