Blind Item: Fave Character Going Six Feet Under

I’ve seen the future, and there are a lot of very unhappy people.

Multiple sources are confirming that a wildly popular character on an hour drama that has long been an Aushole staple is about to take his/her last breath.

I’m told the producers of this unnamed broadcast series are planning to kill off the fan favorite either in the season finale or soon after the show returns next season.

It’s not clear if the decision was made for creative or budgetary reasons — it was likely a combination of both — but it’s my understanding that it was not arrived at lightly. Far from it, in fact.

There’s also a chance the execs at the program in question will have a last-minute change of heart, but, according my spies, it’s an extremely slim one.

Which show is putting a hit out on one of its MVPs — and whose name is on the toe tag? The comments section is open for business!

1. Romilys says:

It better not be Castiel on Supernatural. Not only have the idiots running the show killed him in the LAST TWO FINALES but he is the only reason I’m watching the show anymore. So fair warning Sera Gamble -kill off the only good thing left on Supernatural – as I could not be more bored by the endless angst about Sam – and I am gone. So will alot of other Misha fans.

Oh and if you conveniently forgot how Misha and his fans helped you get the cover of TVguide and oh yes, he just won fan favorite in the TV guide awards, then you deserve to have your show crash and burn. I am livid and furious at the rumors that this is Misha/Cas who is going to die.

Death of Cas = no more watching Supernatural.

2. Shinyfirefly says:

It’s got to be either Callie or Arizona on Grey’s Anatomy. Why else would Callie be standing singing “Chasing Cars” saying she’s laying there and not rushing around panicked like the rest of the doctors? Also, in the preview clip, Callie is not standing there waiting for the ambulance. Plus Callie and Arizona’s parents are visiting for an episode in May. Either to help Callie with the baby or help Arizona with her loss.

3. Paige says:

Pretty sure after Grey’s last night that it’s gonna be Callie but the baby will live.

4. RowellE says:

Not Callie on Grey’s! :(

5. Harriet says:

Definitely Callie on Grey’s. Pity ’cause I just started watching again but once she’s gone there’s no characters who don’t bug me left.

6. Barbie says:

They wouldn’t go to the trouble of bringing Olivia Wilde AND taking Amber Tamblyn off the cast of House, just to kill Thirteen. I’m thinking she’s one of the safest characters, thank God.

7. matt says:

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this but I’m gonna guess Morgan or Casey on Chuck… It’s a broadcast show with constant budged issues, and is a pretty big Ausiello staple, and these two characters are always asked about/discussed on here (I know Chuck and Sarah are as well but let’s face it, they’re not going anywhere).

I don’t watch Bones but based on the clues given already it does fit the criteria. It could also be NCIS, but I dont think they have “budget concerns” on that show since it’s one of the highest rated shows on TV (most weeks it’s THE highest rated).

8. postsalot says:

Mark Harmon. NCIS. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

9. Sarah says:

I bet with ‘broadcast’ he was just referring to the fact that it’s a woman. ‘broadcast’ >> broad cast >> female cast member.
    ‘wildly’ >> Olivia Wilde
    And in the new clue we were given, the show has been on for ‘more than three, less than ten’ seasons >> 10+3 >> Thirteen.

So yeah, it’s definitely Thirteen on House.

10. Tia says:

I’m pretty sure it’s one of the Bones squinterns. :(

11. kevin says:

I Reckon Ziva As Well Lot Of Rumours She Does Not Want To Do Another Season Of Ncis

12. katie_mead says:

Will Cas fall to become Dean’s full-time partner in a Sammy-void? Cas & Dean could work just as well as Sam & Dean (plus the inevitable slash-fic wouldn’t be so creepy!).

• Minerva says:

I’m late to the party here and haven’t read through any of the other posts yet so I don’t know it it’s got many mentions – It’s got to be a show that’s planning a really big season finale so I’m thinking “NCIS” since their season finale episodes since Kate died have had some pretty big cliffhangers – Gibbs leaving, Tony meeting La Grenouille, Team Slit up, Ziva being beaten up, that Reynosa woman going into Gibbs’ dad’s store.
      **** Paragraph Space ****
      Ausiello said that the character would die either in the season finale or “soon after the show comes back” and NCIS fits this criteria. Didn’t Kate come back after she was dead – after the actresses’ contract was up at the beginning of season 3? Cote could do the same if Ziva is still alive but hurt at the end of the season finale.
      **** Paragraph Space ****
      Cote de Pablo who plays Ziva was on The Talk today and they barely talked about the show – just stuff about Cote doing her own stunts – that could be a clue. I was surprised they didn’t talk more about the show since The Talk is on CBS and so is NCIS and there is new episode on tomorrow night.
      **** Paragraph Space ****
      I also read that she hasn’t signed a new contract yet and hasn’t really talked about it like Michael Weatherly and Pauley Perrette did last year. They both talked about it before season 7 ended and then signed contracts during the summer.
      I guess that was a long way around my guess that the Six Feet Under character is going to be Ziva. RIP?

