Lie to Me Vs. No Ordinary Family: Vote in Day Two of the 'Renew Our Show' Bracket Tourney

Two shows enter! One show leaves! Yes, folks, that’s the brutal truth of TVLine’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Sweet 16 Bracket Tournament, a single-elimination duel to the death featuring many of your at-risk favorites. Today’s matchup pits No Ordinary Family against Lie to Me, and it’s up to you who’ll sail through to the next round.

For the uninitiated, “Renew Our Show!” features 16 existing series whose status for the 2011-2012 season remains unclear; we left out the sure-fire pickups (like Criminal Minds, Supernatural, and Community) and those to which the Grim Reaper has already paid a visit (adieu, Running Wilde!). Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next three weeks, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the field. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re worried about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

So who’s it going to be? Fox’s face-reading crime-solvers or ABC’s suburban superheroes? Polls will be open for 72 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to rally more fans to your favorite. (If you missed yesterday’s matchup — Chuck vs. Human Target, voting is still open for another 48 hours.) And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (120)

• Neither. Cancel NOF to make room for V and cancel Lie to Me to make room for FRINGE.

Comment by John Berggren – March 8, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • excellent suggestion, i gave both of these shows a chance when they first came out, such a waste of time

Comment by Tom – March 8, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How long did you stick with it? I watched and hated in the beginning as well, but it’s gotten a lot better.

Comment by ryanandhobbes – March 8, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. Fringe and V deserve renewal more than the these two meh contenders.

Comment by Aimee – March 8, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lie To Me is a great show, NOF is meh. V is a pale remake of the original while even seeing picture of the Fringe cast activates my gag reflex.Fringe

Comment by Anna – March 8, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • every show is different. Here, we speak about LIE TO ME and NO ORDINARY FAMILY. I speak about a show when I saw this show. If you don’t watch, go away for to speak Fringe and V. There are so many shows to look at, for all the tastes.
        Sorry for my english!

Comment by avertet – March 10, 2011 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • These 2 shows are equally uninspiring. Instead, I vote Fringe for FOX and V for ABC ;)

Comment by Aimee – March 8, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course not! cancel V to make room for NOF that is so much better than V including the cast.

Comment by NOF Addict – March 8, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree… i want to see more NOF. V not so much, i prefered the original one. better story less special effects. I want to know more about whose side miss X is on.

Comment by Aaron Jones – March 8, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly.

Comment by xav – March 8, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • V is 100% sure to be canceled. NOF is aboit 90%. Lie To Me could go either way, but I really don’t care. I know that Fringe is going to be renewed for a fourth season. I will be highly shocked if they cancel it.

Comment by Duncan Houst – March 8, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How do you figure that? V has a higher demo than NOF by a pretty hefty margin. Or are you jes trollin? And you should be only surprised, not shocked if they cancel Fringe.

Comment by Mikos – March 8, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s no reason for this to be Lie To Me vs Fringe. Both fit into the schedule now, both could fit next year – if Fox wants them to. If they absolutely must toss an hourlong show, make it Human Target – I’ve tried to watch that show a few times and can never get into it enough to last an episode.

Comment by b – March 8, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe once a V bracket is made or a Fringe bracket is made, you can post it over there. But honestly? There’s no neither button so why bring to unrelated shows up?

Lie To Me, absolutely. No question.

Comment by Kira – March 8, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ideas off the bat V: remaking a show and sucking at it NOF: everyone likes super heroes but not when you suck at story telling Fringe: mighty ducks was cool in the day and he prolly should’ve stuck with his good graces, Lie to me: if you actually watched the show it actually had plot development and a firey british man who kept you watching! Shows I enjoy: House, lie to me, Detroit 187, Bones, and the cape(understands it has huge faults)

Comment by Josh – April 3, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with John Lie to me is a waste of time. Stopped watching that show in the second season. Fringe needs a better time slot and better promotion. As for NOF, yawn.

Comment by Thor51 – March 8, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Ordinary Family. Duh. It has Darla/Rita. Nuff said.

Comment by Potch – March 8, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll have to say NOF, only because I’ve never watched LTM. But neither sound appealing. Can I vote Chuck again, hehe.

Comment by Avon97 – March 8, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LTM! who cares about NOF?

Comment by denise – March 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • me.

Comment by Heather Heenan – March 8, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re a turd…. Lie to Me is where it’s AT!

Comment by Muahaha – March 8, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • i am not a “turd”. i simply enjoy NOF.
            grow up.

Comment by flutiefan – March 11, 2011 12:52 PM PDT
  • Saw one episode of Lie to me and it was alright. I gave up on NOF after a few eps, way too vanilla for me.

Comment by Jones19 – March 8, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Lie to me’ is one of my favorite shows it has to stay. ‘No ordinary family’ is boring and predictable, I finally gave up watching it after the last one aired.

Comment by Gabi – March 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea! Keep Lie to Me. It’s one of the few shows my hubby will enjoy with me. Tim Roth is hilarious. And its informative: I like to see if I can catch people lying to me lol!!

