Scoop: The Cape Finale Goes Online at Midnight

The Cape will unfurl one final time tonight at midnight EST, when NBC’s freshman action-drama debuts its season finale online at NBC.com.

As previously reported by TVLine, the season finale was to air as part of a double-header on February 28. NBC however pulled the second hour, in part to save Chuck from an unnecessary week of hiatus.

But with Chuck back and The Event having resumed its own freshman run, The Cape‘s capper will not be broadcast but stream online.

The network’s official description of the finale, titled “End Game,” follows:

THE CAPE AND VINCE FARRADAY’S WORLDS COLLIDE AND HARD TRUTHS ARE REVEALED — Police Chief Marty Voyt (Dorian Missick) lands behind bars, in the hands of ARK Corporation, fearing he may receive the same fate as Vince (David Lyons). Attempting to learn more about Vince’s disappearance, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) takes on Marty’s case, and the impervious ARK Corporation , only to discover secrets of betrayal. The Cape’s double identity becomes blurred when Max (Keith David) and the carnival of crime attempt to protect Dana, Marty and his family.

Will you be firing up the cable modem tonight/this weekend to see how The Cape’s crusade concludes?

1. Ian says:

Well I would, but since I’m in Canada, I probably won’t get it…

2. bill says:

its online, heck yeah ill be watching it tonight, and ill even watch at midnight pacific to stay with what would /could be considered an airtime.

3. Brian says:

Any word on how long it’ll be there? I still have to catch up with the previous four episodes

4. Matt says:

Canada as well so nope :(

5. Evan Meadow says:

I’ll be watching it right after midnight. I want to see how it all plays out.

6. David Rittenhouse says:

Will it be available on demand? Since Comcast owns NBC I don’t see what problem would be. Of course I would prefer to watch it on my big screen in HD and Dolby sound instead of my macbook pro.

7. Liz says:

I’m interested in seeing how it “ends”…

8. Vince says:

Oh give me a break I can’t watch it on my giant screen, that sinks, what idiots at NBC

9. Erik says:

Of course I’m going to watch the final episode I hope it’s gets a high rating tonight or over the weekend!!! The cape is a great tv series with so much potential!!!let’s spread the word, don’t let them take our show like they did with HEROES

• shawn carrell says:

I know right!..seems like on all the networks they have to yank a show that we get into mid-season….glad they didnt do it to chuck..i do hope they return on the cape..sucks that we wont know if he reveals himself to his fam

10. Jeff says:

Yep, not available in Canada! Thanks so much! Come on CITY TV, put it up on the site!

11. Anita says:

Yay for NBC website content not being able to be see from outside the US… ahem.

12. AK says:

Definitely will watch in the next few days. Just wish it weren’t canceled. I hope Summer can find a gig that lasts a while longer!

13. Jenn says:

Have to seen it through. Disappointed in NBC not trying a different day/time to give the “Cape” a shot at grabbing more people. Love this show!

14. Great!! I was looking forward to the see the cape on line!!

15. Joann says:

I liked this show. I am happy to see that I’ll be able to watch the final episode online. It really sad to see that a show with this kind of casting pedigree, fails. Maybe it wasn’t the right venue — they should have put this one on Syfy.

16. LK says:

Well… That is SOOO insulting, so much for the fans outside of the USA… Total lack of respect from NBC! I’ll rent the DVD once it’s available… in 2015…

17. prish says:

NBC, obviously, is going after tax write offs. The way they dumped the fans with LIFE’s cut off in mid stream, and now with careless handling of CAPE’s final show, the suits do not want to build a fan base, i.e. network loyalty. They must have a different agenda, which is too bad for scripted show junkies. I still feel the pain over Journeyman’s and My Own Worst Enemy’s demises. I never watched JAG until recently, when I saw a few episodes from the NBC days and the CBS days. JAG on NBC was much more powerful and enjoyable. I hope someone at Comcast-NBC-General Electric, et.al. wakes up and realizes they should not toss out the baby with the bathwater. Get that old crew milking for network loyalty. You guys had a powerhouse and treasure trove. I get there is more money made with p and that is comcast’s interest, but a culture needs the more wholesome fare, also, to remain healthy enough to handle p. If you guys get caught up with greed, you suits are going to cannibalize your money-paying base and be left with only bones to pick over.

18. Becky Neal says:

I loved “The Cape”. Is there any hope of it coming back? It’s the one show we watched as a family.

19. Pam crossman says:

Why is it every time you get hook on a decent show they scew you and cancel it makes ya not want to start on any new shows

20. ssc says:

The cape is the only show I watch on NBC. I use to watch Chuck but I lost interest this season. It would be a shame to see the one show I watch on your network go.

21. fanny says:

my husband will be watching it and I will be at his side smiling cuz it’s the last one I’ll have to sit thru EVER!

22. Edna Mode says:

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: No Capes!

23. Karen says:

Since NBC owns USA, couldn’t they at least let USA take it over? After Life I decided to give NBC one more chance, but after canceling
    The Cape, I’m done. I will NEVER again start a new show on network TV. At least with cable shows, I know they’ll have enough respect for the fans to tie up a show, either by TV or by movie. USA has some great “character” shows that cater to a less brain-dead audience than NBC, & I think they could not only do it justice, but pull in the fan-base from shows like Burn Notice to make it profitable. Then the bigwigs would get their cash, and fans might not be so put-off by their for-profit (not for-entertainment) motives.