Blind Item: Fave Character Going Six Feet Under

Get More: Blind Item, Scoop, Spoilers

I’ve seen the future, and there are a lot of very unhappy people.

Multiple sources are confirming that a wildly popular character on an hour drama that has long been an Aushole staple is about to take his/her last breath.

It’s not clear if the decision was made for creative or budgetary reasons — it was likely a combination of both — but it’s my understanding that it was not arrived at lightly. Far from it, in fact.

There’s also a chance the execs at the program in question will have a last-minute change of heart, but, according my spies, it’s an extremely slim one.

Which show is putting a hit out on one of its MVPs — and whose name is on the toe tag? The comments section is open for business!

Comments (718)

• Please don’t let it be Wilson on “House.” RSL is doing a Broadway play, and I hope that doesn’t mean he’s leaving “House.”

Comment by Maggie – March 14, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope not too. He is the best character after House. I would like to see Cuddy gone.

Comment by Brandi – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too, I’d like to see Cuddy go too. But knowing that she’s not a fan favorite for ALL fans, I’d say it’s unfortunately not her.
        I also doubt that it’s someone on House anyway, because House hasn’t been renewed yet.

Comment by Liz – March 14, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That doesn’t even make any sense. Just because there are some people that don’t like Cuddy doesn’t discount the fact that she is most certainly a fan favorite. EVERY fan favorite character has people that don’t like him/her, as we’re not all of one mind. ANYWAY, I certainly hope it’s not my girl, Cuddy.

Comment by Melina – March 14, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If it’s Cuddy I’m so DONE with the show. Women are not expendable. Getting rid of Cameron was bad enough, but this would be too much. I’m already quitting Criminal minds over JJ and Prentiss’ departures; my last ep is this week’s. House will join them if they kill off Cuddy.

Comment by Ariella – March 14, 2011 07:18 PM PDT
          • Cuddy is awesome. Why would they do that? For the shock value? What about after? I know I’d stop watching. That’s just not right.

Comment by Amanda – March 14, 2011 09:36 PM PDT
          • What about Sarah (Brothers and Sisters)? She is definitelly a fave and Rachel Griffiths played Brenda in Six Feet Under!

Comment by Saulo – March 15, 2011 12:31 PM PDT
          • agree w/ saulo….she said she was going to be unemployed soon….. http://perezhilton.com/2011-05-04-rachel-griffiths-suggests-brothers-and-sisters-axed

Comment by jdub – May 5, 2011 07:16 PM PDT
        • I hope is Wilson. He doesn´t add anything to the show at this point. Cuddy is needed for the big fall out and after that she needs to bring House back from his misery before the show ends. Cuddy is certainly a fan favourite but i think it would be a huge mistake. She is not expendable as Jennifer Morrison

Comment by Gerol – March 15, 2011 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wilson adds nothing to the show? Wilson is basically the only person who truly cares about House despite the bumps in the road in their friendship. What show are you watching?????

I pray it isn’t Wilson.

Comment by Patti – March 15, 2011 06:25 AM PDT
      • I’m thinking it can’t be Cuddy – if it was, Michael wouldn’t comment on it so lightly, right? I always thought he loved Edelstein (and Cuddy, obv), so I don’t think he’d be able to give the news like this… Right?

Comment by Delirious – March 15, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Im with you here. I dont think is Lisa for that reason also Hugh as Exec producer will probably be the first to oppose Lisa or RSL leaving for budget reasons. He also knows how important they are for the show.

Comment by tahina – March 15, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ”She is not expendable as Jennifer Morrison”
          Jennifer Morrison is expendable. She is very very important. TPTB are stupid and LE now have a great role JUST because she is close friend with KJ (bleah! totally unprofessional!). LE is a horrible actress and gets things only in this dirty mode. When show start (and had succes) Cuddy had 2 second of screen-time of episode and don’t count anything. Now House md is mediocre and boring and she is the queen of the show.
          Horrible woman, horrible actress. She don’t have any future like actress and I’m happy about that.

Comment by SASHA – May 4, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be awful. Hopefully it is Lisa Cuddy. Her character is boring.

Comment by Dani – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh but Wilson’s a thrill a minute party animal.

You’re boring. And a stupidhead.

Comment by sadtroll – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wilson’s boring. I hope it’s him!!!!

Comment by Samantha – March 14, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i totally agree! i hope its cuddy

Comment by Kathleen – March 14, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it’s on HOUSE it’s gotta be Cuddy. There’s no way they’d kill off Wilson. The girls are always expendable on shows. I know it’s not Wilson. The only other one it could be on the show that’s wildly popular is Cuddy.

Comment by T. – March 14, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Get ready to eat your words; it’s Wilson.

Comment by Alicia – March 14, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yeah right. besides, how do you know? none of the rumours and spoilers have turned out to be true so don’t tell me you have a source. i’m not buying it. besides, it’s always the girl. it’s so Cuddy. this sucks. i don’t want her or wilson to leave. why do shows do this to us? ugh!!

Comment by wtf – March 14, 2011 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Always the girl, true, except for that one time Kal Penn blew his brains out.

Comment by Sourabh – March 15, 2011 08:48 AM PDT
          • “Always the girl, true, except for that one time Kal Penn blew his brains out.”
            Except in that case, it was Kal Penn who wanted to leave the show.

Comment by echo – March 21, 2011 09:59 AM PDT
    • I’m thinking Wilson as well. House’s renewal has been drawn out due to budget issues, also Robert Sean Leonard cause a gig on Broadway after filming wraps for this season.

Comment by Corinne – March 14, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aus as in Australia. Well, that’s house, and that other one CBS Crime show (can’t get the name?) with the Australia actor, Anthony something.

Comment by Sally in Chicago – March 14, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol, he means “Aushole” as in an Ausiello favorite, so a show he really loves and reports on often.

Comment by Carrie – March 15, 2011 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It damn well better NOT be Cuddy! I’m throwing in the towel on Criminal Minds this week after Prentiss’ (Paget Brewster’s) final episode, and won’t hesitate to dump House as well.
      Don’t be stupid Shore & Co.

Comment by Alicia – March 14, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maggie, the filming SCHEDULE for the series allows RSL to be on Broadway. I believe that the series is almost done filming for the season.

Comment by Tania – March 15, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it ends up being Tony on NCIS then I am officially done with this series. That death would be the one that would get me to stop watching this show especially since a lot of the episodes are hit and miss to me anymore. Without Tony the only good cast members you have left are Ducky and Abby and not even they could keep me watching the show without Tony in it.

Comment by Wendi – March 15, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its definately a house character. Theres been other spoilers about that on other house fansites. and since aussiello italicized the word “wildly” its probably olivia wilde. She probably wanted more money per episode now that she’s a movie star, so they’re cutting her.

