Pilot Scoop: Jordana Spiro Gets Lost For ABC

Get More: Casting News, Pilots, Scoop

Former My Boys star Jordana Spiro has been tapped as the lead in ABC’s sitcom pilot Lost and Found.

The multi-camera comedy centers on Jo (Spiro), a narcissistic thirtysomething New York City bartender and party girl whose life is turned upside-down when the conservative 18-year-old son she gave up for adoption turns up on her doorstep.

For a second consecutive pilot season, Spiro was circling multiple projects. Last year, she settled on NBC’s ill-fated anthology comedy Love Bites. The pilot went to series but Spiro had to exit after three episodes because of her commitment to My Boys. With TBS’ cult comedy now officially canceled, Spiro was offered several pilots and settled on Lost and Found.

Spiro’s original Love Bites co-star Becki Newton also just booked the lead in a comedy pilot, an untitled CBS family sitcom from creators/executive producers Jeff and Jackie Filgo. Coincidentally, the Filgos also serve as exec producers on Lost and Found.

Comments (7)

• Isn’t that like Life Unexpected? It seems pretty much the same to me

Comment by Florcita – March 10, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same exact thing! I love Jordana so I’ll have to give it a chance if it gets picked up to series.

Comment by josh – March 10, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sounds like Life Unexpected meets Raising Helen

Comment by Kris – March 10, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any truth to the rumor that Smallville‘s Tom Welling auditioned for a role in this pilot?

Comment by Tucker – March 10, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The title of this article was so cruel. Lost for ABC?

If they pick up this show I will be so sad about how my Lost isn’t on anymore.

Comment by Andie – March 10, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news, love her. Kinda seems like she got the shaft with the My Boys/Love Bites thing so it’s great she’s coming back with this.

Comment by LP – March 10, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re about to get Jordana Spiro an 18 year-old son?? Gee, I wonder why projects “suddenly” go wrong… I mean, she’s about to turn 34, fine, but friggin’ LOOK AT HER! Couldn’t they get anyone who really looks, I don’t know, at least 30?

Comment by godzilla_foil – March 10, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post