Comment by Sada – March 8, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve not seen NOF. Lie to Me is an intelligent, edgy and entertaining show so I’d vote for that one every single time. As much as I love the actors in NOF – Tim Roth is just too awesome.

Comment by Jaclyn – March 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again, I like both. LIE TO ME is better written and better acted, but is fairly serious and has an incredibly flawed and often unlikeable lead, although Lightman is still someone you root for. NO ORDINARY FAMILY is just…fun. But ABC probably has more flexibility than FOX, as the latter only slots two hours of primetime programming per night, not three.

Comment by Cass – March 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i find NOF to be entertaining and i’m interested in the overall story arc.
    i also like how they utilize guest stars lately (Lucy Lawless, Tricia Helfer).

Comment by flutiefan – March 8, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME is an amazing show..!! It took a little time for the writers to get a vision for the show.. now with new writers, the show has improved greatly as seen in the ratings of the last two episode! Now I feel we can take off and fly with this show as the character development has begun with more intensity and the story lines have more depth! I truly hope for a season 4 as I anxiously await the chemistry between Tim Roth and Kelli Williams..

Comment by Gail – March 8, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! Lie to Me is one of the smartest shows on TV. My whole family watches and loves it – my parents AND me AND my kids! The third season was really consistently terrific, and come on, they have TIM ROTH – one of the greatest actors alive right now. FOX would be foolish to cancel it just because it didn’t perform well against Dancing With the Stars, a ratings juggernaut, when they kept moving its airdate around so no one knew when it aired. This show has never gotten its fair due and it really deserved it.

I gave NOF a chance too, because Michael Chiklis is amazing. But it’s just so unremarkable and the writing is so weak that the acting can’t make up for it. Wasted potential. I agree that if FOX must toss an hour-long drama, though, it should be Human Target. It’s the only one out of the three (LTM, Fringe and HT) whose ratings have been steadily declining. It’s not going to get better.

Comment by Ruby – March 8, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said! I completely agree.

I’m really rooting for Lie To Me. I gave up on NOF after 2 episodes.

Comment by Erin – March 8, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neither
    Cancel them both and renew V and Fringe

Comment by Laurel – March 8, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me by a LONG shot! The only thing I liked about NOF was Stephen Collins as a bad guy. Wasnt enough to watch 45 min for his two. Also Fox, keep Fringe and Human Target. ABC keep V for twenty more than wrap it up with a true finale. Oh I say again, LIE TO ME!

Comment by Ryan – March 8, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lie To Me. There are too few intelligent shows on TV as it is (Hellooo Housewives of….)

Comment by Beth – March 8, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheesh. Another terrible first round matchup.

LIE TO ME has to be like a 3 seed, NO ORDINARY FAMILY has to be like a 9 seed…

Gotta go with LIE TO ME.

NO ORDINARY FAMILY would have done better on ABC Family, It’s a little to childish for network prime.

Comment by MST3K – March 8, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After how horrible Season 3 of Lie to Me was, I’m going to go with ‘renew No Ordinary Family’. S3 of LTM changed me from a megafan to completely uninterested in the show at all.

Comment by xav – March 8, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me i want Jason dohring to guest star again!!!!

Comment by yvette – March 8, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neither, but when it comes down to it, we have been through more with Lie To Me.

Comment by Sourabh – March 8, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep Lie to Me and Human Target.

Comment by laura – March 8, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me!!! It’s an amazing show with terrific actors and writers. It’s intelligent, exciting and fun, with fantastic characters who have real chemistry. We need more Lightman and Foster – save Lie to Me!!!!!!

Comment by Kate – March 8, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I refuse to pick one over the other, I love them both!

Comment by raelee514 – March 8, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I DON’T LIKE V OR FRINGE, PEOPLE THIS IS FOR LTM – NOF FANS IF YOU DON’T LIKE BOTH JUST SHUT UP… YOUR COMMENTS ARE OUT OF PLACE HERE, PLUS THIS TWO SHOWS ARE BETTE THAN FRINGE OR V EVEN THE CAST OF BOTH ARE BETTER, YOU ARE ALL SO DESPERATE CAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO SAVE YOUR SHOWS? THAT’S WHY YOU’RE ALL HERE SAYING THAT NEITHER OF THIS SHOWS LTM AND NOF DOSN’T DESERVE A CHANCE? GET OVE IT!! IF YOU THINK YOUR SHOWS ARE BETTER YOU’RE WRONG BECAUSE EVERY SHOW HAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND IT’S NOT FAIR TO US (LTM AND NOF FANS) THAT YOU (AND I DON’T CARE WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE) POST YOUR COMMENTS HERE SAYING THAT OUR SHOWS DOSN’T DESERVE A CHANCE. SO PLEASE IF YOU’RE NOT A LTM OR NOF JUST SHUT UP.