Comment by Brandy – March 22, 2011 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “If” the kill off is on House it’s not 13! She will be back next episode and the “kid” will be leaving- The only show I’ve seen in the last two weeks that might have a hint of someone “leaving” is NCIS with the arrival of that female team leader that took Tony’s Rota job.

Comment by irishred – March 29, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thirteen on House. Olivia Wilde=wildly?

Comment by Amanda – March 14, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • is Thirteen a fan favorite though? i thought a lot of people didn’t like her because she’s boring??

Comment by Krista – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope it isn’t her. I like the character and the actress.

Comment by Dani – March 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 13 is exactly what I thought too since Olivia has her budding film career but I don’t think she is “wildly popular” I think a lot of House fans ind her overrated (although I love her) because of how much attention she gets from the media and a lot of people have said she pulls focus from House and “more important” characters.

Comment by Kris – March 14, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly that would be my guess …. and … “aushole” I hope not “aussie” because it could be chase

Comment by ivan – March 14, 2011 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t be Sweets on Bones…..

Comment by Lily – March 14, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am guessing possibly Sweets as well. I love his character and hes awesome with them but if you wanted to have a huge horrible event that would drive the bones team….THAT would be it

Beware Arnold Vosloo…..I tell you he and Oded Fehr just make shows better

Comment by Dave – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Arnold Vosloo did not make 24 better. sorry.

Comment by Jordan – March 14, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it might be Camille Saroyan (Tamara Taylor,Bones)….toe tags..she is a coroner or sorts, and her character development has sort of fallen flat after the daughter/boyfriend arc. Plus if its her, there will be consequences for the rest of the cast in terms of how they will react to that, so not ‘a decision taken lightly’ seems apt.

Comment by loli – March 15, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What you said about Oded Fehr X 10! love you man

Comment by seeingdouble – April 1, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sweets was my first thought to… I sure hope not! I love Sweets!

Comment by Autumn – March 14, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sweets is popular??? I think he is ridiculous, and completely unnecessary for the show. I think the show went to crap when he arrived, and it hasn’t recovered since. Hopefully it is him…and he’ll take Daisy with him!

Comment by Tina – March 14, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t it be Angela? I know she’s a huge fan favorite, but I’d really, really like it if she got offed. Hate her character now.

Comment by Suzanne – March 14, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What, and leave her child motherless? Yeah, right.

Comment by Bethany – March 16, 2011 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so long as it has nothing to do with Bones, we’re good.

Comment by Riviera41797 – March 14, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dont worry Bones never was and still isn’t considered a Hit show. Mid pack show is how its classified.

Comment by Fern – March 14, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Curious, what is “your” definition of a hit show? What criteria do the shows that met your definition have that Bones doesn’t?

Bones has ranked 1-3 in it’s time slot with hh viewers, 1&2 in the coveted demos for the past 3 years, has a large fan following is consistently in the media. It’s part of most internet chats by internet magazines and falls on the list of fans favorite.

Comment by Mandy – March 14, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It doesn’t say hit show, just popular character on a Aushole staple drama.

Comment by Davad – March 14, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well for a non-hit show, it beat out Grey’s and CSI last week. Just because you don’t like the show doesn’t mean your opinion’s worth much.

Comment by Carolyn – May 11, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re already killing off (probably) a recurring character, I can’t imagine they’d also kill off a regular less than a season later. And I can’t think of any non-regular who is wildly popular… except maybe Caroline, and I’m just ignoring that possibility entirely…. la la la, can’t hear you!

Comment by b – March 16, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The said character being killed off is in the season finale, meaning, this has nothing to do with Bones. xD The character being killed off in Bones is during the last sniper episode (2nd to the last episode of Season 6).

Comment by Enzell – April 9, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully it is Cuddy/Lisa Edelstein on House.

Comment by Ben – March 14, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Best move they could make.

Comment by Patty – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This.

Comment by tara – March 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, please

Comment by James – March 14, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA.

Comment by Sally – March 14, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agreed! I’d be happy if she died. But the long part got me thinking: maybe someone from CSI or Law &Order: SVU? They’re both long shows, most of their characters are very popular and both are still considered hit shows. They’re also returning for seasons 12 and 13. I guess it’s a possibility.

Comment by Jules – March 14, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please god, let it be Horatio Caine.

Comment by Jane, London, UK – March 15, 2011 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I so agree, but calling David Caruso a fan favorite would be a exaggeration.

Comment by tvfan – March 29, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Greg on CSI. Really. Eric Szmanda’s lack of acting chops were revealed on that horrible episode with his BFF Deeta Von Teese. Moving his character Greg from lab rat to field CSI was a big mistake since he was best in small doses. They let Liz Vassey go last summer due to budget.

Lots of fans like Eric and Ausiello does spend time on CSI, esp. GSR news.

Comment by ginnee – March 15, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Its not Marg from CSI or Paget Brewster’s Prentiss from Criminal Minds, if we are to believe what the writers on those shows are telling us, both those characters have the option to return next season. That said on Craig Ferguson a a few weeks ago, Marg Helgenberger was rather cagey when asked if this was her last season on CSI, like she was saying she might be on next season only to protect the story, not sincerely…just my take on it.

Comment by loli – March 15, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think it’s someone from CSI, but we can rule out Catherine, Sara and Nick – George Eads said he wants to be in the series until it comes to an end, Marg is still doing a few episodes next season and I think Jorja Fox will probably get a promotion as soon as Marg leaves. Maybe Greg or Ray?

Comment by Julie – March 16, 2011 06:44 AM PDT
  • It is probably Olivia Wilde on House because of the “wildly” choice of word

Comment by Jessica – March 14, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • shes not a fan fav

Comment by Anna – March 14, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel from SPN?

Comment by Michelle – March 14, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A lot of people will be pist about that one!

God I hope not……

Comment by Anita – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do not want to lose Castiel
        How would Dean kill him
        No no no let it be Bobby and
        Lisa and thats if it is Supernatural

Comment by Leigh – March 14, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hell no not Bobby.

I wouldn’t mind if it was Lisa though.

Comment by Ashton – March 14, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “How would Dean kill him”

How do you know it’s Dean? Raphael or any other angel can kill him. :\

And please NOT Bobby.

Comment by Alana – March 16, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yes please be Castiel. I am so over angels and demons taking over this show.

Comment by Christopher Robin – March 14, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nah, Cas’s appearances have been one of the few bright spots in a very uneven season so far.

Comment by Marta – March 14, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not a praying man but I would call upon Heaven if necessary to intervene in that one.

Comment by Rob – March 14, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see how they can afford to lose any more viewers, they’ve already lost loads this season. It’d be show suicide to ditch Collins, a lot of fans are just watching for him. Anyway death means nothing on Supernatural. If they really want to do it for shock value, they’ll off Sam but then just bring him back.

