Pilot Scoop: LUX Hunk Kristoffer Polaha to Play Sarah Michelle Gellar's Ringer Lover

Kristoffer Polaha is bouncing back from Life Unexpected‘s (still unofficial) cancellation with a plum role opposite Sarah Michelle Gellar in CBS’ drama pilot Ringer.

The premise of Ringer (and Polaha’s part in it) is somewhat complex, so pay close attention: Gellar stars as Bridget, a troubled young woman who, while on the run from the mob, hides out by inhabiting the life of her rich wealthy twin sister, Siobhan. The twist? There’s a bounty on her sis’ head, too!

Polaha plays Henry, the out-of-work husband of Siobhan’s BFF (Tara Summers) who also happens to be having an affair with Siobhan. Unaware that Bridget has taken over Siobhan’s identity, Henry becomes hurt and confused by her lukewarm behavior and demands that she choose between him and her husband Andrew (Fantastic Four’s Ioan Gruffudd).

Got all that? Any questions? I’ve got two: Are you excited Polaha is making his way back to the tube so soon after LUX‘s (still unofficial) demise? And how does he stack up against Gellar’s previous onscreen partners (i.e. David Boreanaz, James Marsters, etc)? Hit the comments now!

1. Lyle says:

Sounds like a fail.

2. Rob says:

What happens to the sister?

3. Jones19 says:

I adore Kris Polaha, I’m even more excited for this show now.

4. Elizabeth says:

Wow – that doesn’t sound complicated at all…NOT. I can’t imagine the show will do well based on that description but I am happy to see both Gellar and Polaha back. I’m still bummed about LUX :(

5. ANUMBER says:

OMG I can’t wait for the return of SMG. I miss her Buffy days. I hope this show doesn’t suck.

6. Clarissa says:

No, I did not get it. It doesn’t matter though! SMG is back! yay

7. Kayla says:

Hunk? Really? Compared to David Boreanaz and James Marsters, I’m going with uh, no.

8. Rachel says:

I read the script and this show is going to be awesome! I couldn’t be more excited that SMG found herself a gem. And Polaha is a fantastic addition to the cast.

9. ggny says:

dam good cast i really hope this show makes it to air

10. Magically Suspicious says:

I dare anyone to ask me to choose between Kristoffer Polaha and just about darn near anything.

This show sounds all kinds of confusing. I’ll be watching for sure.

11. Manisha says:

I LOVE Kristoffer Polaha but gotta say, not excited whatsoever about the plot. It just seems really, really farfetched.

12. Kam says:

I’m stoked ab this!! I loved him on L.U.X…And paired w/ SMG…Oh, Wow…Tht just makes it even better! I hope this gets picked up.

13. Jason says:

For starters, Sarah finally gets a cute leading man. First time ever, perhaps.

Plot sounds oddly intriguing, and with those two cast, I’ll give it a shot, for sure.

Perhaps The CW should take some casting notes when auditioning actors for its new pilots. They seem to have the hardest time pinpointing actors that fans “care about.” To wit, Riley and Jonah (and virtually the entire cast) of Melrose Place. Or Ethan (and, again, most of the cast & storylines) from 90210. Ditto Nikita and Hellcats.

Without a compelling actor to get your foot in the door, many young fans won’t give your series even the FIRST look, let alone become devoted viewers. How many pilot seasons will it take before CW understands this basic lesson? (They’ve already botched Danni Lowinski and Awakening…what’s next?)

14. August says:

All I got from that was Ioan Gruffudd!!!!

SO EXCITED.

15. Cass says:

Hmmmm… Might be too much unnecessary drama for me, but will probably check it out. Especially if Ioan Gruffud is in it (and no, not because he was Mr. Fantastic).

• Air says:

and no, not because he was Mr. Fantastic

Horatio! :) Man, I hope they let him use his normal accent. He’s decent at American twang, but the Welsh just kills me.

16. Mikaylah says:

Sounds twisty. I loved Polaha on LUX and I had not IDEA Ioan Gruffudd was also in it. I will definitely check it out! From the descriptions I’ve read, it seems like the rich twin must have died, or been killed. Else, two of them would be a little hard to hide.

