Is It Time for Jon Cryer to Get Serious About the Charlie Sheen Situation?

Jon Cryer appeared on TBS’ Conan Thursday night to once again address the Charlie Sheen situation… without really addressing it. Raising the question: Will he ever?

Charlie Sheen Sues Warner Bros. and Chuck Lorre for $100 Million

On the late-night talker, Cryer “responded” to Sheen’s recent declaration that his Two and a Half Men costar is a “troll” for not publicly reaching out to and supporting him during his headline-grabbing feud with the sitcom’s producers. You can watch the full Conan clip below, but if I may boil it down for you: Cryer interprets the “troll” label literally.

The Conan cameo marked the second time Cryer has obliquely weighed in on the ongoing Sheen sitch, having previously appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in his “new job,” as a receptionist. (You can watch that video here.)

OK, we get it — Cryer is “breaking his silence,” only not. It’s the stuff viral videos are made of.

But is Cryer trying to have it both ways by making these TV appearances without offering something of substance about his troubled costar, a man he has worked alongside for some 20 years (if you date back to Hot Shots)?

Holland Taylor issued a statement about her on- and off-camera experiences with her Two and a Half Men son. Marin Hinkle has talked about how the controversy may portend “the end of something amazing.” But Cryer? Steadfastly mum.

(Some of) Charlie Sheen’s Two and a Half Men Costars Weigh In on ‘Sad’ Situation

How many more lighthearted chuckles can we expect from Cryer before he steps forth with some sobering insight on Sheen’s wild post-rehab media rampage and the antics that have thrown the future of TV’s most watched comedy — and the hundreds of people employed by it — into jeopardy?

Do you agree with Cryer’s approach? Does he “owe” us nothing? Or do you think the time for milking the situation for (the faintest of) laughs is over?

Comments (84)

• I think taking a lighthearted approach is his best bet. He’s not the one that caused this mess.

Comment by Laura – March 11, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agreed!
      i hope that Lorre decide to keep the show going and make Jon lead with Ryan Stiles as full time wingman.

Comment by Polly – March 11, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with that casting choice. Ryan Stiles may not be a big name, but he’s already part of the show, and it would probably make it easiest to create a believable storyline utilizing Stiles’ character. I hope CBS and Chuck Lorre will consider it.

Comment by Joe – March 11, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What they should do (IMHO):
        1. Have a spurned husband kill Charlie and we open at his funeral
        2. We learn a now 18 year old Jake is Charlie’s sole heir and gets everything
        3. Have Jake become the new womanizer in front of his father who is now powerless to stop him as Jake owns the house Charlie’s millions and Charlie Waffles royalties. Also Jake turns out to be much smarter than everyone thought and had been playing his father and uncle like a fine tooth fiddle.
        4. Herb divorces Judith and move in and become the “Alan” ala season 1
        5. Bonus a cameo of a parody version of Haratio Crain at the end telling everyone:
        Parody, “Don’t worry, we’ll find his killer.”
        Jake, “I thought he was caught red handed…”
        Alan, “and he confessed.”
        Berta, “Don’t forget Charlie’s video camera.”
        Parody, “We’ll see with the evidence tells us.”
        –Trade mark sunglasses put on with an exaggerated flourish.

Comment by GimplyGump – March 11, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Making Jake Charlie’s heir is a good idea. Coulb be fun. But I’m not so sure about Herb.
          I would rather have Jake get drunk, sleep with a girl and become a daddy. And then add a new guy in the mix.

Comment by Aurore – March 11, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You should write for the show…brilliant making Jake the heir!

Comment by Z – March 11, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought you meant it should happen in RL. Only when I hit #2 did I realize you meant the show. Think they should cancel it, Jon walks away with his $$, uses it as a start-up to produce, act in and direct his own quirky films, and he never has to answer stupid questions about Sheen again. Genius.

Comment by sarah h – March 11, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think your idea’s could really work. However, be careful about giving your talent away for free!

Comment by J – March 12, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are absolutely right. Why does he need to dish dirt? We can all tell that Charlie sheen has lost his marbles.

Comment by Chara – March 11, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jon has made the intelligent choice to do nothing.

There are, in essence, two endings to this melodrama. Either Cryer has to work with Sheen again on 2.5 Men or he doesn’t.

Let’s say he doesn’t. Then his choice is to side with a co-star who has already told him it’s too late, and thereby gain nothing. Or side with his boss, in which case he looks like a brownnoser. (Is that a 1- or 2-N word?)

