Lie to Me Vs. No Ordinary Family: Vote in Day Two of the 'Renew Our Show' Bracket Tourney

Two shows enter! One show leaves! Yes, folks, that’s the brutal truth of TVLine’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Sweet 16 Bracket Tournament, a single-elimination duel to the death featuring many of your at-risk favorites. Today’s matchup pits No Ordinary Family against Lie to Me, and it’s up to you who’ll sail through to the next round.

For the uninitiated, “Renew Our Show!” features 16 existing series whose status for the 2011-2012 season remains unclear; we left out the sure-fire pickups (like Criminal Minds, Supernatural, and Community) and those to which the Grim Reaper has already paid a visit (adieu, Running Wilde!). Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next three weeks, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the field. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re worried about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

So who’s it going to be? Fox’s face-reading crime-solvers or ABC’s suburban superheroes? Polls will be open for 72 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to rally more fans to your favorite. (If you missed yesterday’s matchup — Chuck vs. Human Target, voting is still open for another 48 hours.) And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (120)

• Well I’m going for NOF, Fringe and V. Never watched LTM. Why don’t you get rid if all the CSI crap. Talk about hokey unbelievable TV shows. At least with NOF, Fringe and V, I know its a fantasy going in. Also, I don’t care about time slots, it’s 2011. I DVR everything and watch them when I want.

Comment by Tim – March 8, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • obviously I choose No Ordinary Family…
    I don’t watch the other series so I don’t like them…except for Fringe and V.
    so between NOF&LTM, I choose No Ordinary Family.

Comment by julia berndt – March 8, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cancel “LieToMe”, “V” & “TheCape”..WHY DO YOU ASK..”TheMentalist” is “LieToMe” only funny to watch..”V” doesnt compare to the original “V”..& why “TheCape” well its too cheese & I preferred “NOF”..better story line..If Fox cancels “HumanTarget” & or “Fringe” they’re IDIOTS!

Comment by YouKnow – March 8, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie To Me of course !
    One of the best show on TV !
    NOM is not worth it… I mean TIM ROTH & KELLI WILLIAMS people !

Comment by Sbbo – March 8, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FOR SURE! LTM all the way! They freaking rock and it’s the best show in the world!

Comment by Muahaha – March 8, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOF Lie to me is boring as hell ,the first and half two were Ok and dramatic S3 situ Roth overplaying

Comment by Karin – March 8, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOF

Comment by mstargel – March 8, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME! All the way. Freakin’ excellent series. totally new premise. The microfacial expressions is ffascinating. KEEEEPER!

Comment by Elaine – March 8, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me, without a doubt. It’s a funny and smart show that brings something new and interesting to the crime drama genre. Tim Roth is fantastic in the role, and Lightman being unlikable is part of the charm. Look at Mary on In Plain Sight, that show just got renewed for two seasons. I think Fox can go for at least one more of Lie to Me. I tried to watch No Ordinary Family, but I could never get into it.

Comment by k – March 8, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love Lie to Me! Watched NOF once and never again.

Comment by Iris – March 8, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg 110% lie to me I don’t know why people are talking about fringe ( which sucks ) and V ( which sucks ) this is a vote about lie to me which is an awesome show I can’t live without and No ordinary family not other crappy shows that don’t mean anything to this poll Lie to me rocks

Comment by Tara – March 8, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha! You’re my hero!!!! LTM all the way!

Comment by Muahaha – March 8, 2011 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME! LIE TO ME! LIE TO ME!
    ONE) Lie to Me has Tim Roth… and come… you really can’t do much better then that.
    TWO) It’s absolutely amazing… and SURE they’ve had their rough episodes and every show does! But overall they have kept a steady fanbase and have done amazing!
    THREE) Perfect chemistry between Tim and Kelli and all the characters are prefectly chosen.
    FOUR) The show is like… the best thing ever. I look forward to it EVERY week and imma cry if it’s cancelled.

And why are they up against eachother? They are on two TOTALLY different channels and they are about two TOTALLY different things. It really depends on what kind of show you like…
    SOSOOOOOO I’m not sure how this will end up, but I’m praying for Lie to Me!

Comment by Muahaha – March 8, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like LTM much better if I could understand a bloody thing Tim Roth says. Roth can do a much more understandable accent- I’ve heard him do it in other shows. For a character that has a teen daughter who has a complete American accent, his accent should have Americanized itself, somewhat. If he’d lighten up on the East End accent, I might actually watch this show again.

