Bones: Is Time Running Out for Sweets/Daisy?

Get More: News

While Bones‘ Booth and Brennan continue their endless romantic tango, Sweets may want to start thinking about dancing double time before he loses his own lady love, Daisy — and for good.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Bones, Smallville and More

When last the Fox series checked in on the quirky couple, Sweets had gone ring shopping (for a second time, mind you), only to ultimately flake out. That left his buddy Booth the only one to break away from the jeweler with bling in tow. (And we all know how that turned out.)

“Sweets was sort of scared into [realizing] that rushing into marriage so quickly might not necessarily be the best idea for a young man such as himself,” Daley told us at a Saturday evening PaleyFest event reuniting the cast of TV’s short-lived Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared. “So I think he’s taking a little bit of time…. You know, playing the field.”

Bones Preview: Confession Time is Coming March 17

Daley claims that as far as he knows, the state of the Sweets/Daisy romance is “up in the air,” yet he suggests that his alter ego “could very well” reconsider his decision and pop the question anew. “It could be in the next episode!”

More realistically, resolution for that relationship is due to come several episodes down the line. Carla Gallo (an alum of Undeclared) confirms for us that on the heels of filming roles for a Cameron Crowe movie (We Bought a Zoo) and a pilot (The CW’s Danni Lowinski), she is using a break in her busy non-Bones schedule to return as Daisy towards season’s end. But for what exact purpose?

“I would like a proposal. I’m hoping for a proposal, but I don’t know…,” Gallo says, acknowledging that after putting off Sweets’ first overture, Daisy later swallowed the engagement ring, committing it to a rather (ahem) not-so-sweet fate. Considering how that went, Gallow frowns, “I feel like maybe a girl doesn’t get a second proposal.”

What do you think the future holds for Bones‘ other unpredictable pairing? Do you suspect that Sweets and Daisy’s fate may directly correlate to that of Gallo’s CW pilot? (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (27)

• As long as we get perky Sweets back, I’ll be happy. He’s seemed a bit down since the whole Gravedigger debacle. Even when he and Booth were at the bar drinking and chatting about love (which was adorable), he didn’t seem his usual chipper self. I miss him!

Comment by Liz – March 12, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so hope that he does propose to her again… I would hate for Daisy not to be a part of the show, and she and Sweets are hilariously adorable together!

Comment by Jeanne – March 12, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never cared for Sweets and Daisy together. I would prefer for Sweets to find someone a little more mature.

Comment by emmitwest – March 12, 2011 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same. Daisy drives me crazy. Sweets could do so much better.

Comment by Samantha – March 13, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. I was willing to let it slide til the S5 finale, but Daisy just proved herself completely unready for marriage and, more than that, on a completely different plane than Sweets as far as relationship maturity. He deserves better – like someone who takes commitment seriously and doesn’t just drop it in favor of a job without even talking to her fiance about it first.

Comment by b – March 14, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whenever someone interviews Carla Gallo about Sweets and Daisy’s relationship on Bones, I always get the vibe that she and John Daley are dating in real life. Does any one know if there’s truth to this?

Comment by furiousk – March 12, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t find any info, but since Carla Gallo is 10 years older than John Francis Daley, I somehow doubt it… but it could be…

Comment by Lambsilencer – March 12, 2011 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Daisy and Sweets can both leave. BRING BACK ZACK

Comment by Brian – March 13, 2011 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That shouldn’t matter. If he were 10 years older than her age wouldn’t even be brought up. Same ole double standard!

Comment by Lauren – March 13, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he’ll come around and pop the Q. I think they’re sickeningly sweet together…and I LOVE it! I hope he gets the nerve up to ask again…granted she needs to jump through a few hoops first since she did pick her career over him once…I’d like to see them both happy, preferably with each other!

Comment by Natalie – March 12, 2011 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really care whether or not he proposes again. I just want him to finally get to sing Lime in the Coconut. I mean, they’ve referenced it 3 times now and still have not done it.

Comment by Corinne – March 12, 2011 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They already did… When sweets was running on the treadmill I believe that was their attempt at putting it in a storyline… Which sucks but I think that’s it

Comment by Aimee – March 13, 2011 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping Sweets gets offed by Brodsky. Dream come true…

Comment by Heather – March 12, 2011 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think sweets needs to find a cougar. He can play up all the social and emotional angles of younger men/older women relationships …. and then just not care because it’s just sooooo good :D.

And then yes, Sweets can get perky again ;)

Comment by Kelly – March 13, 2011 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could care less about Sweets and Daisy! They are both so annoying! Could Brodsky take them both out?

Comment by Karoline – March 13, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love sweets and as long as he stays i am happy :)

Comment by Kiki – March 13, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL. Followed this link/headline from twitter thinking it was going to be a Sweets v the Sniper story. I can’t say I’m too invested in the Swaisy at all. But I do like the actors a lot, so it’s nice to get an interview with them.

Comment by Gee – March 13, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked to see sweets take a few weeks off/booth and bones need some private timed.as far as daisy I THINK no way to another proposal.

Comment by peggy – March 13, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping to read that Daisy was a victim of the sniper, oh well, I can continue to hope until the season ends. Sweets needs a gf I can ship with him, Daisy makes me cringe.

Comment by Mandy – March 13, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daisy is by far the most annoying “Squintern” on the show. I really don’t want Sweets and her together.

Comment by Cassandra Elise – March 13, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering Sweets and Daisy have been together since season 4, and got back together even after seven months apart, they’d have to find some pretty big reason to break them up now. And even if Carla’s pilot works out, they could still have Sweets and Daisy get married and say Daisy got a job somewhere else, and then she could just guest star once a season or so.

Comment by Vicky – March 13, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never cared for the character of Daisy (find her the most annoying of the rotating interns) and would rejoice if the actress left the show for another gig.

Sweets with a cougar would be a funny/interesting development.

Comment by Matt – March 13, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read somewhere that one of the interns would end up dead by the end of the season. Perhaps Daisy? A tragic ending for the Sweets/Daisy romance but fantastic story potential for Sweets next season!

Comment by Josh – March 13, 2011 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking something along these lines too…

Broadsky already threatened Booth and involved Parker as well. Maybe as a warning, he goes after Brennan. Brennan and Daisy look very similar from behind….. Just an idea, take it as you will.

Comment by Jamie – March 14, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh, never been a huge fan of Sweets/Daisy, so I don’t really care how this pans out. It’s Booth and Brennan all the way baby, though that’s not to say Daisy/Sweets can’t be cute sometimes too!

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – March 13, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dislike Daisy – always have. Most annoying character on the show so I’m hoping she dies by the sniper’s hand.

Comment by MJ – March 14, 2011 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t stand Carla Gallo.

Comment by L – August 10, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post