Exclusive

Exclusive: Jason Priestley Joins Syfy's Haven

Jason Priestley’s getting his paranormal on with a four-episode stint on Syfy’s Haven.

The 90210 actor-director will play Chris Weekly, a brilliant, principled but anti-social marine biologist who must deal with an affliction most would consider a blessing.

Hmm… Hung‘s disease? I’m just spitballing here. I have no idea what’s “ailing” him (and the show’s producers apparently want to keep it that way).

Not surprisingly, Priestly — whose arc falls during Haven‘s upcoming second season — has signed on to direct an episode of the supernatural drama as well.

Thoughts? What “illness” do you think his character is “suffering” from? Post your theories below — the sillier the better!

1. erinb says:

he can breathe underwater.

2. klutzy_girl says:

Ooh, sounds exciting! I’m just glad we have Haven spoilers. I’ve missed this show so much.

3. Nancy says:

Awesome!!! my favorite show and now one of my faves is on it too!! So cool to have spoilers and info on the show too, can’t wait!

4. GeekGirl13 says:

What I want to know is when Haven comes back!!!!! I’m in serious withdrawals here!!!!!

• Nancy says:

Well, one of the writers twitted they start shooting 3 weeks from tomorrow, that’s something, right? I think we can expect a july premiere at the latest, I hope.

• Kelly says:

Sam Ernst, one of the creators, has said that Haven s2 will premier in July.

5. Patrick B says:

If the illness is something most people would love to have
    then everyone who meets him falls for him on site.

Either way I am just glad to see the show return. I missed it and was dreading finding it cancelled.

6. Gee says:

He can probably hear thoughts. He’s anti-social and most people would probably want that gift but (as shown on other shows ie. Buffy, Fringe) it’s probably hard to filter out everyone’s thoughts.

7. Lu says:

Cannot wait!!! I love this show.

8. cbeee says:

This just made my day!!Every day I hope you post something about this show and today is my lucky day!!

Haven and Warehouse 13 need more mentions by you, the ultimate TV dude, here for sure!! Thanks for sharing!!

9. Liz says:

I’ve missed Haven! I’m so happy it’s coming back!

10. Denise says:

Is he related to Elvis Priestly? (old joke)
    Haven news, right on! Looking forward to having this show back.
    An affliction that most would consider a blessing. Does his body spontaneously produce tasty sandwiches and ice cream?

11. John Stone says:

I think he can see through the lack of talent on the show.

12. Jessica says:

Thanks for the Haven news! Now I just need my fill of Eureka and Warehouse 13 pleeeease!

13. FrannieT says:

Great news, but any appearance would require that Haven actually return to SyFy … and it’s been so long I’m losing hope! :)

14. Juke Early says:

Drooling over Thomas Jane again? Transparent suggestion – though excellent double entendre w/spitballing. I’m guessing it was a typo by somebody with glazed eyeballs & it’s actually HACK’s Syndrome. Meaning Priestley yet another SF show with a great premise descended quickly into car chases, handgun shootouts in old factories & worse- predictable plot points & dialogue.

NOTA BENE – for the commenter who said “ELVIS Priestley-” Priestley & Presley have the same surname roots.

15. Sarah says:

Wow. Definitely thought this show had been cancelled.

16. jim says:

I think he can shoot his sideburns at people and regrow them immediately…so he can shoot them again.

17. Mad says:

mmm, I think he should sleepwalk and hang himself and wake up without having to remember he’s hung himself…maybe he does this preceding every incident of the troubles…hell, there’s got to be some sort of interesting catch

OR

he does this everytime he remembers Haven’s ultimate mystery and after he resurrects from hanging himself he forgets…

All I know is that this show is in my top 5 favorite shows on currently, which says a lot.

18. Stacey says:

I don’t care what his “illness” is, I’m just happy to hear Haven is actually returning!! I hadn’t heard anything about it coming back and I was getting worried!!

19. m says:

Another great show. Can’t wait for more!

20. janeen says:

His mustache comes alive at night whens he sleeping and runs around he room… a mind reader would be fun for a bit and make a few people nervous.

Have been watching for news about season two filming starting up.

21. Jay says:

An affliction that most would consider a blessing…maybe he can read minds or see the future. these are afflictions that some would consider a blessing but dealing with everyones thoughts or each persons individual futures would most certainly become an affiction after a while. Just some thoughts, no actual information. Glad the show got renewed. I was afraid with the actors not really being well know it was going to get cancelled, even though they’re great. With Jason Priestly joining the cast for a few episodes might bring new viewers to Haven as well.

Also a big YAY!!! that Eureka will be returning this summer too.

22. Debbie says: