Ratings: Glee Puts Up 'Delight'-ful Numbers

On a night rife with repeats, Glee found itself “Gwynning!” Cuing up nearly 12 million total viewers, Fox’s musical dramedy played to its largest non-Super Bowl Sunday audience since the second week of the TV season.

Versus its most recent outing, Glee was up 14 percent in audience and 7 percent in the demo (with a 4.6 rating).

Glee Recap: Sex and Some Ditties

Beyond Fox’s bit of “evening delight”, it was a quiet night. In the 9 o’clock hour, ABC bubble show V held steady at 5 million viewers and a 1.7 rating, while Fox’s Raising Hope (6.8 mil/2.8) enjoyed double-digit gains. Fox’s Traffic Light (3.83 mil/1.5), though, dipped a bit from its last Tuesday outing.

V‘s Morena Baccarin Teases a ‘Totally Nuts’ Finale

Closing out the night opposite Good Wife and Parenthood reruns, ABC’s Detroit 1-8-7 copped 5.1 million viewers and a 1.2 rating, which was on par with its most recent, non-preempted episode.

What were you watching on this quiet Tuesday? (P.S. Ratings for the White Collar and Southland finales won’t be in until much later.)

1. Rolfe says:

Yay, for GLEE! I thought last night’s episode was fantastic! This season is finally consistent!

2. Allie says:

Thats great, since that was one of the better episodes this season.

3. Vic says:

I usually enjoy Glee but I thought last nights ep was not that great and as a Mom with small kids, not something that should have been on at 8:00. Very disappointed.

• Valerie says:

There was a parental advisory at the beginning of the episode and Glee is rated TV14, so it’s never been for young children and your children probably shouldn’t be watching it in the first place.

• AlistairCrane says:

Exactly. It’s annoying how parents like to blame the show or the network rather than take responsibility for their own shoddy parenting skills.
        Last night’s Glee was tame, Vic, and if your kids can’t handle that, screw ’em.

• John says:

Yes, it is TV-14, and yes, there is an advisory, but I feel compelled to defend Vic now that you’ve very callously attacked her. Glee is a pretty edgey show for 8pm. Written for an older set (at least, an older set that doesn’t care about plotting or week-to-week arcs), and aggressively marketed at viewers EXACTLY like Vic and her family.

• Jim says:

Hmmmm, lets see, what would I do if I was watching a show and became offended by it? Easy answer, how about turning it off? If the subject matter in Glee offends you then you are living a very sheltered life.

4. Sarah says:

I loved this episode, because it had the most direct continuation from previous themes in other episodes, as well as excellent character development…Two things Glee has been lacking greatly.
    Albeit, They could have spread the information out over a few episodes, but I think having it all be crazy and hectic in one episode is excellent for a tv show based on high school- Not every day in high school is filled with drama and madness, but there are a few days that are just crazy.
    I’m ultimately pleased with this episode.

5. Sarah Weber says:

Gwynning…..I love it!!! Loved the Kirt and Burt chat…all around great episode

6. Sarah says:

There was a viewer discretion post before the episode.

7. Jessica says:

I despised this episode of Glee. I thought there was WAY too much Gwyneth, the songs were atrocious, and a valuable Stamos guest appearance was whittled down to 3 lines and some drumming.

8. Petra says:

I loved how enthusiastic Puck was singing Afternoon Delight. That was hilarious. I enjoyed this episode.

9. Maria says:

Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan, and Brad Falchuk need to write in the Crawford girls!!! Would be so fun to hear the female version of the Warblers! And maybe they could have a female sing-off with the Glee girls?! The girls on the show last night were cute especially the three on the end they kept showing! Do they sing?

10. Kate says:

One of my least favorites of the whole series! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Gwyneth, even KCheno did get that much in one episode and she sings and acts much better!

Also too much Sanatana for me, as my lease favorite character i really dont like episodes that she features heavily in! Not enough Rachel for me as well!

I cant believe the hottie John Stamos was only on for like 5 minutes! And Sue got even less!