American Idol Exclusive Video: Check Out a New Promo Shoot With the Top 13!

Ch-ch-check it: We’ve got exclusive video of the American Idol season 10 finalists at their first promotional photo shoot (which took place Saturday in Los Angeles). Naima Adedapo and Jacob Lusk get their boogie on! Pia Toscano proves why she should never stray far from a jewel tone! Paul McDonald wears a tux! And one contestant admits to being a Little Monster, so to speak. Press play below, then tell us which Idol finalist wins the blue ribbon for best photo-shoot footage! And for all my Idol news and exclusives, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Winnie says:

aawww Michael that is a very nice promo…Love the contestants this year. Thanks for posting in advance.

2. Saracen Riggins says:

Can’t wait to watch this at home later. PS – EW has the theme listed for tonight. I want to know your picks for who should sing what!

• monte zello says:

Due to the SPOILERS published elsewhere (since the performance show was taped Tues for Weds broadcast), no need to make predictions/suggestions of song selection. nothing too exciting, from what I recall, but I do remember the girls’ selections: Lauren sings Shania (up first), Pia sings Celine, Karen sings Selena, Naima sings Rihanna, the “diva” sings Diana Ross, and Haley yodels Leann Rimes

3. Sybil says:

Are they TRYING to making Lauren A. look hideous? Dressing her like an 80s housewife and putting brunette stripes in her hair? I don’t even like her, and I feel bad for her.

4. dizzy says:

no idea who gets the blue ribbon here but i’ll tell u who’s record i will def buy– scotty’s! his voice is soooo old school in a good way and although i am not a country fan necessarily i also find him with the potential to become legendary. plus, he twinkle in his eyes– i can see a potential there when he is older. definitely sexier than mr. bieber….but ye, i am in my thirties sooo…

5. Joslyn says:

Scotty looking extra Alfred E. Newman in that shoot. They need to do something with his hair before it becomes the full Ross.

6. Justin K says:

Great finishing photo of them all dressed up! They are such a likable cast.

7. Sally in Chicago says:

Pia & Haley look like they’re from stage left TV show….the star is definitely Lauren, that girl has “it”. She just needs to lose weight.

8. HannaBec says:

That was cute, thank you! I’m anxious to see how Paul and James do!!

9. Sharon says:

Paul McDonald has the whitest teeth. They’re almost Paula Deen white.

10. Emma says:

You forgot the most important bit, the glimpse of James half nekkid :)

Jacob has so many faces, one second he is this chubby neighbor boy, one second he is the next usher.

11. cjinsd says:

Love Paul’s style. He’s the best dressed guy by a mile.

12. TItina says:

How cute is Casey Abrams in this video?
    LOVE him.
    Best personality ever and he is so humble too. I notice he is starting to dress a bit more modern.
    Go Casey go!

13. Trish says:

I am in the few who really digs James! Yes he kinda does remind me of Adam (except Adam is so far better), but I like him because he is the only rocker guy in the competition. Casey is still in my top 3 along with Paul. Not digging Thia or Lauren A. For young chicks those two should have been held back and told to come again in like 2 or 3 years. Yeah they both have the “chops” but neither have the maturity to last. Plus Lauren A. is way too aggressive for my style. Wonders has anyone ever told her NO? They should!

• Eolra says:

I like that he genuinely seems to like hard rock and metal, not just put into that role by Idol. It’s nice to hear someone actually say that they are into 80’s hair metal without embarrassment.

14. Sheri says:

Thank you for interviewing Chris Medina. Glad to see that he hasn’t given up hope on his music and that everything happens for a reason.

15. leo says:

michael, you need to get over kendra. i like her, but come on, she was not vocal performance of the week. she was too low at the start and too high at the end. i’m sorry she didn’t make it, but saying she owned the other 23 contestants—even for 30 seconds—is a little over-dramatic. she’s not jesse langseth.

16. Hey Michael Slezak says:

tsk, tsk Michael Slezak…you are showing your Northeastern bigotry and snobbery. Remember season 4.

17. Zia says:

I am SO happy to finally get a chance to see this! SO funny, and so spot on. I loved your Lauren imitation – where is Randy Travis to tell her “just don’t be too cute” like he felt necessary to say to Allison? And speaking of Allison, she is truly Hispanic (Mr. Iraheta earned subtitles!), but without needing to produce a Karaoke version of an overwrought Gokey song… Is it me, but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JUDGES WANTING CONTESTANTS TO BE UNIQUE? THEIR OWN ARTISTS? It seems to me that Nigel and company are repackaging any individuality into glorified Karaoke copies of the originals… and frankly, been there, done that… These contestants may really have talent, but they are just coming off as more and more like something from season 4 or 5… and boring!