Comment by Evie – March 14, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Evie. SPN has NOT lost loads of viewers this season. Its season average to date is only about 300,000 less than last seasons average, and that is after a move to Friday night – traditionally a terrible night for ratings. So sorry but you have your facts wrong.

I’d be very disappointed if it was Cas, but not devastated. I doubt SPN would count for Ausiello as a ‘hit show’ though, and SPNs cast is so small that I doubt they would need to lose a quarter of their regular cast for budget reasons. It isn’t like and ensemble cast with one big name who gets big money.

Comment by Geordiegirl1967 – March 14, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t see where he says it’s a hit show. Just an Aushole staple for a long time. SPN definitely qualifies for that.

That being said, I really don’t want to see Cas or Bobby go. :(

Comment by Fiona – March 14, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hope that it isn’t Cas since he has helped to revive the show, which may have gone stale by the end of season 4, if it weren’t for his imput.

Comment by cg – March 14, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • well the show has lost me this season, I’ve been a huge fan up to now, even done the conventions too, but I’ve hated this season and haven’t even watched the last 5 episodes, I just don’t care anymore, Sera Gamble has ruined my show.

Comment by jael – April 20, 2011 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • SPN is not a BROADCAST show so couldn’t be SPN. Pay attention to the details please.

Comment by Dede – March 14, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • SPN is a broadcast show. It’s on the CW, which along with ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX are the five broadcast networks. What do you think broadcast means?

Comment by Beth – March 15, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s someone from SPN too. There is already a spoiler for a major death in SPN if I remember correctly.

Comment by Christine – March 14, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it’s Sam from supernatural. I read that the wall in his mond will be broken during the season finale. You might as well make it a series finale at that point. No need to jump the shark (or has it already?)

Comment by sharon – March 14, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t SPN put out the “beloved character will die” spoilers for last season’s finale? Yes, they did. And they killed both Bobby and Castiel. Which meant nothing, since they brought them both back immediately. And before that, everybody else died and somehow came back too. The death of a character on this show has no impact anymore. Even if the deceased is not brought back in the flesh, he or she is brought back as a ghost or something. Where’s the suspense?

Comment by bestshowfan – March 15, 2011 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This blind item is not about SPN for 2 reasons 1. Though I love the show, it can hardle be described as an “Aushole staple” and 2. Kripke & Co. have already told us there will be surprising deaths by the finale, so there’s no reason to make that announcement a blind item.

Comment by Charissa – March 15, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That has been my first thought. It seems like they are ready to finish this angel storyline and there has been talk about focus turning over to him a bit for the rest of the season. They killed Misha in the “real universe” so maybe that was a clue of what was to come? This scares me. I don’t want him to die.

Comment by ErixN – March 14, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope not! Love Castiel and Misha is a favourite on set too, I think. But the story makes it sound like there will definitely be another season, and we’re still hoping that it gets renewed. I don’t think it is Supernatural or Fringe either, because of that statement.

Comment by Chiana – March 14, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would you even suggest such a thing?!?!? How dare you!!

Comment by Melody – March 14, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Firstly, it’s #SPN so no one dies forever. Hell Dean and Sam have died more than most! Bobby has died, so has Castiel – and six feet under for Castiel? I don’t think so. Kripke is extremely adept at getting the fans going.
      Loss of viewers? When did that happen, as far as I can see the show is doing great and if you watch a show, surely you’re ready for all episodes you might not like – Ghostfacers are my least favourite, didn’t make me stop watching.
      Meg maybe? But then again Aushole? Not sure what that reference means and Aus loves to be a damn windup merchant at times! Don’t you Aus?
      Why bother speculating, you can make yourself crazy and you hardly ever get the damn thing right! Oh and why would Dean kill Castiel exactly? Another AU?

Comment by Jaclyn – March 15, 2011 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How do you know that DEAN would kill Castiel?

Comment by Alana – March 16, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really popular series, and surely renewed for a next season (so that it happens “soon after the show returns next season”), and considering SPN is ending this season…

Comment by Delirious – March 15, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Spn’s ending? And how exctly do we know that? Last time I checked, there was no word on renewing the series yet. (And since it IS one of CW’s strongest TV show, I doubt they’d cancel it.)

Other than that, OH CHUCK, PLEASE NOT CAS.

Comment by Katty – March 15, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How is SPN ending????? It has more viewers than it did last season and almost every website that I’ve seen has said that SPN is almost certainly going to be renewed.

On another note, I really hope it isn’t Castiel. He is my favorite character on the show, and I like it so much better with him on. But the producers have said there are going to be at least 2 surprising deaths before the season ends, so I hoping that Rufus getting killed is one of those surprising deaths. I think this blind item might be about either Bobby or Castiel.

Comment by Abbey – March 15, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Noooooooo. No No No. Noooooooo.

Not Cas. Noooooooo.

*deep breath*

Comment by Coco – March 17, 2011 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IS this someone from Glee?

Comment by Sandy – March 14, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please don’t be Burt, please don’t be Burt….

Comment by aleksa – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s signed on for SIX EPISODES next season, and they aren’t stated specifically for the start of the season (Ausiello said either in the season finale or shortly after next season starts. He would have to be alive for those 6 episodes and then die at the end, so I don’t consider that shortly.

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He said this person has been an Aushole staple for a long time, so it can’t be Glee.

Comment by Amanda – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He also said it was a DRAMA

Comment by Brandi – March 14, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Gibbs: Drama. Staple. WTF moment that Ausiello is implying.

Comment by Meg – March 14, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Gibbs as in Mark Harmon? He just signed a new contract.

BTW, is this person bigger than any of the 18 characters that bit the dust in last year’s season finales?

Comment by Anna – March 14, 2011 04:22 PM PDT
          • My first thought was Ziva. I think Cote de Pablo is the only one who hasn’t signed a contract for next season. And everyone knows NCIS only kills women.

Comment by Jill – March 15, 2011 07:17 AM PDT
          • Weird, I can’t answer Jill, so I’ll answer Meg, and hope this appears below Jill…

Ziva? Seriously, how could they handle that? Yeah, they kill off women, but killing off yet another one of Gibbs’ girls would be surreal, either because it’d mean Gibbs shoots himself, or it wouldn’t make sense if things continue normally. Shannon/Kelly, Kate, Jenny… And now Ziva? Seriously, that’d make anyone (including Gibbs) want to shoot themselves. Only thing worse than that would be Abby.

Comment by Delirious – March 15, 2011 08:08 AM PDT
          • I really don’t think it will be Gibbs. Mark Harmon just signed a new contract, plus it is his team. There is no NCIS without Gibbs. I also don’t think it will be Ziva, because even though the show tends to kill female characters, I hardly consider her a fan favorite who gets mentioned a lot.