If by some miracle or contract settlement, Sheen does come back, Sheen will have enough enemies on the set (who after all lost about 2 months wages due to his horse’s asss routine) and won’t want to cause even more problems. Or Sheen will be contrite and “forgive” Cryer, perhaps even thank him for maintaining silence.

Commenting on Sheen is like playing Global Thermonuclear War in the movie War Games. The only winning scenario is NOT to play.

Comment by Rock Golf – March 11, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with your two “n” decision, sir!

Comment by Mikos – March 11, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree also. It’s not his mess and no matter what he’d say it would be criticized by one group or another. Charlie needs to deal with his own sh*tstorm.

Comment by leola – March 11, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I think that Jon is taking the perfect tone–a couple of joking references that are self-deprecating, rather than potshots at Charlie–and doesn’t owe anyone a public comment on Charlie or his behavior on- or off-set. He didn’t create the situation, and there are enough people spouting off about it already.

Comment by MelindaB – March 11, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. The Charlie Sheen deal is a train wreck and it affects a lot of people. Jon Cryer’s ability to make this situation lighter is a blessing.

Comment by Z – March 11, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Cryer doesn’t “owe” us anything. He didn’t start this mess. And doing 2 sketches doesn’t herald an endemic rash of oblique pokes at the situation. He would probably have remained completely mum except for the media hounding him non-stop for some sort of reaction. I think his stint on Ellen was probably the best expression of his feelings,calling the whole Sheen debacle a train wreck. Cryer was on a hit show, a show that was secure in the ratings and would probably have run for several more years. And now the future of the show is in jeopardy.

Regardless of whether one likes Sheen or not, regardless of what his needs are, medically – none of this would have happened if it weren’t for Charlie Sheen. He can deflect and point fingers all he wants, but he’s the one responsible for this mess. Cryer is caught in an untenable position: he’s trying to balance the media’s demands with his obligations to Warners and CBS as well as not condone Sheen’s actions but be supportive to his co-star as well. He’s walking a fine line and doing an admirable job. Well done, John Cryer.

Comment by Kay – March 11, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IF he says anything to support Charlie he could be out of a job too. IF he supports his boss then Charlie will throw an even bigger fit and call him far worse names then troll..Damned if U do and Damned if U dont. I thought his humor is wonderful. Possibly he would reach out to Charlie privately BUT Charlie would undoubtly go on some talk show and spill what was said.. good for Jon for not joining in on the lunancy.

Comment by sandy – March 12, 2011 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTH? He doesn’t “owe” us anything. If he has a decent relationship with Sheen then hopefully he has reached out to him privately. Just because Sheen is making a fool out of himself doesn’t mean that his co-workers need to air any dirty laundry or make a statement whatsoever. Cryer is a comedian and is making harmless fun of a bad situation. He isn’t making any negative statements about Sheen & is choosing to keep the seriousness private. I respect him for that.

Comment by allie – March 11, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto to all of your comments. Jon is a class act, all the way. Put yourself in his shoes, Matt. What would you feel you owed the tv viewers personally and professionally? The public isn’t owed anything. Period.

Comment by Stacey – March 11, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said.

Comment by Kelly – March 11, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He doesn’t owe us anything. His colleague is self-destructing in front of the world and he’s facing that with a little levity. Better that than breaking down. Give the guy a break.

Comment by Jennifer – March 11, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He doesn’t owe anybody anything. His personal relationship with Charlie Sheen is nobody’s business but his and Charlie Sheen’s. I think his current stand is just right.

Keep taking the humorous high road, Jon. #winning

Comment by Karen (SubMommy) – March 11, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He owes us nothing.

(That’s usually the answer to questions like this. But then you guys would have to work for a living.)

Comment by R K – March 11, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He should handle it his way. He doesn’t owe us anything. We ar jus observing.

Comment by Carm – March 11, 2011 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jon’s handling it right. Too many people are taking the situation seriously enough. Nice to see someone just roll with it. One could say Jon’s #Winning!

Comment by Stephen – March 11, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being that he’s been called names by Charlie Sheen for maintaining a dignified silence and not bashing his clearly troubled former co-star, Jon Cryer is allowed to go on Conan and make a joke about being called a troll by this jerk. It’s not his job to make serious public appearances and try and make the whole thing about him. It’s one joke. Lay off.

Comment by henninggirl – March 11, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shut up Matt! He didn’t start this and shouldn’t comment on other people’s personal issues! I wouldn’t want someone at my workplace discussing my business!

Comment by Marie – March 11, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His “friend” that he’s been working with has potentially screwed him out of a lucrative job, and then calls him a troll? Jon’s doing the right thing, he doesn’t have to talk about anything he doesn’t want to.

