Exclusive

The Office Spoiler Alert: Guess Who's in Steve Carell's Final Episode After All!

New details are emerging about Steve Carell’s final episode of The Office, and it’s good news for Michael/Holly fans.

Despite buzz to the contrary, Amy Ryan will play a role in the April 28 swan song. “All I’ll say is she actually is in the episode in a way,” teases Paul Feig, who directed the highly anticipated half-hour. “[Holly] is involved.”

Filming on the episode wrapped last week, and Feig acknowledges that it was an emotional rollercoaster for the cast and crew. “It was very weird to be doing Steve Carell’s last episode,” he concedes. “We all knew it was when we were doing it, but you still kind of were in denial like, “Well, he’ll say at the end he’s coming back” or “It was just a joke or something.” We kind of scheduled the week so we did the most emotional, sort of final moments in the end of the week. It really tore us up. We were a mess many days.”

One longtime Office staffer took the impending loss particularly hard. “Angela Kinsey just burst out crying one day right when they were rehearsing her last scene with him,” recalls Feig, who says a special ceremony was held after Carell completed his last shot. “They brought out a giant three-foot-high cake. It was his coffee mug and it said World’s Best Boss on it. It’s such a testament to him that he’s so beloved by so many people and is such a joy to work with that he will be missed there.”

Feig describes the tone of the episode — written by exec producer Greg Daniels — as a mix of funny and sentimental but “not in a corny, cloying way.,” adding, “Greg is just such a genius. He knows how to get that tone right.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. AJ says:

Half-hour? Really, we can’t give Mr. Carell an hour-long last episode? Disappointing.

I don’t know if I’ll have the heart to watch the show without him, tbh.

2. Matt says:

It’s going to be interesting. I’m curious/excited to see how they replace him. I’ve been a fan of The Office since the David Brent days and when it came to the U.S., I got nervous when the pilot was almost a shot-for-shot remake of the original. But then it picked up steam and really worked the ensemble cast to the best of their abilities. It will always be “must-see TV” for me.

3. sashay says:

Happy that it’s been written by Greg Daniels but I too, think an hour would be much better. They’ve devoted an hour in the past to some less significant events, I think. I am a little worried that Holly will only be there in some degree – like a phone conversation or a video clip on Michael’s phone? I’m really hoping that they don’t kill her off. THAT would be traumatic.

4. renton says:

It’s two half-hour episodes spread over two weeks, according to Mindy Kaling.

5. god says:

CHARLIE SHEEN should replace him!!!

• Betsy says:

Really? What the hell is wrong with you? Charlie Sheen? I’m sorry, but there is no way that Charlie Sheen could ever live up to the legend that is Steve Carell. You know what, scratch that. I’m most definetly NOT sorry. Dumbass.

• Susan Savino says:

Absolutely no one can replace Steve Carrell, but definitely, not Charlie Sheen. Not only is he talented, he’s pathetic!!! He has a drug problem. He has surrounded himself with at least three women, and their children. His parents and his brothers are totally disgusted with him!

6. Heather says:

I love Steve Carrell but I am actually not all that upset he’s leaving… there is so much talent on that show aside from him it will be nice to see the other talent in the spotlight as well.

7. Jenny says:

YAY!!!! This is such great news! I’m glad Holly will be there! If Michael’s gonna leave, he should be with Holly! I’m gonna miss Steve Carell!!!!!

8. TheDude says:

If you want it to be an hour long sendoff then just wait a week and watch two of them together!

9. rebecca says:

this is great news. michael & holly belong together. their storyline so far this year has been great. i love seeing michael in a happy relationship. i wish they would bring Jan back for maybe Michael’s going away party?? just so she can see him & holly happy.

10. graeme says:

Guess you missed the interview with Amy Ryan last week. She said that she’s in his last episode on the phone. Not actually on screen.

11. Teresa says:

This has more sense. :)

12. god says:

Sarcasm is hard.

13. Dave says:

I’m so glad Greg Daniels and Paul Feig — two who helped make the series great — have come back to do the final episodes. I’m really looking forward to them. And, of course, I’ll miss Michael Scott, who was amazing. It’s also heartwarming to know that he’s a great guy too, beloved by the crew.

14. noone says:

whatever… nothing beats David Brent. except maybe Charlie Sheen.

15. steve says:

Watch Toriko Episodes Movies English Subbed Dubbed Online. HD Stream Episodes for FREE at TorikoGet. For details: http://www.torikoget.com/