Lie to Me Vs. No Ordinary Family: Vote in Day Two of the 'Renew Our Show' Bracket Tourney

Two shows enter! One show leaves! Yes, folks, that’s the brutal truth of TVLine’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Sweet 16 Bracket Tournament, a single-elimination duel to the death featuring many of your at-risk favorites. Today’s matchup pits No Ordinary Family against Lie to Me, and it’s up to you who’ll sail through to the next round.

For the uninitiated, “Renew Our Show!” features 16 existing series whose status for the 2011-2012 season remains unclear; we left out the sure-fire pickups (like Criminal Minds, Supernatural, and Community) and those to which the Grim Reaper has already paid a visit (adieu, Running Wilde!). Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next three weeks, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the field. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re worried about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

So who’s it going to be? Fox’s face-reading crime-solvers or ABC’s suburban superheroes? Polls will be open for 72 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to rally more fans to your favorite. (If you missed yesterday’s matchup — Chuck vs. Human Target, voting is still open for another 48 hours.) And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. John Berggren says:

Neither. Cancel NOF to make room for V and cancel Lie to Me to make room for FRINGE.

• Tom says:

excellent suggestion, i gave both of these shows a chance when they first came out, such a waste of time

• ryanandhobbes says:

How long did you stick with it? I watched and hated in the beginning as well, but it’s gotten a lot better.

• Aimee says:

My thoughts exactly. Fringe and V deserve renewal more than the these two meh contenders.

• Anna says:

Lie To Me is a great show, NOF is meh. V is a pale remake of the original while even seeing picture of the Fringe cast activates my gag reflex.Fringe

• avertet says:

every show is different. Here, we speak about LIE TO ME and NO ORDINARY FAMILY. I speak about a show when I saw this show. If you don’t watch, go away for to speak Fringe and V. There are so many shows to look at, for all the tastes.
        Sorry for my english!

• Aimee says:

These 2 shows are equally uninspiring. Instead, I vote Fringe for FOX and V for ABC ;)

• NOF Addict says:

Of course not! cancel V to make room for NOF that is so much better than V including the cast.

• Aaron Jones says:

I agree… i want to see more NOF. V not so much, i prefered the original one. better story less special effects. I want to know more about whose side miss X is on.

• xav says:

Exactly.

• Duncan Houst says:

V is 100% sure to be canceled. NOF is aboit 90%. Lie To Me could go either way, but I really don’t care. I know that Fringe is going to be renewed for a fourth season. I will be highly shocked if they cancel it.

• Mikos says:

How do you figure that? V has a higher demo than NOF by a pretty hefty margin. Or are you jes trollin? And you should be only surprised, not shocked if they cancel Fringe.

• b says:

There’s no reason for this to be Lie To Me vs Fringe. Both fit into the schedule now, both could fit next year – if Fox wants them to. If they absolutely must toss an hourlong show, make it Human Target – I’ve tried to watch that show a few times and can never get into it enough to last an episode.

• Kira says:

Maybe once a V bracket is made or a Fringe bracket is made, you can post it over there. But honestly? There’s no neither button so why bring to unrelated shows up?

Lie To Me, absolutely. No question.

• Josh says:

Ideas off the bat V: remaking a show and sucking at it NOF: everyone likes super heroes but not when you suck at story telling Fringe: mighty ducks was cool in the day and he prolly should’ve stuck with his good graces, Lie to me: if you actually watched the show it actually had plot development and a firey british man who kept you watching! Shows I enjoy: House, lie to me, Detroit 187, Bones, and the cape(understands it has huge faults)

2. Thor51 says:

I agree with John Lie to me is a waste of time. Stopped watching that show in the second season. Fringe needs a better time slot and better promotion. As for NOF, yawn.

3. Potch says:

No Ordinary Family. Duh. It has Darla/Rita. Nuff said.

4. Avon97 says:

I’ll have to say NOF, only because I’ve never watched LTM. But neither sound appealing. Can I vote Chuck again, hehe.

5. Jones19 says:

Saw one episode of Lie to me and it was alright. I gave up on NOF after a few eps, way too vanilla for me.

6. Gabi says:

‘Lie to me’ is one of my favorite shows it has to stay. ‘No ordinary family’ is boring and predictable, I finally gave up watching it after the last one aired.

• Sada says:

Yea! Keep Lie to Me. It’s one of the few shows my hubby will enjoy with me. Tim Roth is hilarious. And its informative: I like to see if I can catch people lying to me lol!!

7. Jaclyn says:

I’ve not seen NOF. Lie to Me is an intelligent, edgy and entertaining show so I’d vote for that one every single time. As much as I love the actors in NOF – Tim Roth is just too awesome.