Comment by Shel – March 8, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lie to Me and I have great faith that it could make it far… but how could it ever go up against 15 other good shows? I mean… Lie to Me is the only show that IIII like out of all of them… but there are other people. I guess we need to just keep voting… Like the People’s Choice Awards, because that turned out well! I really hope LTM makes it!

Comment by Muahaha – March 8, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me! My favorite show on TV.

Comment by Anna – March 8, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie To Me. How can you not renew it. It’s up at the top, with the best of the best.
    Fox, please renew this absolutely fantastic show.
    You won’t regret it!!!

Comment by Kim – March 8, 2011 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Lie To Me. I’ve had enough of the superhero TV shows.

Comment by Elena – March 8, 2011 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save NOF!!! Cant stand “lie to me”!

Comment by meital – March 8, 2011 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never seen LTM…not interested. And yeah NOF is not the best show ever but it’s pleasant to watch ! Plus there is the amazing Julie Benz in it !!! This is way enough for me !!!

Comment by Frenchwhedonist – March 9, 2011 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pse keep it going can’t give it up

Comment by Michele Du Clou – March 9, 2011 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOF was this years biggest letdown for me.

Comment by jay – March 9, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME. IT IS AWESOME AND TIM ROTH IS AWSOME. BEST SHOW ON TV. AND MOST ORIGINAL. IT WON PEOPLES CHOICE AWARDS FOR BEST CRIME DRAMA AND ACTOR, HOW COULD THEY THINK ABOUT CANCELLING IT.

Comment by tara – March 9, 2011 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME!!!!!!

Comment by maryon – March 9, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where do we vote? Just in the comments?

Comment by Rachel – March 9, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sorry, just found it. wasn’t coming up on my ipod.

Comment by rachel – March 9, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for no ordinary family all the way because it’s actually something that my whole family can watch. Besides I’ve never watched Lie To Me cause it’s not made for familys (and also my mom said not to watch). So pretty please don’t take off NOF.

Comment by Marie – March 9, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie To Me hands down. I absolutely love the show and Tim Roth is amazing. There is no other show out there like this. There are so many cop shows on tv that aren’t in danger, but the one show that is actually different is in danger. Smart way to have variety – keeping the shows that are redundant.

Comment by manda – March 9, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me for sure. My silver lining in a TV crap.

Comment by Lana – March 9, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the ones that do not like the show Lie To Me is cause it hits home about how much truth is being hidden by people;

I think the story being told is really starting to get really good; i think it needs a two or three more seasons at least to unfold more of the story;

to me the other shows i see talked about in all these comments are too much like fanasty land and gives too much opportunity to hide and be something different than own up to life; nothing wrong with fantasying to a degree; i think too much of it hides too much of reality and not many like to deal with it; that is unfortunate
    of course what do i know right?
    anyway Lie to me i think needs to stay around for a while longer

Comment by JB – March 9, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME!!! Love it.

Comment by brynn – March 9, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Lie to Me. The show has so much potential! Great dynamics and a exceptional cast. They may leave holes sometimes in the plot, but they have yet to explore many story lines yet and they deserve the chance. RENEW Lie to Me.

Comment by Brittany – March 9, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew Lie to Me. You can’t get rid of one of the most trendiest and innovative shows out there. It’s phenomenal.

Comment by Jamie – March 9, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME of course!
    loooooveeee the show so much, if they cancel it,
    (which won’t happen because i want to belive they’re not morons and won’t waste a wonderful show)
    i’m gonna kick fox’s ass!

Comment by Ade – March 9, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save No Ordinary family, it’s much vetter than V or Lie to Me

Comment by Save NOF – March 9, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me is the best programme ever. Please renew for season four!!!

Comment by Sarah – March 10, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Lie to me!
    I’m looking forward to watching season4!~

Comment by Jessica – March 10, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO ORDINARY FAMILY!!! IT’S THE BEST SHOW!

Comment by Christina – March 10, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damned hard choice but….LIE TO ME! I love No Ordinary Family, but I’d crawl over broken glass for another season of Lie To Me. Bring back the Roth!

That is all ;)

Comment by Ash McKnight – March 11, 2011 03:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love Lie To Me. i miss Kelli.

Comment by Stacy – March 11, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me wins hands down. Tim Roth…. Come on is there any competion? Really.

Comment by m – March 14, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • of course..LIE TO ME..the best show of the 21st century…love U Tim♥

Comment by Sun-e – March 18, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Lie to me”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Irinka – March 19, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post