Blind Item: Fave Character Going Six Feet Under

I’ve seen the future, and there are a lot of very unhappy people.

Multiple sources are confirming that a wildly popular character on an hour drama that has long been an Aushole staple is about to take his/her last breath.

I’m told the producers of this unnamed broadcast series are planning to kill off the fan favorite either in the season finale or soon after the show returns next season.

It’s not clear if the decision was made for creative or budgetary reasons — it was likely a combination of both — but it’s my understanding that it was not arrived at lightly. Far from it, in fact.

There’s also a chance the execs at the program in question will have a last-minute change of heart, but, according my spies, it’s an extremely slim one.

Which show is putting a hit out on one of its MVPs — and whose name is on the toe tag? The comments section is open for business!

1. Leiney says:

It’s 13. Even if the character is assumed to not be “Wildely” popular, tptb have never admitted this, and the actress is popular and in high demand. Of course, the audience could see this coming, so tptb have to try to drum up some unexpected drama and excitement with it. And since the character has been mia most of this season, it’ll be interesting to see how/if they can do this.

2. Margaret says:

Surely Olivia Wilde – ‘wildly’ is too obvious – plus I doubt Thirteen is a wildly popular character. Looks like Wilson.

3. David says:

Let me just say that if Bailey or Cristina from Greys are in any way killed, I may quit the show.

4. Lara says:

‘six feet under’ and Australian..must be Rachel Griffiths from brothers and sisters

5. Master_K says:

Hmm my comment got deleted? Can you at least tell me if I had it right??? Now I’m thinking I know who it is!

6. mj says:

Why is everyone assuming House? Someone from Greys Anatomy or Private Practice is my guess.

7. Chiara says:

I read that they are casting a psycologist on Glee so it could be someone on that show!

8. Sara says:

House md core is House himself.
    Other character are all sacrificable.

9. Carolyn says:

I think it’s going to be Bobby on Supernatural, and that’s going to kill me. Castiel is wildly popular with some, but not with a lot of others. Bobby is almost universally loved by SPN fans. I hope it doesn’t happen.

10. Sshelly says:

Marg Helgenberger on CSI. Contract’s up and I think I read that she said she MIGHT be back for a few episodes next season…..

11. Zid says:

I’m fairly sure this blind item is about Rachel Rafter leaving the extremely popular Australian television show ‘Packed to the Rafters’. She says she’s leaving for better job opportunities in the U.S.A.

12. Don Olszewski says:

It’s someone from Dexter hence the six feet under reference. Michael C. Halls last show

13. Kiki says:

i’m thinking its BD Wong from Law & Order SVU since he is set to tape a pilot

14. Amy says:

My first thought was Wilson from House since he is doing Broadway. But then I read EW.com’s Spoiler Room and the writer said they have heard there will be a death on Bones and there was a picture of Sweets in the article. Maybe he will be killed by Broadsky. I wouldn’t be surprised. But poor Sweets. I love him.

15. Jack says:

Since KDS spoiled this on her weekly spoiler chat:

heyytamara: Glee. Klaine. Obv.
    Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) have a very lovely scene together coming up. Unfortunately, the setting of this scene is less than romantic…it’s at a funeral.

I’m going with Glee :)

16. susela says:

Maybe they’ll 86 Derek, so Meredith can go back to being dark and twisty. Or it’ll be Taye Diggs, so Addison can stay miserably man-less. It’s gotta be some soapy drama that’ll milk the emotional fallout.

17. MES says:

PLEASE LET IT BE RAY ON CSI

Lawerence Fishburne probably wants to go back to movies and theatre, and not many like his character, yes this says fan fav but CBS thinks he’s a fan fav, this could make up for all the Ray **** and even the continous saga of Ray/ Haskell the past 3 seasons

18. MES says:

It won’t be Marg(Catherine) on CSI, she said she dosn’t want her character to die, and she’s been planning to leave for a little while now

19. Leigh says:

I think the “Six Feet Under” reference is a big clue. B&S is a staple & longtime drama in its 6th year and is in trouble. If it’s renewed, the budget will be cut big time. So, I think Rachel Griffiths is a good possibility.

20. Debbie says:

I think its Dr. McDreamy. He’s never there anyway with all the stuff he does outside the show.

21. DP says:

Sara or Catherine from CSI. Marg Helgenberger is departing the series very soon and they’ve already started writing her departure. After the sweet sendoff William Petersen got, I could see them going a little more bombastic with Marg.

There are very…avid…Sara Sidle fans out there that would cry hot tears of horror if she died. I’m among them. I can’t see that happening, though, after they hitched her character wagon to Grissom’s. How demoralizing would that be?

22. DP says:

Six Feet Under is not a broadcast drama.