Comment by Sam – March 17, 2011 01:36 PM PDT
          • Don’t forget Paula Cassidy. They killed her off too. If they kill off Ziva too this would be way too much and really give credence to the fact the accusations that the show doesn’t like strong female characters. I would hope that is not a message they want to send. IF CDP doesn’t resign they could have her get married or go back to Isreal.

What about Susan from Desperate Housewives? Is that considered a drama or comedy? Isn’t she having kidney problems? Maybe they will have her die from complications. Terry Hatcher is popular on that show isn’t she? She is also probably highly paid so that might tie into the budget angle of the clue. Just a guess as I don’t watch that show just have seen comericals and heard it talked about in TV press.

Comment by Linda – April 1, 2011 06:04 AM PDT
          • It won’t be Ziva, CBS can’t afford to cut another woman from their shows without a sexism debate starting up. No one wants that kid of publicity.

Comment by Amy – April 7, 2011 07:23 AM PDT
  • Hmm..Shamar Moore from Criminal Minds? Just read another blind item that a former soap star is returning to his role…could it be him????

Comment by Eric – March 14, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or worse…what if it’s Dr Spencer Reid??? I’d cry, plus they’ve already booted 2 characters this season.

Comment by Michele – March 14, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, no, no!!

Comment by KYmama – March 14, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think “Criminal Minds” can really be considered an Aushole staple….

Comment by RvE – March 14, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please let it be him! I hate Morgan, always on the middle. This way, Criminal Minds can be cancelled while it still has high ratings, instead of being cancelled in the middle of next season, because without AJ, Paget, some writers, some producers, Thomas and Shemar in contract negotiations and might not even come back for next season, Criminal Minds won’t last.

Comment by CM – March 14, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MGG already signed a contract for next season, I think. But Shemar and Thomas Gibson haven’t. But I don’t think CM counts as an Aushole staple.

Comment by Jill – March 15, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless Y&R is axing the character currently playing Malcolm, I doubt it’s Shemar. He created the role of Malcolm Winters.

I’m thinking it’s likely to be Emily Prentiss since Paget Brewster is out. Haven’t heard anything about her making a return appearance.

Comment by Marty – March 15, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Brewster has the option to return according to the most recent stuff about the ‘Lauren’ episode. But, she’s got a gig on a new NBC show called ‘My Life as an Experiment’. It hasn’t been picked up for sure yet. If it were up to me, Criminal Minds should just stop already. Or kill everyone and start again with the same premise and a whole new cast. MGG is so dreamy, I wish he was working on something juicier.

Comment by LOLI – March 15, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t believe it’s Prentiss, as I saw an article the other day discussing Paget Brewster’s new role in an NBC comedy; and they said that if it didn’t pick up; the producers of CM offered her to return as a regular for season 7.

I think. I hope it’s true! I love Prentiss!

Comment by Charlotte – March 15, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it is about Morgan or Spencer because they already have 1 character leaving next season and they just lost one. In my opinion, everyone from Criminal Minds is safe.

Comment by Abigail – March 15, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Smallville and Chloe.
    Seen the future= Doctor Fate reference.
    Season finale, return next season is a throwoff.

Comment by ao – March 14, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is Smallville’s last season so that wouldn’t matter.

Comment by Barbara – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s always an idiot.

“I’m told the producers of this unnamed broadcast series are planning to kill off the fan favorite either in the season finale or soon after the show returns next season.”

Smallville is not returning. Chloe isn’t dying. She’s a hero now, get over it.

Comment by Val – March 14, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ‘Chloe isn’t dying. She’s a hero now, get over it.’

Yep to the first part……LMAO at the rest. Good one.

Comment by Michael – March 14, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The mention of Six Feet Under in the title makes me fear for Peter Krause on Parenthood, as he also played Nate on SFU. Although “six feet under” is a pretty common term.

Comment by Jake – March 14, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not PK – He’s the star of the show and he’s by no means an Aushole favorite…

Comment by AJ – March 14, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lauren Graham is a favourite though? I don’t watch Parenthood.

Comment by Jaymii – March 14, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lauren Graham and he are the stars together I think…
        But I don’t think either of them is going to be killed off…

Comment by Leonie1988 – March 16, 2011 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hope they don’t kill Lauren off…but honestly,who could ever kill Lauren Graham off, she’s sooo awesome!!

Comment by C – March 16, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet it’s someone from Dexter. They don’t care who they kill.

Comment by Scott – March 14, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He said BROADCAST (CBS/NBC/FOX/ABC/CW) I am pretty sure still considered the only BROADCAST Tv

Comment by Dave – March 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The 5th season of Dexter has already ended, so it’s pretty much impossible that someone is going to die in the current season.

Comment by Sof – March 14, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe someone from Gossip Girl, I’m thinking perhaps Jenny. Taylor Momsen was already reduced to recurring……

My other guess is Susan from Desperate Housewives

Comment by Ed – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She asked for a reduced schedule in order to tour. They have stated that she is still under contract and they can use her whenever the story fits. Eric on Gossip Girl is the same situation, yet nobody guesses him… That’s because it is not GOSSIP GIRL that this relates to. Also, Susan will not be killed of Desperate Housewives seeing as they have stated numerous times they are not going to kill off the core group and that they will run for another two seasons. Everyone is on board, even Eva Longoria, who is arguably the most famous.

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Though I would love for it to be Taylor Momsen, I’m not sure how loved a character Jenny is. It feels quite the opposite.

If I were to guess someone from Gossip Girl, it might be Chuck. Simply because Ed Westwick has voiced his wanting to do something different as Chuck doesn’t interest him as it did in the show’s beginnings.

Comment by Anne – March 14, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • PLEASE let it be Jenny. My eternal wish is that someone blows Jenny away on the street and we get a special episode looking for the killer. Maybe one for the memorial… and then NO MORE JENNY. Sorry… I just hate her that much. :)

Comment by Dan – March 14, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In what world is Jenny wildly popular?

Comment by Charlotte – March 14, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie Sheen ;-)

Comment by kimmy – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care as long as it’s not Walter on “Fringe”

Comment by Luke – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way. There isn’t a series without Walter Peter or Olivia, I doubt they would do that. Could be Fauxolivia I suppose though.

Comment by Cameron M – March 14, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not Walter!!! He holds the entire show together.

Comment by susela – March 15, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what if its astro? oh no!!!

Comment by loli – March 15, 2011 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bye bye Barney.

Comment by Ayup – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ausiello said “drama”…

Comment by Lisa London – March 14, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, he said hour long.

Comment by Meg – March 14, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL let’s say he didn’t say drama and hour – how stupid would the show be to kill Barney – half the people would stop watching. Series suicide.

Comment by Christy – March 15, 2011 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds to me like it is a character from Grey’s Anatomy. The ‘toe-tag’ reference is quite a giveaway, and since there are no longer any mafia based series out there, I think that’s our only hint. Since I don’t watch the show, however, that’s all I can guess at.

