Pilot Scoop: LUX Hunk Kristoffer Polaha to Play Sarah Michelle Gellar's Ringer Lover

Get More: Casting News, Pilots, Scoop

Kristoffer Polaha is bouncing back from Life Unexpected‘s (still unofficial) cancellation with a plum role opposite Sarah Michelle Gellar in CBS’ drama pilot Ringer.

The premise of Ringer (and Polaha’s part in it) is somewhat complex, so pay close attention: Gellar stars as Bridget, a troubled young woman who, while on the run from the mob, hides out by inhabiting the life of her rich wealthy twin sister, Siobhan. The twist? There’s a bounty on her sis’ head, too!

Polaha plays Henry, the out-of-work husband of Siobhan’s BFF (Tara Summers) who also happens to be having an affair with Siobhan. Unaware that Bridget has taken over Siobhan’s identity, Henry becomes hurt and confused by her lukewarm behavior and demands that she choose between him and her husband Andrew (Fantastic Four’s Ioan Gruffudd).

Got all that? Any questions? I’ve got two: Are you excited Polaha is making his way back to the tube so soon after LUX‘s (still unofficial) demise? And how does he stack up against Gellar’s previous onscreen partners (i.e. David Boreanaz, James Marsters, etc)? Hit the comments now!

Comments (45)

• Sounds like a fail.

Comment by Lyle – March 10, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happens to the sister?

Comment by Rob – March 10, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure she goes missing or dies.

Comment by Miranda – March 10, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Kris Polaha, I’m even more excited for this show now.

Comment by Jones19 – March 10, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow – that doesn’t sound complicated at all…NOT. I can’t imagine the show will do well based on that description but I am happy to see both Gellar and Polaha back. I’m still bummed about LUX :(

Comment by Elizabeth – March 10, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I can’t wait for the return of SMG. I miss her Buffy days. I hope this show doesn’t suck.

Comment by ANUMBER – March 10, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, I did not get it. It doesn’t matter though! SMG is back! yay

Comment by Clarissa – March 10, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hunk? Really? Compared to David Boreanaz and James Marsters, I’m going with uh, no.

Comment by Kayla – March 10, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • C’mon Kayla it would be hard for MOST men to live up to the hunkiness that was David and James!

Comment by Kathryn – March 10, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No indeed. No one can measure up to James and David!

Comment by V – March 10, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you. David and James hot to the nth degree, this guy not so much.

Please recast this role, he id not the guy for this.

So happy to see SMG back on tv!

Comment by Gina – March 11, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree, this guy is like a nerd compared to the other guys.

Comment by Chelsea Flowers – March 11, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • James and David were Hot. This guy is Not.

Comment by R – March 13, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. This guy is a definite step down from both David Boreanaz and James Marsters. BIG step down.

Comment by Shana – May 12, 2011 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read the script and this show is going to be awesome! I couldn’t be more excited that SMG found herself a gem. And Polaha is a fantastic addition to the cast.

Comment by Rachel – March 10, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dam good cast i really hope this show makes it to air

Comment by ggny – March 10, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dare anyone to ask me to choose between Kristoffer Polaha and just about darn near anything.

This show sounds all kinds of confusing. I’ll be watching for sure.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – March 10, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Kristoffer Polaha but gotta say, not excited whatsoever about the plot. It just seems really, really farfetched.

Comment by Manisha – March 10, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m stoked ab this!! I loved him on L.U.X…And paired w/ SMG…Oh, Wow…Tht just makes it even better! I hope this gets picked up.

Comment by Kam – March 10, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For starters, Sarah finally gets a cute leading man. First time ever, perhaps.

Plot sounds oddly intriguing, and with those two cast, I’ll give it a shot, for sure.

Perhaps The CW should take some casting notes when auditioning actors for its new pilots. They seem to have the hardest time pinpointing actors that fans “care about.” To wit, Riley and Jonah (and virtually the entire cast) of Melrose Place. Or Ethan (and, again, most of the cast & storylines) from 90210. Ditto Nikita and Hellcats.

Without a compelling actor to get your foot in the door, many young fans won’t give your series even the FIRST look, let alone become devoted viewers. How many pilot seasons will it take before CW understands this basic lesson? (They’ve already botched Danni Lowinski and Awakening…what’s next?)

Comment by Jason – March 10, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What does this have to do with the CW?

Comment by Jones19 – March 10, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kristoffer Polaha is from the CW show, Life Unexpected.

Comment by Kris – March 10, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, other than Riley and Jo0nah, I loved the Melrose cast. CW cancels anything critically acclaimed, ie LUX, Veronica Mars…

Comment by lorna – March 10, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the first time?! She has had great looking leading men.

Comment by Gina – March 11, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I got from that was Ioan Gruffudd!!!!

SO EXCITED.

Comment by August – March 10, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmm… Might be too much unnecessary drama for me, but will probably check it out. Especially if Ioan Gruffud is in it (and no, not because he was Mr. Fantastic).