So sorry if this ends up posting twice but when it didn’t show up after 30 minutes I decided it got lost somewhere in the ozone.

13. clamshell says:

Although I agree with you on this, you are aware that Buy More is a fictional store, are you not? However, they can product place a lot of high end electronics.

14. janie says:

Well its definitely not grey’s anatomy according to this week’s ask ausiello… i am really scared that its going to be someone on House

• Mikos says:

He’s already confirmed that no one is buying it on House this season. While the blind item leaves the possibility of next season dangling out there, he would have updated if the item was now definitely NEXT season.

Wilson seems like a good bet though as he’s had less and less to do on the show it seems. But no, I’m still thinking it’s going to be someone from as show I don’t care about like Gossip Girl or Desperate Housewives.

15. hru says:

I hope it is Ray from CSI. I hope Nate blows him away.

16. Sav says:

It’s Ducky from NCIS. Trust me.

17. ME says:

Hope it’s no one from bones! Love angela and hodgins so it better not be either of them!

18. Jessica says:

Parenthood. When I just read its not Grey’s Anatomy my brain went to Parenthood because Peter Krause was on Six feet under. Is it Adam Braverman on Parenthood? Thats probably crazy talk.

19. BonesStalker300 says:

it might be a character from Bones, i just hope it neither Booth or tempe…

20. Kat says:

It’s Naomi on Private Practice.

21. Maggie says:

I hope it’s not any of the NCIS characters, but especially not Ziva! Everyone I know who watches has always loved her character. But the show would be very difficult to keep watching if we lose any characters. That and Bones I would hate to have anyone die in! If it’s anyone in Bones I prefer Cam dying, but she’s not exactly a fan favorite. I’m betting on Caroline, Sweets, or a squintern.

22. charah says:

aussie .. i pray to God that it’s not Sarah Walker of Chuck .

23. rien says:

It’s Cuddy. I’m pretty sure :(

24. AJ says:

I think that there will be someone killed off in each of the following shows: Bones, Castle, Desperate Housewives, House, and Fringe.

25. jenn says:

just because Cote de Pablo doesnt have a contract for next season means nothing. Half the cast just resigned in the hiatus between this season and the last. So im sure that is something they will work on after this season wraps. So I wouldnt look into it too much that her contract is up.

26. jenn says:

And those saying Mark Harmon he just signed another contract this year and to become an executive producer. Highly doubt it be him after the new deal.

27. colorguard28 says:

If it’s NCIS, I’m betting on Ducky, and probably early next season rather than this. They’ve been dropping the breadcrumbs for how he’s going to get written out, and it would fit the note about it being a creative and a financial choice – at some point they need to make Brian Dietzen a regular if they expect the show to keep going, and that probably means dropping an existing regular.

28. GG says:

Olivia on SVU. We all know how obsessed Ausiello is with Mariska, making her an “Ask Ausiello” staple. Other clues that fit: SVU is a broadcast, hour drama that has been around a long time. And, Mariska did just adopt a new baby and would prob. like to be home more, plus the finale scorecard lists a death a SVU.

29. Alex says:

As long as it isn’t Wilson on House or Huang on SVU, I don’t care who kicks the bucket.

30. Emily says:

It’s so going to be Olivia or Elliot on SVU! The “long” pretty much gives that away …. *cries*

31. NoChance says:

Not sure if Ausiello is still checking this older item but can you narrow down the shows for us? I’m dying to start guessing again but there are just too many to chose from.

32. Daisy says:

I think it’s gonna be Munch on SVU.

33. Laura says:

Please don’t be Cuddy or anyone related to House for that matter.

34. maria says:

It smells like Cuddy. It’s going to be very bad but this is crystal clear now.

35. Rory says:

This is gonna be Pete on PP, isn’t it? =(

• S. says:

Off course it isn’t Pete on PP. Ausiello said popular character. Reading the ABC boards you can tell that nobody cares if he dies.

36. Vic says:

I HOPE IT’S CASTIEL FROM SUPERNATURAL.

37. MB says:

Misha Collins as Castiel?

38. Ariel says:

If the Castiel is way more disgusting to dispose of character I’ll get sick with this :x

39. Daisy says:

Still think it Pete on PP. Ausiello said “wildly”, Pete’s last name is Wilder.

40. Clark says:

Now that the season is over, can you answer any of your blind items? I’m still going crazy not knowing who you were referring to going “six feet under” and the “diva being given the pink slip”. Answers please!!!

41. Lana says:

Today’s clue in the Weekly Scoop Newsletter says [BLIND ITEM CLUE: Not on ABC or CBS.]…so not Pete on PP, thank goodness!

42. I still miss HouseandCuddy whatthehellhavetheydone says:

This Blind Item was about…? WHO?
    Ausiello, please.

43. oliverhearst says:

Who was this blind item for anyway?