Pilot Scoop: Thomas Dekker Joins Kevin Williamson's Secret Circle

Sarah Connor Chronicles survivor Thomas Dekker has landed the male lead in the Kevin Williamson-produced CW drama pilot Secret Circle.

Based on the book series from Vampire Diaries author L.J. Smith, Secret revolves around a young woman named Cassie (Life Unexpected‘s Britt Robertson) who discovers that not only is she a witch and part of a top-secret coven, but she’s also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle between good and evil.

Dekker plays Adam, the oldest member of the aforementioned coven and a love interest for Cassie.

Comments (39)

• YES YES YESSSSSS

Comment by Josh – March 10, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why? lol he doesnt even look like the way hes described in the book. His eyes are supposed to be piercing blue!

Comment by jenna – March 11, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Look at Pretty Little Liars. Emily is supposed to be strawberry blonde with freckles. Sometimes you just have to deal with it.

Comment by Nancy – March 12, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like the CW have their Buffy (TVD) and have now found their Charmed. I’ll watch it I love supernatural shows but unfortunately every witch show i will always compare to Charmed, so heres hoping its just as good!

Comment by Kate – March 10, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kate, will you marry me?

Comment by Steven – March 10, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL Steven I know what you mean she so gets me.

Comment by Greg – March 11, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME.

Comment by Margaret – March 10, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YES! YES! He is MAJOR hot! I was only semi-interested in this TV show but I’ll watch anything with Thomas Dekker in it :)

Comment by mrswinchester24 – March 10, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WILL WATCH IT!!!!

Comment by sandy – March 10, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever! He’s a great actor.

Comment by Kem – March 10, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s a really good actor and I will definitely be watching the secret circle. Plus the books were pretty great in my opinion.

Comment by latorra – March 10, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my goodness! Best news I’ve heard all week!! Much like Joss Whedon, everything Kevin Williamson touches is golden! Dawson’s Creek was revolutionary… He took mediocre books in TVD and made them a phenomenal show… Can’t wait to see his latest project!

Comment by Lindsey – March 10, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i totally agree vampire diaries has replaced buffy and this will replace charmed only vampire diaries and secret circle will be so much better <333

Comment by shann – March 10, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Woah woah woah I did not say that TVD has replaced BTVS i just said that the CW has their own version, nothing can EVER replace BTVS!

Comment by Kate – March 10, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And nothing can replace Charmed though I do think the series finale could have been better. It was great I just thought it could have been spectacular.

Comment by Greg – March 11, 2011 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ME too i think the Fanaly will be better

Comment by Michelle – May 20, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did I read it right.. You’re saying that TVD replaced Buffy.. Nothing can replace my favorite tvshow in the world. The Vampire Diaries is an awesome show, but Buffy was my first love! And Charmed was also the best witch series ever. The Secret Circle can be as good as Charmed, but def can’t replace..

Comment by Saarrr – March 11, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shann, no. Just. No.

Comment by Steven – March 12, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This Twwen Show Will Never Replace Charmed Like WTF Charmed Had Diversity With Many Supernatural creatures They Batteled again WTH Are These Witches Gonna Battle With……………….NOTHING

Comment by TvCritic – August 2, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I loved him as John Connor on Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles. He and Summer Glau (as Cameron) had a great chemistry on TSCC.
    Maybe there is room for Summer Glau as well since The Cape is (non-offically)cancelled.
    If you want more news about Summer Glau and discuss about it , you can visit Summer Glau Wiki at http://summerglauwiki.com
    Here you can find everything about the brilliant actress Summer Glau’s work from shows/movies like Firefly/TSCC/Serenity. We have tons of pictures/fanart. Summer Glau Rules!

Comment by henry – March 10, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! No! No! He is not Adam material. Don’t these producers even read the books? For God sakes. First they cut out half the coven which cuts out half the substance of the story, then they cast Britt as Cassie and now This. It’s all wrong. I won’t watch this butchered version of one of my favorite book series. I love LJ and I gave Vampire Diaries a go because of my love for her work, but I won’t do it a second time.

Comment by Jenn C. – March 10, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um how exactly are they butchering the series . I mean everything can’t be identical to the book so stop you’re whining already becAuse I know that Thomas and brig will bring these characters to life awesomely ……….. that is all thank you.

Comment by latorra – March 10, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think I was going to be interested in this show, but then Britt Robertson from Life Unexpected was cast and that sounded interesting. Now Thomas Dekker? I’m on board. So they better pick this show up.

Comment by Alyssa – March 10, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I would watch it, but I’m not getting to happy till’ I know it will really be on TV. I read all the time about new shows then they never make it to a time slot or past the first season. Thomas Dekker is a good actor so I will keep the hope.

Comment by Toya – March 10, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like an interesting show. I’ll tune in. But since The CW is the WB and UPN merged, I hope that they give the show recognition unlike the WB did in the past. Charmed was one of the networks top shows, but they didn’t properly promote it and didn’t give the show the recognition it deserved. I agree with Kate. I compare witch shows to Charmed. I will watch it as long as it doesn’t come on during my other tv shows.

Comment by Robert – March 10, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, I’m totally geeking out about this. I LOVED the books when I was a teenager and always wished they would become a TV series. Happiness.

Comment by Jen – March 10, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Now I absolutely have to watch this. I was waiting for Thomas Dekker to be on TV again. Fantastic news!!!

Comment by Miranda – March 11, 2011 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Add this to the list of CW shows I won’t be watching.

Comment by Corinne – March 11, 2011 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great idea of the CW. But I still think that The CW should pick up “Nomads” for midseason 2011-2012. It’s a GREAT show, and it’s a different genre of drama for the network: action-adventure. So, “Nomads” is the good one; it’d attract a great audience.

Comment by August – March 20, 2011 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited, I love all them shows buffy, charmed, TVD, they are all awesome in all different ways and I’m sure the secret circle will do the same for me as the others do

so I say BRING IT ON!!!! I cant wait!!!!

Comment by natalie – March 22, 2011 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the ppl that say this will replace charmed is wrong! Not to start anything but really?! I mean charmed had its flaws, like not even bringing back prue in the photo montoge (or however u spell it) or brought her back for the finale all together… But thats besides the point… I agree with kate also… I will always compare witch shows to charmed and i have a weird feeling that if its a witch show on the CW (originally the WB where charmed aired) mite link to charmed somehow… Might just be my desparity talking but i hope so :D

Comment by Mason – August 17, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say that you’ve done a amazing job with this.
    Also, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Safari.
    Superb Blog!

Comment by Vickey – July 26, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have read so many posts concerning the blogger lovers
    but this post is genuinely a good piece of writing, keep it up.

Comment by เต็นท์ – November 28, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s good that my friend referred me to your blog. Just what I
    needed to clear the cobwebs. That’s a thought-provoking article.
    I really appreciate your sharing of information.

Advice like water takes the form of the vessel it is
    poured into. Punch.

If you lie upon roses when young, you’ll lie upon thorns when old.

Comment by granny flat plans – January 23, 2014 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a coworker who has been conducting a little homework on this.
    And he in fact bought mme dinner siimply becdause I discovered it for him…
    lol. So aolow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this topic here on your website.

Comment by lightweight canoe – January 24, 2014 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post