8. Cass says:

Again, I like both. LIE TO ME is better written and better acted, but is fairly serious and has an incredibly flawed and often unlikeable lead, although Lightman is still someone you root for. NO ORDINARY FAMILY is just…fun. But ABC probably has more flexibility than FOX, as the latter only slots two hours of primetime programming per night, not three.

9. flutiefan says:

i find NOF to be entertaining and i’m interested in the overall story arc.
    i also like how they utilize guest stars lately (Lucy Lawless, Tricia Helfer).

10. Gail says:

LIE TO ME is an amazing show..!! It took a little time for the writers to get a vision for the show.. now with new writers, the show has improved greatly as seen in the ratings of the last two episode! Now I feel we can take off and fly with this show as the character development has begun with more intensity and the story lines have more depth! I truly hope for a season 4 as I anxiously await the chemistry between Tim Roth and Kelli Williams..

• Ruby says:

This! Lie to Me is one of the smartest shows on TV. My whole family watches and loves it – my parents AND me AND my kids! The third season was really consistently terrific, and come on, they have TIM ROTH – one of the greatest actors alive right now. FOX would be foolish to cancel it just because it didn’t perform well against Dancing With the Stars, a ratings juggernaut, when they kept moving its airdate around so no one knew when it aired. This show has never gotten its fair due and it really deserved it.

I gave NOF a chance too, because Michael Chiklis is amazing. But it’s just so unremarkable and the writing is so weak that the acting can’t make up for it. Wasted potential. I agree that if FOX must toss an hour-long drama, though, it should be Human Target. It’s the only one out of the three (LTM, Fringe and HT) whose ratings have been steadily declining. It’s not going to get better.

• Erin says:

Well said! I completely agree.

I’m really rooting for Lie To Me. I gave up on NOF after 2 episodes.

11. Laurel says:

Neither
    Cancel them both and renew V and Fringe

12. Ryan says:

Lie to Me by a LONG shot! The only thing I liked about NOF was Stephen Collins as a bad guy. Wasnt enough to watch 45 min for his two. Also Fox, keep Fringe and Human Target. ABC keep V for twenty more than wrap it up with a true finale. Oh I say again, LIE TO ME!

13. Beth says:

I love Lie To Me. There are too few intelligent shows on TV as it is (Hellooo Housewives of….)

14. MST3K says:

Sheesh. Another terrible first round matchup.

LIE TO ME has to be like a 3 seed, NO ORDINARY FAMILY has to be like a 9 seed…

Gotta go with LIE TO ME.

NO ORDINARY FAMILY would have done better on ABC Family, It’s a little to childish for network prime.

15. xav says:

After how horrible Season 3 of Lie to Me was, I’m going to go with ‘renew No Ordinary Family’. S3 of LTM changed me from a megafan to completely uninterested in the show at all.

16. yvette says:

Lie to me i want Jason dohring to guest star again!!!!

17. Sourabh says:

Neither, but when it comes down to it, we have been through more with Lie To Me.

18. laura says:

Keep Lie to Me and Human Target.

19. Kate says:

Lie to Me!!! It’s an amazing show with terrific actors and writers. It’s intelligent, exciting and fun, with fantastic characters who have real chemistry. We need more Lightman and Foster – save Lie to Me!!!!!!

20. raelee514 says:

I refuse to pick one over the other, I love them both!

21. REAL FAN says:

I DON’T LIKE V OR FRINGE, PEOPLE THIS IS FOR LTM – NOF FANS IF YOU DON’T LIKE BOTH JUST SHUT UP… YOUR COMMENTS ARE OUT OF PLACE HERE, PLUS THIS TWO SHOWS ARE BETTE THAN FRINGE OR V EVEN THE CAST OF BOTH ARE BETTER, YOU ARE ALL SO DESPERATE CAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO SAVE YOUR SHOWS? THAT’S WHY YOU’RE ALL HERE SAYING THAT NEITHER OF THIS SHOWS LTM AND NOF DOSN’T DESERVE A CHANCE? GET OVE IT!! IF YOU THINK YOUR SHOWS ARE BETTER YOU’RE WRONG BECAUSE EVERY SHOW HAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND IT’S NOT FAIR TO US (LTM AND NOF FANS) THAT YOU (AND I DON’T CARE WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE) POST YOUR COMMENTS HERE SAYING THAT OUR SHOWS DOSN’T DESERVE A CHANCE. SO PLEASE IF YOU’RE NOT A LTM OR NOF JUST SHUT UP.

