Brothers & Sisters Vs. Harry's Law: The 'Renew Our Show' Tournament Continues!

On paper, Brothers & Sisters and Harry’s Law are wildly different. One is a long-running ABC drama about a California family that can’t get enough sex, wine, and drama. The other is a freshman NBC series about a Cincinnati attorney and her merry band of justice-seekers. But now, they’ve got two important things in common: Both shows are fighting for places on their respective networks’ 2011-2012 lineups, and both are hoping to advance to the second round of TVLine.com’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Sweet 16 Bracket Tournament.

Alas, only one will survive a head-to-head single-elimination duel to the death, and that’s where you come in. For the uninitiated, “Renew Our Show!” features 16 existing series currently in on-the-bubble limbo; we left out the sure-fire pickups (like Criminal Minds, Supernatural, and Community) and those to which the Grim Reaper has already paid a visit (we’ll miss you, Medium!). Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next three weeks, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the field. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re worried about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

So who’s it going to be? Sally Field or Kathy Bates? Dave Annable or Nathan Corddry? Polls will be open for 72 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to rally more fans to your favorite. (If you missed Monday’s matchup — Chuck vs. Human Target, voting is still open for another 24 hours; and you still have two days to weigh in on Lie to Me vs No Ordinary Family.) And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. MoxieSue says:

Too bad there isn’t a Neither button.

2. D. says:

BROTHERS&SISTERS without any doubt ;)

• Daniel says:

Been watching B&S since it started, as I was already pot-committed to Desperate Housewives. I actually love Brothers and Sisters so much more than Housewives. Great cast, but my only complaint is this: why can’t they just have ONE normal dinner?

3. Trent says:

Let’s face it, NBC can’t afford to cancel a show that gets around 9mil viewers a week.

4. Thom says:

I have watched Brothers and Sisters since it started and really like it. Same with Harry’s Law. I have to vote for Harry’s Law. Some of these shows get so old and it’s time for new blood. IE Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy to name a few. They get stale. Harry’s Law is excellent.

5. Christina says:

Yeah I’d choose the Neither option too.

6. Sophoia says:

Brothers & Sisters, definitely Brothers & Sisters. I need one hour of Walker drama in my week.

7. Willy says:

Are you kidding me, comparing these two shows??? Brothers and Sisters is trash. I have been forced to watch this a few times and thought about invoking my Genevea Convention rights. Harry’s Las has depth and a great lead. What else do you need? Only problem is Monday night at 10 is crowded right now. Maybe a new home. I know, stop trying to pretend that shows like the Cape and the Event will work and open up the 9PM slot.

8. Rolfe says:

Brothers & Sisters for sure!

9. If I had to pick it’d be HL.. the writing on B&S is terrible. No character growth. Repetitious actions. And at least 3-4 “I’m sorrys” every episode.

10. Cdn Izzy says:

love ‘em both.

• Spikenalabama says:

Ditto. Every bracket in this tournament that has a show that I watch in it, both shows are shows that I watch and if the bracket has a show that I don’t watch, I don’t watch either show. How am I supposed to choose?!

11. Amy says:

Voted for Brothers and Sisters, only on the condition that it improves and goes back to the good show it used to be

12. Jared says:

This was hard, I have watched every episode of each show at least twice (and own every season of B&S), but I want one more season. Harry’s Law is almost a definite renewal, so I voted B&S. Both are probably some of the best hours of television on…what would you debate me with (Off the Map, The Event, Chuck…didn’t think so)

13. Peppy says:

Love them both but if I had to pick it would be Harry’s Law. It’s my new favorite show. I will be bummed if it doesn’t make it back in the fall.

14. Darcie says:

Brothers & sisters !!! Keep keep keep!!

15. Kevin says:

Right on MoxieSue-I voted for Harry’s Law although I only watch it if nothing else is on. On the other side of the battle is Brother and Sisters which has to be the biggest pile of poop on TV. WHINE! WHINE! WHINE! There you go. . .an entire episode of dialogue right there.

16. Desi says:

HL is a fresh take on an old concept. B&S is just the same old thing week after week. TV networks need to get out of the rut they are in and start competing with the cable channels with real shows. Back when TV was fun to watch there was a variety of things to watch, now we have 300+ channels and basically they are all showing the same things!!!!!

17. Bryan says:

People still watch Brothers & Sisters? On purpose?

18. Chac says:

Love how the comments are made by tv critics!
    B&S is good and works for a very few compared to other shows, but still’s nice. We all love drama.
    In the other side, HL makes a nice and clean photograph: Bates is really good and the plotline could get more

19. Rock Golf says:

Other big thing in common: they’re the only two shows on the air right now where the lead is an Oscar-winning actress.