Comment by Dave – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A toe tag is something that is pretty easy to explain – identification placed on the feet of the dead person. There are NUMEROUS shows this could apply to but NOT Grey’s. If I recall correctly, we’ve never seen a body after a death on GREY’S.

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • mandy moore- she died and we saw her body that bailey worked on

Comment by lorna – March 14, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Toe tag could also refer to any of the CSI show or Bones?

Comment by Julia – March 14, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And CSI had an episode a few years ago called “Toe Tags”.

Comment by ginnee – March 18, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We have seen many bodies after death on Grey’s… Closing up after surgery, grieving families cry over the body, then theres the cadavers they practiced on.

Comment by Melanie – March 14, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe I should have been clearer. While you’re right those were bodies after a death, not in the sense that I meant. Unlike CSI, we have not seen the morgue or anything like that. We have not seen a toe-tag on a dead body before on GREY’S. I just find it so out of character for GREY’S. A lot of the show is emotional and focuses on the patient. CSI only shows the victims in flashbacks, and the family members are what impact the police more directly. I don’t know if I’m making sense, I started work early today. Haha.

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • WE have infact not only did we see Bailey doing Many Moore’s characters post mordem we also saw Izzie and Cristina doing an autopsy to clear their names! Thats just off the top of my head!

Comment by Kate – March 14, 2011 02:31 PM PDT
          • Didn’t the interns hang out down there and take out their appendices?

Comment by Shalala – March 14, 2011 02:47 PM PDT
    • My immediate thought was Kevin McKidd from Grey’s Anatomy.

Comment by SAM – March 14, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it could be Mer or Callie…

Comment by Nancy W – March 15, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hahahahaha no.

Comment by Javi – March 21, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • After last night…I’m thinking it’s Callie.

Comment by Paige – March 25, 2011 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It had better not be Ziva!!!

Comment by Becky – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s who I’m thinking it is, actually. Or fearing it is. There’s been a lot of speculation that something big’s coming, with all of her talk about how long they’ve been together, how long they’ll be together, and there’s been nothing released about Cote renewing her contract, either. I’m surprised more people haven’t guessed her.

Comment by DC – March 14, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just hope they don’t kill her, that show has a nasty habit of killing their strong women.

Comment by G – March 14, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Word. That’s a HUGE problem on NCIS. Kate, Paula, Jenny, Macy, nevermind Lee since she was a traitor, but Ziva would be the last straw. It’ been too much already.

Comment by Ariella – March 14, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s my only issue with NCIS. I’d be ok with a nice farewell, like maybe she moves to NCIS:LA, or just moving out to somewhere else with Ray or whatever. I’m a Ziva/Tiva fan, but as long as they give a nice ending to her story, I wouldn’t mind saying goodbye – if she really isn’t coming back. But, I’d HATE to see her getting killed. It’d be sad and wrong.

Comment by Kiki – March 15, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t think that it will be NCIS.
            Ausiello thinks it might be a mixture between storywise and personal decison… NCIS is a happy family and I think the show made it pretty clear that Ziva is irreplacable in season 7…. so no… don’t think it will be Ziva or some other character for sure.
            This text just doesn’t sound like a decision the NCIS writers make. I mean if they kill someone off they do it and do not consider a change of heart…

Comment by Svenja – March 15, 2011 07:14 AM PDT
    • I doubt it would be Ziva. NCIS is a the most highly rated drama on tv, they won’t exactly be having money problems, and even if it is just to ‘shake up the dynamics’ they would be making a very stupid move.

Comment by Skye – March 14, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh puhleeze let it be Ziva!!!!!

Comment by CdP – March 14, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It says “wildly popular” and “MVP”. Sadly, that pretty much eliminates Ziva as she’s neither. It would be nice, though. She seriously needs to go. The “budget cut” thing, though, sure does sound like CBS.

Comment by tejas – March 14, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ziva is INSANELY popular. Don’t know what universe you’re living in. They are all on the show for a reason.

Comment by Dan – March 14, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She’s one of the least popular characters on the show (she regularly ties with Vance for least popular) and is a definite drag on it.

Comment by tejas – March 14, 2011 09:00 PM PDT
          • LOL….Just because YOU don’t happen to like her doesn’t exactly make you the self-elected spokesperson for the millions upon millions of OTHER viewers each week. Time to maybe check your ego back just a tad dear.

Comment by Mark – March 14, 2011 09:48 PM PDT
          • Polls on various sites on the net – not just on the CBS forums – have shown time and again – that Ziva isn’t even among the top three favorites of the ensemble among the fans. Her fanbase might be insane in their unending, unquestioning support but that definitely does not extend to the rest of NCIS’s audience.

Comment by pfyre – March 14, 2011 10:13 PM PDT
          • Oh, well, heck why didn’t you say you were relying on INTERNET polls for your data!

My goodness, a poll on a fan board accuracy’s it unquestioned and their inability to be manipulated by fanboys and fangirls is unparalleled! Really, they should just do presidential elections with internet polls. Oh, and those interent petitions are really useful tools as well!

Comment by Manny – March 15, 2011 11:36 AM PDT
          • Ziva is actually one of the top of the list, not sure where you are all getting your information from. Internet polls usually (at least on the official board) say that Ziva is popular. Maybe not as popular as say Gibbs or Abby, but the anti’s are a small minority and it is time that they realize this. Most Ziva supporters don’t go on sites like this because of these very comments which are mostly lies or misconceptions. We all live in the Positive Ziva/CdP Appreciation Thread which has the most hits and comments… clearly we are the majority and if NCIS lost her, they’d lose a lot of fans, more than if they continue to keep her

Comment by Phoebe – March 16, 2011 12:26 PM PDT
    • if only it would be Ziva! it would be a dream come true!

Comment by pfyre – March 14, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I scared it’s Ducky. I LOVE Ducky! Don’t kill Duck!

Comment by Rowan – March 14, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t forget David Mc Callum is now 77, his health might not be as good as in the past… :-(

Comment by GT – March 15, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We should BE so lucky to see Ziva go permanently!

Comment by Blix – March 14, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I *know*! It would be such a relief to get rid of her. I’m sick to death of the princess. Because of her, and what they’ve done to the rest of the characters to try to make her look better, NCIS is no longer MUST SEE LIVE tv for me. I still haven’t seen the two parter from last November because I can’t stand seeing more of her than absolutely necessary. Hopefully, if they get rid of her, the rest of the characters can recover and we can forget the horror that was S7.

Comment by tejas – March 14, 2011 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Princess? Ziva a princess? What the heck show are you confusing NCIS with? Are you watching Gossip Girl and thinking you’re watching NCIS? Plus you gotta love people who offer an opinion of a show they’re not actually watching! LOL..

That said, from someone who DOES actually watch the show, it would be terrible if it was McGee.

