Pilot Scoop: Terry O'Quinn Returns to ABC in Marc Cherry's Hallelujah

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Hallelujah, indeed!

Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn is heading back to ABC in Hallelujah, an hourlong pilot from Desperate Housewives duo Marc Cherry and Sabrina Wind.

The project — billed as a drama with musical elements — is set in the town of Hallelujah, Tenn., which is being torn apart by the forces of good and evil and whose fortunes change when a stranger (Law & Order‘s Jesse L. Martin) comes to town, bringing justice, peace and possibly restoring faith.

O’Quinn will play the show’s main villain Del, a charming yet wholly corrupt local millionaire who virtually owns the town. The cast also includes Cashmere Mafia‘s Frances O’Connor and Terriers‘ Donal Logue.

O’Quinn had been gearing up to reunite with Lost costar Michael Emerson in the J.J. Abrams-produced NBC drama pilot Odd Jobs, but that project has been delayed. Emerson himself recently committed to another gig, the CBS pilot Person of Interest (also produced by Abrams).

Comments (16)

• Its too bad Odd Jobs doesn’t look like its going to pan out, but I’m just glad both actors have pretty solid projects for next year!

Comment by Patrick – March 9, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I love Terry O’Quinn, I lost interest after “…from Desperate Housewives duo…with musical elements…”.

Comment by JohnDoe – March 9, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your comment made me bust out laughing. I was thinking the same thing that it doesn’t sound good.

Comment by Melodie – March 9, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show could be alternatively titled “How Marc Cherry Got His Groove Back.” I love DH, but this sounds like something fairly fresh and interested. Maybe like Housewives crossed with Eli Stone?

Comment by Sam – March 9, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Multi or single cam? The multi-ness of DH has always bothered me.

Comment by Jaymii – March 9, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG YES. this is one of the pilots i’m most excited about. i was happy to read arielle kebbel joined the cast and this just makes it even better. hope it’s good and that it gets picked up. although i have very little idea what it’s about. forces of good and evil? stranger bringing peace and faith? huh? lol intriguing, but vague.

Comment by Bee – March 9, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had me at Terry O’Quinn but lost me at ‘musical elements’.

Comment by Joe C. – March 9, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So if this and Persons of Interests are successful, does that mean no more Odd Jobs?

If so, WHY???

Comment by Freedon – March 9, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I misread and when I saw Marc Cherry, I thought Quinn was going to be cast on DH (as Bree’s new older boyfriend).

Comment by Snsetblaze – March 9, 2011 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The plot of Hallelujah sounds an awful lot like Road House, doesn’t it? And a little like Haven? Hmmmmmmm?

Comment by SamPerSan – March 10, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds to me a bit like Haven but with musical elements…………….

Comment by krypt0rchid – March 10, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds amazing! I’m definitely tuning in. What an awesome cast! I mean, they had me at Terry O’Quinn. I need my LOST people back onscreen. And also Jesse Martin! When I read “Jesse L. Martin” and “musical elements”, I automatically think of Rent and what an amazing voice he has, so I’m really excited for that. :D

Comment by Casey – March 10, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone, everyone, look it’s John Locke!

I vote for him to come back as Locke, and redo the final season of Lost, this time forget about the Man in the Black, and branch off into a spinoff series with him at the head of the Dharma Initiative.

How does that sound compared to something created by the creative force behind the avalanchingly unbearable DH?

Comment by John Hooper – March 10, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no! I was so excited about their show together. I really hope it gets off the “Delayed” list. :( I wanted Odd Jobs :(
    Still, although “Musical” caught me a bit off guard, I love Terry too much to miss his debut. Hope he does well :)

Comment by Dan Smith – April 5, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post