Pilot News: Donal Logue Joins ABC's Hallelujah

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots

After a critically-praised stint on FX with Terriers, Donal Logue is returning to broadcast television as the lead in Marc Cherry’s drama pilot Hallelujah.

The project is set in the town of Hallelujah, Tenn. where the forces of good and evil are exemplified by hard-working, moral diner owner Rye Turner (Logue), a family man who has had a run of tragic luck, and his long-time nemesis, corrupt millionaire Del Roman (the just-cast Terry O’Quinn), who is a law unto himself. Del seems to be winning the battle until mysterious newcomer Jared O’Neal (Jesse L. Martin) arrives in town.

The pilot brings Logue back to ABC, where he toplined the underrated comedy series Knights of Prosperity.

Tags:

Comments (17)

• Hallelujah! I mean, hooray! So happy that the wonderful Donal Logue will be back in prime time where he belongs. ‘Life’ should not have been cancelled. ‘Terriers’ deserved another season. Maybe this time he’s picked a keeper. GREAT NEWS!

Comment by Lynn H – March 9, 2011 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen on Life!!! I’m still sad that it got cancelled. Now if only Damien Lewis could find another primetime gig!

Comment by Kate – March 9, 2011 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So when will/is ‘Hallelujah’ on? I can’t find it anywhere.

Comment by Kit – April 27, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the same way. I was so upset when Life went off and then when Terriers was cancelled, I could hardly believe it.

Comment by Nancy – October 5, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me so happy!! I’ll be even happier if the show lasts past 13 episodes (RIP Terriers)

Comment by foresha – March 9, 2011 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! I am such a huge fan on Donal Logue. I loved Grounded for Life, Knights of Prosperity, Life, and Terriers. I’ll watch this one too (hopefully it will do better than the last 3!)

Comment by Debaloo – March 10, 2011 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever since The Tao of Steve, I’ll watch anything this wonderfully talented actor is in. The most underrated actor in the business.

Comment by april-ann – March 10, 2011 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said!!! :-)

Comment by Karin Isabella – March 12, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this cast is already amazing

Comment by ggny – March 10, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Donal Logue AND Terry O’Quinn? Together?

There’s a catch, right?

Comment by Magically Suspicious – March 10, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this sounded like a show that I had no interest in watching. But with Donal Logue and Terry O’Quinn headlining? It sounds like must see t.v. to me.

Comment by Bella – March 10, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t this show supposed to have “musical” elements? I know Terry O’Quinn plays guitar but I’ve never heard either of these guys sing.

Comment by Clay – March 10, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This isn’t that kind of musical. The episodes will be punctuated by songs from a gospel choir, and Jesse Martin (playing the stranger who restores peace to the town) is the only cast member with singing experience, so I’m pretty sure they’re the only ones doing the singing.

Comment by quang – March 10, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Donal Logue & Terry O’Quinn? WOW. Please give them a marginal to adequate script and this should be a hit.

Comment by Renee – March 10, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! Looks like I’ll now have check out this new show. I fell in love with Donal in Knights of Prosperity. Wonder if he’ll ever bump into his former co-star, Sofia Vergara, in any ABC parties.

Comment by Lorie – March 10, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching for sure, although the demise of Terriers still hurts.

Comment by Me – March 18, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post