Pilot Scoop: Terry O'Quinn Returns to ABC in Marc Cherry's Hallelujah

Hallelujah, indeed!

Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn is heading back to ABC in Hallelujah, an hourlong pilot from Desperate Housewives duo Marc Cherry and Sabrina Wind.

The project — billed as a drama with musical elements — is set in the town of Hallelujah, Tenn., which is being torn apart by the forces of good and evil and whose fortunes change when a stranger (Law & Order‘s Jesse L. Martin) comes to town, bringing justice, peace and possibly restoring faith.

O’Quinn will play the show’s main villain Del, a charming yet wholly corrupt local millionaire who virtually owns the town. The cast also includes Cashmere Mafia‘s Frances O’Connor and Terriers‘ Donal Logue.

O’Quinn had been gearing up to reunite with Lost costar Michael Emerson in the J.J. Abrams-produced NBC drama pilot Odd Jobs, but that project has been delayed. Emerson himself recently committed to another gig, the CBS pilot Person of Interest (also produced by Abrams).

1. Patrick says:

Its too bad Odd Jobs doesn’t look like its going to pan out, but I’m just glad both actors have pretty solid projects for next year!

2. JohnDoe says:

While I love Terry O’Quinn, I lost interest after “…from Desperate Housewives duo…with musical elements…”.

3. Sam says:

I think this show could be alternatively titled “How Marc Cherry Got His Groove Back.” I love DH, but this sounds like something fairly fresh and interested. Maybe like Housewives crossed with Eli Stone?

4. Jaymii says:

Multi or single cam? The multi-ness of DH has always bothered me.

5. Bee says:

OMG YES. this is one of the pilots i’m most excited about. i was happy to read arielle kebbel joined the cast and this just makes it even better. hope it’s good and that it gets picked up. although i have very little idea what it’s about. forces of good and evil? stranger bringing peace and faith? huh? lol intriguing, but vague.

6. Joe C. says:

You had me at Terry O’Quinn but lost me at ‘musical elements’.

7. Freedon says:

So if this and Persons of Interests are successful, does that mean no more Odd Jobs?

If so, WHY???

8. Snsetblaze says:

I misread and when I saw Marc Cherry, I thought Quinn was going to be cast on DH (as Bree’s new older boyfriend).

9. SamPerSan says:

The plot of Hallelujah sounds an awful lot like Road House, doesn’t it? And a little like Haven? Hmmmmmmm?

10. krypt0rchid says:

Sounds to me a bit like Haven but with musical elements…………….

11. Casey says:

This sounds amazing! I’m definitely tuning in. What an awesome cast! I mean, they had me at Terry O’Quinn. I need my LOST people back onscreen. And also Jesse Martin! When I read “Jesse L. Martin” and “musical elements”, I automatically think of Rent and what an amazing voice he has, so I’m really excited for that. :D

12. John Hooper says:

Everyone, everyone, look it’s John Locke!

I vote for him to come back as Locke, and redo the final season of Lost, this time forget about the Man in the Black, and branch off into a spinoff series with him at the head of the Dharma Initiative.

How does that sound compared to something created by the creative force behind the avalanchingly unbearable DH?

13. Dan Smith says:

Oh no! I was so excited about their show together. I really hope it gets off the “Delayed” list. :( I wanted Odd Jobs :(
    Still, although “Musical” caught me a bit off guard, I love Terry too much to miss his debut. Hope he does well :)