Comment by REAL FAN – March 8, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you(maybe not the yelling part) but the general idea. :)

Comment by Pat – March 8, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me definitely!!!!!!!
    I like NOF, but Lie to Me, hands down.

Comment by Allison N – March 8, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about neither.

Comment by jj – March 8, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The worst part about this whole thing is that at some point shows have to go head to head and if you believe the odds makers Fringe and Check will be the last two standing and who could possibly pick between those two??!!

Comment by A – March 8, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIE TO ME all the way!
    Never really liked No Ordinary Family. I think the acting is just average and the story line can only go so far…plus LTM’s season finale was uhhhhhhhhh-mazing!

Comment by gii69 – March 8, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep Lie to Me and dump the other. Keep the adult show, keep superhero shows on Saturday mornings where they belong!

Comment by Dave – March 8, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save Lie To Me!! The characters are so watchable and the show keeps you entertained. Plus you get to see brilliant Tim Roth every week.

Comment by Maria – March 8, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two Words: Tim Roth! The man is one of the best actors of our time. If Tarentino can endorse him then come on… ‘nuf said! The writing is great and the chemistry between the two lead actors is off the charts! Definitely want to see where they will take this in Season 4.

Comment by Monique – March 8, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do NOT cancel No Ordinary Family. When Smallville ends we’ll have no other super powered show. Julie Benz is amazing. It’s one of my favorite shows!!

Comment by The_peachiest – March 8, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me is by far one of the better shows out there. It’s so much more than just a crime show.

Comment by Jala – March 8, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote will always go to Lie to Me, the third season started a little rocky but was just getting into a really great rhythm when FOX decided to not give it the back 9.
    I tried watching No Ordinary Family but the level of cheesy-ness in plot and acting made me stop after 3 or 4 episodes.

Comment by Kelsey – March 8, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about S3 – started out eh, airing episodes out of order didn’t help any, but the last few episodes were all really solid. Very sad that it got cut short, I think they could have built their audience a bit, especially if Fox would, gee, I dunno – advertise it a bit? I watch so many Fox shows, and saw endless ads for Bones, Fringe, even Human Target – almost none for LTM.

Comment by b – March 8, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Lie to me – Its such a great show and one of my favourites! I hope we get another season!!!

Comment by Janah – March 8, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOF, is better. Definitely the show should continue and promote the shows based on the quality and what the audience really see and expect, not about some critics and ratings. Don’t put them to compete them. Make space for all on TV or Online.

Comment by Jader – March 8, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me is such a fantastic show and No Ordinary Family is just filler for when you’re in the middle of cooking dinner. Most definitely vote for Lie to Me!

Comment by Amber S – March 8, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me! After the bomb shell they dropped in the season finale, I really hope they don’t leave me hanging. But FOX needs to do a better job of promoting the show. There are hardly any ads for the show.

Comment by xyber116 – March 8, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erm….no brainer! Lie To Me FTW!

Comment by Kristen – March 8, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAVE. NO Ordinary Family love this show

Comment by Aleana – March 8, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never was able to get into NOF, but I LOVE Lie to Me. The finale left a lot open too, so I would love to see them explore some things further.

Comment by Mikaylah – March 8, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me is such a unique show. I feel bad about saying this but no ordinary family has no future. It’ll be the same thing week after week and it isn’t interesting, irritant pull you in. Lieto me is new every week an the lead character is brilliant. Th show is simply superb and needs to have a 4th season. I <3 lie to me so much. Please renew it fox!!!

Comment by Kim – March 8, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie To Me is the one that’s kept my interest. Really wanted to like NOF but didn’t for the long haul

Comment by Sarah – March 8, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me! It’s the only smart show on TV, it could a truly bright future if FOX will let it.

Comment by Ghost – March 8, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely save No Ordinary Family!!! Advertise the poll people! LTM is waaay ahead already!

Comment by No Ordinary Fan :) – March 8, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me FTW!
    best tv show ever!

Comment by Sonja – March 8, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obviously Lie to Me deserves a 4th season!!!!!!! Its the best show on televison.

Comment by Mary – March 8, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me ever!

Comment by Jaqueline – March 8, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • L I E T O M E!
    Best show on TV! Chemistry between characters are amazing and the whole story line need a four season! We want more!
    Just sayin’

Comment by TheKassy – March 8, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why is this even a question? of course it’s lie to me.

Comment by rajjj – March 8, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me all the way…! Love the characters (except Wallflower – you know who I mean) and the chemistry between Tim and Kelli. With idiots like Charlie Sheen finally getting fired, a cast that is dedicated to their profession and the show the way these folks are should be a shoo in for another season.

Comment by tekkie – March 8, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i loved Lie To Me when Shawn Ryan was running it but after he left the show felt bland again. No Ordinary Family has really started to find a groove. Its different and fun with a great cast

Comment by Joe – March 8, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to me – the best show ever!

Comment by kate – March 8, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Long series to lie to me!

Comment by Stephen – October 25, 2011 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post