Pilot News: Donal Logue Joins ABC's Hallelujah

After a critically-praised stint on FX with Terriers, Donal Logue is returning to broadcast television as the lead in Marc Cherry’s drama pilot Hallelujah.

The project is set in the town of Hallelujah, Tenn. where the forces of good and evil are exemplified by hard-working, moral diner owner Rye Turner (Logue), a family man who has had a run of tragic luck, and his long-time nemesis, corrupt millionaire Del Roman (the just-cast Terry O’Quinn), who is a law unto himself. Del seems to be winning the battle until mysterious newcomer Jared O’Neal (Jesse L. Martin) arrives in town.

The pilot brings Logue back to ABC, where he toplined the underrated comedy series Knights of Prosperity.

TAGS:
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Pilots

1. Lynn H says:

Hallelujah! I mean, hooray! So happy that the wonderful Donal Logue will be back in prime time where he belongs. ‘Life’ should not have been cancelled. ‘Terriers’ deserved another season. Maybe this time he’s picked a keeper. GREAT NEWS!

2. foresha says:

This makes me so happy!! I’ll be even happier if the show lasts past 13 episodes (RIP Terriers)

3. Debaloo says:

This is great news! I am such a huge fan on Donal Logue. I loved Grounded for Life, Knights of Prosperity, Life, and Terriers. I’ll watch this one too (hopefully it will do better than the last 3!)

4. april-ann says:

Ever since The Tao of Steve, I’ll watch anything this wonderfully talented actor is in. The most underrated actor in the business.

5. ggny says:

this cast is already amazing

6. Magically Suspicious says:

Donal Logue AND Terry O’Quinn? Together?

There’s a catch, right?

7. Bella says:

Wow, this sounded like a show that I had no interest in watching. But with Donal Logue and Terry O’Quinn headlining? It sounds like must see t.v. to me.

8. Clay says:

Wasn’t this show supposed to have “musical” elements? I know Terry O’Quinn plays guitar but I’ve never heard either of these guys sing.

• quang says:

This isn’t that kind of musical. The episodes will be punctuated by songs from a gospel choir, and Jesse Martin (playing the stranger who restores peace to the town) is the only cast member with singing experience, so I’m pretty sure they’re the only ones doing the singing.

9. Renee says:

Donal Logue & Terry O’Quinn? WOW. Please give them a marginal to adequate script and this should be a hit.

10. Lorie says:

Awesome news! Looks like I’ll now have check out this new show. I fell in love with Donal in Knights of Prosperity. Wonder if he’ll ever bump into his former co-star, Sofia Vergara, in any ABC parties.

11. Me says:

I’ll be watching for sure, although the demise of Terriers still hurts.