In casting news that will rival 17th Precinct in overall geektasticness, Caprica heavy Sasha Roiz has joined NBC’s other buzzy pilot, Grimm. Roiz will play the police captain in a fantastical world where Grimm’s fairy tales actually exist, says Deadline. David Giuntoli (The Deep End) has already been cast as the pilot’s lead, while Silas Weir Mitchell (Prison Break) will play the “lead creature.”
Ronald D. Moore’s 17th Precinct, on the other hand, has already nabbed a flurry of sci-fi faves including Jamie Bamber and Kristin Kreuk — to name a few.
Ready for more TV dish? Well…
• Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution returns to ABC for its second season on Tuesday, April 12. This time around, Jamie & Co. will be tackling food woes in the great Los Angeles Unified School District — so yes, it will be his biggest battle yet.
Deadline, meanwhile, has delivered these other pilot castings:
• Vampire Diaries/Life Unexpected alumna Arielle Kebbel has joined Marc Cherry’s Hallelujah, for ABC. Per usual — and deservedly so! — Kebbel will play the “sexy young siren.”
• Arrested Development dad Jeffrey Tambor is the latest to join NBC’s Bent. David Walton will play Tambor’s son should NBC bubble comedy Perfect Couples not be renewed.
• The Tudors‘ Natalie Dormer has joined the cast of ABC’s Poe, playing the “beautiful spitfire” female lead.
• Judith Light (Who’s the Boss?) has found a new home as an eccentric ex-mother-in-law on the ABC comedy Other People’s Kids, opposite Bonnie Sommerville (Cashmere Mafia).
• Twin Peaks alum Madchen Amick has been cast on the NBC drama S.I.L.A., playing a successful L.A. attorney.
• Royal Pains cutie Brooke D’Orsay has landed the female lead in ABC’s Smothered, opposite Kyle Howard (My Boys) and John C. McGinley (Scrubs).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?