Comment by Joanne – March 14, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yes, the princess….has she *ever* taken any heat – either in character or in fan discussions for all of the crap she’s pulled since she was created? From the dinner in BI (actually from her very first scene in the bullpen eavesdropping on TONY) clear on thru to the present, she’s gotten away with every little thing she’s ever done. Where there are fans ready to hang the other characters for a fraction of what they blithely excuse Ziva for.

Comment by CdP – March 16, 2011 08:03 PM PDT
          • So sick of all the anti-Ziva crap. What exactly has she gotten away with? How is she a princess? EVERY character on that show has at on time or another broken rules or outright broken the law. Gibbs murdered a man but that is apparently ok because he is Gibbs. But if Ziva does something everyone complains about how horrible she is.

Comment by Sam – March 17, 2011 01:44 PM PDT
    • My first thought/fear as well. I’m not prepared to lose any of our team members and it makes me really nervous that CdP’s contract has not been renewed yet. I HOPE this blind item does not have anything to do with NCIS.

Comment by sophie – March 14, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t think it has to do with NCIS.

There is no need to kill a character off for creative or budgetary reasons…. NCIS is the most watched drama on television… I think their budget is pretty good…

But it could be House… it would make sense… the ratings have decreased this season and a lot of people didn’t like Huddy… I liked Huddy :)

Comment by Svenja – March 16, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Honestly I will be upset if Ziva ends up being killed. I really like Ziva. I hope none of the characters of NCIS will be killed. I love all of them especially Gibbs and Tony

Comment by berta – April 19, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think he talks about NCIS (or rather I hope not). He talks about major characters being killed, but on NCIS there *has* been many deaths already, main characters-wise. I know that they recently talked about killing some people in the season finale, Micheal Weatherly confrimed it and said it would resemble the end of season 2 for the enxplosive ending, but I think more of agents in EJ’s team rather than in Gibbs’s team, perhaps EJ herself (there has been rumors of some Tony/Ziva in season 9, nothing confirmed though I fear)…

Comment by Hallolo – April 24, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My fear for NCIS (to the point that I’m almost scared to voice it) is that it could be Abby. Besides Gibbs, who else is more popular on NCIS?

Comment by Charlotte – March 14, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Pauley’s contract is up for one more year, or so I’ve heard.

Comment by Kiki – March 15, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With you on this one, Becky :)

Comment by Kiki – March 15, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Casey on Chuck? Hope not!

Comment by Wade – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Chuck is considered more comedy than drama.

Comment by Amanda – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking that. that would be bad for the show if they did that!

Comment by beast – March 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Has CHUCK even received a pickup for next season? …

Comment by b.staffen@hotmail.com – March 14, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thought of that at first too, but he said “either in the season finale or soon after the show returns next season”, so I think it has to be a show that’s already been renewed for next season. Chuck might not be renewed at all.

Comment by jeremiah – March 14, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that at first too, but he said “either in the season finale or soon after the show returns next season”, so I think it has to be a show that is guaranteed a renewal/already renewed for next season.

Comment by jeremiah – March 14, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck will probably get cancelled ~SO sad~ and it’s more of a comedy, so I don’t think it is it.

Comment by Sof – March 14, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chuck’s a funny show (pun not intended) as NBC has been happy with it creatively due to how easy it is to feature product advertising in the show, specifically the Buy More plus of course the Subway plugs, plus they’ve frequently had people that end up as regulars on others shows doing guest spots on it beforehand, such as Chevy Chase, Olivia Munn, Summer Glau… The show’s also never been a ratings hit, yeah, but its been doing better than pretty much every other show in its block on the same network, though granted not by much. Of course the older a show gets ideally the more expensive it gets as the cast usually gets salary increases. It might be like Heroes, which it used to share the block with, where while having problems with viewers after a while it still is marketable enough to be kept around.

Comment by Peter – March 14, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OR, Morgan. That would be sad.

Comment by Anon1234 – April 15, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thirteen or Wilson on House. I’m leaning toward Wilson, because is Olivia Wilde really considered an MVP on that show?

Comment by Mike – March 14, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wilson or 13 on HOUSE? Morgan, Casey, or Awesome on CHUCK?

Comment by Ryan – March 14, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am praying to GOD this isn’t referring to NCIS or Criminal Minds
    If it is…ask the producers to take my life instead!

Comment by Hadassa – March 14, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All I know is if criminal minds gets rid of anybody else I’ll quit watching

Comment by Estee – March 14, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed.

Comment by ashley – March 14, 2011 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wrong…they need to get rid of the new girl. As long as Reid is around I’ll keep watching, but dang it, the JJ replacement just annoys me.

Comment by Melody – March 14, 2011 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Judging by what was in the last tidbit article, I’m betting it’s going to be Sweets on Bones. :( :(

Comment by jmk2012 – March 14, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does “broadcast” series mean? Aren’t all shows which are airing considered to be “broadcast series”?

Comment by ScrubsGuy – March 14, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boradcast is usually meant for shows you can see without cable

ABC CBS NBC FOX CW

Comment by Dave – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Broadcast means not cable.

Comment by Woo – March 14, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please, tell us it´s not cuddy!!!

Comment by noe – March 14, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please tell us it IS!!!! Can’t come soon enough.

Comment by Patty – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The use of “his/her” leads me to believe it’s whatever character is played by Jamie Lee Curtis.

Comment by Jesse – March 14, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAAAAAAAA! Hilarious. Well done!

Comment by bethany0403 – March 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please no one from Bones!

Comment by CAM – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping for the Callie/Mark baby but I’m sure that won’t be the he/she you’re referring to!

Comment by Caro – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh could not agree more!!

Comment by Caroline – March 14, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never seen HOUSE but I’m going with that Wilde girl as well. She’s going to be a movie star when summer hits and has probably asked for a raise, hence the “budgetary” comment. It doesn’t mean they’re cutting costs, it just means they can’t afford her. She was already released this past season (or current? Like I said, never seen it) to do movies.

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s not even close to wildly popular with the fans though. It’s Wilson or Cuddy. And you know between the two it will be Cuddy.

Comment by Audrey – March 14, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the same. No way will they kill off Wilson, he’s House’s best friend, and the show’s comic relief, and usually the voice of reason. Cuddy…meh, who cares.

Comment by JohnDoe – March 14, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s a fan fav and she’s Olivia WILDly popular (her last name, get it?). She’s going…

Comment by Dan – March 14, 2011 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s not a fan fave. It’s Cuddy. They were easing the fan’s minds about RSL being back next season earlier and it looks like the person they’re writing off they decided to get rid of because of the decision didn’t come lightly or whatever he said up there. I don’t care if it’s Cuddy or Wilson getting the boot [and they're the only ones it could be that are fan favorites on that show and wildly popular]. Either way if they do it I will walk away.

Comment by Street_Cred – March 14, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking the show in question is either Chuck (Morgan or Casey) or Supernatural (Castiel or Bobby).

Comment by RyanT – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m really hoping it’s ANY OTHER SHOW besides those two (or Five-0… but it’s not Five-0).

Comment by Ace – March 14, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t think it’s glee because it says the show that the person’s on as long been an aushole favorite and glee has only been on for 2 years,

Comment by Krista – March 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. Besides it’s says a hour ‘drama’. I don’t think Glee could be considered a drama show, even if they have it from time to time.

Comment by Novak – March 14, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I find their attempts at making quality tv high comical, so I’d put it in comedy.

Comment by Josh – March 14, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not to mention its a comedy? I occasionally enjoy it in an ironic fashion but don’t delude yourself into thinking its trying to be something serious.

Comment by Jaymii – March 14, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm… Amanda, you’re probably on to something. Thirteen will probably succumb to her disease in the finale.

Comment by Catherine – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Peter Krause from Parenthood ( formerly of 6 Feet Under)

Comment by Brian – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The problem with this is that he states the show is a long time favorite. Parenthood is a pretty new show. I would not describe it as a long time favorite.

Comment by JB – March 14, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well we can safely rule out Smallville.

Comment by Lt. Brannigan – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ncis! Please, not ziva =(

Comment by marce – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based on the musical preview for Grey’s…I am going to say Callie.

Comment by Michelle – March 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d go for Bailey off Grey’s. She’s definitely a fan favourite!

Comment by KIm – March 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I am remembering correctly… numerous people have stated they’d never get rid of her. Everyone at GREY’S loves her, especially Shonda. We all know how much Shonda plays a role in these things.

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also thought of Peter Krause because of the six feet under mention. I don’t think he is an aushole on the show. Arghhhh…I want to know who it is.

Comment by Karen – March 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why was my first instinct Wilson on House? It’s worrying me. I’d rather it be Cuddy. Am so over her!

Comment by Alex – March 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would be good to get rid of the Cuddy character and have a new character to come in to replace her. The prominence of Cuddythis season has ruined the show, and the actress is nowhere near up to having a leading role in any show, let alone this one. She cannot play to Hugh Laurie and simply drags his character down. House needs an injection of good acting and better writing and direction.

Comment by Paul Cadir – March 14, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You took the words right out of my mouth. But does Cuddy qualify as fan favorite? I don’t really think so. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

Comment by Sally – March 14, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • clearly you’re not watching the same show as I am.
        CUDDY is just as esstial to HOUSE as WILSON is!
        without these 3, the show is nothing…
        Lisa & Robert are so up their game opposite Lugh Laurie!

Comment by Harmonica – March 14, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Spew your Cuddy hate, Hilson.

Comment by Susie – March 14, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • bitter huddys are bitter

Comment by lori – March 14, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You know, some people actually LIKE Cuddy. Not everyone who likes her character has to immediately ship Huddy. I don’t, for one.

Comment by Katty – March 15, 2011 12:31 PM PDT
      • The prominence of Wilson last season brought the ratings to the lowest levels since season one. Is Wilson a fan favorite? I don´t think so.

Comment by Hall – March 15, 2011 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Okay, I realize that this comment is two freaking months old, but I don’t care. I am so freaking sick of Huddies crying about season six, claiming Hilson was to blame for the low ratings. Did it ever occur to anyone that the problems might have been, I don’t know. The suicide of one of the funniest characters on the show? Or House getting clean? Or, perhaps, the PATHETICNESS of our favorite doctor whining in every episode about Cuddy.

The ratings this year suck too. Pretty sure you can’t blame that on Wilson.

Comment by teamhilson – May 15, 2011 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bobby or Castiel from Supernatural would be my guess. And I would be VERY unhappy with either.

Comment by Mikaylah – March 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why do i get the HORRIBLE feeling this article is referring to Castiel on Supernatural? Please let it be anyone else on any other show!!!!!

Comment by lu – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it. He has too many fans. And Sera Gamble would never let a whopping spoiler like that slip, she’s notoriously close-mouthed. If it is him they’ll resurrect him. ;-)

Comment by Jackson – March 14, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He has many fans, but also many SPN fans that dislike his presence, who see that he should have stayed dead last season after the apocalypse storyline was done (he was just brought back because of his fanbase). Many (me included) feel he has stayed too long, the angel storyline is the most boring one. I’d like to see them having the balls to kill him off for good this time and keep the show about Sam and Dean like it’s supposed to be. Why not introduce new characters in season 7 to keep it fresh? It worked in season 4 for Castiel and it kept the show fresh for a while. I would like to see some more estrogen on the show myself.

Comment by Mia – March 15, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreeing with @Jake and @Brian – Peter Krause from Parenthood. Also killed off on Six Feet Under.

Comment by Meg – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PARENTHOOD is not “wildly popular” in any sense of the term. Look at the ratings… Has it even received a pickup?

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really wish people would read the post carefully before 1. commenting and 2. jumping on other people’s comments.

The post doesn’t say the SHOW is wildly popular, rather the character dying is wildly popular.

The show is not described as a rating success, but as a show popular with Ausholes. Shows popular with Ausholes are not necessarily hghly rated shows (unfortunately).

The biggest reason it is not Peter on Parenthood is what other people have commented. I would not describe Parenthood as a show that has “long been an Aushole staple.”

Comment by JB – March 14, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This! NCIS may have 20 mil viewers but their fans are not active in interweb and so does CSI or Mentalist or Criminal Minds. Based on the Most commented post and Facebook sharing that is posted in this website, these are the shows that are Aushole staples: HOUSE, BONES, GREY’S ANATOMY, GOSSIP GIRL. So one of these shows is losing a popular character.

Comment by Eve – March 16, 2011 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parenthood has only been on 2 years. Same Glee logic applies. It’s not a LONG Aushole favourite. It’s a new show.

Comment by Kris – March 14, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will be Dexter. After all Michael C. Hall also starred in “6 Feet Under”

Comment by Karen – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh…if they kill Dexter, the guy the series is named for, doesn’t that kill the series? And if the blind item says it will be in the finale or early next season, doesn’t that make it impossible for it to be the lead character? Just sayin’…

Comment by Lee – March 14, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • someone from greys anatomy or gossip girl?

Comment by Jordan – March 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy on House! Lisa Edelstein will leave the show…It´s a good reason for the recent Huddy break-up!

Comment by Red_Tulip_Ana – March 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IF IT IS TRUE…I WILL BE VERY VERY SAD!

Comment by Red_Tulip_Ana – March 14, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Thirteen from House. Olivia Wilde. Wildly is italicized. It makes sense.

Comment by anon – March 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do people want Cuddy dead?

Comment by kat – March 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No please, Lisa Edelstein no!