Comment by MeganTV – March 11, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He doesn’t owe us anything and who’s to say he isn’t taken it seriously out of the spotlight? Not everything needs to be performed in front of an audience.

What is supposed to say? The same thing as everyone else? It’s sad…blah, blah…he’s not responsible for Charlie nor is he responsible for what’s going on with the show, so hell ya, keep the comedy coming.

Anyway, how the hell is he supposed to take seriously someone calling him a troll?

Comment by Nancy – March 11, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. He is under no obligation to say anything. If my life was failing apart around me, be it from my own behavior or for others around me, I would hope that people close to me would not feel obligated to give their viewpoint to outsiders. I think this should go double for when the tragedy is public. What we see too often today are people speaking out on tv, mostly to get their faces on tv. Stay mum Jon, more power to you.

Comment by Chris – March 11, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally think he is taking the high road in this whole thing, and any small bit of positive publicity he can get out of it on his behalf he should, remember he isn’t making any money off of Sheen’s antics and he is also losing money without his show in production and possibly cancelled. I hope to see him come out of this with a successful career and that this doesn’t effect his family and his life at all. Remember he is the one who wins the Emmys and I would love to see him continue winning them, when all this stupidity is over and Sheen has either gone back on his meds, or just disappeared from our memories.

Comment by Christina – March 11, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kudos to Jon Cryer for doing his best to stay OUT of this mess! With Sheen, opening your mouth is like touching the proverbial
    3rd rail – if it’s not something Sheen wanted to hear. Cryer knows this – and that he is under no obligation to say anything to anyone.

Comment by Suncatcher – March 11, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, c’mon, Matt, I expect better from you. What was he supposed to do? He replied to an insult with a humorous jab right back at the real troll, who is Charlie. That is, if we use the ‘internet’ meaning of the word. So, clueless people thought he was making fun of himself and the rest of us could get the message. I confess that for a moment there I thought he was going to be all serious – and it seemed like you could hear a pin drop in that studio. The moment he ‘admitted’ to being a troll, the audience’s laughter was more of a collective sigh of relief. I think he deserves another Emmy for that speech. Bravo! My crush on Duckie is back.

Comment by Chatty – March 11, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I think it would be interesting and somewhat revealing to hear his side of the story, and his feelings about the whole situation, I don’t think he “owes” us anything. This is his job, his income, his career at stake….all because of a sick man who is clearly not surrounded by helpful friends. If Jon Cryer just wants to continue to make light of the situation and not share what he feels about it, then by all means he should. This isn’t his mess. He’s just a person who is somewhat caught in the middle. I feel more sorry for him than Charlie Sheen, and hopefully the show itself will go on for him in the end.

Comment by Cassandra – March 11, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would he owe us anything? He’s an actor, his job is to act. Frankly, I don’t particularly CARE what he actually thinks about Charlie Sheen insulting him, but if he wants to keep that private, all power to him.

Comment by Leask – March 11, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think he has a responsibility to speak out on this. If he chooses to keep quiet that’s his perogative and probably the safest way to play it.

Comment by Denise – March 11, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really think it’s Cryer’s place to talk about that side of this whole fiasco. I think he’d come off as a Lohan parent by publicly discussing his costar’s demons.

I think by going about things this way, Cryer is showing audiences that there’s more to the show than Sheen and that there’s a possibility to salvage the show and careers of all those in cast and crew.

Comment by Jill – March 11, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not to just sound like I’m echoing everyone else, but Jon Cryer owes “us” nothing.

Comment by rachel – March 11, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon is doiong te right thing;it’s C.Sheens’family that should be reaching out; given that the Nation is envolved in watching this. Therefore; speaking about the actions that the family is going to take before Charlie go’s off the deep end.

Comment by greg – March 11, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He doesn’t owe us normal folk anything and he doesn’t owe the media anything either.

Comment by Elizabeth – March 11, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have to appreciate that while he is going for the laugh – he’s not really doing it at Charlie’s expense. He’s been poking fun at himself. He’s been very classy – and I would have to say very reminiscent of Conan during the whole Tonight Show debacle. Ultimately I think Cryer will wind up in a better position by staying light about this and not making any direct comments re:Sheen.

Comment by Emily – March 11, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Mitovich: I have been a reader of yours for years, first at TV Guide, now here, and I cannot think of a time when I disagreed with you more. Cryer is acting like a mature, responsible adult by refusing either to defend Charlie Sheen or trash him. He does not “owe” it to anyone to discuss what has almost certainly been a very difficult situation for him. How can you criticize him for taking the high road? I won’t deny that I’d love to hear his side of the story, but I respect the fact that he’s not feeding into the media frenzy by telling tales about his friend of the last 20 years. My respect for Cryer has only grown during the past few weeks.