Comment by Cass – March 10, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and no, not because he was Mr. Fantastic

Horatio! :) Man, I hope they let him use his normal accent. He’s decent at American twang, but the Welsh just kills me.

Comment by Air – March 10, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds twisty. I loved Polaha on LUX and I had not IDEA Ioan Gruffudd was also in it. I will definitely check it out! From the descriptions I’ve read, it seems like the rich twin must have died, or been killed. Else, two of them would be a little hard to hide.

Comment by Mikaylah – March 10, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooh I am even more excited now! I was already tuning into this show because it means the return of Sara to TV! I hope, hope, hope this show is good. I will be so depressed if it is not. Acting wise, they are good, but still have script-wise to worry about.

Comment by Allison N – March 10, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Anya now Buffy. Kristoffer Polaha is making his way through the Scoobies.

Comment by Alice – March 10, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …not to mention he also had a small part in Tru Calling with Eliza Dushku (playing her professor/boyfriend in the first few eps)

Comment by leslie – March 10, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dull as doornails. Now Ioan Gruffudd, that I can wrap my brain around! But Polaha compared to Boreanaz or Masters??? PUHLEEZE!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – March 10, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So similar to the story of “La usurpadora”, a 1998 Mexican soap opera, starring Gabriela Spanic. Yes, more useless knowledge.

Comment by belbelbel – March 10, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! that is exactly what I thought.. The American “Ursurpadora” i.e. The Ursurper

Comment by Ross – October 2, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No interest whatever.

Comment by Lalla – March 10, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very interested in this!!! I have loved SMG since her AMC days and find Kristoffer pretty hot so can’t wait!

Comment by Jenn – March 10, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds confusing and complicated but I am thrilled to have SMG back on tv!

Comment by lace – March 10, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow CW… What else is getting bumped off that they are trying to get another show in? Or is this just a summer show? I guess we will find out. Summer shows don’t all last very long. Most fail and leave you asking what happened. This one just sounds like one of them.

Comment by Toya – March 10, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Still unofficial,” huh? Look, Ausiello, if the CAST of Life Unexpected is moving on, maybe you should too.

Comment by Meg – March 10, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok, Meg…Ausiello was just pointing out that the CW has not made an official announcement about LUX. We all understand that it’s likely canceled. But, OF COURSE it’s hard for fans to let go! It is such a heartwarming and original show. I love it so much, and it still has so much potential! Until it’s official, part of me will always hope for a miracle. I want more LUX!

Now, as for “The Ringer,” it sounds great! I’m so excited for Kris! I love Ioan, too, and am thrilled to see SMG back on tv! Such a great cast, and an intriguing plot, too. If it gets picked up, I’ll definitely tune in.

Don’t ask me to choose between David, James, and Kris…They are all pretty charming and hott.

Comment by Keri – March 12, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cue the millions of voices in my head to start cheering! I really (really) enjoyed Lux, and Kris Polaha was one of the main reasons why. I was already excited about this show as I love SMG and Buffy, and now about 10X more excited about it, no, make that 1,000,000X.

Really looking forward to this! SMG gets the greatest onscreen partners-Boreanaz, Marsters, and now Polaha! I’m so excited :)

Comment by Kat – March 13, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, I can’t wait till this starts, Anyone know when i starts? or what progam it will be on in UK xD

Comment by Stacey Jefferson – March 16, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I can watch. It would be like watching a great character go evil. I like Kris so much as a perfect fit in a family drama laced with just enough comedy. The Lux plot had a never ending song. If CW makes this big mistake, I feel a loss of confidence in watching anything. It will be cut before given a chance. Does Kris have to take this part? I wish he could wait for something better. It’s not original. I know I have seen a movie very close to it and I can’t figure what will keep the series going. Lux was original and unique. It was shining a light on the poor performance of foster care. It was worthy not mindless. Lux had a perfect match in casting and the exceptional Liz and her writers. She is so talented. I don’t care who the stars are in a series. Kris is better than this new CW mess. He already has a hit show. I don’t believe in CW’s rating system. As evidenced by the Game. Dropped by CW due to poor ratings. Then picked up by BET, premiering with 7 million viewers. This calls into question how CW arrives at ratings. All I have left to say is, what a waste.

Comment by Jo Allyn – March 22, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!! SMG so happy to have her back :) Polaha is interesting but in no way close to Marsters. Of course this is a completely different role than that of Spike… oh Spike… I will definitely give it a shot because I love SMG and I really enjoyed Polaha on Life Unexepected. Hopefully CBS will give this show a real chance unlike the idiots at the CW – ugh – who cancel all the good for the awful… (RIP my dear marshmallow Veronica) YAY!!!! SMG Rocks!!

Comment by Eli_Darling – March 23, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited to watch another tv show with Sarah Michell Gellar! I love her…. she is such an amazing actor!!! Can’t wait to watch this show!

Comment by Rebecca – March 24, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post