• LH says:

No, it was a cable drama that ended several years ago. The reference to it in the blind item header leads us to believe that one of the former SFU cast members that are now in broadcast TV dramas is the subject of the blind item. I’m going with Bones–re: the sniper & the casuality of one of the crew. I also could see B&S killing off Sarah (Rachel Griffiths–who played Brenda on SFU).

23. Me says:

I am SO hoping it’s Elliot Stabler from SVU. Please! Please! Please kill him off. Not only will we get rid of him if they kill him off but we’ll get rid of the crazy Stabler family.

24. Dringe says:

I’m almost afraid to think it’s Walter from Fringe..

• Roxie says:

I think they’d more likely kill off Peter than Walter. The Fringe episode Firefly hinted at the fact that Peter’s life will be in danger at some point, and it would make sense if this happened at the end of the season. I love Peter and hope he doesn’t die, so hopefully this death won’t be happening on Fringe, but it would make sense if it did.

25. drgiggles says:

With the tittle being fan fave going “Six Feet Under”, my guess is Sarah (Rachel Grifiths) from Brothers & Sisters

26. Syd says:

No! Not Wilson or Cuddy! They’re amazing!

27. Jane Smith says:

Criminal Minds is writing Paget Brewster off the show so I think Emily Prentiss will be killed off.

28. TarheelBlue says:

It had better not be Abby on NCIS. If so, they are going to see a mass exodus of viewers. Mark my words.

29. Roxie says:

My first thought was Peter Bishop. Although I hope this is not true, Fringe has been hinting at something bad happening to Peter for a while now, and I could see him sacrificing himself to save both universes. If they do kill off Peter, since his doppleganger from our universe is dead too, then they might have to create a third universe so that he can have some kind of existence there.

30. Dan says:

Patrick Dempsey. I seriously hope its not him, but creatively it could add a lot of fuel to Grey’s creative fire.

31. Lula says:

I doubt it’s anyone from NCIS he said it may due to budgetary considerations and NCIS is profitable.
    I think 13 is leaving House but I think it’s OWs decision not the producers.
    It really isn’t news that MH is leaving CSI, it’s already been reported that she only wants to do a few episodes.
    I don’t they would write Dempsey off Greys. I haven’t watched in a while but he’s still the male lead, right. I can’t see them writing him out unless he wanted to leave.
    House is most likely going into it’s last season it would be hard to have to introduce new characters to replace Cuddy or Wilson, just for one season. Also DS said it was posable Huddy could get back together in the future, if they are killing her off it would be imposable.
    It could be Chase from House. He’s the most popular team member and it’s easier to just have one less team member from a writing stand point.
    I don’t watch B&S but from what I understand the ratings are dragging so it would make sense to cut the cast.

• wtfisthisshow says:

If they killed off Cuddy, I could totally see Foreman stepping into that job somehow, so it’s not like they would have to have a new person take her place.

• Lula says:

They need at least two female characters on the show. They brought in a Masters while while 13 was gone, and they wanted to keep her but AT didn’t want to continue. I don’t see them wanting to do an all male show. They also seem to be moving back to the formula from earlier seasons, that would mean keeping Cuddy and Wilson.

32. Michael says:

Aside from the “I’ve seen the future” clue (which of course I’m assuming is even a clue), this kind of fits the character description of Casey on Chuck. Even though it’s a dramedy, he’s a fan favorite, people complain about no real sense of danger on the show, and he’s worked in plenty of shows before that Ausholes geek over which could make him a longtime Aushole staple, and then there’s the use of the word “spies.”

Thankfully I could never imagine the Chuck creators/producers going down that route. (Which would make it THAT much more shocking!)

33. Jessica says:

Hodgens – Bones

34. S says:

I’m scared for GREY’S ANATOMY because I don’t want to lose anymore characters from the core five. I feel like the actors/actresses are wanting to pursue other endeavors – I immediately thought of CHRISTINA. If they kill off anyone from GREY’S I’ll be heartbroken.

Go kill off JENNY from GOSSIP GIRL

35. Nathan says:

As long as this isn’t referring to The Vampire Diaries (which I don’t think it is because it’s only been on two years) or Castiel from SPN, I’m fine. Curious, but fine.

36. Nicole says:

I’m praying it’s Elliot Stabler on SVU. It’s getting to be about his time. And it would make me very very happy.

37. Lillia says:

As much as I love Bones, they have a LONG history of ripping out your heart and stomping on it just for fun (see ep “The Pain in the Heart” or either of the eps where Booth and Brennan made their confessions of love as examples). However, I think if they got rid of say Cam (whom I really like) or Sweets (who is endlessly annoying) the show could have a a whole new dynamic again, but in a good way. Plus, if they off Sweets, they could go back to Zack’s storyline. I’d love to see him back… the show hasn’t been nearly as good without him.
    I know it’s wishful thinking… I just don’t want to see major changes on House or NCIS since I’ve probably already completely lost Lie to Me.