Comment by Andrea – March 11, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is hilarious, it’s the perfect comeback to Sheen’s idiotic remarks.

Comment by Graham Collie – March 11, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, I think YOU need to address why you wrote such a hideous piece. Picking on a class act like Jon Cryer is not #winning.

Comment by jennwithapen – March 11, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie is actually fighting for the entire crew to be paid for the rest of the entire season.Has anyone even mentioned that? As for Jon,He’s in the lime light now,he’d be stupid to bad mouth Charlie.Everyone loves Charlie’s character and ironically,they fired him for being like him!

Comment by Shelly – March 11, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where is the accountability in that? The show was shut down because of HIM. If he has a real man, he’d be paying everyone out of his own pocket.

Comment by Jenna – March 11, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • charlie wants money for himself and his sex addictions and drug addictions.

Comment by kelly – March 11, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t watch this show regularly – did I miss the episodes when Charlie’s character is hospitalized repeatedly for drug overdoses?

Comment by Eurydice – March 11, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh please, he’s not “fighting for the crew”. Once again, Sheen is using other people for his own gain–just as he always has.

In Sheens juvenile and adolescent thinking, he’s using the same method of the classic forum troll, “I’m the only one brave enough to post this stuff, but I’ll have you know that ALL the lurkers agree with me!” I’m sure that’s true, if he’s counting the voices in his head.

Comment by Mike – March 11, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What do you mean “will he ever” address the Charlie Sheen situation? It’s still happening, Cryer has years and years ahead of him to address it. Now’s not the time to prognosticate.

Comment by Freddie – March 11, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon is a class act. Charlie dragged him into the ring, Jon was doing the right thing and trying to keep to himself about it. I think his responses are great. Charlie is the problem. If he ever gets cleaned up he is going to be horrified at his own actions. Charlie is in this mess because of the choices he has made & it will only be his choices that will get him out.

Comment by Kim R – March 11, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why should he take it seriously? Why should anyone take anything Charlie Sheen does or says seriously?

Comment by Cheyenne – March 11, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon was classy not to drag personal and professional matters into the press and not to fight his mentally ill costar in the press for some nasty and childish comments. I think he should remain quiet. Charlie’s family is. It’s classier and respectful. Plus his bosses and costar are about to do legal battle. Cryer could be called as a witness and why encourage the media attention to a his former costar publicly losing it. Craig Ferguson got it right when he compared it to bedlam and paying to watch people in a mental facility.

Comment by Kelly – March 11, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I surely can’t fault his approach. He’s in a tough situation, and there is no #Winning by taking it head on. Humor is the best route.

Comment by John Berggren – March 11, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He actually reacts in the only proper way…
    he is not openly telling charlie sheen off… my guess is BECAUSE he worked with him these somewhat 20 years
    and he is not siding with sheen, because…. well… honestly it would be stupid ;)
    and he is not talking about the way charlie sheen was on set, because it doesn’t matter…. he is clearly out of his mind now and was clearly disrespectful to his bosses (not to mention greedy) so what does it matter if he was nice and polite to his costars?
    really…. I think he just reacts as any sane grown-up intelligent actor should!

Comment by Krissi – March 11, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering there’s going to be a legal battle going on, maybe he doesn’t want to put himself in the middle of it – at least not before the lawyers for both sides get hold of him.

Comment by Eurydice – March 11, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This post is ridiculous. Of course Cryer is doing the right thing.

Comment by Sheila – March 11, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is a class-act and should be commended for not flaunting his opinion to the press. Mr. Sheen is bullying him into talking and we all know that’s not right. I hope Mr. Cryer knows how the viewing public feel about him, and not just those write about him.
    Hang in there, Ducky!!!

Comment by Amanda – March 11, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No it is not time for Cryer to get serious about Charlie in the media. Cryer is not to blame for this mess nor does he owe us anything. The real question is it time for child services, and the mental health field to get serious about Charlie Sheen’s problems before him or someone else dies. Also Holland talked about the charlie she use to know not the one in the media now and MH talked about egos,charlie being ill and losing her job. I think if Cryer was ever friends with Charlie or if not and he’s just any sort of professional he should not seriously comment on it publicly.

Comment by Kelly – March 11, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon is dammed if he does comment and Dammed if he doesn’t.