22. Allison N says:

Lie to Me definitely!!!!!!!
    I like NOF, but Lie to Me, hands down.

23. jj says:

How about neither.

24. A says:

The worst part about this whole thing is that at some point shows have to go head to head and if you believe the odds makers Fringe and Check will be the last two standing and who could possibly pick between those two??!!

25. gii69 says:

LIE TO ME all the way!
    Never really liked No Ordinary Family. I think the acting is just average and the story line can only go so far…plus LTM’s season finale was uhhhhhhhhh-mazing!

26. Dave says:

Keep Lie to Me and dump the other. Keep the adult show, keep superhero shows on Saturday mornings where they belong!

27. Maria says:

Save Lie To Me!! The characters are so watchable and the show keeps you entertained. Plus you get to see brilliant Tim Roth every week.

28. Monique says:

Two Words: Tim Roth! The man is one of the best actors of our time. If Tarentino can endorse him then come on… ‘nuf said! The writing is great and the chemistry between the two lead actors is off the charts! Definitely want to see where they will take this in Season 4.

29. The_peachiest says:

Please do NOT cancel No Ordinary Family. When Smallville ends we’ll have no other super powered show. Julie Benz is amazing. It’s one of my favorite shows!!

30. Jala says:

Lie to Me is by far one of the better shows out there. It’s so much more than just a crime show.

31. Kelsey says:

My vote will always go to Lie to Me, the third season started a little rocky but was just getting into a really great rhythm when FOX decided to not give it the back 9.
    I tried watching No Ordinary Family but the level of cheesy-ness in plot and acting made me stop after 3 or 4 episodes.

• b says:

I agree about S3 – started out eh, airing episodes out of order didn’t help any, but the last few episodes were all really solid. Very sad that it got cut short, I think they could have built their audience a bit, especially if Fox would, gee, I dunno – advertise it a bit? I watch so many Fox shows, and saw endless ads for Bones, Fringe, even Human Target – almost none for LTM.

32. Janah says:

I LOVE Lie to me – Its such a great show and one of my favourites! I hope we get another season!!!

33. Jader says:

NOF, is better. Definitely the show should continue and promote the shows based on the quality and what the audience really see and expect, not about some critics and ratings. Don’t put them to compete them. Make space for all on TV or Online.

34. Amber S says:

Lie to Me is such a fantastic show and No Ordinary Family is just filler for when you’re in the middle of cooking dinner. Most definitely vote for Lie to Me!

35. xyber116 says:

Lie to Me! After the bomb shell they dropped in the season finale, I really hope they don’t leave me hanging. But FOX needs to do a better job of promoting the show. There are hardly any ads for the show.

36. Kristen says:

Erm….no brainer! Lie To Me FTW!

37. Aleana says:

SAVE. NO Ordinary Family love this show

38. Mikaylah says:

I never was able to get into NOF, but I LOVE Lie to Me. The finale left a lot open too, so I would love to see them explore some things further.

39. Kim says:

Lie to me is such a unique show. I feel bad about saying this but no ordinary family has no future. It’ll be the same thing week after week and it isn’t interesting, irritant pull you in. Lieto me is new every week an the lead character is brilliant. Th show is simply superb and needs to have a 4th season. I <3 lie to me so much. Please renew it fox!!!

40. Sarah says:

Lie To Me is the one that’s kept my interest. Really wanted to like NOF but didn’t for the long haul

41. Ghost says:

Lie to Me! It’s the only smart show on TV, it could a truly bright future if FOX will let it.

42. No Ordinary Fan :) says:

Definitely save No Ordinary Family!!! Advertise the poll people! LTM is waaay ahead already!

43. Sonja says:

Lie to me FTW!
    best tv show ever!

44. Mary says:

Obviously Lie to Me deserves a 4th season!!!!!!! Its the best show on televison.

45. Jaqueline says:

Lie to me ever!

46. TheKassy says:

L I E T O M E!
    Best show on TV! Chemistry between characters are amazing and the whole story line need a four season! We want more!
    Just sayin’

47. rajjj says:

why is this even a question? of course it’s lie to me.

48. tekkie says:

Lie to Me all the way…! Love the characters (except Wallflower – you know who I mean) and the chemistry between Tim and Kelli. With idiots like Charlie Sheen finally getting fired, a cast that is dedicated to their profession and the show the way these folks are should be a shoo in for another season.

49. Joe says:

i loved Lie To Me when Shawn Ryan was running it but after he left the show felt bland again. No Ordinary Family has really started to find a groove. Its different and fun with a great cast

50. kate says:

Lie to me – the best show ever!