17. Allison N says:

Oooh I am even more excited now! I was already tuning into this show because it means the return of Sara to TV! I hope, hope, hope this show is good. I will be so depressed if it is not. Acting wise, they are good, but still have script-wise to worry about.

18. Alice says:

First Anya now Buffy. Kristoffer Polaha is making his way through the Scoobies.

• leslie says:

…not to mention he also had a small part in Tru Calling with Eliza Dushku (playing her professor/boyfriend in the first few eps)

19. Liana in San Diego says:

Dull as doornails. Now Ioan Gruffudd, that I can wrap my brain around! But Polaha compared to Boreanaz or Masters??? PUHLEEZE!

20. belbelbel says:

So similar to the story of “La usurpadora”, a 1998 Mexican soap opera, starring Gabriela Spanic. Yes, more useless knowledge.

21. Lalla says:

No interest whatever.

22. Jenn says:

Very interested in this!!! I have loved SMG since her AMC days and find Kristoffer pretty hot so can’t wait!

23. lace says:

It sounds confusing and complicated but I am thrilled to have SMG back on tv!

24. Toya says:

Wow CW… What else is getting bumped off that they are trying to get another show in? Or is this just a summer show? I guess we will find out. Summer shows don’t all last very long. Most fail and leave you asking what happened. This one just sounds like one of them.

25. Meg says:

“Still unofficial,” huh? Look, Ausiello, if the CAST of Life Unexpected is moving on, maybe you should too.

• Keri says:

Ok, Meg…Ausiello was just pointing out that the CW has not made an official announcement about LUX. We all understand that it’s likely canceled. But, OF COURSE it’s hard for fans to let go! It is such a heartwarming and original show. I love it so much, and it still has so much potential! Until it’s official, part of me will always hope for a miracle. I want more LUX!

Now, as for “The Ringer,” it sounds great! I’m so excited for Kris! I love Ioan, too, and am thrilled to see SMG back on tv! Such a great cast, and an intriguing plot, too. If it gets picked up, I’ll definitely tune in.

Don’t ask me to choose between David, James, and Kris…They are all pretty charming and hott.

26. Kat says:

Cue the millions of voices in my head to start cheering! I really (really) enjoyed Lux, and Kris Polaha was one of the main reasons why. I was already excited about this show as I love SMG and Buffy, and now about 10X more excited about it, no, make that 1,000,000X.

Really looking forward to this! SMG gets the greatest onscreen partners-Boreanaz, Marsters, and now Polaha! I’m so excited :)

27. Stacey Jefferson says:

Awesome, I can’t wait till this starts, Anyone know when i starts? or what progam it will be on in UK xD

28. Jo Allyn says:

I don’t think I can watch. It would be like watching a great character go evil. I like Kris so much as a perfect fit in a family drama laced with just enough comedy. The Lux plot had a never ending song. If CW makes this big mistake, I feel a loss of confidence in watching anything. It will be cut before given a chance. Does Kris have to take this part? I wish he could wait for something better. It’s not original. I know I have seen a movie very close to it and I can’t figure what will keep the series going. Lux was original and unique. It was shining a light on the poor performance of foster care. It was worthy not mindless. Lux had a perfect match in casting and the exceptional Liz and her writers. She is so talented. I don’t care who the stars are in a series. Kris is better than this new CW mess. He already has a hit show. I don’t believe in CW’s rating system. As evidenced by the Game. Dropped by CW due to poor ratings. Then picked up by BET, premiering with 7 million viewers. This calls into question how CW arrives at ratings. All I have left to say is, what a waste.

29. Eli_Darling says:

YAY!!!! SMG so happy to have her back :) Polaha is interesting but in no way close to Marsters. Of course this is a completely different role than that of Spike… oh Spike… I will definitely give it a shot because I love SMG and I really enjoyed Polaha on Life Unexepected. Hopefully CBS will give this show a real chance unlike the idiots at the CW – ugh – who cancel all the good for the awful… (RIP my dear marshmallow Veronica) YAY!!!! SMG Rocks!!

30. Rebecca says:

I am so excited to watch another tv show with Sarah Michell Gellar! I love her…. she is such an amazing actor!!! Can’t wait to watch this show!