I may sound harsh but I had never heard of Jon before Two and a half men so even if Charlie is a “Bad Person” at least Jon got work from it.

Comment by Twinkle – March 11, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That doesn’t sound harsh, just ignorant. Why can’t Two and a Half Men be part of Jon’s resume without owing it to Charlie?

Comment by Josh – March 11, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he’s worked with Charlie long enough to understand the “rockstar’s” bouts of odd behavior, AND he wants to work with him again in the future, so Jon’s course of action seems to be a “good soldier” and stay away from attracting any “friendly fire”.

Comment by skyfan – March 11, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand this article writer’s persepctive. Cryer doesn’t have to say anything about this Sheen situation, and nor should you expect him to.

He is making humor of the situation in his way, and that is fine. He doesn’t have to do that, either. Your expectaion of a substantive comment of Cryer is yours and yours alone.

Are you posting entertainment news here, or entertainment opinion?

Comment by Tom – March 11, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I admire him for being able to maintain his sense of humor about everything and not lash out and make things worse. He probably feels some loyalty to Sheen after working with him for so long, but he also doesn’t want to get in the middle of the feud between Sheen and the show. I hate when celebrities bash eachother and fight their arguments in the public arena, so I think the way Cryer is handling it is better for everyone.

Comment by Charissa – March 11, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately Charlie Sheen wants to take everyone down with him, even the innocent crew and actors he portends to be concered about. Him calling Jon Cryer a troll for not “publically” defending him is the ultimate in megalomania. Jon has taken the high road and will be rewarded later in career success. I shall watch him in anything he choses to do.

Comment by meliot – March 11, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon is doing the right thing. He is not obligated to comment on someone else’s trouble. I don’t think we need to hear his “insight” either because we know Charlie is troubled.

Comment by asianstamp – March 11, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jon! He has proven that he is far more talented that Charlie — Charlie is basically playing himself, and I have enjoyed it. But some of the funniest episodes are Alan centric.
    And ALL of the other cast members are GREAT.
    Ryan Stiles was on Drew Carey’s show, so not exactly an unknown AND he was on Drew’s “Who’s Line is it Anyway” — still hysterical.

Comment by kathy – March 11, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely! How dare Jon Cryer take serious topics like his former costar’s addictions, the loss of his job, and being called names and make light of it? How dare he not pick sides? How dare he decide to keep how he feels about Charlie right now private? How dare he not put himself in the middle of this mess to further our own public enjoyment of this whole Charlie Sheen thing?
    Because that last question is the real point of this article, isn’t it? We have no idea how Cryer is really taking this, and that sucks, because it could make for good drama. Look, I have no problem if people poke some fun at Charlie Sheen (or other, similarly spotlight obsessed celebrities). He’s putting all his crazy out for the world to see. He wants to be talked about, so we are. But if Jon Cryer wants to keep quiet, well, why not? It isn’t his fault that Sheen’s put him in the middle of all this. He’s keeping things light, and funny, and that seems like a perfectly acceptable response to me.
    Plus the troll bit cracked me up. :D

Comment by sweetiepie1019 – March 11, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jon Cryer and his way is the right way. I love Charlie too and hope everything goes well with both of them.

Comment by Lium – March 11, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cryer has been trying to take the high road through this whole fiasco.
    When assaulted by the press he has politely said “no comment”
    He has not said anything negative about his costar or the show.

And the shut down has cost him millions of dollars !
    John Cryer makes $500,000 an episode , so a 3 week shut down and the cancellation of 4 episodes cost him dearly.

Taking all that into consideration I think he’s been rather gracious through out.

I hope the show continues for the other members of the cast who DO NOT DESERVE TO HAVE there livelihood flushed down the toilet.

Comment by Laurel – March 11, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna have to echo the sentiments of most of the people here. Jon doesn’t owe us anything. What is between he and charlie is between them. Period. Jon is using humor to get through a difficult situation, and I for one like that.

Comment by Karen – March 11, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He doesn’t owe the fans anything in this situation. Charlie has done everything and it all falls to his shoulders. Jon should be allowed to find some humor in this tragic moment.

Comment by Melody – March 11, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why should he address it? He doesn’t owe “the public” any kind of a statement. The media has been acting as though the only reason to watch the show was Sheen. (Well, guess what, Cryer has fans as well.) Sheen is the one who drug him into this problem in the first place.

It’s been my experience that the guy who can maintain his sense of humor in any conflict is the guy who will prevail. So good for Jon that his “response” has really been no response. Sheen could take some desperately needed class lessons from him.

Comment by Kate – March 11, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post