Comment by Red_Tulip_Ana – March 14, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Cuddy character is dead boring and having the relationship with House has completely ruined his character this season as well. Hopefully now the relationship is over the show will improve again, but Lisa Edelstein can really only cope in a very minor role on any show. She is not able to carry a leading role in a basket.

Comment by Patty – March 14, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They blame her for their fave ships not working out

Comment by Elka – March 14, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, no. Why do you fangirls always make everything about your stupid “ships”?! I don’t have a favorite ship, I just don’t like Cuddy anymore, Huddy ruined her.

Comment by Liz – March 14, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is the Huddy ship that always complains when we don’t like Cuddy. I don’t care about ships I just like good characters and good shows.

Comment by Patty – March 14, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not actually a shipper. But it seems to me that Cuddy isn’t any worse-written than any other character on the show and a lot of the vemon towards her comes from people who hate the Huddy ship. Most people who don’t ship, don’t hate her the way shippers do. You must be the exception.

And if anything ruined Cuddy, it was the baby.

Comment by Elka – March 14, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • C´mon Liz, everybody knows you are a hameron. You keep posting your crap in that JMo dark forum with only 3 or 4 members. Don´t pretend to not sound biased because you are.

Comment by Gerol – March 15, 2011 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m HARDCORE Hilson, but I don’t sit around wishing for Cuddy to die. I don’t know if it’s Wilson, but I definitely hope not. It’d be pretty tragic for House to lose is “soulmate” (ugh) and his best friend in one season, especially since it’s been stated everywhere that Huddy is Done with a capitol D.

Comment by Katie – March 14, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If by people you mean the handful of trolls that hit up TVLINE posts using multiple handles and spewing nothing but negativity towards Cuddy/LE? Beats me. So long as they are bringing the buzz for my fav actress and character it’s all good lol.

Comment by Jane2 – March 14, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • right, because it is absolutely impossible for anyone in their right mind to simply not like Cuddy . Jeez, what is it with you Huddies/LE fans, why must you automatically attack/bash/judge on anyone who simply happens to disagree with you? Who died and made you God?

I also don’t like Cuddy, I used to like her in the first 3 seasons but then the writers messed her up, turned her into a very poor example of a capable, strong ,modern woman and professional and that baby arc + badly written Huddy ruined her (and House’s character as well btw) .

Yes, I know ,you’ll call me bitter or stupid or a troll but I’m not a shipper, I don’t care about who gets on with who ,I just care about intelligent shows and this one used to be intelligent but your ship ruined it and it wasn’t the Huddy specifically but the romance as a whole, these writers are not good at writing romance, any ship would have failed.

Comment by ada – March 14, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just ignore the huddytards, their mantra is “you don’t like huddy/cuddy you must be a bitter hameron/hilson”, it’s like the onlt neuron in their brain is in loop ;)

Comment by lori – March 14, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because they are Hamerons and Hilsons. If she goes I’m not watching the show anymore. I don’t have to have Huddy but I do need Cuddy. I know this won’t change anything and I know I don’t count because I’m just one of many fans. But they have seen how many people have been upset about Huddy, if you kill off Cuddy, that will be nothing in comparison.

The show probably won’t lose too many viewers from cutting off Huddy, you kill Cuddy even people who aren’t online will stop watching. I’m not saying everyone will and I’m not saying it will kill the show. I KNOW it will hurt the numbers. Cuddy’s the only female left from the original show and we all love her in spite of what the spamming Hamerons and Hilsons say on here. But TPTB will do what they want. We can’t stop them. We can’t make them care about us. Knowing that it was “hard” doesn’t make it any better. This has just been the worst week ever.

I know it’s Cuddy.

Comment by Cassidy – March 14, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cassidy do you “know” as in this is what you believe or do you “know” as in this has been confirmed to you as being a fact?

Wow way to kill a show if it’s true :-(.

Comment by Jane2 – March 14, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • With all this snarking going on about people liking/not liking Huddy, and speculating it’s Wilson or 13 (a likely candidate since she has a terminal disease), shipping and what have you, have you stopped to think the artile might be referring to House himself? They set the stage last week when Cuddy broke up with him and he went to the Vicodin bottle. Of course, if House dies in the season finale, there’s no point in coming back for a season 8. The show is called House. If the character is killed off at the beginning of season 8, again, what’s the point. The show is still called House, not Wilson or Cuddy or 13.

Comment by sadfan – March 14, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Derek from Grey’s Anatomy. He’s barely been on this season and I could see the show killing him off at the end of the season.

Comment by Betty – March 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Once again, they’ve stated nothing will happen to Mer or Der…

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They said not derek, but i havent heard any confirmation about meredith, and ellen pompeo has hinted that she would not renew her contract when it is up.

Comment by meg – March 23, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Mark Sloan. He is a fan favorite, and it would be shocking…

Comment by Kritterlady – March 17, 2011 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Noooooooo not McSteamy! They can kill off the rest of the cast for all I care, but not my beloved Mark Sloan.

Comment by mary – March 17, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If your answer to which popular character to die was Thirteen … you were wrong. Thirteen was never popular.

Comment by TigerNightmare – March 14, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a feeling “wildly popular” was just his excuse to use the word “wildly”

Comment by Kris – March 14, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope so.
        Because I would hate to lose Cuddy or Wilson.
        And I won’t be pleased with the idea of losing a character on another show I follow either.
        So I’m hopping for either a show I don’t follow (Bones, Grey’s anatomy, Gossip girl, csi…)or 13.

Comment by Aurore – March 16, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He said “broadcast” series and everyone is commenting on primetime. My thoughts are that it refers to shows like Mad Men, Walking Dead, etc.

Comment by TK – March 14, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s because broadcast means NOT cable. The shows you listed are on a cable channel. *sigh*

Comment by Brett – March 14, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TK, I think there may be some confusion regarding television industry terms.

“Prime Time” refers to 8-11p on the traditional broadcast networks (ABC/CBS/NBC) and 8-10p on the younger networks (Fox/CW), Monday-Saturday, plus 7-8p on Sunday nights, Eastern/Pacific Time Zones (and adjusted for Central and Mountain Time). The term “Prime Time” pre-dates the existence of cable networks, but can be used to apply to those time periods (basically 8-11p, plus the 7-8p hour on Sundays) on all networks, both broadcast and cable.

“Broadcast”, as Brett and others have noted, generally refers to networks with local affiliates (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW) whose signals are available over the air, without benefit of cable. Even when carried on a cable or satellite signal, these networks are collectively referred to as broadcast networks. “Mad Men” and “Walking Dead” are cable network programs, not broadcast programs. For television industry purposes, pay-cable networks like HBO are not differentiated from basic cable networks like USA or TNT, and are all collectively considered “cable” networks (even if delivered via satellite).

Comment by Jul – March 14, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post