Exclusive

Exclusive: Criminal Minds' Paget Brewster Gets Experimental for NBC

Paget Brewster has firmed up her post-Criminal Minds career plans: The fan fave has signed to play the female lead in NBC’s comedy pilot My Life as an Experiment.

Produced by Jack Black, Experiment chronicles the adventures of gonzo magazine journalist A.J. Wilder (comedian Jon Dore) and how his unique profession impacts his home life. Brewster will play Stacie, A.J.’s feisty lawyer wife.

The potential series is based on the best-selling book by journalist/author A.J. Jacobs, Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life As An Experiment.

Ironically, the news comes on the eve of Brewster’s Minds‘ swan song; her final episode is set to air on Wednesday. Should Experiment not earn a series order, the actress has a cushy Plan B to fall back on: Minds‘ producers have invited her to return next season as a full-fledged series regular.

1. nadya says:

im really excited to see the new show but im gonna miss her on criminal minds. shes awesome!

2. Michael says:

Simply this, if and that’s a big IF, given the network we are talking about (Bring back Charlie Sheen???????) Paget’s show gets picked up, then I can continue to watch that very talented actress again, depending on the rest of the cast and the writers. I can say I have loved and record most of the episodes on many channels of CM. But First JJ’s out and I must say that stupid move by the show or whoever, had me starting to not watch some of the show’s I record. BUT let Paget Brewster go???????? That’s it!! I will wait until next season to see if you have regained your senses, if not I will always have you to discuss along with such brilliant moves as ones like canceling Star Treck, David Caruso’s leaving NYPD Blue, Two actors who left MASH, and sooooo many other genius moves. You have great writer’s and have been lucky enough to put together a cast that clicks with the concept and viewers. It is a stirring show. But to under estimate the value of those two actors and their contribution to the heart of the show? Really stupid. Who ever thought this up, (must be the same guy who wants to talk to Charlie Sheen and try and get him to come back to 2 1/2 Men!) FIRE HIM or HER!!!!!!!! See ya next season! It is 9:43pm on Wed. night here in LA and that sound you here is me turning your show off until next season.

3. BIBI says:

I HATE THOSE BITCHES WHO IS WRITING FOR THIS SHOW, EVEN IF THEY ARE MEN THEY ARE STILL BITCHES WHO HATE WOMEN, WILL NOT CONTINUE TO WATE THIS SHOW, WISH THE WRITERS LOSE THEIR LIVES ALSO FOR REAL..

4. Deborah says:

I was really upset about this at first but then I saw Jack Black’s name. Given that ,regardless of how on earth he keeps getting money, Jack Black sucks, its hopefully a sure thing that this pilot (which sounds stupid, and honestly like a boring role for Paget) won’t be very successful (or at least not very good). So CM fans have nothing to fear! And she’ll have American Dad for comedy so all in all a win win for everyone but Jack (who cares?) and a lucky break for the idiots at CBS. Just happen quickly. Would that not be a kickass episode of CM anyway? The rest of the team finding out that shes not really dead? Who knows Matthew, Joe and Thomas might actually decide to act… Now if we can just get JJ back, then CBS will be forgiven

5. Deborah says:

I honestly don’t mind the new JJ filler. Assumming they develop her more, she’s actually a pretty interesting character so kudos to the writers on that. That said, she is no replacement for JJ or Prentiss. Hows about we cancel suspect intent!!!!!!! Because whatever they are paying those dumbasses to either mumble incoherently or overact in contrived plots could easily pay for a show that is actually balanced genderwise.

6. mafalda says:

however much I like the actress and wish her the best I want her to return to Criminal Minds, for season 7

7. RoniG says:

OMG~!~~!!! WHAT WAS CBS THINKING???!!!? You don’t mess with a good thing. If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it!! We had a FAMILY in that cast, we grew to love them and love their work and then CBS goes and screws up, and WE pay for it. BRING BACK A.J. & PAGET!! BRING BOTH Of THEM BACK!! STOP MESSING WITH OUR CAST!!! CBS……ARE YOU LISTENING TO ALL OF US?????

8. Nathan Robinson says:

Paget! Ur an awesome actress and I love you on criminal minds, I’m happy for you for getting another job but I couldn’t watch criminal mknds without you! In struggling to cope without jj! I love CRIMINAL MINDS so much and the cast!! :):)

9. Laura says:

I’m not trying to be harsh but I hope the show fails! Paget was a real asset to CM and it would be such a shame for her to leave it

10. Laura says:

For good! I think it was really Stupid of CBS to even think about cutting her hours, she was A main character! So please bring Emily back to criminal mInds and get her and Morgan together! :)

11. Noel says:

I really like you on the show. You were the best person on it. At lest come back so they can say that it was a dream. Can’t you just do both them. It’s not going to be criminal minds with out you. I am not watch it besides reruns. I really like alot of shows like with out a trace and the mentalist and so on I really think hat criminal minds was the best. But every thing happens for a reason. Not trying to sound mean. Your the best