Nikita's Melinda Clarke: Amanda's Not Finished With Alex Yet! Plus: Hot New 'Mikita' Promo

Get More: Interviews

While Nikita’s brutal hiatus lingers on (and on and on), I’m here with a little pre-weekend teaser, courtesy of Amanda’s portrayer Melinda Clarke. And if that’s not enough, let’s whet your Mikita-lovin’ appetite with The CW’s new OMG-inducing promo.

When we last saw Amanda, she was calling for the “cancellation” of Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca), which is huge and begs the question: Is there any good in the master manipulator? Surprisingly, Clarke believes there is.

“I’ve thrown around the idea that Amanda’s not necessarily out to get Alex,” she tells me. “She’s trying to help her become the best she can be, and in that she’s the ultimate tiger mom. She’s sees some brilliance in Alex, but at the same time, if there’s any weakness or doing something you shouldn’t be doing, á la Alex, Amanda might just use it to her advantage.”

Regardless of how Clarke sees it, sources close to the show tell me that Amanda’s not done with Alex by a long shot. In fact, she’s going to keep digging into the her past, no matter what it takes. The upside: We’ll get to see Amanda in action.

“The show has established that everyone has a different fighting style,” Clarke shares, “and Amanda is one of these people who doesn’t waste her time and energy on things that she doesn’t need to. We’ll see some physical stuff coming up for her, but everything Amanda does is elegant and efficient — and the fighting will be the same.”

No word on who she’ll face-off with, but I’d say that Alex, Nikita (Maggie Q) and maybe even Michael (Shane West) are all safe bets.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, that most unbelievable Nikita promo to date — ripe with a Mikita lovefest sure to send you shippers right over the edge:

Loading video...

Nikita returns to The CW with new episodes Thursday, April 7 at 9/8c. Be there, or face Division-style cancellation!

Comments (21)

• OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m dying!!!!!! YEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!! MIKITA FOREVER!!!!!! I can’t wait ’til april 7!!!! Thank you soooo much for showing us this! They are sooooo beautiful together! I LOVE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART!! <3<3<3

Comment by vero – March 11, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what she said!!!!

Comment by Kathryn – March 11, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HOLY CRAP – WHAT THEY SAID!!!

Comment by Sparky – March 12, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg I nearly just peed myself with excitement. Mikita 4ever!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

Comment by Aly – March 13, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited that we MORE of the complex relationship between Alex and Amanda. Evil Amanda is sooooo good…and I think they WAY underplayed Echoes and the opportunity for Amanda to mess with Alex while she was NOT in a total dream state. What happened between the couch/withdrawl and the chair. Total missed opportunity to see some great acting!

Comment by Sue F – March 11, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!…..Dats all i can say!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by OMG – March 11, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She will always be Julie Cooper-Nichol to me.

Comment by RM – March 11, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!! That MIKITA kiss is HOT HOT HOT!!!!! I can’t wait!

Comment by kelly Cha – March 11, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG why is this still going to be another month =( I wants me some mikita now!

Comment by alia – March 12, 2011 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do I have this feeling that he’s not with her 100%…

Comment by L. – March 12, 2011 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do to… I can’t help but not trust him 100%… at least right now, without having seen the episode…

Comment by ade – March 12, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHOA! The promo is hot, but I feel like something’s fishy… Oh well. They can’t have Nikita and Michael together and happy in a lasting relationship. There’s got to be drama. :)

Comment by Reese – March 12, 2011 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Promo is great, but it makes you wonder what Percy will do for Michael’s sudden shift in loyalties.

Comment by Toni – March 12, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t liked that. The show is turning in less darkness. That’s bad!

Comment by Jacob Paes – March 12, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! I really don’t understand how this show isn’t getting more viewers…I cannot wait to see this episode. And here I thought that we had already seen their kiss scene this season in Alex’s dream sequence.

Comment by freefalling – March 12, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can’t wait for devon sawa to come back I wish he would stick around more he is way more interesting than that fbi guy

Comment by nicole – March 12, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope Michael isn’t playing her, to get her to come back to division.

Comment by Leah – March 12, 2011 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As hot as that is, I’m fairly certain its a dream. Here’s hoping that its real.
    BTW, he’s Division, not FBI.

Comment by Anna – March 13, 2011 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly enough. I believe you’re right about it being a dream. I just wonder whose dream it is. And if it is real, it has to be at the end of the episode, because Maggie Q said the epi would be sad for Nikita but at the end there would be a ray of hope. Either way, I can’t wait to watch it play out.

Comment by Toni – March 13, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome promo, cant wait for Apirl 7th.
    I have to wonder at Michaels motives though…
    is he really with Nikita ir is he playing her to
    bring her down???

Comment by Tasha – March 13, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW! THIS GAVE ME THE GOOSEBUMPS!

Comment by O – March 15, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post