Harry’s Law just has so much potential, whereas B&S is sooo over.

20. Mikey G says:

Community is a sure fire pickup? I like the sound of that.

21. Ryan says:

I also support the neither button. If it beats both shows, a show gets a bye in the next round!

22. John Berggren says:

Brothers & Sisters is a guilty pleasure, but through the course of this year it has very much felt like it has run it’s course. If it comes back next year, I won’t stop watching, but it surely isn’t as good as it used to be.

Harry’s Law is a personal favorite. I adore Kathy Bates and David E. Kelly. I also enjoy seeing Nate Corddry from Studio 60. Favor goes to Harry’s Law, but they are both on my DVR.

• Spikenalabama says:

could not have said it any better myself!!

• eviltwit says:

Ditto! B&S to me, is an evening soap opera – and as such, it is definitely a guilty pleasure (mostly), but I can’t say I’d miss it if it were gone. Harry’s Law has possibilities – I adore the cast – and I always look forward to seeing what David E. Kelly comes up with. So, I voted for HL.

23. Jen says:

The link to the No Ordinary Family / Chuck link is wrong. It directs you to the Glee recap.

• Jen says:

Sorry – I meant No Ordinary Family / Lie to Me poll….

• Pam says:

The link for No Ordinary Family and Chuck is on the right side of the Glee recap. Had to do it twice to find it. Save Harry! Used to love B&S, but has been going down hill.

24. flutiefan says:

i watch both shows, but if i have to choose, i will go with Harry’s Law. B&S is getting tired.

25. Me says:

HL has more AA actors than anything on TV! Granted they mostly play gang bangers, the overall stories are compelling and should be given a chance to expand. While I don’t watch ‘live’ I make sure to get onDemand.

26. Scott says:

Brothers and Sisters. Always a great cast and a really great show.

27. Chatty says:

Definitely Harry’s Law! I love the concept, Kathy Bates is a master actor and I like all the characters, which cannot be said of all shows. It deserves to be around for years.

28. Alberto says:

Please, please, enough with Brothers and Sisters!! This season sucks!!!

29. Amy says:

There’s a busted link in the article. The link to the 2nd day of voting (Lie to Me v. No Ordinary Family) takes you to the Glee recap.

30. Matt says:

If ‘Harry’s Law’ gos, it is more likely that ‘Fringe’ will stay. So I am voting for ‘Brothers & Sisters’

31. Franca says:

Brothers and Sisters is by far the most incredible show on Tv right now. There is nothing out there to compare. I am not happy that ABC as not renew the show yet! What’s wrong with them?

32. Elodie says:

Brothers and Sisters! Brothers and Sisters! Brothers and Sisters!

33. Nick says:

Harry’s Law! For sure! I love Brothers and Sisters but Harrys Law has excellent acting and writing and the characters are unique. Something very refreshing in a long list of repeated character plots.

34. Pam says:

Love both shows. Have watch both from their inception and haven’t missed an episode!! Keep the quality shows and get rid of thse inane “reality” (which have absolutely nothing to do with reality) shows!!!

35. samych says:

Brothers and Sisters of course ;)

36. Vicki says:

how do you vote

37. Amy Wells says:

Even though I live in Cincinnati, my vote is still for Brothers and Sisters!

38. JB says:

Brothers and Sisters

39. pcw says:

Love b&s from day one.also love HS.

40. arllys says:

Both for sure

41. Avon97 says:

Brother’s & Sister’s for sure!! Although, I do enjoy Harry’s Law, I can’t go without the Walker’s!!

42. cplbe says:

brothers & sisters!!

43. Sam says:

I love both shows. But i think ‘Harry’s Law’ has more life in it than B&S. Unfortunately i feel the Walker stories have been told and retold and the joy of watching it has diminished to a level.
    HL needs to broaden it’s case-of-the-week to more than just the poor in that neighbourhood. It risks getting tedious.

44. Ally says:

I wish HL will get its second season. At the beginning I thought it wouldn’t work, but they’ve got an amazing cast and the idea behind it to explore. So I hope they’ll let them live.

45. robert says:

Brothers and Sisters. A+

46. Dana Polutnik says:

Brother & Sisters of course!!

47. Christa says:

Brothers & Sisters is incredible! I can’t have my Sunday night without my Walkers fix.

48. Ingmar says:

Brothers & Sisters for sure. I need the drama, lol.

49. Davey says:

Though I like Harry’s Law, the only reason I really watch it is for Kathy Bates. So I vote for Brothers and Sisters.

50. Christina Shepard says:

I watch both. But, Harry’s Law is one of my favorite new shows of the season. So, that’s my vote.