38. wtfisthisshow says:

I can’t help but think it’s Wilson from House. Think about it: he is House’s last rock, the only person in his life that he can rely on totally right now. I can totally see them killing off Wilson just to make House’s storyline super dramatic.

I really hope they decide against that. I mean, I wouldn’t stop watching the show (unless they hooked that Huddy crap back up) because there’s still House and Foreman I’d watch for.

I also hope they don’t kill off Cuddy. I hated the Huddy storyline, but prior to season 5 I really liked her and I hope they can get her back on track soon. House writers just fail at female characters – look at what they did to Cameron and Thirteen was never exciting. About the only female character they did well with was Amber, and they killed her off. Should have kept her and got rid of the eyecandy Thirteen.

39. TexMike says:

Instead of Peter Krause, is’s the Rachel Griffiths character on Brothers & Sisters.

40. Rhea says:

Anyone else think it might be Hodgins on Bones? Last I checked, he was pretty popular with the fans, I personally I love the character and would be devastated to see him go.
    There’s been rumor about a regular being killed, but we thought we were off the hook after Broadsky took out the Gravedigger. Now the rumor’s back, though…I’m just hoping I’m wrong.

41. Dean says:

Who is Australian? (“Aushole”)

Him/Her is a fan favorite on a hit TV show that is not on one of the Big 3 networks.

The show also has to be renewed or close to being renewed.

“Wildly” popular also might signify that the character is out of control or even a werewolf/vampire.

So it can’t be Cuddy, Wilson or 13. No anyone from Smallville.

42. Pop Vulture says:

My guess is Peter Krause on Parenthood.

• Lula says:

Parenthood hasn’t been on the air very long. It started mid season last year. the article said “character on an hour drama that has long been an Aushole staple”, with an emphasis on LONG.

I’m leaning towards Greys, I haven’t watched in years but they seem to have a very large cast. Grey’s ratings aren’t what they once were and trimming a cast member would save money.

43. christina campbell says:

I hope its abby she’s such a baby she’s not in that many episodes anyway ziva is much better and not so liberal

• NoChance says:

So you want a character dead because you think said character is a liberal? Whoa, that’s harsh. Or could you be blurring the line between TV and real life because the wonderful woman who portrays Abby is a liberal?

44. jules says:

I agree with those saying Olivia Wilde because of the “wildly popular” thing. Fingers crossed, anyway. Hate her character.

And just because RSL is doing Broadway doesn’t mean they’re killing off Wilson. For one thing, the show could close before he needs to be back for new episodes, or he could be replaced in the cast. Jim Belushi is also in “Born Yesterday” and last time I looked, he was the star of a show on CBS that has not yet been canceled. It hasn’t been picked up for next season, either, but he can’t be betting all his chips on cancellation and just running off and doing a Bway show.

So I’m saying Olivia Wilde. Although Rachel Griffiths from Brothers and Sister or Peter Krause on Parenthood are also decent choices, given the “Six Feet Under” reference.

45. hru says:

Please Please let it be Larry Fishburn on CSI

46. NS says:

I’ll just put it out there: I’m pulling for Sweets on Bones to get the ax. The character is slightly less annoying now than his introduction in season 3, but I still can’t stand him. He is the least professional character on that show (Daisy’s comments to Brennan in the Season 5 finale demonstrate his lack of discretion). He needs to go. Is it too much to hope for they’ll bring Zack back??

47. NoChance says:

I’ve really got to start watching more TV because I don’t know if they characters you guys are talking about on “Grays”, “House” or “Bones” or “Brothers and Sisters” are really popular and beloved.

48. potterlily says:

JUST AS LONG AS IT IS NOT GIBS.

• NoChance says:

I don’t want it to be Gibbs either and I think we can breathe easy on this one because Mr Harmon signed on for more seasons back in February and right after that the show got renewed for another season.
      If he’d decided to leave – and I don’t think the network for fire him – then the show would not go on.

49. ohreally says:

If it is Miranda Bailey, who I think definitely qualifies as being a fan favorite, it will make me so sad.

50. Dawn says:

The rumor mill is on fire with Supernatural and Misha Collins who plays Castiel. Misha has not currently signed for a S7 if there is one is a fact. So, does this mean that Castiel could could be getting killed off in the finale?

Come on throw everyone a bone, more hints, or narrow down the show or something for all viewers whether the Blind Item is about SPN or another show. More info, please …