Exclusive

Pilot Scoop: Thomas Dekker Joins Kevin Williamson's Secret Circle

Sarah Connor Chronicles survivor Thomas Dekker has landed the male lead in the Kevin Williamson-produced CW drama pilot Secret Circle.

Based on the book series from Vampire Diaries author L.J. Smith, Secret revolves around a young woman named Cassie (Life Unexpected‘s Britt Robertson) who discovers that not only is she a witch and part of a top-secret coven, but she’s also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle between good and evil.

Dekker plays Adam, the oldest member of the aforementioned coven and a love interest for Cassie.

1. Josh says:

YES YES YESSSSSS

• jenna says:

why? lol he doesnt even look like the way hes described in the book. His eyes are supposed to be piercing blue!

• Nancy says:

Look at Pretty Little Liars. Emily is supposed to be strawberry blonde with freckles. Sometimes you just have to deal with it.

2. Kate says:

Sounds like the CW have their Buffy (TVD) and have now found their Charmed. I’ll watch it I love supernatural shows but unfortunately every witch show i will always compare to Charmed, so heres hoping its just as good!

3. Margaret says:

AWESOME.

4. YES! YES! YES! He is MAJOR hot! I was only semi-interested in this TV show but I’ll watch anything with Thomas Dekker in it :)

5. sandy says:

WILL WATCH IT!!!!

6. Kem says:

Best news ever! He’s a great actor.

7. latorra says:

He’s a really good actor and I will definitely be watching the secret circle. Plus the books were pretty great in my opinion.

8. Lindsey says:

Oh my goodness! Best news I’ve heard all week!! Much like Joss Whedon, everything Kevin Williamson touches is golden! Dawson’s Creek was revolutionary… He took mediocre books in TVD and made them a phenomenal show… Can’t wait to see his latest project!

9. shann says:

i totally agree vampire diaries has replaced buffy and this will replace charmed only vampire diaries and secret circle will be so much better <333

• Kate says:

Woah woah woah I did not say that TVD has replaced BTVS i just said that the CW has their own version, nothing can EVER replace BTVS!

• Greg says:

And nothing can replace Charmed though I do think the series finale could have been better. It was great I just thought it could have been spectacular.

• Saarrr says:

Did I read it right.. You’re saying that TVD replaced Buffy.. Nothing can replace my favorite tvshow in the world. The Vampire Diaries is an awesome show, but Buffy was my first love! And Charmed was also the best witch series ever. The Secret Circle can be as good as Charmed, but def can’t replace..

• Steven says:

Shann, no. Just. No.

• TvCritic says:

This Twwen Show Will Never Replace Charmed Like WTF Charmed Had Diversity With Many Supernatural creatures They Batteled again WTH Are These Witches Gonna Battle With……………….NOTHING

10. henry says:

Great news! I loved him as John Connor on Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles. He and Summer Glau (as Cameron) had a great chemistry on TSCC.
    Maybe there is room for Summer Glau as well since The Cape is (non-offically)cancelled.
    If you want more news about Summer Glau and discuss about it , you can visit Summer Glau Wiki at http://summerglauwiki.com
    Here you can find everything about the brilliant actress Summer Glau’s work from shows/movies like Firefly/TSCC/Serenity. We have tons of pictures/fanart. Summer Glau Rules!

11. Jenn C. says:

No! No! No! He is not Adam material. Don’t these producers even read the books? For God sakes. First they cut out half the coven which cuts out half the substance of the story, then they cast Britt as Cassie and now This. It’s all wrong. I won’t watch this butchered version of one of my favorite book series. I love LJ and I gave Vampire Diaries a go because of my love for her work, but I won’t do it a second time.

12. latorra says:

Um how exactly are they butchering the series . I mean everything can’t be identical to the book so stop you’re whining already becAuse I know that Thomas and brig will bring these characters to life awesomely ……….. that is all thank you.

13. Alyssa says:

I didn’t think I was going to be interested in this show, but then Britt Robertson from Life Unexpected was cast and that sounded interesting. Now Thomas Dekker? I’m on board. So they better pick this show up.

14. Toya says:

Well I would watch it, but I’m not getting to happy till’ I know it will really be on TV. I read all the time about new shows then they never make it to a time slot or past the first season. Thomas Dekker is a good actor so I will keep the hope.

15. Robert says:

Sounds like an interesting show. I’ll tune in. But since The CW is the WB and UPN merged, I hope that they give the show recognition unlike the WB did in the past. Charmed was one of the networks top shows, but they didn’t properly promote it and didn’t give the show the recognition it deserved. I agree with Kate. I compare witch shows to Charmed. I will watch it as long as it doesn’t come on during my other tv shows.

16. Jen says:

Okay, I’m totally geeking out about this. I LOVED the books when I was a teenager and always wished they would become a TV series. Happiness.

17. Miranda says:

OMG! Now I absolutely have to watch this. I was waiting for Thomas Dekker to be on TV again. Fantastic news!!!

18. Corinne says:

Add this to the list of CW shows I won’t be watching.

19. August says:

Great idea of the CW. But I still think that The CW should pick up “Nomads” for midseason 2011-2012. It’s a GREAT show, and it’s a different genre of drama for the network: action-adventure. So, “Nomads” is the good one; it’d attract a great audience.

20. natalie says:

I’m excited, I love all them shows buffy, charmed, TVD, they are all awesome in all different ways and I’m sure the secret circle will do the same for me as the others do

so I say BRING IT ON!!!! I cant wait!!!!

21. Mason says:

All the ppl that say this will replace charmed is wrong! Not to start anything but really?! I mean charmed had its flaws, like not even bringing back prue in the photo montoge (or however u spell it) or brought her back for the finale all together… But thats besides the point… I agree with kate also… I will always compare witch shows to charmed and i have a weird feeling that if its a witch show on the CW (originally the WB where charmed aired) mite link to charmed somehow… Might just be my desparity talking but i hope so :D

22. Vickey says:

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say that you’ve done a amazing job with this.
    Also, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Safari.
    Superb Blog!

23. I have read so many posts concerning the blogger lovers
    but this post is genuinely a good piece of writing, keep it up.

24. It’s good that my friend referred me to your blog. Just what I
    needed to clear the cobwebs. That’s a thought-provoking article.
    I really appreciate your sharing of information.

Advice like water takes the form of the vessel it is
    poured into. Punch.

If you lie upon roses when young, you’ll lie upon thorns when old.

25. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a coworker who has been conducting a little homework on this.
    And he in fact bought mme dinner siimply becdause I discovered it for him…
    lol. So aolow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this topic here on your website.